2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1243] New Job Enhancements: Gifts
[dev1243] New Job Enhancements: Gifts
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-01 17:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
The whole idea of creating an "optimal" JP party is pretty odd, and ultimately hurts everyone (outside of maybe the person who plays COR SAM WHM only). Filling essential roles (healing/support/DD) is needed, beyond that it's in everyone's best interest to be a little flexible and allow others to come jobs that might not be SAM SAM SAM. Because when it comes time that you want to get exp on YOUR BLM RNG PUP PLD RUN whatever, you're gonna want parties to let you in too (different from 75 meripo where you could just get all the merits you want on your BRD RDM whatever). If people won't let you do that, maybe exping with friends and taking a bit of a CP/hour hit from a non "perfect" setup is a better idea than waiting for the rare JP shout with an inflexible setup.

I eagerly await the drama arising when players who commonly play support jobs for various events come to realize the DDs they play with view them as literal slaves.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-01 18:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Whirlpool mask, Iuitl headgear, aug'd ejekamal, Uk'uxkaj cap, +more options just for head slot.
Its really not that hard to cobble a decent melee tp set together.
Cobbling a decent set together isn't exactly a good thing. Out of all those options the only one that gives multi-attack is Iuitl which again because of Felistris I don't even own. Sure I could make a set of WKR gear and NQ iuitl and call it cool but that sounds terrible. Overall though it was a joke, just a mild annoyance at having to go out of the way to get new gear to farm CP, I really don't care.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-01 20:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk if 3000+ is possible without a campaign. Even with Vocation/50%+ cape/Corsair's roll. Campaign is what pushed those numbers.

Don't believe it's possible. Fairly easy to infinite chain in those basement areas though in the right camp. Campaign, 50% cape, Corsair's Roll was giving 1900ish chains, so 950ish without the campaign. Vocation doubled the campaign CP as expected, but it lasted all of a few kills. :(

Can't stress enough that camps aren't the issue for all these people carrying on about Dho and Woh having 1ish~ camps each. Basements have been out for nearly a month and people still acting like they don't exist. Guess it's just more proof of the lolJP crowd spouting off without knowing a damn thing about how to efficiently earn CPs.

Your last sentence is spot on. People complain about getting job points when they never even tried a job point party. If everyone is waiting to get invited who is the leader then?

When I do job point parties I would like a healer a corsair and I don't care what 3 other jobs even a black mage. It doesn't matter just come chat and have fun.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-12-01 21:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Sure I could make a set of WKR gear and NQ iuitl and call it cool but that sounds terrible. Overall though it was a joke, just a mild annoyance at having to go out of the way to get new gear to farm CP, I really don't care.

I get that your real meaning was more along the lines of "LOL why do I need to tweak a melee set for Ranger"... but FWIW, I tossed together the below set last night for doing a quick lv124 Incursion exp/CP farm (45 min of killing fodder for merits to do a second Divine Might v2 with the LS, a lot of our group needed to re-merit)

ItemSet 331203

I didn't even bother using an actual melee back over my CP+40% mantle, and could swap plenty of other slots too (Whirlpool or Uk'uxkaj Hat, Buremte or Umuthi gloves, Meko. Harness, an Acc ring, Letalis Mantle, etc.).

I had almost every single piece because of jobs OTHER than RNG (well, except for Haverton Ring which I did pick primarily for the ranged stats, but used for DW here). And this is a pretty high end set for RNG from what I had just laying around from other jobs. I can't imagine it's that rare for anyone else who plays non-RNG jobs to have a lot of this stuff too, or be able to obtain it fairly easily.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-01 21:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that many people have Nom+1 Mitts sitting around, they are not only expensive/rare but also not used on many light DD jobs. ***only 15 have even sold on Asura. Iuitl+1 I certainly never had because Felistris exists. Sabebus I just had to buy and mezz up last night. Sure I had some of the gear but I'm still having to go out of my way to get Qaaxo pieces like Hands, Iuitl+1 Head, 119 Daggers for Rng that I never had to have before.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-12-01 21:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope people start runnin around with their party flags up like the old days
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 21:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nilas you should already have, which are essentially Nom's, arguably even better than, as free, and not inv-1.

The iuitl head, totally agree, honestly just use Uk. Or whirlpool, as acc/att probably needed. Again, inv-1.

Actual melee weapons for RNG is the pain in the ***. Dropping 6+ mil on 2 daggers JUST for rng is silly. There's no 119 axe RNG can wear. Atoyac is "acceptable" though acc may/may not be an issue. The Eminent Axe, is pretty decent.

Everything else is essentially, if thf would wear it, Rng melee should wear it.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-12-01 23:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Nilas you should already have, which are essentially Nom's, arguably even better than, as free, and not inv-1.
Or just get Qaaxo hands Path A, which are "hands" down better than Nilas.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 23:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know who told you that. But they lied to you. They're almost literally the same exact piece, except Nilas are BETTER than Qaaxo.
You get 10 Acc more, for 5 Dex loss, at the cost of 12 Airlixirs. And the famous inventory-1 by obtaining Qaaxo.

DEF:89 HP+45 MP+20 STR+11 DEX+35 Attack+15 Haste+5% Enmity+5 "Double Attack"+2%

DEF:88 HP+25 STR+8 DEX+30 Accuracy+10 Haste+5%
ATT 15
EVA 15
DA 2%
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-01 23:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is if you already have Qaaxo or can't be bothered to farm for Nilas, there's no reason to go for Nilas.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-12-01 23:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Except Qaaxo Path A are one of the better TP pieces for THF, which is what you said in your own post, the same post in which you said you would probably need acc as for the reason to use Whirlpool.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-12-01 23:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No one should just assume you "should" have Nilas, since Nilas are basically worthless for anything but Wildfire. You have to go out of your way to get them, spending merits on hoping to get a drop, or just do Delve for guaranteed Airlixirs (of which you only need 6 not 12, btw)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 23:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Except Qaaxo Path A are one of the better TP pieces for THF, which is what you said in your own post, the same post in which you said you would probably need acc as for the reason to use Whirlpool.

They were, till Nilas. If you're a RNG you SHOULD have them. Best in slot Wildfire. This whole discussion pertains to RNG.

10 acc vs 5 Dex, is essentially a wash. On the head, 25acc vs 0 acc is not.
If acc is a huge issue, I'm going to use Buremte, instead of either.

The money can be spent on other things instead, as Qaaxo will be tossed when we go up from 119, yet Nilas will stay Best in Slot for the forseeable future. MAB on light DD is VERY rare.

if you already got Qaaxo, hurray. use em. If not, get Nilas, you should have them anyway.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-12-01 23:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They were, till Nilas. If you're a RNG you SHOULD have them. Best in slot Wildfire. This whole discussion pertains to RNG.
You're assuming anyone cares about Wildfire. Any relic RNG is going to use Last Stand or Coronach, and any non-relic is going to use Jishnu's, so it's entirely moot to even bring up Wildfire. I know quite a few people that don't even have it unlocked, it's that unnecessary.

By your logic, if 10 acc = 5 DEX, then 13 DEX = 26 acc, so Uk'uxkaj w/DEX aug is better than Whirlpool.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 23:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Any good RNG has a Wildfire set. If you don't you suck. Sorry.
Bottom line on that, no argument valid. (Trueflight acceptable too).
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-01 23:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The disrespect for elemental weaponskills is gross.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-01 23:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So what situations exactly are you using Trueflight/Wildfire?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-01 23:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people would call WF more necessary than a melee TP set for RNG, but whatever.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-12-02 00:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The t4 ram in kamihr is pretty much a push over if you're using RNGs/CORs with real magical WS sets
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-02 00:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
A lot of people would call WF more necessary than a melee TP set for RNG, but whatever.
This.

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
The t4 ram in kamihr is pretty much a push over if you're using RNGs/CORs with real magical WS sets
As well as this. Also, Wildfire > Coronoch on Ice Lion.

It's not even about "oh what're you going to use wildfire on". It's about "oh you know if we had a Wildfire this would die a little faster, you have a set, right?" "no?" "***".

In a game where people pay 30m for DA+1, and have 35 varying degrees of haste/acc toggle sets. You cannot even pretend that having a wildfire set isn't needed.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-02 00:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So Wildfire is absolutely needed, no argument is valid because it can be used on a mob people haven't used Rng on in months and because some abstract situation you can't even come up with where a mob dies a little faster with it exists? Ranger has very few uses and of those very few uses none should you be firing Wildfire that I know of.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-02 00:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We take RNG to Kamhir every time we go. You may not. You do you.

In a game where people pay 30m for DA+1, and have 35 varying degrees of haste/acc toggle sets. You cannot even pretend that having a wildfire set isn't needed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 10:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there a thread that shows the new zone and NM information? can somebody link it? cant find i.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-02 10:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44971/adoulin-gates-nm

Jeanpaul's post.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-12-02 14:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that many people have Nom+1 Mitts sitting around, they are not only expensive/rare but also not used on many light DD jobs. ***only 15 have even sold on Asura. Iuitl+1 I certainly never had because Felistris exists. Sabebus I just had to buy and mezz up last night. Sure I had some of the gear but I'm still having to go out of my way to get Qaaxo pieces like Hands, Iuitl+1 Head, 119 Daggers for Rng that I never had to have before.

What about Buremte gloves? Umuthi Gloves? Those are both actually probably better for RNG melee on CP mobs than Nom+1 since Acc probably matters, but I was using Nom,+1 cause that's what I had on me (I also play THF DNC) and my Buremte were back at home stashed in my locker cause I rarely use them. Not to mention Qaaxo hands as another option. There are plenty of easy to obtain options.

Iuitl+1 you may not have, but surely you've managed Whirlpool mask by now or have plasm to buy it, right? Or Uk cap? Hell, Thurandaut+1 isn't too bad. Again, multiple easily obtained options here that are easily sufficient for CP farming.

Maybe you need an extra dagger to go with Atoyac if you haven't managed a 119 drop from a high tier battlefield or something, but let's not act like it's a massive undertaking to cobble together a very respectable RNG melee set these days...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-02 14:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So Wildfire is absolutely needed, no argument is valid because it can be used on a mob people haven't used Rng on in months and because some abstract situation you can't even come up with where a mob dies a little faster with it exists? Ranger has very few uses and of those very few uses none should you be firing Wildfire that I know of.

Absolutely needed? Not really. Have I seen situations where RNG's had a real need to do some kind of elemental damage and either didn't have WF/TF or didn't have gearsets that made it useful? Plenty.

It was just brought up as an example of why a piece of gear you should have already makes another questionably useless. And it's a good point, Nilas have a pretty rare combination real amounts of MAB on light DD armor that would make them useful through further iLVL increases, where nom+1/Qaxxo probably will not.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-02 15:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
What about Buremte gloves? Umuthi Gloves? Those are both actually probably better for RNG melee on CP mobs than Nom+1 since Acc probably matters, but I was using Nom,+1 cause that's what I had on me (I also play THF DNC) and my Buremte were back at home stashed in my locker cause I rarely use them. Not to mention Qaaxo hands as another option. There are plenty of easy to obtain options.

One thing RNG melee has going for it (possibly the only thing) is its Accuracy traits; a 99 RNG has a whopping +72, so at the very least accuracy isn't something I'd consider specifically gearing it for.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-02 15:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Absolutely needed? Not really. Have I seen situations where RNG's had a real need to do some kind of elemental damage and either didn't have WF/TF or didn't have gearsets that made it useful? Plenty.

It was just brought up as an example of why a piece of gear you should have already makes another questionably useless. And it's a good point, Nilas have a pretty rare combination real amounts of MAB on light DD armor that would make them useful through further iLVL increases, where nom+1/Qaxxo probably will not.
I'm not saying Wildfire and Nilas aren't nice to have, I'm questioning Vali's idea that you absolutely need a Wildfire set no questions asked and if you don't have one you are gimp. Also that you should have Nilas Gloves, an item that I guarantee you very few people have. I don't see any realistic scenarios you would need Wildfire these days on Rng, I guess if your LS still does Kamihr the old way.

Quote:
but let's not act like it's a massive undertaking to cobble together a very respectable RNG melee set these days...
I never said it was, in fact I literally said it wasn't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-02 20:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I said you SHOULD have it, if you lack a wildfire set, you're gimp. That's all. Lot's of people are perfectly happy being gimps.

Needed, means, if you want to consider yourself good instead of gimp. Doesn't actually mean anything.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-02 20:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

the amount of events where rng is worth bringing and the amount of events where wildfire is useful have essentially no overlap

i'm not going to argue against gearing for potential future situations or maintaining a set you had for a past situation(i have wildfire sets as a leftover from old kamihr), but to say anyone's gimp for not having it is laughable

if you do anything that requires it or just feel like covering every possible future situation, make a set

if you don't, don't make a set

we already know valli is ***, don't let his opinion bother you
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18