Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-28 08:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
There wasn't supposed to be a reason to get JP, when they were announced they were said to be optional and the were, they added small improvements to each job but weren't needed.

Suddenly if you need JP to get a significant improvement to each job, it goes back on what SE originally stated them to be.

Exactly. I seriously can't believe how many people miss this. This is the point. You were NOT supposed to have a goal within JP. Just to get them at your leisure.

If they didn't *** us right from the beginning this wouldn't even be up for argument.

Regardless if you cap your job points with gift or not, content is achievable barring incursion lvls higher then 150+ acc is a real thing,lol

You do not need them to succeed. They are NOT a requirement to rock at this game, they are there to make it easier if you are struggling ,and do not be ashamed if you are your trying at least. Be thankful they give updates still for the folks that keep saying " game is dead ".

Again it all boils down to this, you pay your subscription to play the game whither it be with friends or by community or yourself. believe it or not the game is so much fun with other open minded players and they do exist and they get stuff done.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-28 08:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Overall, this system is punishing beyond anything we ever had to endure just to upgrade 1 job out of 24.

Except it is not, you're over exaggerating with the above statement. I used to play 2~3hr a day, it took me at least 3 months to reach lv 75, that's over 150hr of grind. There are also some jobs that never get invite, such as BST DRG.

I'm not trying to defend for the pace in lv 75 era, but if you're saying farming 50 CP is "punishing beyond anything we ever had to endure", then it's just plain wrong, which I had to point out.

I'm saying it in front of the fact this is said to be the 1st of a series of "Superior" levels, as SE itself stated, meaning we will get increasing requirements to go further up the ladder.

Come on, it's been said and said since the first few pages of this thread.

Yes but the rate of obtaining EXP and CP also had been increasing. The EXP/hr you gain at lv 50 cap era was slower than lv 75 era, and lv 75 era exp/hr is slower than Abyssea era.

So does CP, when CP was introduced there were no COR roll bonus, I don't recall it has CP bonus ring either(I may be wrong on this). Now we have COR roll bonus, then incursion back piece, and soon we're going to get further CP bonus from job enhancements gifts. How do you know your CP gain/hr are going to stay the same after 3 years?

Again, you're exaggerating the entire situation.

3 years, really?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-28 08:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
There wasn't supposed to be a reason to get JP, when they were announced they were said to be optional and the were, they added small improvements to each job but weren't needed.

Suddenly if you need JP to get a significant improvement to each job, it goes back on what SE originally stated them to be.

Exactly. I seriously can't believe how many people miss this. This is the point. You were NOT supposed to have a goal within JP. Just to get them at your leisure.

If they didn't *** us right from the beginning this wouldn't even be up for argument.

Regardless if you cap your job points with gift or not, content is achievable barring incursion lvls higher then 150+ acc is a real thing,lol

You do not need them to succeed. They are NOT a requirement to rock at this game, they are there to make it easier if you are struggling ,and do not be ashamed if you are your trying at least. Be thankful they give updates still for the folks that keep saying " game is dead ".

Again it all boils down to this, you pay your subscription to play the game whither it be with friends or by community or yourself. believe it or not the game is so much fun with other open minded players and they do exist and they get stuff done.
We weren't suggesting that Job Points are needed now, they aren't and are very much optional, rather, that this new SUP1 category could be the start of making Job Points mandatory across every job you want to use.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-28 08:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Overall, this system is punishing beyond anything we ever had to endure just to upgrade 1 job out of 24.

Except it is not, you're over exaggerating with the above statement. I used to play 2~3hr a day, it took me at least 3 months to reach lv 75, that's over 150hr of grind. There are also some jobs that never get invite, such as BST DRG.

I'm not trying to defend for the pace in lv 75 era, but if you're saying farming 50 CP is "punishing beyond anything we ever had to endure", then it's just plain wrong, which I had to point out.

I'm saying it in front of the fact this is said to be the 1st of a series of "Superior" levels, as SE itself stated, meaning we will get increasing requirements to go further up the ladder.

Yes but the rate of obtaining EXP and CP also had been increasing. The EXP/hr you gain at lv 50 cap era was slower than lv 75 era, and lv 75 era exp/hr is slower than Abyssea era.

So does CP, when CP was introduced there were no COR roll bonus, I don't recall it has CP bonus ring either(I may be wrong on this). Now we have COR roll bonus, then incursion back piece, and soon we're going to get further CP bonus from job enhancements gifts. How do you know your CP gain/hr are going to stay the same after 3 years?

3 years, really?

3 years is obviously just an example, idk when'd SE gonna implement higher tier of gear, maybe after 3 years,maybe after 5 years. By the time they implement it we can probably grind 200k CP/hr.

GJ on missing the point, I'm out!
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-28 08:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

REMs and 119 boss weapons weren't needed to beat Delve, but the players damn sure demanded them. Hell, they were demanded just for farming trash mobs while ignoring the bosses. Trust me this "SU1" thing will set up a whole new bout of people being denied access to content due to the unrealistic expectations of a few in the community. History always repeats itself because people do not change.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-28 08:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

3 years, really?

3 years is obviously just an example, idk when'd SE gonna implement higher tier of gear, maybe after 3 years,maybe after 5 years. By the time they implement it we can probably grind 200k CP/hr.

Says the guy who never got mine in the first place. See ya.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-28 08:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

3 years, really?
Um yeah!?
I mean, obviously when the iLv cap is 275 and we're almost done with the expansion after next, we're totes not gonna be complaining about capacity points because those will have rained from the sky in [insert event here]!
Duh!
I mean, how could you NOT know that these things are totes gonna happen??
If it really bothers you, you should just cryogenically freeze yourself until we get the [insert event here] that gives stupid capacity points on par with Abyssea's experience points!

In case it wasn't obvious I was trolling your incredulous question with hyperbole and Job-Point-apologetic-stupid that was a continuation of Afania's argument.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-28 08:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We weren't suggesting that Job Points are needed now, they aren't and are very much optional, rather, that this new SUP1 category could be the start of making Job Points mandatory across every job you want to use.

Again Tidis this games content is achievable even without the new SUP1. Also about the " you must have SUP1 if you even consider to play your jobs" ask yourself this.

"Is the person who is telling me this in-game or online forum paying my subscription fee?" if the answer is NO then perhaps you should make some new friends, popular to contrary belief we are seeing some returning players come back.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-28 08:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

3 years, really?
Um yeah!?
I mean, obviously when the iLv cap is 275 and we're almost done with the expansion after next, we're totes not gonna be complaining about capacity points because those will have rained from the sky in [insert event here]!
Duh!
I mean, how could you NOT know that these things are totes gonna happen??
If it really bothers you, you should just cryogenically freeze yourself until we get the [insert event here] that gives stupid capacity points on par with Abyssea's experience points!

In case it wasn't obvious I was trolling your incredulous question with hyperbole and Job-Point-apologetic-stupid that was a continuation of Afania's argument.

Do you know how much CP you'd need for Superior 2 then? I see that "We will need to grind forever as Superior lv increase" argument all over, and Superior 1 isn't even out yet.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-11-28 08:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Again Tidis this games content is achievable even without the new SUP1. Also about the " you must have SUP1 if you even consider to play your jobs" ask yourself this.

"Is the person who is telling me this in-game or online forum paying my subscription fee?" if the answer is NO then perhaps you should make some new friends, popular to contrary belief we are seeing some returning players come back.

This games current content is achievable without SUP1 gear because its achievable with the gear we have now.

Assuming they add harder content, we have no way of knowing if it will be the rebirth of pre-nerf Delve 1, or if your sparks gear will still be sufficient. If it leans more in the direction of the former then it would be pretty difficult to convince even a group of friends to take you. Though I'd assume support roles would still be able to sneak by performing the absolute minimum required of them further bottle-necking returning players into "Lvl BRD or GTFO"
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-28 08:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you need to spend 500 job points in order to unlock SUP2
[+]
By Keido 2014-11-28 09:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope its 1m CP to unlock Level2
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-28 09:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »

This games current content is achievable without SUP1 gear because its achievable with the gear we have now.

Assuming they add harder content, we have no way of knowing if it will be the rebirth of pre-nerf Delve 1, or if your sparks gear will still be sufficient. If it leans more in the direction of the former then it would be pretty difficult to convince even a group of friends to take you. Though I'd assume support roles would still be able to sneak by performing the absolute minimum required of them further bottle-necking returning players into "Lvl BRD or GTFO"

Isn't that how lv cap increase supposed to be though? New lv cap===> New harder content available====> Lv up your jobs so you're rdy to do hard content====>Do hard content.

MMO has been like that forever, you can't do new content until you're rdy for it, with appropriate lv/gears from lower lv. nothing changes, what's the reason to complain?

Making returning players lv BRD or WHM isn't telling them to gtfo, it's giving them a short cut to start the highest lv content with minimum work. In other MMO titles you probably have to shitty lv 100 content 10 times before you can move on to lv 110 then finally do 119 with everyone else after climbing the ladder.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-28 09:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder if they keep going with SUP stuff if we will see our jobs receive insane stats like primeval brew stats, i would spend 500 or more to see that.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-28 09:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They say SUP1 stuff is just going to be 119 crafted stuff on AH.
By Keido 2014-11-28 09:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that how lv cap increase supposed to be though? New lv cap===> New harder content available====> Lv up your jobs so you're rdy to do hard content====>Do hard content.

MMO has been like that forever, you can't do new content until you're rdy for it, with appropriate lv/gears from lower lv. nothing changes, what's the reason to complain?

Making returning players lv BRD or WHM isn't telling them to gtfo, it's giving them a short cut to start the highest lv content with minimum work. In other MMO titles you probably have to shitty lv 100 content 10 times before you can move on to lv 110 then finally do 119 with everyone else after climbing the ladder.

Just stop wasting your logic. The lazy people that want everything on a silver platter in this game wont get it. Also I blame Obama.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-28 09:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Lol@ AH drama over SUP1 :D
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 09:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's even more infuriating than the gear actually being worthwhile. If I knew we were going to be 119 as long as we were 75 I'd have rather stayed 75.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-28 09:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

3 years, really?

They'd better hurry up, I mean, in a few years time, the game will have half the population it has now, or it'll be dead.

So if they're gonna give support to the surviving populace, I'd hurry.

On an outgoing note, it brings a tear to my eye when I went back and briefly read an old BG thread of new 75cap content. The bustling excitement was unreal.

Updates of today are this, a hideous joke in comparison, but atleast there is some people out there excited in spending hours upon hours mindlessly killing trash mobs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-28 09:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

3 years, really?

They'd better hurry up, I mean, in a few years time, the game will have half the population it has now, or it'll be dead.

Hurry for what lol, as long as the game lives it'd move on with more stuff to grind, and vice versa....the time we have nothing to grind is the day this game ends.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-28 09:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol@ AH drama over SUP1 :D

We finally agree on something, lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-28 09:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

3 years, really?

Hurry for what lol, as long as the game lives it'd move on with more stuff to grind, and vice versa....the time we have nothing to grind is the day this game ends.

The quality of grinding is important though, and what they're bringing out is far from satisfactory.

I could be wrong though, that player population definitely disagrees with me.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-28 09:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Where was this said? On JP forums?
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-11-28 10:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really glad they're adding this to spent Job Points.

I can't be the only one that thought dumping 55 Jobs points to max out Magic accuracy or another category on another job was a bit of a piss take?
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-11-28 10:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They always make things easier to acquire over time anyway. After this update, with a bit of work you'll be able to expand your CP gain by 75% through Gifts+Incursion mantles, thats a solid 700-800ish per kill in Woh Gates, more if you're smart and used Red Pells on Vocation Rings, probably 1k+ if you have Corsair's Roll. They said they will increase CP gain moving forward, perhaps a base increase, a stronger Capacity Ring, better chain bonuses, maybe Ionis bonus, or content that gives larger bonuses like Incursion.

Anyway 90JP to unlock all gifts is pretty easy to be honest. To upgrade a single job's category to 10/10 requires 55JP so if you've capped 1 category, you've more than enough to qualify for SUP1 and 2 categories capped to earn all the gifts they're releasing this update for that job. Considering without botting I soloed enough JP to cap 1 category in about one 4-5 hour session eduring double cp campaign, it should take most casual play about a 3 days of 4-5 hour sessions per day and thats SOLO without double cp.

And SE reneges on their ideas all the time. In a way they're still right in that JP's being capped are not required as 10/10 in all 6 categories is 330 job points to unlock, to get SUP1 only requires 50JP or 15% of total cap, which is about 10hours of casual soloing 114mobs with trusts.

They're not saying capping every category is required to progress, they just want you to buy 50JP worth of upgrades. So Prothescar saying that most jobs have unwanted or useless categories is moot. You only have to cap one of your favorites right now to unlock SUP1, notice how the final gift is at 90JP? Sup2 could be 100JP which is still only 2 out of 6 upgrade categories. They're not forcing you to cap all categories at all.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-28 11:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So going by that translation, it sounds like the gear won't even necessarily be better, just another 119 option. They just wanted there to be a gate to it so you can't 119 yourself out with crafted pieces without having done something. Other 119 gear requires you to complete some content, whether that's Skirmish tiers to upgrade armor, Delve, BCs, Wanted, or even grinding Sparks for pages. That doesn't sound as bad as was first assumed.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-28 11:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So, a lot of the people defending this ***are the same crowd who claimed "if you leeched in abyssea you will never know how to play this gam", el oh el.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-11-28 11:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

So going by that translation, it sounds like the gear won't even necessarily be better, just another 119 option. They just wanted there to be a gate to it so you can't 119 yourself out with crafted pieces without having done something. Other 119 gear requires you to complete some content, whether that's Skirmish tiers to upgrade armor, Delve, BCs, Wanted, or even grinding Sparks for pages. That doesn't sound as bad as was first assumed.

A gate... a gil gate...

x.x

Yuck.

Not everyone can make 20m/week. Yes I know, salvage/dynamis/etcetcetc.... but I have horrible luck with my linens :P
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-28 12:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not a gil gate, a doing something gate. All other 119s require you to do content of some kind; this is no different, it'll require you to grind 50 JPs to be capable of equipping it. We won't know for sure until it's added, but they said the gear "will be relatively easy to synthesize."

Full quote for anyone who doesn't know where to look.

Kincard said:
Gifts (11/28)
We thank the players for their feedback. We will be answering some questions.
The intent of adding magic accuracy bonuses for non-mage jobs was to enhance the accuracy of elemental weapon skills, as well as weapon skill and weapon added effects.
We will be continuing to add more bonuses in the future, and we are currently discussing added new spells and abilities to be unlocked through this system.
For the moment, we do not plan on balancing content with Gift bonuses in mind. Please think of these as bonuses to make content easier. We plan on making it easier to obtain capacity points moving forward. For example, you can increase your gain using items from Incursion, and we plan on adding bonuses through other content in the future.
The content that offer these bonuses will be more casual, and we wish to make it so that players will naturally gain capacity points over time as they play through a variety of content.
We will be adding the attribute "Superior" to certain crafted level 119 armor. Our thought is that in exchange for being available through auction house and bazaar, it will have an additional requirement. The items added in the December update will be relatively easy to synthesize, and will carry the "Su1" attribute. We wish to make it so that items marked as "Superior" will be one of the choices of 119 armor for players.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-11-28 12:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, relatively easy..

Let's hope my 5 in clothcraft is sufficient.

Failing that, I suppose I'll kill stuff for mats/money and pay others who have the patience for crafting to make it for me.

Also, I do note that they specified armor, not weapons.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 17 18