2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1243] New Job Enhancements: Gifts
[dev1243] New Job Enhancements: Gifts
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18
By Keido 2014-11-27 09:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Laili said: »
and for once i WAS thinking about coming back to FFXI but it seems like every day i fallow the updates they making it harder for people who do quit and come back and so on and so forth get over ran by people who make it harder for the veteran players who know the game TRY to do events cant get new gear

Party Leader: what's your iLevel gear at??

you: oh i have a few ilevel 117 and one ilevel 119 peace and i have a ilevel 117 weapon

Party Leader: oh you cant come your not ilevel 119 and you don't have no ilevel gear or good weapons.

you: really how am i suppose to get new gear if people like you don't let me join to try and GET new gear

Party Leader: well do you have a WHM or COR or BRD??

You: I have Bard

Party leader: Sweet you have you have empy harp or anything like that?

You: no why does it matter

Party Leader: sucks to be you now run along we have filled your spot with this shitty player who is ilevel 119 and has a empy harp and don't know how to play the job...goodbye

people like this is why i don't come back to the game such crap this game just needs to die and it is dieing slowlycause soon their will no people in the servers like when they did a merge

This is exactly what is wrong with alot of players. You dont want to spend one week making your character better. You dont want to yell for people. You dont want to try different things. Hell most of the crap you can do with 6 people now. This is the thinking that really has hurt this game.

You dont need gear as much as you need smarts. I have been healed and healed well in 117 gear in Woh Gates. I was impressed because its not only the gear but its also the player. Not to mention they went on put in some effort and fixed their job.

So what maybe you cant do X on Difficult do it on normal. Or here is a crazy idea do it on Easy till you understand what you need to do to beat it then do it on Normal. Even crazier... UPGRADE YOUR DAMN RELIC AND ARTIFACT. Enhance it with pieces from Adoulin that you can buy with sparks.

Basically don't be a lazy *** ***player. FFXI is already super easy and posts and threads like these serve to only make it worse and worse. Spend some time on your character and advance it. Or go play a different game really. It is not hard. It is time consuming. Have an hour a day? Take a week farm Salvage with the 117 gear make about 8m gil Use that gil to upgrade artifact and relic.
[+]
By Keido 2014-11-27 09:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
*Blink Blink*

Have you actually fought monsters in Doh or Woh gates before? They have some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE evasion numbers, so much that it makes delve MB's look like p*sseys. Woh is something like 1050~ 1100 evasion while Doh is somewhere around 900~950. 2 evasion = -1% hit rate so if a player is 50 accuracy off then they just took a 25% hit rate loss. With number this big it quickly becomes a game of throwing as many accuracy buffs as possible onto the most accuracy DD's you can find. For folks with access to high end resources, BRD and COR mules, a healer who doesn't mind being 10/10 in every category already (or someone's mule), extremely well geared full 119 melee's, this isn't hard to get. For casuals players who are wearing 117 spark gear who haven't even got all their delve MB clears, getting CP's in a party is simply impossible, unless they only have support jobs.

Remember CP's don't carry over to other jobs, so a player can't "just go BRD / COR / WHM" and get CP's for their SAM / BST / NIN / PUP / BLU / WAR / MNK / PLD. They have to actually play on those jobs and kill those HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE normal monsters which for most groups would be a waste of a party space. They would never get invited nor would any BRD / COR / GEO / WHM join their group, since those support jobs can easily find a much better gear to go with. It's the 75 era merit scenario all over again. So that leaves the only realistic option for casual players being trust soloing VE / EP mobs for 80~120 CP per kill. Which as anyone who's done this knows, takes FOREVER to make any progress. So most don't even bother.

Remember this is supposed to be casual level content, not difficult mega boss's that require carefully orchestrated strategies and an experienced support crew. This sh!t is supposed to be nearly brain dead easy for most folks to participate in.

Hmm and here I am getting capacity chains 200+ with no bard. Crazy...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 09:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*Blink Blink*

[cut]
Pretty much what I was trying to say.
There are steep requirements for that kind of party. In DoH gates it's better, but it still requires good players/gear/setup.

Bringing a party to a "lower level camp" it just isn't worth it.
WoH gates totally is, when you can find free camps, but you can't just go there with any player on any job.
Which is exactely what I meant when I defined this content "user unfrendly" and "unaccessible".
This is not what I'd expect from something that should be supposed to cather to all sort of players, with a line drawn somewhere of course but clearly not as high as it is today.

Party play simply isn't promoted enough.
For something that's clearly higher to set up and organize compared to solo play, there should be some higher incentive, whereas atm I more punishment than attempts to incentivate.

Increasing CP/Hr for parties and releasing a good number of viable camps with lots of mobs, fast repop and non HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE TPmoves/200yalms link could be a good starting point into promoting party play and make it feel like it's more worth your time than going to solo.
Atm it just isn't worth it unless you have a small static of friends or a plethora of mules.
And this is exactely why people aren't bothering to set up PT farming groups, or aren't bothering to send you tells when you're the one trying to set it up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-11-27 09:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The solution for JP farming is pretty easy, just knock 150~200 evasion off the monsters over level 110 or so. Would make it feasible for casuals to form PUGs with 113~117 level gear and get some progress while they work themselves up the gear ladder. This isn't "end game" LS type content, this is supposed to be brain dead mass slaughter of what is the very definition of "fodder". Fodder shouldn't have defensive stats higher then delve megaboss's.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2014-11-27 09:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree it is a bit excessive. But, I feel like people didn't do merit parties back in the day. Either in Ule Range, or on Colibri. As for camps, you can take 18 in Incursion and get really good CP.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 09:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The solution for JP farming is pretty easy, just knock 150~200 evasion off the monsters over level 110 or so. Would make it feasible for casuals to form PUGs with 113~117 level gear and get some progress while they work themselves up the gear ladder. This isn't "end game" LS type content, this is supposed to be brain dead mass slaughter of what is the very definition of "fodder". Fodder shouldn't have defensive stats higher then delve megaboss's.
Reducing evasion for those targets would be awesome, but I'm afraid WoH gates doesn't have many viable camps.
A couple of months ago I tried to look for one with a pretty solid party (not awesome, but way better than average) and we were having issues with the repop, magic aggro, links and elementals.
I reckon some of the fault was in our setup (wasn't made to handle sleeps and such) but still, there weren't many "relaxing" camps.

We found a pretty good one in a room in between 3 other rooms with bombs and worms, Pretty awesome sauce but in this middle room pops an Elemental and those WoH gates elementals are incredibly annoying with their AoE terrorga move.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-27 10:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome Update !!!!!!!!!!!!!

However only a few jobs actually have good GIFTS :(

those are:
THF (80)TH+5% on proc
BRD (60) M.ACC+
RNG (80) Conserve TP
SAM (80) Zanshin
PUP (60 and 80) Pet ATK+ DEF+
GEO (45 and 60) Handbell / Geomancy

Other jobs missing a HUGE Amount of stuff they could've added....

Fo4r example MNK could get Counter+ as well.
or WHM Cure Potency II +
NIN with Ninja Tool Expertise + or Dual Wield +

also could add some "Weapon Skill DMG+" / "Skillchain DMG+"

In a way I Like what they did, but it is Lacking ALOT of JA / WS / DMG / ETC.............

Giving ninja M.EVA+ is not going to help :(

or giving jobs some Skill +5 (some are rly cool but some are just not useful at all ><)

well that is just my Opinion about it

^^/ Still Excited about it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-11-27 10:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Reducing evasion for those targets would be awesome, but I'm afraid WoH gates doesn't have many viable camps.
A couple of months ago I tried to look for one with a pretty solid party (not awesome, but way better than average) and we were having issues with the repop, magic aggro, links and elementals.
I reckon some of the fault was in our setup (wasn't made to handle sleeps and such) but still, there weren't many "relaxing" camps.

We found a pretty good one in a room in between 3 other rooms with bombs and worms, Pretty awesome sauce but in this middle room pops an Elemental and those WoH gates elementals are incredibly annoying with their AoE terrorga move.

Ahh that was my old Merit + Sparks camp before SE updated the mobs. Used to go down there with my WHM cure mule and melee murder everything in there, was a ton of worms, rabbits and some bombs. Then SE jacked their level over 9000 and I haven't returned. I agree that SE needs to introduce more "campable" areas, Doh gates has only one good party camp, and a bunch of small weak camps for soloists. Morimar isn't too bad but again the mobs are too low level for a party to get worthwhile CP at. Same with cirdas caverns. Really they need to introduce a few more zones with mobs that are killable to a party of 115~117 geared players.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-11-27 11:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The New sub zones added in the November patch might fill that role? I still haven't been there don't know how many pts can stay in those zones and if they are good camps or full with mobs with insane Eva, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE tp moves and links everywhere.
There's also inner ra'kaz, never been there but heard it sucks for that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-27 11:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that SE needs to introduce more "campable" areas, Doh gates has only one good party camp, and a bunch of small weak camps for soloists. Morimar isn't too bad but again the mobs are too low level for a party to get worthwhile CP at. Same with cirdas caverns. Really they need to introduce a few more zones with mobs that are killable to a party of 115~117 geared players.

Not trying to single you out, just the most recent post to quote, but...

Keep seeing this said everywhere. You guys really need to check out the basement area of Cirdas and the gates areas. These 5 additions largely answer the issue with camps, each has multiple rooms with dozens of fast respawning mobs, all within 121-123. Each area also covers specific ecosystems and mob types, so you can focus on weaknesses and such.

Can't stress enough that these camps are good. This was during the 2x campaign, +50% cape, and a Cor, but no ring active. Final roll wasn't lucky or 11, forget what it was, but most kills were in the 1850-1950 range. Party setup was Non-RME War, 2x Blu one with Tizona, Non-Yagrush Whm, Idris Geo, and a roll only Cor. This took all of a single hour, Japanese JP party, and at least on Bahamut, they're strict about when to stop, going as far as counting down every 5-10 minutes after the 30 min mark.

Doesn't mean I agree with CP rates or don't see the issues that Gifts will bring about, just wanting to get it out there that camps are no longer the issue. Maybe more will feel JPs are worth seeking if they know that there's more then 2 camps. Fairly sure each basement area could handle 3 groups spread about, though I'm sure we'll all settle on "the best" and act like that's the only viable camp of the lot.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-27 11:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

People what would u rather have? Delve 3 that has a ilevel 129 oat ilevel 129 tsumuru that will take the elite shells 5 months to figure out to beat or simply 50 Jp on yr leisure and get a superior equipment ?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 11:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The New sub zones added in the November patch might fill that role? I still haven't been there don't know how many pts can stay in those zones and if they are good camps or full with mobs with insane Eva, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE tp moves and links everywhere.
There's also inner ra'kaz, never been there but heard it sucks for that.
The sub zone added (tested cirdas, entered thru the crystal south of Yorcia biv #2) solo+trust the monsters give a base of 1600xp and 250cp.
Tested with no food or buffs and 880 acc, a ninja is about 75% acc so you need to gear for acc, sushi and probably a bard trust.

Not really that great but if someone is tired of paladins jacking their frogs at marjami biv2, the red toads and are easy in cirdas.
I was hoping for the monsters to be harder in this place even the dullahan and maroliths on the north side arent anything special.

Also the 1h damage update is probably going to make it even easier to bring whatever job to DD for jobpoints.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-11-27 11:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to disagree with the "you have to be X, X, or X to get invited to a CP party" theory.

The whole idea is to get JP for the jobs you play, and at least with the people I go with, that means pretty much anything.

I've seen THF out-DD a few SAM (admittedly, said THF is mythic) and several BLU who, despite not having RME, can tear the living crap out of these fodder mobs.

As long as you have some sort of support role (whether it be WHM, BRD, GEO, RDM, COR, SCH, hell even a BLU who's set his or her spells to support magic) you'll be fine.

One place we go is straight Cirdas, with a BLU and BLM nuking, DNC pulling as we gather a crapton of whatever we run into for mass merits/CP.

It works out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-27 11:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Laili said: »
and for once i WAS thinking about coming back to FFXI but it seems like every day i fallow the updates they making it harder for people who do quit and come back and so on and so forth get over ran by people who make it harder for the veteran players who know the game TRY to do events cant get new gear

Party Leader: what's your iLevel gear at??

you: oh i have a few ilevel 117 and one ilevel 119 peace and i have a ilevel 117 weapon

Party Leader: oh you cant come your not ilevel 119 and you don't have no ilevel gear or good weapons.

you: really how am i suppose to get new gear if people like you don't let me join to try and GET new gear

Party Leader: well do you have a WHM or COR or BRD??

You: I have Bard

Party leader: Sweet you have you have empy harp or anything like that?

You: no why does it matter

Party Leader: sucks to be you now run along we have filled your spot with this shitty player who is ilevel 119 and has a empy harp and don't know how to play the job...goodbye

people like this is why i don't come back to the game such crap this game just needs to die and it is dieing slowlycause soon their will no people in the servers like when they did a merge

Dude what event we talking about? tojil tree delve ? AA fights? If u don't have the gear along with the job 5 other people have to carry your dead weigh. Once for aa fight a ranger with 117 gun did like 10 percent of parse we won because there was a relic ranger who did something like 50+.
If it's tree delve i can't invite a monk. I need 2 SAMs or 3 sams. I mean if u ask Nicely I can let u leech a win when we have the "A" team. If u have 2 songs what can we do with that? We need 2 March and 1 madrigal.

Why do people don't understand? We are players too we have family we have jobs we have things we need to do after or before the game. We don't have time to carry people's dead weights.

Example: log in 10pm. Kids went to bed. Play FFXI instead of catching up on sleep. Organize a tree delve. 5/6 shout for a Sam. A non tsu non koga ask to join. No accuracy set. Hey what the heck. "We should invite everyone right?" Our main Sam carrying the dding. At morta told him to turn while charm didn't. Main Sam eaten. Full wipe re raise to regroup. Kill morta went to boss with 5 minutes left. Timed out cause pug Sam missing even the garbage can in front him. Exit.

Instead of politely asking him to leave I say time for bed disbanding party. I just wasted 4 other people's time along with my own time by letting the person without the right gear join.

undersand now?? U and possible future people? End game gear ur support. I joined end game as the easiest job possible which is a cor.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-11-27 12:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Making it possible to level to 100 is too difficult ?
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-27 12:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still trying to figure out why people are making a connection between Superior 1 and level 100.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-11-27 12:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Level 100 would be silly. Lets give everyone Super Jump, Composure and Valiance.
By fonewear 2014-11-27 12:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A gift would be if SE had customer support/service. But that would make too much sense.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-27 12:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm still trying to figure out why people are making a connection between Superior 1 and level 100.
I think some people have decided Superior 1 is going to be a 1 level increase which to me seems unlikely, I doubt it would even be an ilvl increase, just some specific gear for superior people I suppose.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-27 12:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I think some people have decided Superior 1 is going to be a 1 level increase which to me seems unlikely, I doubt it would even be an ilvl increase, just some specific gear for superior people I suppose.

Well at least ilvl 120 makes a little bit of sense given the wording, but level 100 makes no sense at all.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2014-11-27 12:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be Old meripo all over again :D I'm not so much against it, will keep me busy xD
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2014-11-27 12:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-27 13:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't do it then. Not everyone have a koga or yagrush
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-27 13:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
People what would u rather have? Delve 3 that has a ilevel 129 oat ilevel 129 tsumuru that will take the elite shells 5 months to figure out to beat or simply 50 Jp on yr leisure and get a superior equipment ?

The former. The problem with Delve's initial release was that SE released content out of order. As long as there is a smooth progression from current content to whatever comes next then things will be just fine.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-27 13:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

All it takes is 50 JP to equip Su1 gear. That's a couple of hours of your time at worst. That's like complaining that you have to exp or merit a job. Stop all the butt hurt people.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-27 13:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malphius said: »
All it takes is 50 JP to equip Su1 gear. That's a couple of hours of your time at worst. That's like complaining that you have to exp or merit a job. Stop all the butt hurt people.

A couple of hours? Where are you getting 750,000 CP/hr?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18