Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-28 12:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:
Farming CP is to unlock spells, abilities, traits, enhancements etc... the bonus is that you can now equip superior gear, thus showing the world you aren't some abyssea burned dipshit with no idea what they're actually doing.
Wat? As it currently stands CP is almost entirely useless for certain jobs. The ONLY reason you would grind CP on jobs like Rng is so you can equip this new level of gear, let's not begin to pretend that CP on some jobs are even close to worth the time.

Sorry, which part of RNG job points are trivial? My EES do 30% more than yours, my overkills take 10% less enmity than yours, my barrage has 30 more ratk than yours, i get a bonus 20 ratk from sharpshot 1/5th of my playtime, and my shadowbind lasts 10 seconds longer than yours. I will concede that I don't get a benefit from the camouflage buff since I am usually in the field of the mobs view to put hate on the tank. The rest of those buffs do not sound trivial to me. If you love a job then you should pimp it out imo.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-11-28 13:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

R-E-L-A-X Hoshi.

What are your doomsday augments?
[+]
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-28 13:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
R-E-L-A-X Hoshi.

What are your doomsday augments?
Pretty sub par last I checked, pretty sure not even sushi and an idris can fix that. Also fiv, new crafted one handed axe to go with your war/rng fencer tp bonus xbow.
[+]
 Sylph.Scummy
Server: Sylph
user: scummy
By Sylph.Scummy 2014-11-28 13:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea v2.0

Job Points. Do You Need it? 1,000,000 Gil/Hour.

After you pay to level a job, you can pay again!

Edit: I better put this in /Sarcasm!!11!! This thread has to much /EMO on both sides of the fence.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-11-28 13:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Scummy said: »
Abyssea v2.0

Job Points. Do You Need it? 1,000,000 Gil/Hour.

After you pay to level a job, you can pay again!

Wow that is pretty Pathetic XD

Seriously bro ?

ppl actually pay for that ? LMAO !!!!!!!!

Tell them to go lvl up a job the hard way.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-11-28 14:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Pretty sub par last I checked, pretty sure not even sushi and an idris can fix that. Also fiv, new crafted one handed axe to go with your war/rng fencer tp bonus xbow.
I need the garuda axe i guess, and ruinator merits, but cp/exp are so hard according to this thread, i don't know where to begin.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-11-28 14:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
They say SUP1 stuff is just going to be 119 crafted stuff on AH.

watch the items all be goldsmithing, so there will be raging over this as well. It would be wonderful to actually see reasonable items to craft that have a 110 skill cap, and have a semi-possible way to obtain the materials. wishful thinking I guess.

please continue doomsayers.
 Bahamut.Greebo
Server: Bahamut
user: greebo
By Bahamut.Greebo 2014-11-28 15:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the CP/JP grind doesn't bother me. I expected at least some grind or actual work/time involved when I signed back up to play this game, which is pretty much how MMORPGs should work, and it's still nothing like the grind of old. The EZMode model most games cater to nowadays is lame. I just hope the gear is worth it and more than just marginal side-grades.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 18:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Quote:
Farming CP is to unlock spells, abilities, traits, enhancements etc... the bonus is that you can now equip superior gear, thus showing the world you aren't some abyssea burned dipshit with no idea what they're actually doing.
Wat? As it currently stands CP is almost entirely useless for certain jobs. The ONLY reason you would grind CP on jobs like Rng is so you can equip this new level of gear, let's not begin to pretend that CP on some jobs are even close to worth the time.

Sorry, which part of RNG job points are trivial? My EES do 30% more than yours, my overkills take 10% less enmity than yours, my barrage has 30 more ratk than yours, i get a bonus 20 ratk from sharpshot 1/5th of my playtime, and my shadowbind lasts 10 seconds longer than yours. I will concede that I don't get a benefit from the camouflage buff since I am usually in the field of the mobs view to put hate on the tank. The rest of those buffs do not sound trivial to me. If you love a job then you should pimp it out imo.

LOL seriously? Do you really think any of that is worth noting?

Your EES that you use, never does more damage? Do you go around EESing mobs for the hell of it?
Your overkills give less enmity when you never pull hate anyway?
20 RATT stop the presses. Do you even use HQ food? Missing that 20 RATT from shitty food anyway most likely.
10 Seconds on shadowbind, woot, amazing. Whens the last time you shadowbound something?
RNG job points are *** worthless. They're toys at best. Which they're SUPPOSED to be.
[+]
By mortontony1 2014-11-28 18:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Because that exists anymore >.>
FFXI is hands down the easiest "hard" MMO I've ever seen, it's insane what people *** about.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-28 18:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »

FFXI is hands down the easiest "hard" MMO I've ever seen, it's insane what people *** about.

FFXI is really just a sociological experiment. Now we hate to make conclusions before all the facts are in but it's pretty safe to say there is enough conclusive evidence to determine that people simply like to ***.
[+]
By mortontony1 2014-11-28 18:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

FFXI is really just a sociological experiment. Now we hate to make conclusions before all the facts are in but it's pretty safe to say there is enough conclusive evidence to determine that people simply like to ***.

I can't say I'm any different, I love to complain about things. It just feels good sometimes. Just the sheer amount of bitching is mind boggling sometimes.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-28 18:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

WE WANT A CLASSIC XI SERVER WHERE YOU HAD TO *** A CRAB BOTH WAYS UP AN EIGHTY FIVE DEGREE INCLINE JUST TO LOGIN.

ABYSSEA KILLED THE GAME.

OH MY GOD DOES SE ACTUALLY EXPECT US TO GRIND JP AT SUCH A SLOW RATE TO PROGRESS? WHAT THE *** I HAVE A LIFE.

*** THIS GAME.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-28 19:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Quote:

Your EES that you use, never does more damage? Do you go around EESing mobs for the hell of it?
20 RATT stop the presses. Do you even use HQ food? Missing that 20 RATT from shitty food anyway most likely.
10 Seconds on shadowbind, woot, amazing. Whens the last time you shadowbound something?
RNG job points are *** worthless. They're toys at best. Which they're SUPPOSED to be.
That is adorable but some of us do fights on VD only and know how to reset one hours in between faster than going into abyssea.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-28 19:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't freaking play If u complain so much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 19:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That is adorable but some of us do fights on VD only and know how to reset one hours in between faster than going to abyssea.

Yup, and you're winning @ 29:59 because of those epic Eagle Eye Shots, gotcha! I'll cap mine out the rest of the way immediately!
[+]
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-28 19:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
That is adorable but some of us do fights on VD only and know how to reset one hours in between faster than going to abyssea.

Yup, and you're winning @ 29:59 because of those epic Eagle Eye Shots, gotcha! I'll cap mine out the rest of the way immediately!
Already burning one hours and reseting for sub 10 min fights why not use ES. Its alright not everyone has to be as bad as you.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-28 19:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You really should retract that statement.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-28 19:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
People don't freaking play If u complain so much.

Complaining is the sincerest form of affection. It's the ex-girlfriend effect dummeh.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-28 19:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more than willing to admit that I was hasty in my speculatory judgments if this 119 crafted gear ends up just being another option for people who... for... some reason can't do skirmish and stuff. Them outright saying that content going forward won't be based around Gifts is settling.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-28 19:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone expected that. Wish they would have said as much from the start.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 19:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I legitimately can't understand why it's still 119. Who would've seriously thought it would not only be crafted, but STILL be 119?

Unless... the NQ is 119 and the HQ is 120 LOL that could re-fire the entire ***storm, and be hilarious at the same time.

How long do we have to wait for empyrean reforge, ffs.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-28 19:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Something doesnt seems right about this idea of 119 craft gear being an easy option for others 119 event gear.

Like, people who cant join delve/skirmish/battlefield should spend countless hours to farm jp to have access to suboptimal gear? Because if people cant do delve/skirmish/battlefield they will never join optimals cp party, and just grind in initial areas, so god knows how long it will take to farm 50 jp with just trusts and eminent gear. Prob will have more than enough spark to fully 119 artifact and relic before they can reach 50 jp.

Obviously, the sp1 gear isnt aimed to casuals. If its, SE did a major miscalculation here, unless the nerf jp.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-28 19:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

idk. farming JPs does take a lot of time yes, however I'm not sure if it takes more time than farming an entire set of 119 gear elsewhere (assuming the crafted stuff is as easy to make as they're saying). though skirmish gear is really quick, so I guess that isn't true.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 19:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It does seem... "odd" right? I mean as you say, no one who can't obtain 119 gear is going to get 50 jp, unless they solo the entire thing.

If it were meant to be the easy way, then it should just be crafted, with no pre-reqs. So, you'd have to assume it's like new Ebody, best in slot etc.

It's weird regardless. Because it's 119 meaning it can't possibly be that much better than other options, so wtf is it going to be.
By Kooljack 2014-11-28 20:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

if you've even remotely played your core 2-3 main jobs through delve/incursion/skirmish spam you should be well on you're way to having the SU requirement complete.

don't worry about job points. just play your favorite jobs for skirmish's/delve spamming and you'll get there before you realize. don't approach it like a chore. just pop your capring and play the damn events we have and you will be on you're way to having the SU requirement met.

Thats the thing valli, you will get the points slowly by virtue of progressing your content obtainment anyways. you guys are blowing this out of the water; about some measly requirement for more then likely a side-grade, or by god a slightly stronger new full time piece of gear, that isn't even necessary to complete content we currently have.

jesus forbid you guys can't equip a piece of gear for your new job by actually doing events for 3-4months on it. seems like the people who 'have' every job leveled and buy their 'wins' are the ones complaining. if you actually play the dam game; this requirement is Novocaine in the big picture of things

@ valli below: pop your ring homie. stop guarding it like a 'precious'. they are 5k sparks to replace. help people do skirmish's. gain money. capacity points. and garner peoples respect all while slowly chucking away at it without it being a chore
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-28 20:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'll be pretty honest here. We do, (usually) 2 delves a day, since CP was introduced. I've gotten... maybe 10 jp total that way. If I were relying solely on content to obtain JP, I'd literally never get 50.

Now, I have over 1000 jp spent. Only 1% of which earned by doing content. You do the math.

If they would give back-credit for the hundred million delves I did before I was burnt out and JP didn't exist, it'd be a completely different story.

I use the ring everytime I go CP farming. Ain't no shouts broseph. We're on a rather small server, comparatively. Population ain't what it used to be (obvious statement is obvious).
By Kooljack 2014-11-28 20:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

if you actually 'play' the game asside leeching ur linkshell's delve runs for your cap gains, you'l hit the requirement eventually. stop being emo over the short term perspective. its something you can't buy a win to, or get overnight. jeeeze talk about an unprecedented crying about having to put some effort into something that you don't want to do.

if you have top tier ACC armor you don't -need- a geo or cor to hit the woh gates mobs
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-28 20:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll hit the requirement easily from doing events that don't give CP? There are certain jobs you literally never take to events that have the ability to give CP, you need to go out of your way to farm CP with those jobs.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-28 20:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll hit the requirement easily from doing events that don't give CP? There are certain jobs you literally never take to events that have the ability to give CP, you need to go out of your way to farm CP with those jobs.

so your only using a certain job for a single, certain event. why you moaning anyways for a single(for now) side-grade(probability is high) piece. good grief. you went through whatever efforts it took to gear that job properly for said event righ? well then; this is no different. you don't have to gain those jp a certain single way.

your also talking out of both sides of your mouth. you're saying some jobs you never take to events; then why you giving a damn about some su peice of equipment for it then. its for the people who've proven themselfs worthy to have that piece of equip. It's for people who don't just play a job for a single event. It's for the people who don't use that job selfishly just to say they 'have' it. If the SU piece of gear is really 'that' game changing you will do what it takes to get it.

Did you ever think that just, just; maybe that is the GOAL & THE reason for implementing new gear this way; to entice people to go pug meriting. it will help with people constantly having merits to spend on HTBCNMs wich in turn livens up the shout community tons

It's something different. new. and exciting. anything new from monthly updates at this point in the game is a bonus. They are adding and adjusting content every update. if this month's flavor doesn't fit your set-in-stone gaming routine then dgaf
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 16 17 18