First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 15:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I log like oncee a week at most since like september; I'm debating if it worth keeping sub at this point(it's not), but if the only answer you have are:

"It's obvious you have been emo, I can see from the posts you make... Give it a break and play something else"
I think you agree with me and you're just in denial about it.

And: "Obviously those things make the game a lot easier, content isn't balanced around everyone having the best equipment in the game"

That's pretty much why I don't care to log on anymore but isn't it poor design if you release almost no content aimed at people with gear that was released 4-5 years ago ? (ddb, mythic, ochain, aegis and so on..) Are we that far into denial ?

Higher ilevel of Incursion would suit people with that gear, but it has nothing really rewarding from it as of now. Why can't you just wait instead of slamming your fists on the table demanding to be fed? They have plans for the game, they aren't sitting there thinking of ways to *** you over so you quit the game. Obviously they are catering more towards the casual crowd because they aren't the ones up in arms every update over the dumbest ***.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 15:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Those, to me, are accomplishments. Not mindless grinding to get small benefits. Probably the same reason I never finished any mythics, I can't bring myself to complete menial tasks over and over and over just to try to fool myself into believing I accomplished anything other than convincing myself to soldier on through the boredom of my 200th salvage/dynamis run and instead went to go kill nael deus darnus or something. I felt a lot more accomplished downing that (sorry, i need something to draw comparison with, XIV just happens to be easiest) because it took me and my group a lot of time coordinating and learning as a group how to deal with the fight. It's the same feeling I got when my LS first beat Tojil, the first NA shell on the server to do so. It isn't a feeling that can be replicated by getting a Job Point Earned message. It isn't something I ever expect XI to give me again. It disappoints me, and seeing the JP system continue to elongate the issue annoys me.

Yet you grind in FFXIV the same dungeons over and over to cap each week to buy gear. That is different in some way? You people are all whiny *** I swear, you have no idea what you want.

And yet at the end of the road (which, by the way, is a single dungeon a day for 5 days out of the week, each dungeon taking 20 minutes or less to complete), I have actual challenging content to go tackle with my new gear and feel rewarded for my efforts by getting even better gear. What does that in XI anymore?

I know very much what I want, and I even explicitly spelled it out in the very post you just quoted. If you're going to be a fanatical zealot about defending XI and its perfection in your eyes, at least learn how to have an argument without misrepresenting someone's position, because it's your only ammo and it's getting tiresome.

XI is a much older game, there will be content that fills that spot soon. Incursion was a good one but it doesn't reward much at higher ilevel, for now at least.

Source?

Quote:
XIV "hard" is simply dodging and memorizing exact patterns, people obviously play XI for a different reason.

Have you even been in coil?

Quote:
You are simply wasting your energy typing the same schtick every update thread... If you don't like it, why do you even care to comment? You aren't doing anything except wasting time that you could spend on your precious XIV since its so fun.

You're very good at playing the whole "your opinion clashes with mine, therefor you don't have a right to have one" card. Here's the thing princess, that isn't how the world works. get used to it. Also worth noting that I haven't voiced displeasure about the game's updates in many many months, so your hyperbole is lost here.

Quote:
When Delve was fun and challenging, according to you, you were still bitching with the rest of them. I still remember those days just like this, it was the same ***. You people are never happy lol.

Source? When did I personally complain about Delve being too hard, and when did anyone who actually enjoyed the challenge complain? We started complaining when they started dumbing it down by adding skill to weapons and ilvl. Not before. Again, maybe you should stop making ***up and misinterpreting people's positions just to try to preach from moral high ground. It's a moronic standpoint and just shows that you're incapable of actual logical argument.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-27 15:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I log like oncee a week at most since like september; I'm debating if it worth keeping sub at this point(it's not), but if the only answer you have are:

"It's obvious you have been emo, I can see from the posts you make... Give it a break and play something else"
I think you agree with me and you're just in denial about it.

And: "Obviously those things make the game a lot easier, content isn't balanced around everyone having the best equipment in the game"

That's pretty much why I don't care to log on anymore but isn't it poor design if you release almost no content aimed at people with gear that was released 4-5 years ago ? (ddb, mythic, ochain, aegis and so on..) Are we that far into denial ?

Higher ilevel of Incursion would suit people with that gear, but it has nothing really rewarding from it as of now. Why can't you just wait instead of slamming your fists on the table demanding to be fed? They have plans for the game, they aren't sitting there thinking of ways to *** you over so you quit the game. Obviously they are catering more towards the casual crowd because they aren't the ones up in arms every update over the dumbest ***.

Gift isn't aimed at casual lol, and every update ? I was quite happy when they announced avatar update but after doing the fight once I gave up on XI, this game need a nerf cause tbh even if highest level incursion is "challenging"(honestly it just get more idriss/koga/stun lock ***) it is no different than previous strat we used.

What I'm hoping for is nerf to what make us able to avoid every fight "mechanic" since delve I; honestly we're just too strong at this point and them adding way to just make us stronger without fixing the core issue is poor design.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-27 15:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to fuel the fire:

It's kind of odd to complain about FFXI falling off when it introduced 20lvls of ilvl gear then mentioning a preference for FFXIV a game that has 50 lvls of ilvl gear.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 15:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Just to fuel the fire:

It's kind of odd to complain about FFXI falling off when it introduced 20lvls of ilvl gear then mentioning a preference for FFXIV a game that has 50 lvls of ilvl gear.

Maybe if it were a 1:1 exchange on how you obtain the equipment and the difficulty of the events related to obtaining it. But it isn't. At all.

The issue isn't in the ilvl system itself, it's in the fact that there's no difficult/rewarding feeling content to back it up. Why bother getting the best gear when I can complete everything in sparks gear? What accomplishment is there in overcoming a battle that someone can solo anyway if they just lower the difficulty (most of which not being particularly hard even when you crank them up)?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-27 15:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI's Random Number Generator of rewards knows no peer.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 15:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That isn't even it either. Outside of augments you can cap out on gear in mere days because all of the events are easy to complete and they ***gear at astronomical rates. All they really need to do is return to moderately hard content with moderately longlasting drop rates/acquisition methods. I'm not saying lock people out of it, that would be stupid, but something better than what we have now for the hardcores would be nice. At least add a reason to do higher level versions of battles other than making the already fast gear acquisition even faster because it forces drops.

Basically make the fights more of an accomplishment to overcome and make them rewarding without having them be too rewarding.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-27 15:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh That argument is slightly skewed by having the luxury of playing with a group of competent players. New players and people in 117 gear have issues on content designed to be won with 110 to 113 gear. Also the RNG comment was made before the edit elaborating your post.

However, we as players can't have it both ways. The original argument people had about FFXI was too much effort and too little reward. Minimal stat increases on gear and horrid drop rates is what most people griped about. We got a new design team they address the issue and now people say its too easy there is not enough incentive to remain etc.

Bottom line the issue is incentives to remain and that is something no designer can fix that is an issue that varies for each individual player/subscriber. Everyone has their reason to stay or leave. There really is no design trick to ensnare people after 12 yrs without a complete overhaul.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 15:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

so the "competent players" should have to deal with table scraps and filler content because there's someone out there who doesn't want to put in the minimal amount of effort it takes to complete a fight on easy mode? why?

there's making things accessible, and then there's that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-27 15:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue isn't in the ilvl system itself
Personally disliked it since day 1. All gear is about the same now, stats aren't even mixed anymore(ie: all hands have high dex low agi, all pants high str chr and no dex, etc); I find myself not able to be wowed by gear anymore which makes me a bit sad.
But it's too late to go back.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-11-27 15:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This gifts system also rewards those people who decided to get their CP by afk'ing in Outer Raz.

This proves just how much IDGAF that SE is filled with, IMO.

Note: I am not insinuating that everyone with capped JP chose to use third party resources to do so. I just happen to know of more than a few that did.

I commend those who earned theirs the hard way, in fact.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 15:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
However, we as players can't have it both ways. The original argument people had about FFXI was too much effort and too little reward. Minimal stat increases on gear and horrid drop rates is what most people griped about. We got a new design team they address the issue and now people say its too easy there is not enough incentive to remain etc.

here's the thing, there's a big difference between 0.5% drop rates and 100% drop rates. savvy? you don't need things to drop every time you kill an ark angel, and you don't need things to drop 0.5% of the time. you can make the fight moderately challenging to complete and put the drop rate around 10%-15%.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-27 15:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Personally disliked it since day 1. All gear is about the same now, stats aren't even mixed anymore(ie: all hands have high dex low agi, all pants high str chr and no dex, etc); I find myself not able to be wowed by gear anymore which makes me a bit sad.

I have the same issue, I don't even look at new gear anymore, they should have just made what was the same for every ilvl gear of a same slot a stat named "ilvl base stat 119" then add what was specific(they could still do it) but it prolly won't happen
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 16:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Don't want to break a lance in favour of Prothescar, but he's got a point Draylo.
If you exceed in it every kind of grind is going to make you fed up with it, but in games like WoW and FFXIV you have a wide variety of stuff to do, every dungeon is different to a certain extent, you can farm with primal fights, raids, daily quests.
It's the same in wow.
This variety and the efficiency of time spent/reward makes it feel much less grindier than the current JP situation in FFXI, it's not comparable in terms of amount of effort (time) required and variety.

And I'm not even one of those guys who hate meripos, I've been waiting for meripos to return for a long time (hint hint, they haven't yet sadly)

So I get your concept Draylo and I can agree with it in theory, but a 1:1 comparison with FFXIV's grind for Soldiery/Poetics is a bit of a stretch.

Well you could compare it to FFXI too, you get CP from all kinds of fights now. The main one is Incursion, who is to say the new skirmish won't have a similar CP gain? FFXI had a lot of different things to do too, after Delve we practically had nothing to do until they added skirmish, WKR incentives and other things like Hard mode fights. They continue to add ***every month, next month new skirmish and QoL changes etc. It's only a matter of time until they add something that catches peoples interest again like a new Delve, and at that point we will have a bunch of other things to do like CP farm or new Hard modes.

People are just so emo and doomsdaying right now its crazy. Do you people know patience? They had to do something drastic or the game would not have survived at all. I doubt they are going to give up on it at this point.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 16:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Those, to me, are accomplishments. Not mindless grinding to get small benefits. Probably the same reason I never finished any mythics, I can't bring myself to complete menial tasks over and over and over just to try to fool myself into believing I accomplished anything other than convincing myself to soldier on through the boredom of my 200th salvage/dynamis run and instead went to go kill nael deus darnus or something. I felt a lot more accomplished downing that (sorry, i need something to draw comparison with, XIV just happens to be easiest) because it took me and my group a lot of time coordinating and learning as a group how to deal with the fight. It's the same feeling I got when my LS first beat Tojil, the first NA shell on the server to do so. It isn't a feeling that can be replicated by getting a Job Point Earned message. It isn't something I ever expect XI to give me again. It disappoints me, and seeing the JP system continue to elongate the issue annoys me.

Yet you grind in FFXIV the same dungeons over and over to cap each week to buy gear. That is different in some way? You people are all whiny *** I swear, you have no idea what you want.

And yet at the end of the road (which, by the way, is a single dungeon a day for 5 days out of the week, each dungeon taking 20 minutes or less to complete), I have actual challenging content to go tackle with my new gear and feel rewarded for my efforts by getting even better gear. What does that in XI anymore?

I know very much what I want, and I even explicitly spelled it out in the very post you just quoted. If you're going to be a fanatical zealot about defending XI and its perfection in your eyes, at least learn how to have an argument without misrepresenting someone's position, because it's your only ammo and it's getting tiresome.

XI is a much older game, there will be content that fills that spot soon. Incursion was a good one but it doesn't reward much at higher ilevel, for now at least.

Source?

Quote:
XIV "hard" is simply dodging and memorizing exact patterns, people obviously play XI for a different reason.

Have you even been in coil?

Quote:
You are simply wasting your energy typing the same schtick every update thread... If you don't like it, why do you even care to comment? You aren't doing anything except wasting time that you could spend on your precious XIV since its so fun.

You're very good at playing the whole "your opinion clashes with mine, therefor you don't have a right to have one" card. Here's the thing princess, that isn't how the world works. get used to it. Also worth noting that I haven't voiced displeasure about the game's updates in many many months, so your hyperbole is lost here.

Quote:
When Delve was fun and challenging, according to you, you were still bitching with the rest of them. I still remember those days just like this, it was the same ***. You people are never happy lol.

Source? When did I personally complain about Delve being too hard, and when did anyone who actually enjoyed the challenge complain? We started complaining when they started dumbing it down by adding skill to weapons and ilvl. Not before. Again, maybe you should stop making ***up and misinterpreting people's positions just to try to preach from moral high ground. It's a moronic standpoint and just shows that you're incapable of actual logical argument.

No source needed, go look at the damn history of the game. They always add new content, not within a timeframe YOU might like, but they do. People had beaten delve and COMPLAINED there was nothing else to do, despite the difficulty of Delve. I know I personally read posts from Ccl, and many others, that stated they were bored and ffxi was too easy. They obviously aren't going to be pleased, or if they are they will not care to post about it, only when it bothers them. Also, yes I have done Coil, have you done high ilevel Incursion? That game is ***to me, boring and I can't stand it. Doesn't mean I go to their forums and *** 24/7 because I don't care for it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 16:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not arguing that they won't add content, I'm arguing whether or not they'll add fulfilling content. Do you honestly derive tons of enjoyment out of finishing a fight the day it comes out and capping drops on it days later?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-27 16:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Has any of you ever lifted?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 16:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not arguing that they won't add content, I'm arguing whether or not they'll add fulfilling content. Do you honestly derive tons of enjoyment out of finishing a fight the day it comes out and capping drops on it days later?

I don't "finish" stuff the day it comes out. I like 18 jobs or so and I keep them well geared so it keeps me busy. I still enjoy myself everyday I play this game and make the best of it. You finish all of Incursion the day it came out? That is pretty impressive. I do want new Delve similar to 1.0, I do want Legion and similar stuff. I know eventually they will add something like that, only a matter of time. If what is currently out doesn't satisfy you, then you can unsub and wait (which it seems you have.) My point is, there's no benefit to coming into EVERY update thread and expressing how much you hate this game and its direction. It's not healthy for you or the game or anyone. It seems all there is now though with these threads, if I'm the only voice of reason then so be it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 16:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A) I don't come in to every update thread with negativity, in fact I've been quite positive until this one and have even continued trying to help other people improve despite not playing the game myself.

B) I don't hate the game, why do you keep saying it? Hating the direction they're going with development (which isn't new, it's been this way for a year now) and hating the game are two different things. If you're the only one saying something, odds are it isn't because you're the "voice of reason". There's a reason people are discontent.

C) Finishing augments from Incursion is not relevant to this. Going in and clearing an easy event dozens of times for a perfect augment isn't the experience I'm looking for, in case you hadn't guessed. I want a hard to overcome battle that is as rewarding to defeat as it is to get the drops from. I'm just as entitled to that desire as anyone else is entitled to their desire for more menial tasks to do unto ad nauseum just to fill the gaps.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
because all of the events are easy to complete and they ***gear at astronomical rates

Who is capping on drops that fast besides the top 1% clearing VD?
people clearing stuff on VD is rare and tbh the drop rate is far to generous on that setting. Most people can't pull off VD wins so they do stuff on 'D' which has reasonable drops rates but you still get screwed by the random number generator plenty.

I did Ouryu II on 'D' 12 times before I got my chausible. I still have people in my ls that don't have one.

Avatar fights have been out how long now? Still plenty of people doesn't have the quickmagic ring from garuda (ive got only 4 member that have it), there's people that still want Nilas gloves from shiva, etc.

I still have 1 person in my LS that needs a Kyujutsugi because we only did DM twice per week, people still need Trux earring, the list goes on.
Plenty of people have more than enough relevant gear to still chase from the previous content releases, get some perspective.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 16:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

12 times? Let me tell you how many times I had to kill Byakko for my kitty pants. And that took more time to pop than going and getting a few merits.

The capacity to cap gear quickly is there, just because you can't do it doesn't remove that. Get some perspective?

I'd also like to point out the irony in saying that JP isn't a big deal to get and takes small efforts and then complaining about no one doing shadow lord because it took 20 merits.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-27 16:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Their biggest mistake, IMO, was using ilevel as a substitute for actual levels and level correction. It should simply denote that one item has a higher stat budget than another.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-27 16:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The vast majority of this thread is basically just one enormous logical fallacy, holy ***.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 16:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you could compare it to FFXI too, you get CP from all kinds of fights now. The main one is Incursion, who is to say the new skirmish won't have a similar CP gain?
I don't consider the ~5k CP I get in 20 mins of megaboss run efficient. I could say the same for Alluvion skirmish or old ones, or delve, or RoEs or WKRs.
There are a lot of sources of CPs, but aside from Incursion none is really efficient, it's just icing on the cake.

In FFXIV and WoW you can cap the "currency" you're farming with much less effort, doing a variety of stuff that's often very modern, fresh and fun.
Of course that's going to get old as well eventually, but trust me it will take me more.

In FFXI you do have a certain degree of variety, but realistically if you want to farm CP you have only one option: grinding kills of mobs.

Quote:
FFXI had a lot of different things to do too

[cut]
You're bringing this too far and misunderstanding me. I'm not doomsdaying FFXI (altough I reckon the situation isn't as bright as it were post SoA launch... I compare it to the pre-launch one)
I apologize if I haven't been too clear but I wasn't trying to criticize FFXI as a whole, I'm in love with this game.
I was talking exclusively about JPs and JP farming.
It's an excessive, unrewarding and anachronistic grind for a 2015 (soon!) game.

Some people expect things to be handled to them with zero grind, and that's wrong (altough I'm not sure how much we can blame them, when SE is at fault for having people grow these habits over the last years) but the current situation isn't right either.

As I've been saying countless times this shouldn't be a "current situation" vs "no grind at all" war. Those are the two extremes, the black and the white.
We should aim for one of the plethora of shades of gray in between.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 16:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'd also like to point out the irony in saying that JP isn't a big deal to get and takes small efforts and then complaining about no one doing shadow lord because it took 20 merits.
Because noone really wants the loot besides myself and 1 other person, and in the interest of doing BCs for more important things for other people we don't prioritize SL. Not everyone has the time to do merits as often as me even if I find them easy, not seein much irony here
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-27 16:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We should aim for one of the plethora of shades of gray in between
All 50 of them?
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-27 16:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We should aim for one of the plethora of shades of gray in between
All 50 of them?

Pls no.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 16:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Not everyone has the time to do merits as often as me even if I find them easy

Not everyone has the time to do merits as often as me

Not everyone has the time to do merits

Not everyone has the time

Well ***. It's almost like someone has been saying this the entire bloody time with people saying "but it only takes like an hour of your time, who cares!!"

Except in the case of 20 merits it's more like 10-15 minutes, but whatever

Decide on a standpoint before waffling from one side of the arena to the other, before both sides go after you for the prize money.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-27 16:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Having to grind CP on Rng sounds absolutely horrible, I don't mind doing it on certain jobs like Sam but forcing me to get 50 JPs on every job I play? *** that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18