[dev1243] New Job Enhancements: Gifts
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 17:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Having to grind CP on Rng sounds absolutely horrible, I don't mind doing it on certain jobs like Sam but forcing me to get 50 JPs on every job I play? *** that.
Well if for whatever reason you do bring ranger to CP, just gear it like a melee cor for tp phase (vanir+atoyac) and just ranged ws as usual.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-27 17:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you can scavenge all the bullets you ws too. Cor is there for hours spending the savings of a lifetime.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 17:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

well for rangers trueflight and wildfire aren't too shabby and they ignore ammo quality so you could use garbage ammo just like you can for cor leaden.

If you last stand 1 stack of eminent bullets lasts you 1hr if you are only ws'ing and sparks are stupid easy to cap, noone really needs to spend gil on ammo for CP.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 17:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Having to grind CP on Rng sounds absolutely horrible, I don't mind doing it on certain jobs like Sam but forcing me to get 50 JPs on every job I play? *** that.
Well if for whatever reason you do bring ranger to CP, just gear it like a melee cor for tp phase (vanir+atoyac) and just ranged ws as usual.

If you go to Woh, only difference is you'll need one prelude at the least.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-27 17:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

***I don't even own a 119 Knife for Rng, it's not something you really need outside CP grinding.
By Juggernautx 2014-11-27 17:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »
Carbuncle.Laili said: »
and for once i WAS thinking about coming back to FFXI but it seems like every day i fallow the updates they making it harder for people who do quit and come back and so on and so forth get over ran by people who make it harder for the veteran players who know the game TRY to do events cant get new gear

Party Leader: what's your iLevel gear at??

you: oh i have a few ilevel 117 and one ilevel 119 peace and i have a ilevel 117 weapon

Party Leader: oh you cant come your not ilevel 119 and you don't have no ilevel gear or good weapons.

you: really how am i suppose to get new gear if people like you don't let me join to try and GET new gear

Party Leader: well do you have a WHM or COR or BRD??

You: I have Bard

Party leader: Sweet you have you have empy harp or anything like that?

You: no why does it matter

Party Leader: sucks to be you now run along we have filled your spot with this shitty player who is ilevel 119 and has a empy harp and don't know how to play the job...goodbye

people like this is why i don't come back to the game such crap this game just needs to die and it is dieing slowlycause soon their will no people in the servers like when they did a merge

This is exactly what is wrong with alot of players. You dont want to spend one week making your character better. You dont want to yell for people. You dont want to try different things. Hell most of the crap you can do with 6 people now. This is the thinking that really has hurt this game.

You dont need gear as much as you need smarts. I have been healed and healed well in 117 gear in Woh Gates. I was impressed because its not only the gear but its also the player. Not to mention they went on put in some effort and fixed their job.

So what maybe you cant do X on Difficult do it on normal. Or here is a crazy idea do it on Easy till you understand what you need to do to beat it then do it on Normal. Even crazier... UPGRADE YOUR DAMN RELIC AND ARTIFACT. Enhance it with pieces from Adoulin that you can buy with sparks.

Basically don't be a lazy *** ***player. FFXI is already super easy and posts and threads like these serve to only make it worse and worse. Spend some time on your character and advance it. Or go play a different game really. It is not hard. It is time consuming. Have an hour a day? Take a week farm Salvage with the 117 gear make about 8m gil Use that gil to upgrade artifact and relic.

^This 100%. Personally I'm looking forward to the gifts addition. It adds reward to those that are investing extra time into their jobs. If you don't like it, don't bother with capacity points? Time to spend this Thanksgiving watching "Pollyanna" and playing the Glad Game k.

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Those, to me, are accomplishments. Not mindless grinding to get small benefits. Probably the same reason I never finished any mythics, I can't bring myself to complete menial tasks over and over and over just to try to fool myself into believing I accomplished anything other than convincing myself to soldier on through the boredom of my 200th salvage/dynamis run and instead went to go kill nael deus darnus or something. I felt a lot more accomplished downing that (sorry, i need something to draw comparison with, XIV just happens to be easiest) because it took me and my group a lot of time coordinating and learning as a group how to deal with the fight. It's the same feeling I got when my LS first beat Tojil, the first NA shell on the server to do so. It isn't a feeling that can be replicated by getting a Job Point Earned message. It isn't something I ever expect XI to give me again. It disappoints me, and seeing the JP system continue to elongate the issue annoys me.

Yet you grind in FFXIV the same dungeons over and over to cap each week to buy gear. That is different in some way? You people are all whiny *** I swear, you have no idea what you want.

Agreed. It's the nature of the game. It shouldn't be of any surprise with as long as FFXI has been around, that the game is a "grind." Either you enjoy it or you don't. I do & I look forward to the future of the game.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-27 18:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Summary of why I don't like this update per-say ~

• Capping Job Points is painfully boring and as we are moving to a more casual game and play style with the updates and QoL updates, this seems counter intuitive as to why you would even consider this as reasonable, I suppose it's just nice for people who have the points, but it is hardly a goal for people to aspire to.

• We haven't had anything really challenging to kill for a long time, I personally loved how hit and miss Tojil was for Delve, I didn't Dislike the Ilvl update at first... but that was more due to my selfish desire to finish Delve, in retrospect I wish they had left that and + skill off gear but hey too late now...

• what would have appealed to me was a style of event where building a popset for say Delve required you kill all the outside NM's first of all and get drops, this would have Seriously kept the longevity of the event and made some relevance in fighting outside nm's even up to this point. The "Easement" would have been to add the Yggrette afterwards for instant pops rather than Stat Vomit and Ilvl skill to gear and people would have been happy... ish

I will be cancelling my sub I think for while after I finish my current project until I see some actual content as I've done what is considered "end game" now too much to need anything else from it.
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-27 18:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
So basically he's a princess telling us all to eat cake.

I'd like to think I'm the one telling all the cry babies to to wipe away their salty tears and man up. You guys act like this is some huge investment on your part. Even if you don't play with the top % of the player base it's not a huge time investment. 50 JP is not hard to get nor is it a lengthy process. I don't care what you try to claim. It's just not. The next step Su1 is called "Superior" as in you need to *** earn it. 117 Sparks party isn't quite ready for that yet. Do Delve, do Incursion, follow the equipment path and go *** exp.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2014-11-27 18:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So much whining in this thread. Get a grip and get over it.

With all the CP campaigns, Capacity and Vocation Rings, CP Mantles, and events that involve earning CP, you should have already earned all or at least most of the 50 JP needed to equip Superior 1 equipment for the jobs you care about.

Instead of throwing a hissy fit over not having already earned a measly 50 JP for the jobs you apparently care about, then maybe stop pouring over and posting on this thread and maybe go actually earn some of them?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 18:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

such shortsightedness is unbecoming. not going to repeat myself for a 16th time, you can go back and actually read the thread to find out why this is a bad decision on SE's part. you can keep whinging about whining all you want, it isn't going to make those of us who have contrary opinions to your personal idealistic views go away.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-11-27 18:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll say it once and only once.

If you insult other users, I'll remove you from this thread. I don't care what your reason is, insulting others is not welcome here.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 18:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

are you going to get rid of everyone who wants to label those with opinions contrary to theirs as "whiny ***" then?
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-27 18:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
how is this hard to understand? I don't want to be forced to grind just so I can equip the gear I already grinded to get. I understand, some people like that ***. Just don't make it mandatory to the point where I can't equip a damn pair of shoes because I didn't go kill rabbits for 10 hours

If you don't want to exp then don't. You're playing the wrong game. You've had to grind every single job you have every single time the lv cap got raised.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-11-27 18:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, 50+ JPs is totally equivalent to getting 5 levels in Abyssea.
 Sylph.Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-27 18:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly you didn't play the game before abyssea.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 18:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

this isn't a level cap raise, as much as people want to try to make it out to be to help them sleep at night or whatever it is you do. it's a senseless gear gate that has no place in this game. it has never existed before now, and it serves only to artificially inflate the lifespan of the filler, useless content (i.e., grinding in Woh/Doh for JPs) for "advancing your character and showing extreme commitment and good american values and winning" or whatever the nonsensical argument has been.

I don't care how many rabbits you've killed, quite frankly that tells me nothing about you as a player or your skill level, all it tells me is you had more time to sit and kill monsters that have no chance of killing you and sat points into something that do almost nothing for you and wouldn't even be considered if not for double CP events and this new gear gate.

Let's ignore that people willingly paid money to skip the leveling process (still do occasionally) in abyssea and zeruhn mines. oh, but the people hating to xp is a new thing I'm sure. Let's ignore that getting 50 (soon over 100) points to equip new gear isn't remotely comparable to leveling up conventionally. Let's ignore that being level 99 and having to unlock something to equip a level 99 piece of gear isn't the same as leveling a job from 1 to equip a piece of 99 gear that you got with another 99 job. Let's just ignore it all with logical fallacies.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-11-27 18:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malphius said: »

I've been playing since June 16th, 2004.

Exp grinding died because it needed to. Bringing it back now is pretty counterintuitive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-11-27 18:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This idea is absolute trash. I can't wait to have to solo grind out my jobs now because they aren't SAM/WHM/COR/BRD. And for those that may be saying this is still optional; there is literally a gear gate restriction and it's 99% likely that there will be, at the very least, one piece of this new Superior 1 equipment that will be good for every job.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 18:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

let's also ignore that the game has been steadily hemorrhaging subscribers over the last year and that those without the time to invest in this dumb gating *** probably won't bother sticking around anymore now, even if they had been before because they could log on, get a piece of gear, and feel like they accomplished something. now they log on, get a piece of gear, and can't equip it because they aren't licensed.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-27 18:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's best to keep in mind that SE does have plans to make CP/JP easier to get. Recall when this was introduced: no chains, no ring, no cape, like 200 a kill maybe, etc. People complained, wasn't worth it, what have you. Look at the gains and system now; it's not perfect, but it's better than what it was, just like everything they add at first.

Remember when RME finally got upgraded and the stupidity of needing 300 pluton etc and it only came from Delve? No one would have these, waste of time, good job SE, etc. Now every event drops them, stuff is 1,000 gil if you can move them.

All I'm saying is, as bad as everything seems to be, give it time and I'm sure down the road CP/JP will be a joke to obtain like everything else in this game at the moment.

SE has a habit of starting things off at nightmare level entry, then making them baby mode later on. Remember how impossible Delve was at the start? Now shout groups of 6 with reduced HP based on people is the norm. Just saying, this isn't the end of days Job Points seem to be.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 18:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not so sure if comparing RME upgrade to this is valid. I see your point but at the same time...

-They weren't impossible to get at the beginning, the people complaining probably weren't big into Delve at the time. RoE did make it easier to do because of boxes raining from the objectives, but it was completely reasonable to upgrade the weapons before that.

-SE hasn't really shown much initiative when it comes to improving the JP system. They've tacked on new things to it and have done tiny improvements (50% cape that you need to be lucky to get to begin with, 20% from this gift system that you need to farm JPs just to get anyway). Sorry but double CP events have no place in this argument. They're special events, not the norm. Constantly using them to back up claims isn't reasonable unless the "double CP event extraordinaire" becomes a 24/7 thing (which tbh wouldn't really fix much, but it'd make it easier for people to do for sure).
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-27 18:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
I think it's best to keep in mind that SE does have plans to make CP/JP easier to get. Recall when this was introduced: no chains, no ring, no cape, like 200 a kill maybe, etc. People complained, wasn't worth it, what have you. Look at the gains and system now; it's not perfect, but it's better than what it was, just like everything they add at first.

Remember when RME finally got upgraded and the stupidity of needing 300 pluton etc and it only came from Delve? No one would have these, waste of time, good job SE, etc. Now every event drops them, stuff is 1,000 gil if you can move them.

All I'm saying is, as bad as everything seems to be, give it time and I'm sure down the road CP/JP will be a joke to obtain like everything else in this game at the moment.

SE has a habit of starting things off at nightmare level entry, then making them baby mode later on. Remember how impossible Delve was at the start? Now shout groups of 6 with reduced HP based on people is the norm. Just saying, this isn't the end of days Job Points seem to be.

Kill tojil get 70k CP.

not gunna help much but its doable on about any job combination! (assuming stunner + healer and brd ...)
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-11-27 18:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Sylph.Malphius said: »

I've been playing since June 16th, 2004.

Exp grinding died because it needed to. Bringing it back now is pretty counterintuitive.

I have to agree. Not everyone haves endless amount of time to grind out CP just to be able to equip new gear (which you'll probably have to grind out as well). It does seem like a silly extra step which many will not enjoy or have the time to do.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-27 18:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
this isn't a level cap raise, as much as people want to try to make it out to be to help them sleep at night or whatever it is you do. it's a senseless gear gate that has no place in this game. it has never existed before now, and it serves only to artificially inflate the lifespan of the filler, useless content (i.e., grinding in Woh/Doh for JPs) for "advancing your character and showing extreme commitment and good american values and winning" or whatever the nonsensical argument has been.

I'm sure that the 4 or 5 members left on the development team would agree with you. Is ilv ideal? No. Is it the way they have chosen to take the game forward? Yes. I don't think I need to tell you how labor intensive balancing this game would be if the actual lv caps were increased. They didn't even want to raise the lv cap when it was 75 with a full development team. Again ilv isn't ideal but it's the way forward for now.

Quote:
"advancing your character and showing extreme commitment and good american values and winning"

This sounds cynical.

Quote:
I don't care how many rabbits you've killed, quite frankly that tells me nothing about you as a player or your skill level, all it tells me is you had more time to sit and kill monsters that have no chance of killing you and sat points into something that do almost nothing for you and wouldn't even be considered if not for double CP events and this new gear gate.

Never did but you did it plenty to get where you're at.

Quote:
Let's ignore that people willingly paid money to skip the leveling process (still do occasionally) in abyssea and zeruhn mines. oh, but the people hating to xp is a new thing I'm sure. Let's ignore that getting 50 (soon over 100) points to equip new gear isn't remotely comparable to leveling up conventionally. Let's just ignore it all with logical fallacies.

And nothing is stopping them from doing so here. I'm not sure why you're so hung up on the job points thing. It is exactly the same process to advance your character that has always been only implemented in a way that doesn't require rebalancing the entire game by raising the lv cap. The fallacy is yours friend because it's pretty much exactly the same thing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 18:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

the way to advance your character at level cap is to add new equipment that advances your character, not adding artificial limiters that require you to grind before you can grind without even giving you all the benefits of a level cap increase.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-27 18:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the RME/Delve thing was ridiculous, mainly because remember, you have people with somewhere between 1-5 relics let's say each, and doing 1-5+boss you might get 1-2 cases, if they're even plutons. Boxes weren't available yet and these were like what, 300k per? It was ridiculous, a grind and not worth it when things such as Oatixur and Tsurumaru topped relics. You had to make the relic to 75, do trials, get marrows, then get 300 plutons, where as do Delve maybe once and have something that destroys that. People complained, end of days etc.

As for the JP system in your argument, eh, again, give it time. They start things at stupid levels then make them into "why wasn't this done on day 1?" levels. It's just their marketing, as stupid as it is.

Also, 24/7 double campaign honestly would fix this problem by a great deal. With ring, 47% cape, COR roll I think in Woh Gates I was getting like 3200ish? or something insane a kill.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-27 18:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw it is not that many CP to cap anyways

just need 10/10 to get 55 CP applied on job

so having 10/10 x2 will cover ALL GIFTS

It can be done in 3 days or so with a good Steady Party :D

Talking about getting 10/10 in 3 days

so ya...... , sides everyone should know this by now:

Incursion , Skirmish , VT~IT+ gives amazing CP !!!!!!!! :D

So not hard at all to do job point, ***....... even if u go and SOLO EPP you get like 91~200 CP a kill........ just takes a while XD

but I known ppl that solo'd their JP 0/10 ~> 7/10 by doing EPP ><

(I call em crazy but ya........ not impossible guys)

Hope new update comes quickly :D

I am excited and Anxious to see how Gifts will help player as well as new Gifts coming out soon.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18