Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 09:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Mmmm. No. Missed "barring lifers". Sorry.

Prison system is still ***. People who should have it harder don't have it hard enough, people who really shouldn't even be incarcerated have it way harder than they should.
Way to read the whole post man!

orz
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 09:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still waiting Blazed.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-18 09:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This should go to the abyss known as Politricks and religion.

Arguing over a dead lady who murdered a child. Seriously guys come on.

There's plenty of live people to argue pointlessly over on a game forum.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 09:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So was this mad dog put down like she most definitely deserved for needlessly torturing and starving a child to death?

Her execution will give me much needed sustenance.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-09-18 09:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So was this mad dog put down like she most definitely deserved for needlessly torturing and starving a child to death?

Yeah she is super dead.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-09-18 09:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Death penalty, good fine whatever.

Looking more into the story here, there were 6 child abuse investigations that took place before the boy passed away. SIX opportunities for the system to catch this before it cost someone a life.

Sorry if someone else pointed this out already, I tend to not back-read as thoroughly as maybe I should but I wanted to share my disgust with regards to this broken system where I have seen loving parents lose children during brief times of hardship, while horrible monsters like this are allowed to take a life.

*** sad.

Child services in this country has its hands tied so thoroughly it's not even close to okay.

I work with a woman who is a foster mother. She bends over backward for these kids. And then she still has to send them home to their biological parents, who mistreat them, screw with them psychologically, neglect them, let them eat out of the trash as their only means of sustinence in one case.

The court knows all these things.

Won't terminate parental rights, because parental rights > the child's rights.

Seriously.

I couldn't work in child services. I'd hurt people.

Though I do question, what do you mean "lose children during brief times of hardship"?

In my experience you only lose children if you're really *** terrible.

I have seen cases that go both ways. Like you mentioned I have seen terrible parents get their kids back over and over again.

I have also seen a case where a woman lost her three kids because she was unemployed for a period of about a month. Her previous employer, having not received any calls requesting references felt they should call social services. Even though she was providing for the children's basic needs, they determined that the way she was doing it was not sustainable (she was selling her personal belongings) and took the kids. When she got a job, which was within 2-3 weeks of them taking the kids, the state would not give them back. They had all kinds of stupid hoops she had to go through to get them. They wanted her to be employed for 1 month before getting them back, have the home inspected again when that time came, they even required she get a physical performed to show she was physically fit to care for children. It ended up taking her 3 months to get them back.

Maybe there was more going on, someone with a vendetta against her in the SS office, I don't know she never said anything about that. All I know was she was a good mother, the best she could be given the situation, and the system screwed her over.

(This wasn't just something I read about, it was a neighbor when I was growing up, I was friends with her son and she was friends with my own mother)

I've heard of cases like that too.

I know someone who got her kids taken away (they were in bad living conditions) and then they gave her back the kids provided that she cleaned up. Only to have them taken away again. This time she didn't get em back.

My sister works in this field and she has lots of stories, and I've heard many of them. It makes me sad to think that there are parents out there doing stuff to their kids and they fly under the radar until they die, and then there are good parents, trying to provide the best they can, which includes sacrificing even their own needs, and they get the shaft.

I'm a bit emotional when it comes to kids. That little boy was 9 and weighed less than my 3-year-old.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 09:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah she is super dead.

#thread

Now that's one execution I'd sit through.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
Jetackuu said: »
It's not about what they're better off, or revenge, or still an emotional argument, and yes Michi your ethics are *** up.

There is no justice in murder.

So it's ok to just let them get off with a just punishment when they tortured someone? I think they should get that back at them.

I suggest you stop posting replies to me because I'm tempted to shove a proverbial boot up someone's ***. Harming children in any way shape or form fires me up to no end. To starve one to death? Don't even bother trying to reason with me.
Yes, in society people deserve just punishments, if you want to live like a barbarian do it elsewhere.

I'm sorry that you have such a poor response to things, you should apparently take some classes on managing that anger, but your emotional response (while probably justified) is also barbaric, so that quite sums you up.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about what they're better off, or revenge, or still an emotional argument, and yes Michi your ethics are *** up.

So it's ok to just let them get off with a just punishment when they tortured someone? I think they should get that back at them.

I suggest you stop posting replies to me because I'm tempted to shove a proverbial boot up someone's ***. Harming children in any way shape or form fires me up to no end. To starve one to death? Don't even bother trying to reason with me.

I'll go you one further and suggest it doesn't matter whether it's a child or an adult.

Torturing someone to death deserves similar treatment.

A needle is already more mercy than they deserve, but will have to suffice.
It doesn't, two wrongs don't make a right.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Harming children in any way shape or form fires me up to no end.
Unless of course those children happen to be palestinian. Then you're all for it.

Hypocrite
Once again: it's not a place.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Xsoahc said: »
The penalty for such a crime should be euthanasia as is the case here. Saying the state is murdering someone is applying emotion.
Not at all, it's legal murder, their cause of death is murder.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah she is super dead.
Good job society: you murdered somebody, guilty or not, you murdered somebody.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 10:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The penalty for such a crime should be euthanasia as is the case here. Saying the state is murdering someone is applying emotion.

Their cause of death is execution.

"Murder" is an illegal killing.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The cause of death written on their death certificates is murder. (depending on area of course).

edit; trying to find an actual source of this instead of what some people previously posted, going to pull it for the meantime as I'm finding jack. Have fun with your emotional revenge killing though.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 10:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The cause of death written on their death certificates is murder. (depending on area of course).

Then the person filling out their death certificate is either going beyond the scope of their job duty and editorializing the death certificate, or they're selecting a drop down menu on a computer screen and it's the closest thing that fits.

Edit: That or -- doubtful this is the case -- they mean that this person was a murdered and was therefore justifiably executed as such.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-09-18 10:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Too lazy to look further but it seems that not only are the trials more expensive, it costs about 2.3 million dollars to execute somebody in texas (the trial fee may be included in that).

Costs about $62 a day in maximum security in prison (again quick googling, not certain on accuracy), turns out if she lives for 50 years in there it'd come to about just under half the cost of her execution.

So yes, it's cheaper to let them rot in jail than to execute them.
Gotta think of opportunity costs, though. Prisons are overpopulated. *** be getting out early and ***because of this, so have to evaluate how much damage is done when they commit a new crime and got put back in (how much money in damages they did, and the price of the new court they go through) versus just having stayed in their full sentence to begin with (Of course this only applies to reoffenders, lol)

yea, I pulled that out of my ***, but at the end of the day, the best suggestion has been made
North Korean labor camp.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 10:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it amusing that Jet, lord master of personal defense and gun rights (the ability for the individual to protect oneself with lethal force) is trying to moralize on the ability of the state to dole out capital punishment based on the sum will of the people (the legality of capital punishment per state).
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 10:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Too lazy to look further but it seems that not only are the trials more expensive, it costs about 2.3 million dollars to execute somebody in texas (the trial fee may be included in that).

Costs about $62 a day in maximum security in prison (again quick googling, not certain on accuracy), turns out if she lives for 50 years in there it'd come to about just under half the cost of her execution.

So yes, it's cheaper to let them rot in jail than to execute them.
Gotta think of opportunity costs, though. Prisons are overpopulated. *** be getting out early and ***because of this, so have to evaluate how much damage is done when they commit a new crime and got put back in (how much money in damages they did, and the price of the new court they go through) versus just having stayed in their full sentence to begin with (Of course this only applies to reoffenders, lol)

yea, I pulled that out of my ***, but at the end of the day, the best suggestion has been made
North Korean labor camp.

Prison overcrowding would be less of an issue if we'd stop throwing every black guy with a few drug charges in for months to years at a time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 10:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it amusing that Jet, lord master of personal defense and gun rights (the ability for the individual to protect oneself with lethal force) is trying to moralize on the ability of the state to dole out capital punishment based on the sum will of the people (the legality of capital punishment per state).

Right?

Having his cake and eating it too, this one is.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 10:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

First time drug offense charges can be utterly ridiculous.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 10:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Prisons need customers peeps and darkies make for easy, low hanging fruit.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Popular =/= right and I'm for self defense, not killing somebody that's already neutralized as a threat to society.

You can find it amusing all you want.

Oh and inb4 the pro-life crowd talkin' about dead fetuses being murder 'n ***.

also: individual rights>state/federal in my book, always.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Right?

Having his cake and eating it too, this one is.
Not at all, but I don't expect most of you to comprehend.

I would have thought Sparthy would, heh, guess I got that wrong.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-18 10:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Good job society: you murdered somebody, guilty or not, you murdered somebody.

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-18 10:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

because we are all greatly inferior to this gas-station attendant.

don't forget it, you daft ***.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 10:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So many of the people in there on drug charges or repetition of minor criminal charges are literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or at least borderline intellectual functioning. Not to mention have a host of other psychological problems.

They don't need prison time, they need a support structure. Which is why in many cases they actually do well in prison. They get a set schedule. They get their meds. They get structure.

Then they do their nickel and get released and end up right back doing dumb things because they really don't know any different.

When people say "criminals are really stupid," they don't know how literal that statement can be for so many of the repeat offenders of minor crimes.

They're born not that bright in the first place, are raised in terrible environments never given the help they need, and then are set loose on the world as "adults".

But by all means, let's keep incarcerating them and -- worse -- keep them locked up with the actual violent offenders and the like that people don't want to put to death.

You want to talk about cruel and unusual.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 10:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

because we are all greatly inferior to this gas-station attendant.

don't forget it, you daft ***.

Perhaps, perhaps not, nut at least most here aren't low enough to sink to the level of knocking on somebody picking up a part time job to bring in extra $ while they continue to look for work in their actual field, but apparently you are.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 10:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Executions should have no place in our justice system. Period.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 10:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Popular =/= right and I'm for self defense, not killing somebody that's already neutralized as a threat to society.

You can find it amusing all you want.

Oh and inb4 the pro-life crowd talkin' about dead fetuses being murder 'n ***.

also: individual rights>state/federal in my book, always.

What about the individual rights of the tortured, murdered victim to justice?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-18 10:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15