California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 35 36 37
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 10:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
shared culpability

That's a good way to phrase it. but be careful some people cannot hear or rationalize anything aside from what they want to.

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
That's just false

Cue the knee-jerk reaction.

Ramyrez said: »
Let me know when someone you love gets raped, kidnapped, murdered, or otherwise violated by some psychopath, then get back to us.

Sometimes it comes in more venomous forms.
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 10:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There is always shared culpability in all things.

Let me know when someone you love gets raped, kidnapped, murdered, or otherwise violated by some psychopath, then get back to us.

Edit: Then again, judging by the rest of your statement, I'm not sure that "love" is a feeling you're overly-familiar with, so...well, I guess it might be a moot point.
There is always shared culpability in all things. Some time the split is 99% on one party and 1% on the other, sometimes its the reverse.
That's just false unless you consider existing as a part of sharing in the culpability of all things.

The sheep are confusing the wolves for their mommy.

I would care about the people I love, I would not pay attention to legality either. MY kids will always have MY support.

To answer your questions. If my daughter got raped I could go over the event and find things that should have been done differently. Even if she was snatched off the street.

This world we live in is based on power, those with will prey on those without. The weak band together, not out of love but safety. Society is based on this.

You want your loved ones safe, then protect and teach them to minimize dangers.

When dangers creep in responding with appropriate power deters future danger.

The question is not "why did this happen to me/ my loved one?" It is "Do I have enough power to protect MINE? No, How do I get more?"
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 10:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
This is absolutely insane.

Both of you got drunk and had sex, well no worries right? You BOTH rapped each other. Throw that in front of a jury and see how much sympathy they can drum up for the guy.

I guess our prisons weren't crowded enough.

The feminazis are one step closer to their utopia of all men being criminals
Hey man... you're naivety got you into that situation in the first place... you only have yourself to blame...

As usual, efforts to make a point are wasted on you. Is there someone else responsible for your safety aside from yourself?

Yeah, who would have thought that we would live in a society that passes laws would make going out to have a few beers and get laid such a treacherous activity.
You didn't make a point... You just tried to shift blame on to the victim. Just because you don't understand that since someone is drunk or dressed a certain way and at a bar or something doesn't give you the right to *** them doesn't mean anything you're saying is actually valid lol...

You're exaggerating like many of the other people in this thread... This isn't about going out to have a few beers and then crying rape. This is about rape. This about teaching people that it's not ok to *** someone that is unconscious or barely able to walk or speak. This is about cleaning up places like college campus' that literally cover up rape cases to protect the raper or protect the schools reputation. This is about opening up a dialogue.

Idiotic as always.

Pointing out that the guy who was hit by a car J-walking in the street wouldn't have been hit by the car if he wasn't J-walking is not equivalent to "blaming the victim". He is still a victim of some jerk who's too busy to drive carefully, even if he was entirely capable of avoiding the risk to begin with.

I've engaged in the kind of drunk sex where I was too drunk to say no before. I mean like I was still there watching and remembering the show but because I was so intoxicated, I had lost any reserve of self control. I did not plan on having the encounter at the beginning of the night and if I wasn't so intoxicated I would have pushed the girl off me and declined the encounter.

I can see how she certainly took advantage of my drunken state, but I cannot ever rationalize the word "rape" as a description of my experience.

Now that a law like this has passed, I could literally throw the girl in jail for the experience. That's pretty *** up IMO.

A good argument that is based on gender equality backed by a subjective experience that can demonstrate how flawed this law is. But I have the feeling your wasting your time on them. They're so brainwashed they're no longer capable of seeing gender equality for what it should be. Instead they see "Female superiority" and "females are more equal".

Pathetic. Also, who would have thought that I would ever agree with you on anything lol.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-01 10:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There is always shared culpability in all things.

Edit: Then again, judging by the rest of your statement, I'm not sure that "love" is a feeling you're overly-familiar with, so...well, I guess it might be a moot point.
There is always shared culpability in all things. Some time the split is 99% on one party and 1% on the other, sometimes its the reverse.
That's just false unless you consider existing as a part of sharing in the culpability of all things.

The sheep are confusing the wolves for their mommy.

I would care about the people I love, I would not pay attention to legality either. MY kids will always have MY support.

To answer your questions. If my daughter got raped I could go over the event and find things that should have been done differently. Even if she was snatched off the street.

This world we live in is based on power, those with will prey on those without. The weak band together, not out of love but safety. Society is based on this.

You want your loved ones safe, then protect and teach them to minimize dangers.

When dangers creep in responding with appropriate power deters future danger.

The question is not "why did this happen to me/ my loved one?" It is "Do I have enough power to protect MINE? No, How do I get more?"
Agreed. In other words, stop acting like a bunch of lemmings.
Aren't there studies that demonstrate getting drunk and dressing like a tramp in clubs increases your likelihood to be raped?
I doubt young male sex offenders are lining up at Sunday church to scope out the prey.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 10:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

"Victim Blaming" - A buzzword used to devalue any argument that hinges on female personal responsibility.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 10:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
Take something as potent and explosive as a young male's sexual drive, mix it with alcohol, add some eye candy like dancing flirty skimpy dressed 18-25 year old women and expect everything to be as refined as a corporate meeting discussing and negotiating a large sale transaction - sounds like a plan.

Really?

You're going to play the "he couldn't help himself" card? That's physically disproved by millions of people on a daily basis?

Try again.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 10:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
"Victim Blaming" - A buzzword used to devalue any argument that hinges on female personal responsibility.

"Victim blaming" - something people criticize over taking "personal responsibility" for the victim to take away from the personal responsibility of the criminal.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 10:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
who would have thought that I would ever agree with you on anything lol.

You and I probably agree on a few other things. Our agreement is not pathetic in the least.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 10:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I really, really love the people who talk big on internet forums, like they're impressing someone with their faux-alpha wolf status.

Seriously. You're all some hot ***, let me tell you.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 10:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

"Victim blaming" - something people say is about "personal responsibility" for the victim to take away from the personal responsibility of the criminal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

I'd be completely shocked if anyone on any side is advocating for rape. This discussion is pretty clearly about grey-area situations.

If you dress like a ***, get drugged, and get raped, you aren't in any way responsible. This is what "Victim Blaming" is thrown out for.

If you drink like a ***, *** a guy, and regret it upon becoming sober, many would say it's your own fault. This isn't victim blaming, you chose to drink that alcohol knowing how it would impact your ability to make clear decisions. The law's ambiguity turns it into another weapon for the females who aren't ashamed to blatantly use men for what they want.

The really amazing part of all this is how many feminized men will jump all over any opportunity to support a law that's certain to result in the financial ruin and/or imprisonment of many innocents(I'm sure there'll be cases of both genders, but we all know the majority will be men).
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 10:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Crime is an fiction created by society in order for it to function.

Do you or anyone think deeming something criminal deters it from happening? No it does not. The power behind those labeling the crime and their ability to enforce their will does.

Get it straight people Sheep are Food. You act and think like one you will be eaten or worse.

You are only as safe as you make yourself. Your loved ones are included in this.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 10:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's almost as if they think women need special treatment because of their gender. It's almost as if they're sexist.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 10:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The really amazing part of all this is how many feminazied men will jump all over any opportunity to support a law that's certain to result in the financial ruin and/or imprisonment of many innocents
I like this phrase much better.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 10:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's almost as if they think women need special treatment because of their gender. It's almost as if they're sexist.

They are, Feminism, its in the name. I personally am neither pro or against feminism itself.

I am Pro Me. Thus what is best for me and mine is what is best. If you get the shaft due to that, well sucks to be you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 10:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

feminazied men
ftfy
Would have also accepted "prey".

Women have no shame about teaming up for women's rights. So many modern men are so concerned with advocating for women white knighting on a global scale, they're allowing their own liberties to be completely annihilated.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 10:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're a narcissistic ***, like Nausi.

You two will get along classically.
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 10:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

feminazied men
ftfy
Would have also accepted "prey".

Women have no shame about teaming up for women's rights. So many modern men are so concerned with advocating for women white knighting on a global scale, they're allowing their own liberties to be completely annihilated.

So men should team up. Stupid is contagious people.

Again thousands of years ago this crap was already sorted.

But hey modern society is so advanced.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-01 10:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a chair, sat down and started eating popcorn for that?

/disapointed
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 10:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You must be another male feminist. I sure hope your wife never leaves you, because the dating scene you're so eager to condemn might end up your future.

You'll also get to enjoy the fruits of your kinds' labor during the divorce proceedings, fun stuff there.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 10:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You think you are not? Good luck with that. Everyone is out for themselves, just many are delusional and try to fool themselves.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 10:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The *** map that shows sexual predators in California is gonna look like New Orleans during mardi gras lol
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 10:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You think you are not? Good luck with that. Everyone is out for themselves, just many are delusional and try to fool themselves.

Oh, you're so deep and wise and insightful.

Teach me more of your wisdom, oh wonderful alpha prime of men.
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 10:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Delusional is delusional. Needs MOAR POWER.

Sorry friend seems like you got a terminal case of sheepism. Can you knitt me a sweater after your next sheering?
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-01 11:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dress like a ***, get drugged, and get raped, you aren't in any way responsible.

Yeah, those high end red cars are begging to be stolen. I mean, if you didn't want it stolen why would you get it in red? Catches the eye of everyone and there is no one to blame but the person who bought the car. Because seriously it's pretty, just sitting there with the motor purring, tantalizing those car thieves.

These are some of the stupidest arguments I've seen on AH, and frankly, that is saying something.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 11:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Delusional is delusional. Needs MOAR POWER.

Sorry friend seems like you got a terminal case of sheepism. Can you knitt me a sweater after your next sheering?

Would you please masturbate your clearly sensitive ego elsewhere? Try some "men's rights" website. I hear they're good at talking each other up about their insecurities.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 11:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I take that as a compliment coming from you Nausi because if my thoughts were ever associated with yours especially on something like this... god help me...

That's not even a good example. The jay walker isn't even necassarily the victim.

just lol Nausi....

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 11:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Look Nausi... You've said yourself... You know this is a dangerous situation for you now and who else is responsible for your own well being besides yourself? Don't put yourself in that situation and you're fine. Put yourself in that situation and you know you're kinda bringing it on yourself...

You find it easy enough to give part of the blame to someone for getting raped so why is this not your fault at all for knowingly putting yourself in a situation that could lead to the outcome you fear?

I never said it wasn't did I? This is kinda where I point out that you're putting words in my mouth.
You never said it was.

I didn't put any words in your mouth. I just used the same argument you did to blame people for getting raped and used it on the other side.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-01 11:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

shared culpability

That's a good way to phrase it. but be careful some people cannot hear or rationalize anything aside from what they want to.

That's just false

Cue the knee-jerk reaction.

Sometimes it comes in more venomous forms.
It's not a knee-jerk reaction.

What you're advocating with a statement like that is saying that because you own a car, if it gets stolen, you're at least 1% culpable for that.

Because you were out on the road driving lawfully and you and your whole family was killed by a drunk driver you are still someone responsible because you were driving somewhere.

There was a stray bullet that went into a person's home here and killed him while he was watching tv. Was he at least 1% culpable?

Was it little Jenny's fault at age 10 when her father crawled into her bed at night and raped her? Is she held to be held culpable for that?

Unless you're just putting forth that you're own existance, that living on this earth makes you at least 1% culpable for everything that happens then it's a false statement.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 11:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The law as it is written is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like a good deal other laws I have both a son and a daughter of the two I fear more for the son
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 35 36 37