Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1243] New Job Enhancements: Gifts
[dev1243] New Job Enhancements: Gifts
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-01 11:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

melee for tp ranger is quite underrated, its quite effective.
The reality is most just bandwagon'd RNG enough to work out an x-hit/preshot/ws set , maybe built an annihilator and stopped there.
[+]
By Keido 2014-12-01 11:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know ... COR RNG melee just fine and I dont have an issue out parsing MNK and SAM at CP camps on COR. With Melee... Amazing..

Its not harder. Its not harder at all. Its just not how you want it to work. I am also capped out on CP and almost have 200 extra but to say its hard to do them is a fallacy that people believe for no reason. Invest some time hell if you are on Pheonix come with me bring you RNG NIN SMN RUN PLD ect ect ect and get 8 JP in an hour. Dont believe come find out. I have done it with all those jobs in Woh Gates. OMG here is the real kicker it can also be done without a BRD.

Obviously there are some caveats to it like you have to be properly geared willing to eat food however as a COR i can make up for quite a lot of that with 2 rolls Samurai and Hunters. The two key pieces you need for a good CP party is WHM or SCH healer mega buffer GEO/RDM/BRD and 4 DD or 3 dd and another support like COR SMN.
By Keido 2014-12-01 11:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
melee for tp ranger is quite underrated, its quite effective.
The reality is most just bandwagon'd RNG enough to work out an x-hit/preshot/ws set , maybe built an annihilator and stopped there.

BOOM!!!!!!!! best response ever.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-01 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's obvious, but you use RNG's when you don't want DD's in range of nasty TP moves or spells. If you care about the job, of course you should maximize it as much as possible and there's no excuse for half-assing it, but I'd think twice about inviting a RNG that runs up to a mob and starts meleeing.
[+]
By Keido 2014-12-01 11:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I know it's obvious, but you use RNG's when you don't want DD's in range of nasty TP moves or spells. If you care about the job, of course you should maximize it as much as possible and there's no excuse for half-assing it, but I'd think twice about inviting a RNG that runs up to a mob and starts meleeing.

So you think COR should be played the same way then? LOLZ I melee everything and my armor is no better or worse than a RNG. There are more ways to play a job than the bandwagon I do X duh.... that's it. Cmon man be inventive. Again its not hard to do its just that people come on this forum *** moan complain about how sorry the game is because they listen to people who either do the same bitching moaning and complaining they do to validate their feelers or they read from people that do not even play the damn game. Melee RNG played by a player that truly loves the job can easily stay on top in damage and get this its crazy I know but while meleeing one mob can shoot the next one. They do quite well if the player is willing put on the big boy pants and get in there. RNG/DNC can handle the load with no problems.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-01 11:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
GUYS! I organize a capacity point party last night. 2 blue 2 sam white mage red mage and it was fun. we went to doh gate basement. got like 7 job points in 1.5 hours.

I mean it was FUN. i'm not kidding. we don't make gil but we make progression on our characters. Solo is of coz boring. and u can bring anyone. summoner beastmaster warrior dark. if u have 1 sam it can carry the whole team to quick cap points.

guys try it before u complain. with that said. I hope the superior armors are nice. because I don't mind spending a week getting that 50 jps for those superior armors

As if we aren't already sick of the SAM bandwagon, are you seriously telling people to bring a SAM if they want to burn through xp mobs?... Really?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-01 11:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I go COR/DNC and melee, you better bet, whenever we use a melee strat on anything. However, at a certain point, you're just an MP sponge or dead, and neither of those contribute to the party. I play with some very good RNG's and they melee on occasion, but just about anytime melee RNG is useful, you're better off bringing a SAM instead.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-01 11:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
GUYS! I organize a capacity point party last night. 2 blue 2 sam white mage red mage and it was fun. we went to doh gate basement. got like 7 job points in 1.5 hours.

I mean it was FUN. i'm not kidding. we don't make gil but we make progression on our characters. Solo is of coz boring. and u can bring anyone. summoner beastmaster warrior dark. if u have 1 sam it can carry the whole team to quick cap points.

guys try it before u complain. with that said. I hope the superior armors are nice. because I don't mind spending a week getting that 50 jps for those superior armors

As if we aren't already sick of the SAM bandwagon, are you seriously telling people to bring a SAM if they want to burn through xp mobs?... Really?

Provided one wants JP on SAM, and really, why wouldn't one?
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-01 11:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah basically anywhere you'd use Rng you specifically want to avoid meleeing so it isn't really like Cor which you bring to every event and in most events you want to melee.

I'm trying to get CP on Rng via meleeing but my god it's hard, Trust NPCs are basically worthless as they give you prelude and flurry and gear options are extremely limited. I never thought I'd be dropping money on melee Rng gear...
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-01 12:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No jobs should have trouble getting job points in a party setting, just make the party yourself and have at least 1 DD that doesn't suck, and a bunch of support. I've solo DD'd on DRG in woh and gotten capacity chain 123 with DRG SAM(afk entire time) WHM BRD(COR sub) GEO BLM(pulling). Swap out the puller or the leech for any job and you still only need one good DD that can skillchain with itself. This party was 270k/hr during a double campaign without rings and before capes existed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-01 12:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
No camp can support 2 parties. Unless you're terrible players, then the whole argument is irrelevant.

The entire zone might support 3-4 parties. Depending on terrible mob placement etc.

Come on guys. That's what I meant. The basement zone can support 2 parties.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-01 12:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No jobs should have trouble getting job points in a party setting, just make the party yourself and have at least 1 DD that doesn't suck, and a bunch of support. I've solo DD'd on DRG in woh and gotten capacity chain 123 with DRG SAM(afk entire time) WHM BRD(COR sub) GEO BLM(pulling). Swap out the puller or the leech for any job and you still only need one good DD that can skillchain with itself. This party was 270k/hr during a double campaign without rings and before capes existed.
I'm talking about solo entirely at the moment, rather do stuff on my own time than shout for a group.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-12-01 12:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah dho camp crab+pugil barely sustains 1 party with 2 dds in it, if pugil+crab aren't enough, add the 2 worms into the rotation so the cp chain doesnt break, so you go worms->crabs->pugils ->back to worms.

You could also pull the bats and efts on either side if your running out of mobs, that's what we do. Otherwise there aren't any more "good" camps, everyone else has too few mobs or they are Velk and horrible.

Maybe Amy was talking about "camps" being 5~8 mobs in a corner somewhere... the ones solo folks use.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-01 12:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

KC sam/rng can gear enough acc to spam wildfire/trueflight on cirdas umbrils/acuex near the skirmish portal, you can kill them before they do 1 tp move.
Marjami biv2 also works.
Barring special KClub friends spots, OaT atoyac and a dagger like levante dagger from garuda is good for harder stuff for rangers.

There really isnt much to hunt down if you've done any decent amount of delve/incursion or play another light armor job to melee for tp.
This one works fine for Dho/Woh w/sushi and isnt too far off from what a cor would use (olseni belt for waist instead).
ItemSet 331194

edit: Kuyin Hathdenna for +25 acc is really good trust to use if you roll with a mixed party and find bard trust arent ideal for your setup.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-01 12:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

Can u not read? Yes bring a Sam if u want FAST cap points. Most VT mobs die to double fudo light. Without that maybe 3-4 weaponskills?
U can create whatever kind of cap point party u want. Im just recommending. Is that wrong?

Yes really!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-01 12:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Yeah dho camp crab+pugil barely sustains 1 party with 2 dds in it, if pugil+crab aren't enough, add the 2 worms into the rotation so the cp chain doesnt break, so you go worms->crabs->pugils ->back to worms.

You could also pull the bats and efts on either side if your running out of mobs, that's what we do. Otherwise there aren't any more "good" camps, everyone else has too few mobs or they are Velk and horrible.

Maybe Amy was talking about "camps" being 5~8 mobs in a corner somewhere... the ones solo folks use.

Saeval u prob not familiar with the new basement camps just added. Example: morimar biv 5 there's the thing that beams u to basement of doh gates. U need a specific wildskeer we ki to use that portal. Lotta mobs. Leeches raptors grasshoppers. Etc. there's cirdas basement there's woh gate basement.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-01 12:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Saeval u prob not familiar with the new basement camps just added. Example: morimar biv 5 there's the thing that beams u to basement of doh gates. U need a specific wildskeer we ki to use that portal. Lotta mobs. Leeches raptors grasshoppers. Etc. there's cirdas basement there's woh gate basement.

The zones where the new gates NM's are found, for clarification, and they are pretty solid for CP farming with a small group. If you do a roaming loop with 2-3 DD and 2-3 support, it's pretty awesome. I've run down there in between merit BC's to recap merits very quickly. With EXP items and a good chain, you can get 3K+ per kill pretty easily.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-01 12:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The zones where the new gates NM's are found, for clarification, and they are pretty solid for CP farming with a small group. If you do a roaming loop with 2-3 DD and 2-3 support, it's pretty awesome. I've run down there in between merit BC's to recap merits very quickly. With EXP items and a good chain, you can get 3K+ per kill pretty easily.

I do wanted to ask where these locations are at? The amount I'm getting is like barely 1000 plus cor roll mantle and cap ring.
3000 cap points per kill? Can it be done without support ? Because I can't get 6 much less support. My trusts are the healers.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-01 12:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsair's roll doesn't affect accolades, but I haven't used it for farming CP, so I can't say. I saw those numbers last week, I totally forgot about the campaign, but I wasn't there long enough to get a triple digit chain, so I'd imagine it's still within reason with a solid group.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-01 12:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if 3000+ is possible without a campaign. Even with Vocation/50%+ cape/Corsair's roll. Campaign is what pushed those numbers.
By Keido 2014-12-01 13:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I go COR/DNC and melee, you better bet, whenever we use a melee strat on anything. However, at a certain point, you're just an MP sponge or dead, and neither of those contribute to the party. I play with some very good RNG's and they melee on occasion, but just about anytime melee RNG is useful, you're better off bringing a SAM instead.

Your getting off track if we are talking about CP only (and I thought we were) then melee RNG is just fine and really doesn't have a down side other than 80% of the RNG out there suck at it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-01 13:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

Your getting off track if we are talking about CP only (and I thought we were) then melee RNG is just fine and really doesn't have a down side other than 80% of the RNG out there suck at it.

No, I was just commenting on the criticism of RNG's who don't bother to have melee setups. Aside from farming CP, actually playing the job will rarely offer opportunities to melee. You wouldn't fault a WHM for not having a full melee setup, would you? Even though in a lot of instances it makes perfect sense for a WHM to melee and abuse Misery Cura's.
[+]
By Keido 2014-12-01 13:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I do wanted to ask where these locations are at? The amount I'm getting is like barely 1000 plus cor roll mantle and cap ring.
3000 cap points per kill? Can it be done without support ? Because I can't get 6 much less support. My trusts are the healers.

With Double Cap Points and chain over 100 its like 2750 a kill in Woh. Without the campaign and cor roll its about 896 can push it to over 1k with Cor roll. However I prefer higher chains so do not use Cor Roll I usually use SAM and if thf Rouge if drk Chaos if War Fighters. If none of those are in the party I use Tacts and Sams it gets nuts when you also stack that with SCH regain :)

So what I have found is when no Double CP campaign I go for as fast as possible IE two Cor damage rolls when its double CP I go 1 damage roll and 1 Cor roll. Just my preference. You can also and I have done the Woh party with 4 people and its just fine the whole key is Skillchains.
By Keido 2014-12-01 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I was just commenting on the criticism of RNG's who don't bother to have melee setups. Aside from farming CP, actually playing the job will rarely offer opportunities to melee. You wouldn't fault a WHM for not having a full melee setup, would you? Even though in a lot of instances it makes perfect sense for a WHM to melee and abuse Misery Cura's.

I indeed would if they wanted to go CP in Raz. You can do a MNK+ WHM party there and get quick CP also no one goes there.

Essentially we are really saying the same things here CP isn't at all that hard to get for any job provided you can think outside the you have to play it this way mentality.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-01 14:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: discussion of optimal job setups in an "event" for which jobs cannot be optimized
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-12-01 16:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk if 3000+ is possible without a campaign. Even with Vocation/50%+ cape/Corsair's roll. Campaign is what pushed those numbers.

Don't believe it's possible. Fairly easy to infinite chain in those basement areas though in the right camp. Campaign, 50% cape, Corsair's Roll was giving 1900ish chains, so 950ish without the campaign. Vocation doubled the campaign CP as expected, but it lasted all of a few kills. :(

Can't stress enough that camps aren't the issue for all these people carrying on about Dho and Woh having 1ish~ camps each. Basements have been out for nearly a month and people still acting like they don't exist. Guess it's just more proof of the lolJP crowd spouting off without knowing a damn thing about how to efficiently earn CPs.
[+]
By mortontony1 2014-12-01 16:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Basements have been out for nearly a month and people still acting like they don't exist.

Discovered the basement areas about 2 weeks ago and they totally blew my mind. In addition to more job points than I ever imagined, lolparrying is almost capped, and I never again have to worry about having seals/crests for bcnms or KIs for hard mode bcnms. They're absolutely fantastic.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-12-01 17:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[Note: none of the following is an endorsement of the CP/JP system, which I personally detest. But some complaints are more legitimate than others...]

1) Ranger stuff...
RNG not having melee gear is a pretty weak complaint. If you have any other light DD job, you're probably in good shape on ilevel melee gear from all the shared sets of Delve/WKR/Skirmish/battlefield gear. Maybe you'd need a couple items if you don't focus on other light DD melees, hardly a massive expectation though. Even if you play zero jobs with overlap to give your RNG some stuff, you've probably got SOME drops or plasm to buy a couple pieces, or just do sparks gear and do your best for the grind.

Yeah, you have to play the job a little differently if you're just in a farming party and doing melee+WS. But you can do damage just fine even meleeing with dagger, popping off ranged WS, and even weakening enemies for everyone with Xbow and gashing bolts.

Plus, RNG is actually a useful job in CP-generating EVENTS. Incursion it's viable (I understand commonly used in Japanese parties, even if not as standard in the SAM-onry setups), and RNG is a key job in several Delve zones.

2) Optimizing JP parties
The whole idea of creating an "optimal" JP party is pretty odd, and ultimately hurts everyone (outside of maybe the person who plays COR SAM WHM only). Filling essential roles (healing/support/DD) is needed, beyond that it's in everyone's best interest to be a little flexible and allow others to come jobs that might not be SAM SAM SAM. Because when it comes time that you want to get exp on YOUR BLM RNG PUP PLD RUN whatever, you're gonna want parties to let you in too (different from 75 meripo where you could just get all the merits you want on your BRD RDM whatever). If people won't let you do that, maybe exping with friends and taking a bit of a CP/hour hit from a non "perfect" setup is a better idea than waiting for the rare JP shout with an inflexible setup.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-01 17:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
RNG not having melee gear is a pretty weak complaint. If you have any other light DD job, you're probably in good shape on ilevel melee gear from all the shared sets of Delve/WKR/Skirmish/battlefield gear. Maybe you'd need a couple items if you don't focus on other light DD melees, hardly a massive expectation though. Even if you play zero jobs with overlap to give your RNG some stuff, you've probably got SOME drops or plasm to buy a couple pieces, or just do sparks gear and do your best for the grind.
You'd be suprised how little overlap there is, depending on what stats you are looking for. For Accuracy gear it has pretty decent overlap but for fodder melee gear I would need to mezz/obtain multiple items that I have never needed and I do have multiple other light DD jobs. For instance the most common light DD headpiece is Felistris, Rng can't use this. I'm not saying this is a big deal by any means but it is kind of annoying.

I also want to point out I wasn't really making a big deal out of this, I was just joking that it sucks I need to go get all this gear.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-01 17:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just find it odd that more high tier battlefield groups that threw rangers at stuff didnt bother to have RNG melee tp sets for merits to ease the cycle of grinding out 45merits->do BCs->repeat without having to wait on anyone else but maybe the paladin switch to a dps job for the merit part. Comparing melee rng for tp to whm melee is a bit of a stretch.

Rng/nin or /dnc melee for tp and ws shooting works really well in surge woe, unity NMs, incursion, dynamis, and salvage unless you consider those activities not 'actually playing the job'.

Quote:
For instance the most common light DD headpiece is Felistris, Rng can't use this. I'm not saying this is a big deal by any means but it is kind of annoying.
Whirlpool mask, Iuitl headgear, aug'd ejekamal, Uk'uxkaj cap, +more options just for head slot.
Its really not that hard to cobble a decent melee tp set together.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18