[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-11-20 13:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld crippling leveled up Gallu in legion for 30 seconds followed by Thf stealing its mighty strikes both sound great to me.

If these are the new abilities we have to work with in light of losing embrava, may as well start figuring out how to make them helpful as opposed to bitching about them being added.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-20 13:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Tbh the PLD one should be a normal ability, not an SP

As should the mnk one.

And the rdm one.

The sch one... execution remains to be seen, but I'm not sure how much use it will really have as two hour unless you have a boss that uses one hate reset in a fight.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-20 13:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider they're fixing enmity soon(when?), so new enmity abilities can be very relevant in the future.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-20 13:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They stated more than once that they're fixing the enmity system with the release of Adoulin...when and if they'll deliver however...
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-11-20 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

These SP2s seem to be less useful as 'ohshit' abilities which the SP1s are. The SP2s seem to, rather than strengthen a job at what they're already best at(Chainspell, benediction,mighty strikes) offer unique and interesting tactical advantages(not the rdm one, but the other ones).

Honestly I wish the RDM SP2 was just 30 seconds of continous Elemental Seal. Not like RDM has any spells that can cripple a mob anyway besides Chainspell Stun -- which isn't even as effective as what Astral Conduit+Shocksquall/Chaotic Strike will be like..plus SCH with tabula rasa and the right gear can cast stun every 4 seconds(capped casting speed/fast case,haste,embrava, alacrity with weather and AF2+2 feet) which is better than RDM chainspell. Tabula lasts 3min vs 60 second chainspell, since stun has a 1 second cast and 2 second animation delay before it can be recas.

Tabula+alacrity is SLIGHTLY slower than chainspell stun but since chainspell stunners actually have to stagger their casts(cant just spam because stuns don't overwrite and you'll get a 'no effect' message) they're about equal. SCH has 4 seconds between their Stuns but subtract the 2 second after-cast animation delay, a second or two to wait for stun to wear, and human reaction time, there's almost no difference between Chainspell Stun and tabula rasa+alacrity stun except that tabula lasts 3x longer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-11-20 14:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"Mine's worse than yours.", says the THF to the RDM.
 Seraph.Koroma
Server: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2012-11-20 15:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

well idk if i'd call it good but a massive improvment for bst, their first 2 ideas involed sacrificing your pet, third times the charm i guess.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Taereon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-11-20 16:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ophannus said: »
they should give all jobs their original SP2 for free as 10minute abilities or merit point 3's and let us keep these SP2's. Otherwise seems like a waste of an animation.

Inb4 thief SP2 is renamed to Perfect Steal.

Soulsnatch.
Sounds sexual.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-20 16:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Koroma said: »
well idk if i'd call it good but a massive improvment for bst, their first 2 ideas involed sacrificing your pet, third times the charm i guess.

did you seriously not use a horatio pic

wheres the thumbs down button
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-20 17:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

For players, if Astral Flow wears off before an Astral Flow blood pact executes, the blood pact will fail.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-11-20 18:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
"Mine's worse than yours.", says the THF to the RDM.

Umm no, not by a long shot.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2012-11-20 18:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I see the sch's two hour useful for is that player that pisses you off or you don't like.

In this case the "Taru killer" Hey Mr. Taru, you nuked harder than anyone in alliance. I, now take all this enmity and die in shame.

If the taru s a blm, his only hope is casting warp and running in fear. Any other job, the taru will fall.

Long live Bastok!!!
 Leviathan.Suljin
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2012-11-20 18:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Excpet when the blm uses enmity douse. Which actually could end up being a potentially useful combo. Say you have the worst tank in the world and everyone else has more hate than the loltank, transfer pt enmity to blm and wipe it clean in hopes loltank stops lolling. Plenty of other situations could essentially pop up where tank isn't sucking but something happens (single target hate wipe, tank dies, etc) where this combo would actually be nice.

Although I guess you could just transfer everyones hate to the tank as well, but I'm not sure if thats the best way considering how hate caps work.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-20 19:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also no one ever responded, has anyone tested WHM SP2 on Meteor / Astral Flow damage yet '~'
 Ragnarok.Taereon
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-11-20 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Also no one ever responded, has anyone tested WHM SP2 on Meteor / Astral Flow damage yet '~'
Your posts are usually over my head anyway but how is the new whm ability supposed to affect magic damage?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-20 19:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sort of a longshot and sort of isn't. They said the resistance effect is similar to Fealty. Fealty is advertised as "Grants a powerful resistance to enfeebling magic," similar to the WHM SP2 effect. Fealty also reduces damage from Mijin Gakure, Meteor, and (some?) Astral Flow by a factor of 15/16 (93.75%). This is not reflected in its description.

So it's worth checking.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-11-20 21:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
So thief could steal protect or Chainspell, awesome. If it prioritizes 2 hours first then it could be decent, but if it doesn't this might be the worst new special ability.
Wait till they make it ineffective on anything you`d actually use it on.In the name of Balance.
 Sylph.Katalsar
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2012-11-20 23:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they say that these new 2 hour abilities can be merited?
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-11-21 07:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katalsar said: »
Didn't they say that these new 2 hour abilities can be merited?
Perhaps. But if they are meritable that could go a few ways:
1. the 2hrs are gimped and must be merited for the level of potency/duration advertised by the devs.
2. Increase their duration/potency by minor increments.
3. Recast is lowered per merit.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-21 07:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They said the recast would be meritable down to 30min instead of 1hr.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-21 11:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If they don't tell us what the plan is for the merits beyond lowering the recasts, then it's best we make sure they know shitty SP2s are shitty. For all we know they have merits for the RDM SP2 that would make it amazing somehow, but we can't work off faith, especially given the track record of XI's developers.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-21 12:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They know, the question is whether or not they give a ***. Look at the response to complaints about BLU's SP2.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-21 13:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The original post reached the character limit, so this post will be the third continuation of the original post.

Looking for the first continuation of the OP? Click Here

Looking for the second continuation of the OP? Click Here

11-21-2012 06:07 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New THF SP Ability

Hello, and thanks for your feedback.

There were many questions regarding the BST, THF, and PLD abilities that we discussed yesterday, and we would like to answer some of them individually. Because there were so many questions, we have divided the post into three parts, one for each job.

This first post will be about thief.

Bismarck.Sclud (JP Player) said: »
This effect seems interesting to THF, but would it steal SP abilities in preference to normal abilities?

Yes. If there is more than one effect applied in addition to the SP ability, the ability will steal the SP effect with priority.

Carbuncle.Safety (JP Player, tabataba) said: »
I think it would be good to combine this ability with the previous, so that it could deal severe damage and also steal SP abilities.

Although we can also add damage to this ability, if we did that, we would have to reduce the success rate which was originally 100%, which would add some possibility that the ability could miss.

Also, even if we did that, the amount of damage wouldn't be very large, so we're more focused on the current effect and whether it is good or not.

Shiva.Bluepoppy (JP Player, ricebaaler) said: »
With the new THF Steal SP ability, please make sure that the effect will still work with a full inventory. Thanks.

Please be assured that the effect will work even if your inventory is full.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

11-21-2012 06:07 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New PLD SP Ability

Next up, Paladin.

Asura.Catslave (JP Player) said: »
I still love the sword, but it seems Excalibur and en"light" should go along together and no have to compete.. at least let me know if this is a bug or intention - thanks!

When the target attacks, the ability will function as long as the attack is considered a physical attack. This also includes ranged attacks and special abilities. The ability has no effect on magic damage.

I feel that this ability has no place for PLD. If there is a PLD in the party and the enemy is only weakened for 30 seconds, this functions similar to Sentinel or other abilities like that. It might not make much of a difference depending on the effect.

Against AoE physical damage, for example, even if the PLD uses Sentinel, the other players around the monster will still take full damage. The advantage of this new SP ability is that all players in range are protected from attacks.

Bahamut.Kalkanturbo (JP Player, KalKan-R) said: »
You didn't really give any specific information about how much lower the attack/accuracy go. Rather than the vague statements from before, can you directly announce what the numbers will be?

Although honestly I tried to ask the person in charge to give us more information on this in advance as a guide for comparison, it was difficult to get an exact number. What I did get was the comments below, and hopefully they help.
  • For attack down, the condition would be similar to what would happen if the enemy's attack power was set to 1.

• For accuracy down, the condition is several times higher than a Puk's Obfuscate.

It's also intended that you test this out on the test server and not only compare numbers. We hope you'll give it a try.

Subscribe

11-21-2012 06:08 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New BST SP Ability

Finally, some comments about Beastmaster.

Cerberus.Plecia (JP Player, Buront) said: »
Although you've tentatively confirmed it, will using Charm and Call Beast will recover the three Ready charges? It is possible that a variety of abilities will become useful if that is the case.

Valefor.Jprincess (JP Player, ZARAKI) said: »
The way this SP ability has been proposed, I don't think it will be suitable for solo fights since the pet will have to disappear. In that case, you'll need to be both in a party and prepared to consume a lot of broth to make this useful

We introduced the ability yesterday under the premise that you could use various special skills by switching pets, but this may have been a misleading description of how it works, so I will explain it again (and also correct yesterday's explanation).

Regarding the added TP/charges.
  • The TP is 300 at the moment use you use Charm or Call Beast and this effect will not be reduced for the duration of the ability.

• The recast of Sic and Ready will be zero during this time.

• The maximum charge state is not reduced by using Ready (or Sic) during this time, even with the moves that consume the most charges.

Thus, it is possible to perform special techniques continuously without switching pets. The idea is much the same as Astral Conduit for Summoner.

Carbuncle.Etnya (JP Player, Manta-ray) said: »
I can't just immediately bring a pet out and fight with it. It takes about 10 seconds after Charming a pet before I can "Fight" with it, which means that you can maybe charm or call 5 times (if you're lucky) over the minute this ability lasts.

Without switching pets you can use several abilities in a row even without using the "Fight" command. Additionally, even if you do use the Fight command, since there is also some delay in the execution of the special abilities, we don't imagine that it will present much issue.

If there are no major problems in verifying these abilities, we will be introducing them to the test server tomorrow. Please try them out.

Subscribe

11-21-2012 12:57 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

I’d like to answer some of the questions we have received so far, and also share some feedback with you.

Thief

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Camate, can you ask if the THF SP2 will force an SP steal in the case one is present? This is the only way this ability would be useful, because there's a lot of effects on higher NMs that can't be dispelled through normal means that groups would not want to be targeted through this ability.

In the case there are multiple enhancing effects on your target, the SP ability will be the highest priority when stealing.

Also, I’m sure many of you have encountered issues where your inventory is full and were unable to execute an Aura Steal; however, for this special ability even if your inventory is full you will be able to use it.

Finally, there was a request to make it so this new special ability steals a beneficial effect as well as deals major damage. While this is technically possible, the current effect makes it so the steal is 100% accurate. If we were to tack on the damage effect as well, we would have to change it so there is a possibility of a miss. Also, even if we were to add a damage effect it would not be a very high value.

Paladin

Leviathan.Vandheer said: »
For the Paladin SP, how greatly will it reduce attack damage and accuracy of the target? As Kincard stated if it reduces attack and accuracy enough it can be used to help save a group from being hit by a large AoE attack. If this is the case then the 30 second duration of this debuff and the low damage output may be justified. ^^

It would be really difficult to give a good comparison with actual values since there is no effect that is close to this one; however, consider that the effect will be very close to the below:

• For the weakens attack effect, consider it similar to having your own attack power reduced to 1.

• For the impairs accuracy effect, it will be several folds stronger than Puk’s Obfuscate.

Make sure to try it out on the Test Server so you can get a better idea of this effect’s strength.

Also, while this ability cannot miss, it will not have affect monsters that are Invincible or otherwise immune to damage. Likewise, the effect will only influence physical attacks and will not apply to elemental damage.

Beastmaster

Shiva.Mayoyama said: »
Can you confirm with the dev team that this will not be impeded by the need for "charges" in order to use Ready commands? In other words, will a mob called using Call Beast also receive (in addition to 300tp) the max amount of charges possible as well (currently 3)?

Let me clarify a bit more on how this ability will work…

• When you use Charm or Call Beast, your pet will instantly receive 300 TP, and it will remain at 300 TP while the effect is active and will not decrease.

• The recast timers for both Sic and Ready will become 0 while the effect is active.

• Charges will be set to the maximum, and while the effect is active they will not be consume even when using Sic or Ready.

With that said, if you don’t want to change your pet to use different abilities, it will be possible to use abilities back to back even on a single pet.
Subscribe

11-30-2012 07:14 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New Puppetmaster SP Ability

After discussing all of the feedback we received, we have decided to proceed with the new PUP SP ability reflecting the current test server content.

Separately from this, and also based on feedback we received, we are considering some future adjustments to the ability and I would like to tell you about them.

*Eagle Eye Shot
There has been a lot of demand to improve the power of Eagle Eye Shot, so we have decided to make this adjustment not only for the automaton, but for RNG as well. Since the behavior of the ability is based on the behavior of the ranger ability, we will make the adjustment to both accordingly.

*Strengthening the Automaton's Abilities
There have also been some suggestions to improve or strengthen the normal abilities of the automaton itself, and I believe that this would be better implemented as an improvement to Overdrive rather than the new SP ability. Since we do plan to make adjustments to Overdrive in the future, we will reference your feedback and expect to include this adjustment.

There has been a slight delay in progress, but we will also think about adjustments to attachments in addition to the new SP ability and we will continue to make adjustments while keeping a focus on the bigger picture. Thanks for your continued feedback.

Regarding the New Ninja SP Ability

{{Couple of quoted posts. Both asking for improvements either in duration or the number of hits based on shadow images.}}

Thanks for all of your feedback. We have considered the suggestions we received, and in order to allow players to take better advantage of the ability, we have extended the duration from 30 to 45 seconds.

By increasing the number of attacks during the 45 seconds (also taking into account various support effects and equipment), we feel that you should be able to use at least 3-4 weapon skills in that time.

The fact that you are vulnerable to AoE attacks is unavoidable as that is one of the characteristics of Utsusemi. While Utsusemi can be used defensively while you are under attack, I think this ability will allow you to use it to focus on attacks when you are in a position of greater safety.

Subscribe

11-30-2012 02:03 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

I have some information to share about puppetmaster (and I suppose ranger too indirectly) and ninja.

Puppetmaster
We will be proceeding with puppetmaster’s new special ability as it currently is on the Test Server.

Aside from this, based on suggestions that we received for this new special ability, we are considering some things for future adjustments and would like to share them with you.

• Eagle Eye Shot
    There have been a lot of requests to improve the damage capabilities of Eagle Eye Shot, but we will not be making adjustments specifically for automatons. Since this ability’s owner is the ranger, we are planning to revamp Eagle Eye Shot and we will make the changes to the automaton version based on this.

• Strengthening Automatons
    In regards to suggestions for abilities to strengthen automatons, we believe that instead of having this done via the new special ability it should be realized through Overdrive. In the future, we will be performing adjustments on Overdrive and would like to use your ideas as reference.

We will continue to make adjustments to puppetmaster as a whole including attachment adjustments.

Ninja
Based on feedback, to make better use of ninja’s new special ability we will be increasing the effect duration from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

Though there may be differences depending on equipment and other support effects, the effect of this ability should increase the amount of attack rounds so that you can fire off 3-4 weapon skills in those 45 seconds.
Subscribe
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-11-21 13:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 thief SP2 is renamed to Perfect Steal.

Grand Larceny.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-21 13:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, they made thief somewhat useful on purpose. /shocked

So pld can mitigate dmg while not keeping hate and bst got a semi-zerg ability (albeit on a 30 min to 1 hr timer). I'd say that's a pretty decent upgrade for all jobs involved. Especially considering thf was supposed to get a 1 hr recast sneak attack and bst was supposed to get stoneskin originally.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-21 13:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

These SP2s seem to be less useful as 'ohshit' abilities which the SP1s are. The SP2s seem to, rather than strengthen a job at what they're already best at(Chainspell, benediction,mighty strikes) offer unique and interesting tactical advantages(not the rdm one, but the other ones).

Honestly I wish the RDM SP2 was just 30 seconds of continous Elemental Seal. Not like RDM has any spells that can cripple a mob anyway besides Chainspell Stun -- which isn't even as effective as what Astral Conduit+Shocksquall/Chaotic Strike will be like..plus SCH with tabula rasa and the right gear can cast stun every 4 seconds(capped casting speed/fast case,haste,embrava, alacrity with weather and AF2+2 feet) which is better than RDM chainspell. Tabula lasts 3min vs 60 second chainspell, since stun has a 1 second cast and 2 second animation delay before it can be recas.

Tabula+alacrity is SLIGHTLY slower than chainspell stun but since chainspell stunners actually have to stagger their casts(cant just spam because stuns don't overwrite and you'll get a 'no effect' message) they're about equal. SCH has 4 seconds between their Stuns but subtract the 2 second after-cast animation delay, a second or two to wait for stun to wear, and human reaction time, there's almost no difference between Chainspell Stun and tabula rasa+alacrity stun except that tabula lasts 3x longer.

Excuse my ignorance on SMN job but did I just see that you could chainspell shock squall with the new SMN 2hr?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2012-11-21 13:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The BST one isn't actually that terrible if you don't have to switch out pets. In a pinch, could call out Lulush and spam Wild Carrot until you're healed enough and then just spam Foot Kick/Whirl Claws. That's one way I'd use it, at least.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-11-21 13:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

This first post will be about thief.

This effect seems interesting to THF, but would it steal SP abilities in preference to normal abilities?

Yes. If there is more than one effect applied in addition to the SP ability, the ability will steal the SP effect with priority.

I approve of this information. :)
 Seraph.Koroma
Server: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2012-11-21 15:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, i take back anything negitive i said about bst sp2 giving us sam 2hr+1 lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31