First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-11-27 06:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
miss legion, later voidwatch, and original delve because it allowed an actual form of difficulty

Except even the hardcore players used to QQ about Legion and Voidwatch being too hard, thats why they nerfed Legion HP heavily and created Minimus passes. They nerfed Odin v2's HP like twice and pretty sure they nerfed ADL HP at least once. People always say they want hard content then hard content comes out and prople cry that its too hard and SE sucks. People even complained voidwatch was too hard so they added White procs, and reduced AoE damage and added voidclusters. People complain when content is hard and it gets heavily nerfed every time.

P.S wasnt it shown that Maximus Legion passes had better drop rates to accommodate the 36 player paradigm with the only difference being max HP? If that's so, wouldnt it be better to do Mul with a Maximus pass given that extra HP wouldnt be an issue with ilvl gear?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-27 06:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
COR has shitty New Job Enhancements: Gifts, wtf SE, wtf.

COR
Magic Attack Bonus Increases magic attack by 2.

NIN
Magic Attack Bonus Increases magic attack by 4.

BLU
Magic Attack Bonus Increases magic attack by 5.

COR
Physical Attack Bonus Increases physical and ranged attack by 5.

BLU and NIN
Physical Attack Bonus Increases physical and ranged attack by 10.

THF and RUN
Physical Attack Bonus Increases physical and ranged attack by 7.

I guess SE doesn't want COR to DD! :D
From what I've seen of how COR has developed, SE always seems to give it the shaft, no A+ skill in marksmanship, buffs that are just longer to apply compared to BRD and GEO as well as carrying a potential negative penalty. Only able to apply 2 buffs, brd can apply 3/4, geo can gain 3. Cannot applie debuffs to mobs via rolls, but can enhance debuffs with QD.

It's very lacking in DD compared to other jobs and lags behind GEO and BRD in terms of support.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-27 06:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Quote:
miss legion, later voidwatch, and original delve because it allowed an actual form of difficulty

Except even the hardcore players used to QQ about Legion and Voidwatch being too hard, thats why they nerfed Legion HP heavily and created Minimus passes. They nerfed Odin v2's HP like twice and pretty sure they nerfed ADL HP at least once. People always say they want hard content then hard content comes out and prople cry that its too hard and SE sucks. People even complained voidwatch was too hard so they added White procs, and reduced AoE damage and added voidclusters. People complain when content is hard and it gets heavily nerfed every time.

P.S wasnt it shown that Maximus Legion passes had better drop rates to accommodate the 36 player paradigm with the only difference being max HP? If that's so, wouldnt it be better to do Mul with a Maximus pass given that extra HP wouldnt be an issue with ilvl gear?

Any proof to substantiate your claim?

Because I played heavily during the prime of Legion, and me and my LS relished the difficulty of it. I don't remember any hardcore players crying for a nerf.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-27 06:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
To be optimal in a job point party you need appropriate support, appropriate healing, appropriate DDs, am I really getting invited into a JP party on my PLD or THF? My main 2 played jobs atm? I don't think so.

PLD and THF are fine as long as you do like PLD/DNC or something and use 2 swords and full DD. Same with THF. This whole mentality that "If you aren't SAM MNK you aren't getting into a CP party" needs to stop. Again, Woh Gates on rabbits/worms, 2 DDs, maybe 3 depending on your set up, with a healer and 2 trust BRDs you can make 4-5 JP an hour without the double campaign. Stuff in there melts with a skillchain, so utilize it. For example, Fudo to CDC=Light, monster is usually dead or close to it. No excuses, just go and play the jobs you want and don't think you can't.
Did I say MNK and SAM? I'm sure when someone is making a JP party they will hold out for a MNK, SAM, WAR, DRK, DRG, BLU, RNG and NIN before they'd take a THF or PLD as DD.

I missed this post, but to reply, how often do you even see a JP party shout? On Quetz it's extremely rare, and only pops up during the double campaign. Also, who said you're limited to shouts? Make your own party; get some friends and use Trusts, go get some JP. Don't limit yourself. If some idiot shouting refuses a decently geared THF or a PLD who knows how to gear for damage, let alone how powerful CDC is, then you're better off not going with said group.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-27 07:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I never understood why they nerfed Odin, it wasn't necessary. Also they've never nerfed ADL and actually have refused to do so when asked.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 07:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

COR

NIN

BLU

COR

BLU and NIN

THF and RUN

From what I've seen of how COR has developed, SE always seems to give it the shaft, no A+ skill in marksmanship, buffs that are just longer to apply compared to BRD and GEO as well as carrying a potential negative penalty. Only able to apply 2 buffs, brd can apply 3/4, geo can gain 3. Cannot applie debuffs to mobs via rolls, but can enhance debuffs with QD.

It's very lacking in DD compared to other jobs and lags behind GEO and BRD in terms of support.

For cor the other gifts of 5macc,5racc,5acc,5atk,5ratk
for a job that shines with melee tp phase and 2 really good magic ws's at its disposal, they are all useful.

All existing battle content has beaten without JP buffs.
With people pushing 1200+atk, people are sure getting bent out of shape over a jobpoint grind buff that gives a meager 5atk.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 07:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I never understood why they nerfed Odin, it wasn't necessary. Also they've never nerfed ADL and actually have refused to do so when asked.

yeah the odin thing was perplexing. it didn't even make the fight all that easier unless your DPS was horrifically bad, you'd never come close to timing out before the nerf.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-27 07:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be something to do with the 50point Superior Item category actually.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 07:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be something to do with the 50point Superior Item category actually.

this^

how is this hard to understand? I don't want to be forced to grind just so I can equip the gear I already grinded to get. I understand, some people like that ***. Just don't make it mandatory to the point where I can't equip a damn pair of shoes because I didn't go kill rabbits for 10 hours
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 07:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To be optimal in a job point party you need appropriate support, appropriate healing, appropriate DDs, am I really getting invited into a JP party on my PLD or THF? My main 2 played jobs atm? I don't think so.

PLD and THF are fine as long as you do like PLD/DNC or something and use 2 swords and full DD. Same with THF. This whole mentality that "If you aren't SAM MNK you aren't getting into a CP party" needs to stop. Again, Woh Gates on rabbits/worms, 2 DDs, maybe 3 depending on your set up, with a healer and 2 trust BRDs you can make 4-5 JP an hour without the double campaign. Stuff in there melts with a skillchain, so utilize it. For example, Fudo to CDC=Light, monster is usually dead or close to it. No excuses, just go and play the jobs you want and don't think you can't.
Did I say MNK and SAM? I'm sure when someone is making a JP party they will hold out for a MNK, SAM, WAR, DRK, DRG, BLU, RNG and NIN before they'd take a THF or PLD as DD.

I missed this post, but to reply, how often do you even see a JP party shout? On Quetz it's extremely rare, and only pops up during the double campaign. Also, who said you're limited to shouts? Make your own party; get some friends and use Trusts, go get some JP. Don't limit yourself. If some idiot shouting refuses a decently geared THF or a PLD who knows how to gear for damage, let alone how powerful CDC is, then you're better off not going with said group.

To add to this, Job Points are way more casual than merit points ever were back in the ToAU day. Depending on how deveoped your character is, you can go out with trusts and solo anything from EP all the way to some VT's. Or you can grab a friend or two and add some trusts and get even more/hour.

It's really not hard. In order to max out all the new bonuses you only need to have 2 categories 10/10 and 1 into a third. Sicne I reactivated I've maybe done like 2 random CP parties during campaigns on THF, a lot of merit farming for High Tier mission fights, and a few points gotten while doing Incursion runs, and I'm
already sitting at like 151 Job Points farmed, 42 of which are unspent just because I just have no decision as of yet to which category I'd like to spend them on.

Job Points really aren't THAT BAD.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 07:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

And so the threshold to make JPs finally mandatory has been finally officially passed.

As I've had the chance to say elsewhere, the concept of SU1 Gear is cool. It's like they're trying to implement the concept of levelling up without allowing the level to go beyond level 99.
You didn't have this with the ilevel system because you had nothing to do to gain the new boons, just equip the new items.
I think this could be cool.

What makes it utter, unbelievable, preposterous ***is the fact that atm JPs are a *** mess from every possible point of view.
I apologize to the people who think the current rates are even and balanced.
The system has way too many limits and unefficient things, it has steep requirements and it's overall very user unfriendly.
Last but not least, the current amount of effort/reward ratio is completely off, given the amount of time/effort required on a single job.

If they will be finally willing to REHAUL the system completely (instead of the small, insignificant tweaks we've gotten so far, like Mecistophinis Mantle or CP chains) then I think this could be quite a good thing for the game.
Otherwise it will be a disaster, imho.
[+]
By anarkus 2014-11-27 07:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Few year before, Player praise the god developper for easy xp abyssea.

Today : same people praise developper for come back at a valkurm dunes xp pt.

I dont understand ...
2010 : ppl dont like xp, and now they do?
They prefer make hour for xp than doing event for gear?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 07:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

let me put it to you this way, if you want to make us essentially buy licenses to wear gear with JPs, fine. put it all at the beginning. all of it. then the people who enjoy grinding mobs that take 2 weaponskills to kill and never endanger your life unless you fall asleep facing a wall with aggro can go continue grinding more points for +10 attack and stuff. everybody wins.

what (almost) everyone seems to be missing is this is just the beginning. sure, 50 isnt a lot. what about next time? there will be an SU2, maybe a 3. a 4. a 5. those wont cost 50. they'll cost over 100 based on what we have already. is that still not a lot of time invested?

"oh but you can do it between now and then stop whining!"

ok. let me go do that for every job I want to play just so I can progress gearwise with them and feel like im not wasting my time being subbed to the game that I barely play anyway. let me just take what little free time I possess, throw it at killing rabbits, and then finally wear that body armor I spent my time getting. that'll sure show those casuals.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-27 07:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is some bs, you need jp to equip certain gear? Man..
[+]
By Wordspoken 2014-11-27 07:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would comment something, but all of the major points have been covered already.

Part of me wants to straight up quit because of this, part of me wants to keep subbing to support the game.

I've always considered that they should raise capacity points by 2-3-fold, maybe I should *** about it in OF? Idk... I understand that dev team needs to implement stuff, but that doesn't automatically validate it as good.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 07:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not even talk about how they already said that this system is going to be used for job traits and spells too
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 07:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
let me put it to you this way, if you want to make us essentially buy licenses to wear gear with JPs, fine. put it all at the beginning. all of it. then the people who enjoy grinding mobs that take 2 weaponskills to kill and never endanger your life unless you fall asleep facing a wall with aggro can go continue grinding more points for +10 attack and stuff. everybody wins.

what (almost) everyone seems to be missing is this is just the beginning. sure, 50 isnt a lot. what about next time? there will be an SU2, maybe a 3. a 4. a 5. those wont cost 50. they'll cost over 100 based on what we have already. is that still not a lot of time invested?

ok. let me go do that for every job I want to play just so I can progress gearwise with them and feel like im not wasting my time being subbed to the game that I barely play anyway. let me just take what little free time I possess, throw it at killing rabbits, and then finally wear that body armor I spent my time getting. that'll sure show those casuals.

Casual has nothing to do with it, most days I don't play more than 4-5 hours, tops. Do I CP every single day? Not hardly. I did have a bit of a binge last week, if you want to call it that, while the campaign was active, soling bats on most of the time I had in game, but most days if I went out killing ***it wasn't for more than an hour. Sometimes I wouldn't go out meriting/CP'ing for over a week. The 151 Job Points I have on THF was accumulated at a very casual pace, over the course of about 4-5 months.

If they add more on top of that, who cares? It's good to have diversity among players, you really want every single player to be carbon copies of each other? Find a job you like and build on that. You don't have to max out everything as soon as it comes out.

If you feel like you MUST have every job 100% maxed out in order to be proficient, maybe it might be time to step away for a bit.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 07:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
I've always considered that they should raise capacity points by 2-3-fold,
Upping the CP/hr rates would be good but not enough. I mean it would be very welcome of course, but imho not enough.
Personally I judge the effort/reward ratio to be off even during the 2x CP gain campaigns.

The system needs something better, more entertaining.
Everything about CP feels "punishing".

It requires hundreds of hours if you solo (and free camps. It's good enough when nobody bothers for CPs but what's gonna happen once a lot of people start farming solo?)
It requires specific setups and top-knotch gear if you want to party (and a free camp!).
It punishes you for bringing more than one people inside the party.
It punishes you because you can only get CPs from a reduced set of specific events.
Last but not least it trolls you with the 100CP rewards from RoEs and with community reps posts "but you can get CPs from RoEs!" on the OFs.

So seriously, I'm all right if this is the way they want to steer the game towards, but they need to do something big about the whole system. Just upping CP/hr wouldn't be enough, imho.
Sure it would be faster, but it wouldn't stop feeling frustrating, boring, unnecessarily grindy, user unfriendly, unacessible and punishing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-27 07:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

COR

NIN

BLU

COR

BLU and NIN

THF and RUN

For cor the other gifts of 5macc,5racc,5acc,5atk,5ratk
for a job that shines with melee tp phase and 2 really good magic ws's at its disposal, they are all useful.

All existing battle content has beaten without JP buffs.
With people pushing 1200+atk, people are sure getting bent out of shape over a jobpoint grind buff that gives a meager 5atk.

They'er all useful, just less potent than other jobs. I wasn't even comparing it to real DD, just THF NIN BLU, those jobs are kinda utility DDs.

Sure you can argue that 5 attk doesn't make a difference, 16 skills doesn't make a difference and the list goes on.

When they all add up together, the gap gets bigger and bigger.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-27 07:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It would make more sense to me if it wasn't a superior gear license, but some sort of a sidegrade gear license. It would be similar to jse weapons. But in that case, they would also need to lower the requirement to unlock drastically.

You can't get a 119 weapon from end game for whatever reason? Here, you can make your own 119 weapon.

You can't get a 119 gear from end game for whatever reason or can't throw expensive stones at augmented gear? Here, you can buy a license with your JPs and make and wear your own 119 gear, just like how you did for your weapon a few months back.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 07:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Wordspoken said: »
I've always considered that they should raise capacity points by 2-3-fold,
Upping the CP/hr rates would be good but not enough. I mean it would be very welcome of course, but imho not enough.
Personally I judge the effort/reward ratio to be off even during the 2x CP gain campaigns.

The system needs something better, more entertaining.
Everything about CP feels "punishing".

It requires hundreds of hours if you solo (and free camps. It's good enough when nobody bothers for CPs but what's gonna happen once a lot of people start farming solo?)
It requires specific setups and top-knotch gear if you want to party (and a free camp!).
It punishes you for bringing more than one people inside the party.
It punishes you because you can only get CPs from a reduced set of specific events.
Last but not least it trolls you with the 100CP rewards from RoEs and with community reps posts "but you can get CPs from RoEs!" on the OFs.

So seriously, I'm all right if this is the way they want to steer the game towards, but they need to do something big about the whole system. Just upping CP/hr wouldn't be enough, imho.
Sure it would be faster, but it wouldn't stop feeling frustrating, boring, unnecessarily grindy, user unfriendly, unacessible and punishing.

I guess what you need are for Capacity Points to be on scale with Merit points, eh? 2-3k/kill. 5k during campaign?

Oh wait, but the CP/point is 3x what a Merit Point costs, so you probably need more like 9-10k/kill, right?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 07:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Casual has nothing to do with it, most days I don't play more than 4-5 hours, tops. Do I CP every single day? Not hardly. I did have a bit of a binge last week, if you want to call it that, while the campaign was active, soling bats on most of the time I had in game, but most days if I went out killing ***it wasn't for more than an hour. Sometimes I wouldn't go out meriting/CP'ing for over a week. The 151 Job Points I have on THF was accumulated at a very casual pace.

If they add more on top of that, who cares? It's good to have diversity among players, you really want every single player to be carbon copies of each other? Find a job you like and build on that. You don't have to max out everything as soon as it comes out.

If you feel like you MUST have every job 100% maxed out in order to be proficient, maybe it might be time to step away for a bit.

It isnt about 100% max proficiency, it's about being able to equip gear that I'm going to be getting in the game.

Minor nitpick also, 4-5 hours a day is not casual. At all. 4-5 hours every 3 to 4 days.. Yeah. That's casual.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 07:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess what you need are for Capacity Points to be on scale with Merit points, eh?
Wrong guess, I've said multiple times that the XP/MP rates post abyssea are completely off and too generous. That's an excess in the opposite direction, but at least it doesn't feel "punishing" or frustrating because you can get XP from a *** of different content and it doesn't have steep requirements, like the WoH/DoH gates pt setups have.
Similarly, it doesn't make certain jobs (at least a BRD or a GEO in pt etc, for instance) mandatory to have a decent party.
You can XP with virtually every job in a wide range of situations with a really wide range of possible setups.

This is exactely what I meant when I said that it's not only a matter of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE effort/reward ratio.
Sure, double CP would make the situation better than it is now, but it wouldn't *solve* the problem and the way how the whole CP system "feels".
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 07:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Casual has nothing to do with it, most days I don't play more than 4-5 hours, tops. Do I CP every single day? Not hardly. I did have a bit of a binge last week, if you want to call it that, while the campaign was active, soling bats on most of the time I had in game, but most days if I went out killing ***it wasn't for more than an hour. Sometimes I wouldn't go out meriting/CP'ing for over a week. The 151 Job Points I have on THF was accumulated at a very casual pace.

It isnt about 100% max proficiency, it's about being able to equip gear that I'm going to be getting in the game.

Minor nitpick also, 4-5 hours a day is not casual. At all. 4-5 hours every 3 to 4 days.. Yeah. That's casual.

Well, 4-5 hours is more of an average I think, over time. Some nights I'm not on for more than an hour or so. But, not really here to nitpick. I haven't really logged in at all the last 2-3 days.

Just saying, You can easily acquire the 50 job Points for SU1 with a casual playtime. 47 Job Points = 1 Category 10/10. You can do 3 Job Points in 1 hour solo with trusts on most jobs pretty proficiently on VT's. And for the jobs that can't, just get a duo buddy with trusts, problem solved.

You don't need to get all 50 in one day. Spread it out. Enjoy the content. Go do it as the motivation comes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 07:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Like i said though... 50 isn't where this is going to end. Is farming 100+ jp for every one of my jobs just to equip gear (and whatever other minor bonuses) really reasonable?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 07:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I guess what you need are for Capacity Points to be on scale with Merit points, eh?
Wrong guess, I've said multiple times that the XP/MP rates post abyssea are completely off and too generous. That's an excess in the opposite direction, but at least it doesn't feel "punishing" or frustrating because you can get XP from a *** of different content and it doesn't have steep requirements, like the WoH/DoH gates pt setups have.
Similarly, it doesn't make certain jobs (at least a BRD or a GEO in pt etc, for instance) mandatory to have a decent party.
You can XP with virtually every job in a wide range of situations with a really wide range of possible setups.

This is exactely what I meant when I said that it's not only a matter of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE effort/reward ratio.
Sure, double CP would make the situation better than it is now, but it wouldn't *solve* the problem and the way how the whole CP system "feels".

BRD/GEO are no where near required for decent CP gains. You can solo reliable gains easily enough on most jobs, as I just posted above, and for the few jobs that can't, a second member + trusts will make that up pretty quick.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 07:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

47 Job Points = 1 Category 10/10
You meant 55? Or did I miss something?.

Quote:
You can do 3 Job Points in 1 hour solo with trusts on most some jobs pretty proficiently on VT's
Fixed that for you. You're talking about 90k CP/hr.
Bit less if you take into account one Charge of Capacity Ring.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-27 07:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Like i said though... 50 isn't where this is going to end. Is farming 100+ jp for every one of my jobs just to equip gear (and whatever other minor bonuses) really reasonable?

Assuming it's cumulative, yeah, it should be fine. God forbid people have a "favorite" job.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 07:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD/GEO are no where near required for decent CP gains.
I was talking for an efficient Party setup in WoH gates or to a certain extent DoH gates. I wasn't talking about lowmen or solo.
You're going seriously gimp your pt's efficiency if you go there with a full party without either a GEO or a BRD. Even more if you don't even have a RDM for Haste2.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 07:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't about favorites. What if I want to play something else and can't equip up to date gear, cast a certain spell, etc because I didn't grind enough jps?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18