First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-11-27 13:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Sylph.Malphius said: »
All it takes is 50 JP to equip Su1 gear. That's a couple of hours of your time at worst. That's like complaining that you have to exp or merit a job. Stop all the butt hurt people.

A couple of hours? Where are you getting 750,000 CP/hr?

In central camp at Woh gates with GEO / BRD / COR. Corsairs roll, +50% CP mantle and maybe a ring. Unfortunately it takes people who have insane gear levels, pretty much the top 1~5% of the player base along with powerful support jobs.

So his "at worst" is actually "absolute best".
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-27 13:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically he's a princess telling us all to eat cake.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-11-27 13:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
People what would u rather have? Delve 3 that has a ilevel 129 oat ilevel 129 tsumuru that will take the elite shells 5 months to figure out to beat or simply 50 Jp on yr leisure and get a superior equipment ?

The former. The problem with Delve's initial release was that SE released content out of order. As long as there is a smooth progression from current content to whatever comes next then things will be just fine.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. There are too many jobs in this game to balance incrementally and what happens instead is that SE chooses winners / losers based on which gear is released. Content A comes out that has two weapons as drops, a GKT and a GS that are level 124. Instantly any job that can use those becomes OP compared to all others due to the large level discrepancy. Takes six to eight months to release enough gear that everyone is balanced again, only to release CL128 and break it all over again. Then you gotta factor in REM updates, are they going to raise them or piss off everyone who spent hundreds of millions of GIL on them. Same with the two Ergon weapons, what a way to piss on every RUN who sweated blood and tears to get that weapon.

It turns into a gigantic mess if they try to do it in small monthly updates. Instead it needs to be an entire expansion level content release similiar to what they did with Abyssea. And somehow I don't see SE doing that.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-27 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, we're getting buffed till no end, we clear content day one(super tank/sam zerg is not cheating; if you think otherwise you're wrong) and the only thing they add is meaningless grind to be able to equip gear cause they have no idea how to fix their mess ?

I capped JP on the job I care about but *** that, this just show they have zero clue on how to make this game challenging again and they won't nerf us cause people would complain about it.

Incursion gave me so much hope when they released it; too bad the update after incursion didn't deliver anything good :/
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-27 14:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I particularly like how they called it "gifts" in a subtle way to justify the fact that it's shitty content. "Hey, it's just a gift, so it's all fine!"
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-27 14:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I particularly like how they called it "gifts" in a subtle way to justify the fact that it's shitty content. "Hey, it's just a gift, so it's all fine!"

It's like they don't understand we won't keep playing with no stupid hard content...
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 14:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Those, to me, are accomplishments. Not mindless grinding to get small benefits. Probably the same reason I never finished any mythics, I can't bring myself to complete menial tasks over and over and over just to try to fool myself into believing I accomplished anything other than convincing myself to soldier on through the boredom of my 200th salvage/dynamis run and instead went to go kill nael deus darnus or something. I felt a lot more accomplished downing that (sorry, i need something to draw comparison with, XIV just happens to be easiest) because it took me and my group a lot of time coordinating and learning as a group how to deal with the fight. It's the same feeling I got when my LS first beat Tojil, the first NA shell on the server to do so. It isn't a feeling that can be replicated by getting a Job Point Earned message. It isn't something I ever expect XI to give me again. It disappoints me, and seeing the JP system continue to elongate the issue annoys me.

Yet you grind in FFXIV the same dungeons over and over to cap each week to buy gear. That is different in some way? You people are all whiny *** I swear, you have no idea what you want.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-27 14:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Those, to me, are accomplishments. Not mindless grinding to get small benefits. Probably the same reason I never finished any mythics, I can't bring myself to complete menial tasks over and over and over just to try to fool myself into believing I accomplished anything other than convincing myself to soldier on through the boredom of my 200th salvage/dynamis run and instead went to go kill nael deus darnus or something. I felt a lot more accomplished downing that (sorry, i need something to draw comparison with, XIV just happens to be easiest) because it took me and my group a lot of time coordinating and learning as a group how to deal with the fight. It's the same feeling I got when my LS first beat Tojil, the first NA shell on the server to do so. It isn't a feeling that can be replicated by getting a Job Point Earned message. It isn't something I ever expect XI to give me again. It disappoints me, and seeing the JP system continue to elongate the issue annoys me.

Yet you grind in FFXIV the same dungeons over and over to cap each week to buy gear. That is different in some way? You people are all whiny *** I swear, you have no idea what you want.

If I said I want a FFXI that doesn't suck, what would your response be ?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To get on with your life because what you want probably wont happen lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-27 14:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that I don't want my gear choices determined by how many job points I have.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 14:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't even know what the stats of the gear is.. It will probably be ***gear or vanity stuff. Even if it is something decent, its something to do in the game. People *** 24/7 theres nothing to do, yet when they are presented with different ways to do things they complain and moan. Every single update thread or news thread on this site is bombarded with the same handful of emo *** that come out of the woodwork to rain on the parade lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-27 14:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Every single update thread or news thread is bombarded with the same handful of denial of any kind of criticism moved by people who care about the game. No one is emo, except you.
If something's bad it's bad, just being in game doesn't make it good.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-27 14:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just me, but doing a dungeon or some pvp seems more fun than killing 5000 worm with no challenging content to do afterward :(.

I honestly think we did it all and they won't be able to come up with anything challenging in a new way, without nerf I don't see how they can make something challenging enough to counter pld+rng, super buff+stun lock zerg and pd zerg; as long as one of those three work to clear content we'll always clear stuff before they can add anything new.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-27 14:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the job specific point requirement it sounds like superior gear is an AF4 system.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 14:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Maybe it's just me, but doing a dungeon or some pvp seems more fun than killing 5000 worm with no challenging content to do afterward :(.

I honestly think we did it all and they won't be able to come up with anything challenging in a new way, without nerf I don't see how they can make something challenging enough to counter pld+rng, super buff+stun lock zerg and pd zerg; as long as one of those three work to clear content we'll always clear stuff before they can add anything new.

You used those strategies for practically anything "hard" in this game. You aren't forced into using them, you can use another strategy.

Quote:
Every single update thread or news thread is bombarded with the same handful of denial of any kind of criticism moved by people who care about the game. No one is emo, except you.
If something's bad it's bad, just being in game doesn't make it good.

Yeah you obviously care about the game, spouting doomsday nonsense and unhelpful bashing of it every thread. How again is that caring about the game? I'm not emo at all, I play the game and ENJOY it. If I didn't enjoy it I sure as hell wouldn't be posting daily about how much I hate it and everything its done.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-27 14:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't even know what the stats of the gear is.. It will probably be ***gear or vanity stuff.

By classifying it as "Superior," that implies that it's better than the norm. What part of that leads you to believe it will be "***" or "vanity stuff?"
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-27 14:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

See? The usual made up bs. I never spilled any doomsday, nor hate towards this game.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 14:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
See? The usual made up bs. I never spilled any doomsday, nor hate towards this game.

I was speaking in general, don't be dumb you know it is everywhere on this site.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-27 14:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Given the job specific point requirement it sounds like superior gear is an AF4 system.

It would be nice if they followed an armor class system instead of a JSE system, especially if the gear itself is at all exclusive. Grinding hundreds and hundreds of JP just to be able to equip gear that you have to grind endlessly to get would be a pretty bad step given the direction toward casuals that they've been going.
[+]
By Lizk 2014-11-27 14:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo is here, fun is over.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 14:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't even know what the stats of the gear is.. It will probably be ***gear or vanity stuff.

By classifying it as "Superior," that implies that it's better than the norm. What part of that leads you to believe it will be "***" or "vanity stuff?"

People wanted unique gear that was hard to obtain. I could go back a couple of months and show you some of these negative nancy's posts and how they didn't like everyone wearing the same ***. They wanted a grind and not to be handed items like from Delve, yet now they complain, the same people lol.

Lizk said: »
Draylo is here, fun is over.

Hi Latifah!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-27 14:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk bro, I'm pretty confident in high-tier Biast being a challenge tbh.

No, really. Job Points gonna be real necessary for that guy. Please look forward to it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-27 14:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

It would be nice if they followed an armor class system instead of a JSE system, especially if the gear itself is at all exclusive. Grinding hundreds and hundreds of JP just to be able to equip gear that you have to grind endlessly to get would be a pretty bad step given the direction toward casuals that they've been going.

More than likely its the armor sets teased at in the SoA concept art. Hopefully the whole set is available from the get...but
its not like SE has ever been known to be dickish grind designers and make it just one slot every 55 JP spent.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 14:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malphius said: »
All it takes is 50 JP to equip Su1 gear. That's a couple of hours of your time at worst.
A couple of hours for 55 Job Points?
How exactely are you managing to get 825k Capacity Points per hour?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-27 15:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You used those strategies for practically anything "hard" in this game. You aren't forced into using them, you can use another strategy.

So your answer is: If you want the game to be challenging you can't use the gear/ja/sp SE give you to use in the game? Should I also use RoE gear to make delve more challenging ? Are 4 song brd/idriss geo allowed in your game ?
If you can use in game stuff to make everything easy mode, it mean the game is poorly designed and need to be fixed.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 15:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So your answer is: If you want the game to be challenging you can't use the gear/ja/sp SE give you to use in the game? Should I also use RoE gear to make delve more challenging ? Are 4 song brd/idriss geo allowed in your game ?
If you can use in game stuff to make everything easy mode, it mean the game is poorly designed and need to be fixed.

It's obvious you have been emo, I can see from the posts you make... Give it a break and play something else, if they add something you enjoy just come back. Obviously those things make the game a lot easier, content isn't balanced around everyone having the best equipment in the game. That is why people farm those gears, they wanna perform at their best and beat content feeling like they are powerful.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 15:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet at the end of the road (which, by the way, is a single dungeon a day for 5 days out of the week, each dungeon taking 20 minutes or less to complete), I have actual challenging content to go tackle with my new gear and feel rewarded for my efforts by getting even better gear. What does that in XI anymore?

I know very much what I want, and I even explicitly spelled it out in the very post you just quoted. If you're going to be a fanatical zealot about defending XI and its perfection in your eyes, at least learn how to have an argument without misrepresenting someone's position, because it's your only ammo and it's getting tiresome.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-27 15:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I log like oncee a week at most since like september; I'm debating if it worth keeping sub at this point(it's not), but if the only answer you have are:

"It's obvious you have been emo, I can see from the posts you make... Give it a break and play something else"
I think you agree with me and you're just in denial about it.

And: "Obviously those things make the game a lot easier, content isn't balanced around everyone having the best equipment in the game"

That's pretty much why I don't care to log on anymore but isn't it poor design if you release almost no content aimed at people with gear that was released 4-5 years ago ? (ddb, mythic, ochain, aegis and so on..) Are we that far into denial ?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-27 15:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet at the end of the road (which, by the way, is a single dungeon a day for 5 days out of the week, each dungeon taking 20 minutes or less to complete), I have actual challenging content to go tackle with my new gear and feel rewarded for my efforts by getting even better gear. What does that in XI anymore?

I know very much what I want, and I even explicitly spelled it out in the very post you just quoted. If you're going to be a fanatical zealot about defending XI and its perfection in your eyes, at least learn how to have an argument without misrepresenting someone's position, because it's your only ammo and it's getting tiresome.

XI is a much older game, there will be content that fills that spot soon. Incursion was a good one but it doesn't reward much at higher ilevel, for now at least. XIV "hard" is simply dodging and memorizing exact patterns, people obviously play XI for a different reason. You are simply wasting your energy typing the same schtick every update thread... If you don't like it, why do you even care to comment? You aren't doing anything except wasting time that you could spend on your precious XIV since its so fun. When Delve was fun and challenging, according to you, you were still bitching with the rest of them. I still remember those days just like this, it was the same ***. You people are never happy lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 15:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't want to break a lance in favour of Prothescar, but he's got a point Draylo.
If you exceed in it every kind of grind is going to make you fed up with it, but in games like WoW and FFXIV you have a wide variety of stuff to do, every dungeon is different to a certain extent, you can farm with primal fights, raids, daily quests.
It's the same in wow.
This variety and the efficiency of time spent/reward makes it feel much less grindier than the current JP situation in FFXI, it's not comparable in terms of amount of effort (time) required and variety.

And I'm not even one of those guys who hate meripos, I've been waiting for meripos to return for a long time (hint hint, they haven't yet sadly)

So I get your concept Draylo and I can agree with it in theory, but a 1:1 comparison with FFXIV's grind for Soldiery/Poetics is a bit of a stretch.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18