[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-13 15:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

bumping this to the top of the page~ in case people don't look at the bottom of last page

Siren.Kalilla said: »
11-13-2012 07:03 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Sacrosanctity's Targeting

Odin.Amplifier (JP Player) said: »
I tried using the new WHM SP ability to prevent the petrify gaze of Grim Glower from Abyssea - Misareaux's peistes and I got petrified. I think the effect of gaze-based and probably all AoE debuff auras isn't prevented while this new SP is in effect.

{{Couple other quotes with similar ideas}}

The effect imparts a strong debuff resistance equivalent to the PLD job ability Fealty. As far as preventable effects, they are also similar to the ability Fealty, but based on the discussion recently, I believe that most people would also like us to pursue the route where we add resistances to amnesia, terror, death, and doom.

However, it does not prevent status abnormalities that are given by a field effect such as a sphere effect. As in the feedback above, this includes Grim Glower (a gaze effect which debuffs in the target area).

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Bismarck.Vraelia
Server: Bismarck
user: Vraelia
By Bismarck.Vraelia 2012-11-13 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
enhancing > enfeebling anyday.

Not with RDMs, no.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-13 16:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fealty? Has anyone tried WHM SP2 on meteor / astral flow?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-15 11:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

11-15-2012 07:15 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

New SP Abilities to Be Introduced on the Test Server This Week

Hello! In this post, we're announcing the new SP ability effects for corsair, ninja, monk, and red mage, that we plan to introduce on the test server this week. Please review this information and note that it will be reflected on the test server update scheduled for tomorrow. Please test them out and give us your feedback!

Monk
For the duration of the effect, maximum HP is doubled, and HP is fully recovered on activation (duration: 60 seconds). The effect is cumulative with other maximum HP increase effects, such as those from medication. During testing, we confirmed that there were significant issues with the counter ability, so we restructured this ability while maintaining the defensive concept. By increasing the HP it will raise the MNK's endurance as a response to highly damaging abilities.

Red Mage
The next casted enfeebling magic spell will have a significant accuracy boost (duration: 60 seconds).
  • As long as the monster is not completely immune, the spell will be guaranteed to hit (there is still a possibility of half resist).

• There will be no effect if the monster is completely immune.

• The effect ends when an enfeebling spell is cast or when 60 seconds have passed.
    Although this ability cannot be used frequently, it can be used to significantly inhibit the actions of more powerful monsters when you choose to use it.

Ninja
For the duration of the effect, depending on the number of shadow images, the number of attacks per round are increased (duration: 30 seconds).
  • The cumulative effect of this ability, job traits, and equipment will still be limited to a maximum of 8 attacks per round.

• This ability does not apply to weapon skills.

Number of attacks per round is increased based on number of shadow images:

Number of Shadow Images Increase in additional attacks
1 shadow image +1 additional attack
2 shadow images +1~2 additional attacks
3 shadow images +1~3 additional attacks
4 shadow images +1~4 additional attacks
5 shadow images +1~5 additional attacks

We have decided to readjust this ability to focus on attack power. A higher number of shadow images while you are not the current target will allow you to concentrate your attacks more effectively on a target during this SP ability.

Corsair
The recast time of SP abilities will be reduced for target party members within range (instantaneous effect).
  • The amount of reduction depends on the outcome of the roll, with the maximum reduction being half.

Roll results and SP ability recast reduction:

Roll Results SP Ability Recast Reduction
1 -5%
2 -10%
3 -20%
4 -30%
5 -40%
6 -50%

We have changed the effect of this ability to specialize totally in other SP abilities, specifically the ability to use them more frequently. At the moment, there is even a chance that Wild Card can reset the recast on this SP ability. Note that this ability also reduces the recast time of Wild Card, but we have not yet decided for sure whether we want this ability to affect Wild Card or not.

In next week's test server update we plan to introduce the remaining abilities for beastmaster, thief, and paladin.

Subscribe
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-11-15 11:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Hello! In this post, we're announcing the new SP ability effects for corsair, ninja, monk, and red mage, that we plan to introduce on the test server this week. Please review this information and note that it will be reflected on the test server update scheduled for tomorrow. Please test them out and give us your feedback!

Monk
For the duration of the effect, maximum HP is doubled, and HP is fully recovered on activation (duration: 60 seconds). The effect is cumulative with other maximum HP increase effects, such as those from medication. During testing, we confirmed that there were significant issues with the counter ability, so we restructured this ability while maintaining the defensive concept. By increasing the HP it will raise the MNK's endurance as a response to highly damaging abilities.

Red Mage
The next casted enfeebling magic spell will have a significant accuracy boost (duration: 60 seconds).
  • As long as the monster is not completely immune, the spell will be guaranteed to hit (there is still a possibility of half resist).

• The effect ends when an enfeebling spell is cast or when 60 seconds have passed.
    Although this ability cannot be used frequently, it can be used to significantly inhibit the actions of more powerful monsters when you choose to use it.

Ninja
For the duration of the effect, depending on the number of shadow images, the number of attacks per round are increased (duration: 30 seconds).
  • The cumulative effect of this ability, job traits, and equipment will still be limited to a maximum of 8 attacks per round.

• This ability does not apply to weapon skills.

Number of attacks per round is increased based on number of shadow images:

Number of Shadow Images Increase in additional attacks
1 shadow image +1 additional attack
2 shadow images +1~2 additional attacks
3 shadow images +1~3 additional attacks
4 shadow images +1~4 additional attacks
5 shadow images +1~5 additional attacks

We have decided to readjust this ability to focus on attack power. A higher number of shadow images while you are not the current target will allow you to concentrate your attacks more effectively on a target during this SP ability.

Corsair
The recast time of SP abilities will be reduced for target party members within range (instantaneous effect).
  • The amount of reduction depends on the outcome of the roll, with the maximum reduction being half.

Roll results and SP ability recast reduction:

Roll Results SP Ability Recast Reduction
1 -5%
2 -10%
3 -20%
4 -30%
5 -40%
6 -50%

We have changed the effect of this ability to specialize totally in other SP abilities, specifically the ability to use them more frequently. At the moment, there is even a chance that Wild Card can reset the recast on this SP ability. Note that this ability also reduces the recast time of Wild Card, but we have not yet decided for sure whether we want this ability to affect Wild Card or not.

In next week's test server update we plan to introduce the remaining abilities for beastmaster, thief, and paladin.

Subscribe

Damn. No 3rd roll for Corsairs. But ninjas new one looks interesting.
 Odin.Alikhat
Server: Odin
By Odin.Alikhat 2012-11-15 11:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vraelia said: »
I am so glad RDMs are Enfeebling Masters but getting a new 2hr that is focused on Enhancing. ._.
Could have given us a new 2hr that allowed Perfect Enfeebling. What mobs are immune to, this new 2 hr could break through Immunity, and with a stronger duration. <.<

Stupid *** SE, yet again.

[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Red Mage

Subscribe

Looks like you got half of that request. Could at least have made the SP2 ability bypass immunity, though, since it's a one shot thing. ANd half resists can still happen? I'm not even...

I've not played on my RDM for an awfully long time, but somehow I don't think this ability is going to change much, if anything, for it.
By Creecreelo 2012-11-15 11:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So, they gave Rdm a gimpy version of Elemental Seal...?

Wow. X_X
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-11-15 11:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

see you know, if you could fully enfeeb something that was totally immune that would be one thing... but this?

Damn, slow down SE, all these 'Demi God' JA's are gonna totally throw off the balance of the game :P
[+]
By Zeota 2012-11-15 11:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So NIN now has a faster way to proc EV katana in VW.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-15 11:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 'neat' that the nin ja depends on shadows because that make it more specific to the job, but that also makes it totally useless when anything worth fighting just aoe spams (not suggesting you bring a nin to anything worth fighting, but still). And lol at the mnk ja, hundred counters you are not.
 Sylph.Takitu
user: takito
By Sylph.Takitu 2012-11-15 11:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously its just 1 spell and game over? =/ Instead of that why bother just give rdm the ja elemental seal
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Gimp 2012-11-15 12:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
So, they gave Rdm a gimpy version of Elemental Seal...?

Wow. X_X

pretty much, i don't think you could mess up a 2hr idea worse than that doesn't even compare to when call wyvern was a 2hr. Should be greatly enhanced potency for enfeebles and/or duration or bust.

Nin's 2hr should be much longer and would love if they stayed away from shadows and trying to tie them into beneficial effects.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ascadia
Server: Bahamut
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2012-11-15 12:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Red Mage

Subscribe

Seriously? If this JA boosted the effect and duration of the next enfeebling spell, and it stacked with Saboteur, that would be one thing. But this? This is a watered-down elemental seal with a much narrower range of applicability.

The only application I can see for this JA is to land paralyze on ice-based mobs, slow on earth-based mobs, etc.

SE is so out of touch with their own game in some respects. :/
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-15 12:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Please don't quote the entire news post, you can select/copy/paste the text you would like to quote and people will still know what part you're talking about. It just adds an unnecessary length between the news and discussion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-15 12:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

As others have said, the Ninja one loses a lot of its utility because of its short duration and dependence on shadows. They claim you use it when you don't have the monster's attention, but given that every last monster in the game spams AoEs these days it really limits the usefulness of the ability.

The only hope for it is if they decide to have one among the merit enhancements they plan for it be "make Utsusemi eat AOEs with 1 shadow".

Also worth noting that Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists both last 45s and they both probably outdo this new ability by quite a bit.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-11-15 12:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really excited for the MNK one ._.
As a Galka MNK in Abyssea I have roughly 4k HP. With relic gear equipped (and possibly 1 HP atma) I could get 9999 HP without a brew, which is kinda crazy.
Outside Abyssea I'd have 4K HP for a short time, which is just as insane.

I'm really baffled about the RDM one though. Seriously...? So far all JA's look good or at least have potential but this... THIS is just a slap to the face of any RDM out there.

If you're gonna add an ability to make a debuff stick 100%, make sure ANYTHING can stick on ANY enemy. Being able to paralyze II something that's immune to everything would be a BIG help. But no... SE has once again proven that it has no idea how to balance Red Mage. I was under the impression that SE actually listened to the feedback of the fans and/or forums regarding these abilities. Unless they have more tweaks to the debuffing system coming in the future, I fear Red Mage will die out fast...
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-15 12:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They really need to give RDM some JAs or Traits to make them stand out as the undisputed best enfeebler in the game. They should really give them things that let them land enfeebles that other jobs cannot land because of a 100% immunity. Possibly a job trait that gives a 5% chance of landing an enfeeble on a monster that would be otherwise immune. Change Saboteur so that the next spell will also land regardless of immunity. Wouldn't it be cool to land Slow II on a monster that is immune to any type of Slow from any other job? Give them something besides a Tier II version of enfeebles.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-15 12:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor is gonna get the third roll through other means...or at least this is what I gather putting together all the past information.

Rdm is so stupid, why are they so stupid with this job?

Mnk and jinja are ok I suppose(aside from shadows going poof on aoe spamming mobs).
By Gimp 2012-11-15 12:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You know I forgot since I retired Red Mage long ago but think they're expecting you to get tp somehow for Death Blossom THEN use this!

Fwahahahahaha

(I shouldn't laugh too much since this was actually done at 75 cap for hard content though lol!)
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2012-11-15 12:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
I was under the impression that SE actually listened to the feedback of the fans and/or forums regarding these abilities. Unless they have more tweaks to the debuffing system coming in the future, I fear Red Mage will die out fast...

I'd hope so but I'm beginning to wonder...

Quote:
First of all, regarding your feedback that we are using the forums to negotiate updates, this just isn't true. Since the changes we proposed are the result of numerous and repeated studies, we reference the feedback here only to make the proposed adjustments better. If there is a plan to compromise from the beginning, we will let you know from the start.

As frustrating and horrifying as it may sound, they seem to be saying that they don't propose anything without rigorous tests done first. In addition, the only time they'll take feedback is when they ask for it.

I wonder how well that worked for them back in august. BST SP2 tested rigorously was it? Maybe in a theoretical sense but most certainly not in a practical sense.
 Cerberus.Thore
Server: Cerberus
user: thore147
By Cerberus.Thore 2012-11-15 12:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
They really need to give RDM some JAs or Traits to make them stand out as the undisputed best enfeebler in the game. They should really give them things that let them land enfeebles that other jobs cannot land because of a 100% immunity. Possibly a job trait that gives a 5% chance of landing an enfeeble on a monster that would be otherwise immune. Change Saboteur so that the next spell will also land regardless of immunity. Wouldn't it be cool to land Slow II on a monster that is immune to any type of Slow from any other job? Give them something besides a Tier II version of enfeebles.

I always thought RDM should get job traits like that, like every 10 lvls they get a trait that gives +5% acc/duration/strength to enfeebling magic or something.

But yeah... that new 2hr is.... another one on my "Why would anyone use this?" list.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-15 13:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The original post reached the character limit, so this post will be the second continuation of the original post.

Looking for the first continuation of the OP? Click Here

Looking for the third continuation of the OP? Click Here

11-15-2012 12:48 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

With this week’s Test Server update we will be implementing the new special abilities for monk, red mage, ninja, and corsair, so I would like to share with you each of the new effects!

• Monk
    While the effect is active, your max HP will be doubled and upon activating the ability HP will be recovered for the amount that is added.

• The effect will stack with items and other max HP enhancing effects.

Since large problems were discovered through testing for the previous counter effect, we changed the effect while still keeping to the idea of a defensive ability, and made it so there is an HP increase effect to increase your endurance and deal with large damage.

• Red mage
    The next enfeebling magic spell cast will receive a boost in accuracy. (Effect duration: 60 seconds)

• As long as the target does not have immunity, it is guaranteed to land. (There is a possibility for a half-resist)
    • The ability will have no effect on monsters that have immunity.
    • Effect will be removed after 60 seconds or once an enfeeble spell lands.

This makes a 100% accurate enfeebling spell. While it is not something that can be used frequently, by selecting the situations to use it, you will be able to greatly impair and neutralize monsters.

• Ninja
    While the effect is active, depending on the number of shadows, the number of regular attack rounds performed will increase. (Effect duration: 30 seconds)

• The effect will stack with job traits, equipment, and other effects. However, the maximum number of attacks per round is 8.
    • Effect is not applied towards weapon skills.

Number of shadows Increased number of attacks
    1 +1
    2 +1-2
    3 +1-3
    4 +1-4
    5 +1-5

We’ve adjusted this ability to be more focused on attacking. The more shadows you have the stronger the effect will become, so by skillfully not taking the attention of your target or positioning yourself in a good attack position it will be possible to take advantage of this effect.

• Corsair
    Special ability cool down timers for all party members in range will be reduced. (Effect duration: instant)

• Amount of time reduced depends on the number rolled. Maximum reduction is 50%.
    • Effect will not apply to this special ability, including other characters.

Number rolled Reduction
    1 -5%
    2 -10%
    3 -20%
    4 -30%
    5 -40%
    6 -50%

We changed this effect to focus on special abilities. With this effect it will be possible to use special abilities more frequently. Wild Card will completely reset cool down timers at a specific rate, but the new special ability has a guaranteed effect with varying degrees.
    *Currently the above effect will apply to Wild Card as well, but we will be looking into whether this should be changed.

We are planning to add new special abilities for thief, paladin, and beastmaster during next week’s Test Server update.
Subscribe

11-16-2012 04:46 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Testing of New SP Abilities

In today's test server update, the new SP abilities for corsair, ninja, red mage, and monk were introduced. In order to allow for easy testing, the recast time on all SP abilities has been set to 10 seconds. To allow for testing of the new corsair SP, the old corsair SP timer is still set at 1 hour.

Please check out all of the new SPs and give us your feedback.

Additionally, the effect duration for the new monk SP ability has been changed to 30 seconds. This is still reflective of the old duration, and we will consider modifying it in future adjustments with a potential duration of 30, 45, or 60 seconds.

Subscribe

11-16-2012 06:56 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New MNK SP Ability

{{Some guy was quoted here, gave some ideas regarding the MNK SP, including something about increased guard rate}}

Thanks for your feedback. We changed from the counter because we had a challenge with countering in response to differing enemy attack ranges. Since we could not solve this issue with the current battle system, we decided to change the ability.

About guard- it won't be the main effect, but I believe that it might be possible that the benefits of the new SP could be extended to including guarding at some point. However, please consider that ranged attacks cannot be guarded against.

Also, since we will continue these adjustments for some time, please continue to give us your feedback.

(Repeated note about 30 second duration on new MNK SP)

Subscribe

11-16-2012 07:01 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New RDM SP Ability

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to respond to some of your opinions about the new RDM SP ability.

Leviathan.Niuuu (JP Player, pix) said: »
My only thoughts are on the RDM SP ability. Seriously, just one spell? It's like a crappy version of Elemental Seal. Enfeebling magic is weak as it is...maybe either allow for more casts in a shorter duration, or potentially to allow the spell to ignore monster immunity.

Elemental Seal significantly increases magic hit rate, so it can still potentially be impacted by a very highly resistant monster. In the majority of situations where it is difficult to stick an enfeeble, it is because the monster is very highly resistant. In order to be able to stick the spell and ignore the resistance (bypassing Immunobreak), the new RDM SP ability can be used to give the debuff reliably.

As far as immunity goes, we are planning on tuning each monster individually and getting rid of immunity as much as possible. In Voidwatch, Legion, and the Limbus/Einherjar high level expansions, immunities have already been reduced to almost none. We will continue to perform these adjustments to other monsters as well as in all new content.

Regarding the suggestion to allow for spells over a duration instead of just one case, although we have not completely disregarded this option, we want to adjust very carefully as a monster could be quickly debuffed completely and then Stunned continuously for the remaining duration of the ability. We'd be grateful if you'd test out this ability first and then let us know how you feel about it. {{This just in: Stun has a recast timer unless you use Chainspell}}

Also, about your opinion that the effects of enfeebling magic are too weak in the first place, we also want to give enfeebling magic a more noticeable effect and we would like to tackle this in the future as a separate issue.

Phoenix.Ploplo (JP Player) said: »
About the RDM SP ability - will it wear off if the target has total immunity to a spell you cast? That would be kinda dumb, although I guess it can be used to check if a target is immune first.

When an enfeebling spell is resisted completely, the effect will not be lost and will be carried over to the next enfeebling spell. By the way, if a monster is fully resistant to something, the log will have a message that says the target "completely resists" the effect, so you can check this first.

Subscribe

11-16-2012 01:00 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Happy Friday everyone!

The new special abilities mentioned in my post from yesterday have been implemented on to the Test Server. In order to make it easier to test all of these new special abilities, we have set the cool down timers to 10 seconds. (However, since I’m sure you all would like to test out the new special ability for corsair, we left all of the original special ability cool down timers at 1 hour.)

*Monk's new special ability effect duration has been set to 30 seconds, but we will be making changes and testing it with effect duration set to 60 seconds, 45 seconds, and 30 seconds, so there is a possibility that this time is adjusted.

With that said please make sure to test it out as we would love to hear your feedback!

Now then, I have a couple of responses in regards to feedback for the new special abilities announced for monk and red mage.

First, I'd like to give a bit more of an explanation about the decision for monk, as there were comments floating around that the revamp special ability did not fit the original job concept. The counter effect for the new special ability, no matter how we adjusted it to deal with AoE attacks, we just couldn't solve the problem with the current battle specs, so we decided to change direction.

There was also a request to add a counter/guard rate increase when using the new special ability. While this would become the main effect, there is a possibility that we can add an increased guard rate as something that can be done via merit points. (However, please keep in mind guard cannot mitigate AoE attacks.)

Next, on to red mage's new special ability, which is being heavily discussed.

Many people are commenting that the effect is no different than Elemental Seal. While Elemental Seal greatly increases the accuracy of spells, its effect is still limited by resistances, so there are cases where highly resistant monsters will still resist a spell used in conjunction with Elemental Seal. On the other hand, red mage's new special ability will guarantee the spell to land ignoring resistance, so the effect is stronger than Elemental Seal.

The development team has been working on adjustments to greatly reduce monsters with immunity, and nearly all of the monsters that have immunities have been adjusted for Voidwatch, Legion, and the higher-tier Limbus/Einherjar. We will continue to address other monsters for each content. (The ability cannot be used on monsters with immunity; however, the effect will not wear off in these cases and you can use the effect in conjunction with your next spell.)

There have been suggestions to change the ability so you can use it for the entire effect duration, instead of just for a single spell. While we will not rule out this possibility, we would like to make adjustments carefully, since it would then be possible to completely immobilize monsters with enfeebling effects, on top of Chain Spell Stun.

On another note, as there has been a lot of feedback mentioning that there is a problem with enfeebling effects being too weak, we would like to make it so the effects are more apparent, and will be adjusting this moving forward separately from the topic at hand.
Subscribe

11-19-2012 07:01 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Song Casting

Bahamut.Whitez (JP Player, Shantoto) said: »
Complaints about how it's hard enough to keep 4 songs up and it will be basically impossible to keep 5 songs up with Daurdabla plus the new SP for bard, comments about how it's a pain to have to cast songs in a specific order to overwrite others, etc.

We would like to do some tests regarding getting songs with shorter duration to overwrite songs of longer durations, to possibly overwrite based on remaining time rather than overall duration. We need to take abilities like Tenuto into account, so it will take some time to confirm.

In order to have more potent songs overwrite less potent ones we would need to go back for each song and reset the performance individually to make this adjustment, so it would require a significant change. Therefore, unfortunately, it will be very difficult to make this adjustment in the near future.

This may cause some inconvenience, but please understand.

Subscribe

11-19-2012 07:02 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding New Monk SP Ability (continued)

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to give a couple of responses to the discussion.

Asura.Catslave (JP Player) said: »
Although the double HP is interesting, it won't really help if you're tanking and it only lasts one minute, and it won't really matter if you aren't tanking. I don't really see many situations where it will be useful.

We received a lot of feedback about extending the duration of this ability to a few minutes, and we've also received a lot of more general feedback. For now, based on our testing, we're thinking a maximum of 60 seconds for this ability.

The purpose of this ability is not to last for a full battle, but rather to work in tandem with other jobs' SP abilities such as Invincible and Perfect Defense.

Bahamut.Kalkanturbo (JP Player, KalKan-R) said: »
Because of different races, I'd rather that you increase HP by a fixed amount rather than just double it. Since there is a fairly disappointing amount of high level HP gear, if you compare Galka and Tarutaru, it will be a huge difference with the ability active.

We may consider this. Since we would not fully fix the value as it would require a set amount for each level, we may give it a formula like increase HP by "(level x n) + (VIT x n)".

We may include this in the next test server update so we can test the pattern of HP increase.

Please continue providing your comments and feedback!

Subscribe

11-19-2012 07:03 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding New Red Mage SP Ability (continued)

Another translation. I don't know why they responded to this because people obviously aren't reading. They already said that complete immunities wouldn't be affected....

Also, they decided to use these quotes to report a bug in which the ability was actually useful, and let us know that they will stamp it out posthaste.

Sylph.Rakusu (JP Player, Karakuri) said: »
I tested the new SP out on Shinryu. He was completely resistant to Sleep, Sleep II, Bind, Silence, and Break. I think something is bugged. I don't know if it's Shinryu specifically or the new SP.

Thank you for your testing reports.

Due to a bug in the new RDM ability, it is possible that the effect may occur even if an enemy is completely resistant. We are pursuing a fix, but the correct behavior as noted should be that there is no effect if an enemy is completely resistant.

For people who are testing specifically on Shinryu - the complete resistance is correct, and is the present situation. This is because the resistance adjustments of Abyssea monsters have not yet been completed. We will continue to adjust in the future so that monsters are not fully immune to debuffs as much as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Subscribe

11-19-2012 01:33 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

First let me start off by saying that the Community Team understands everyone's concerns with red mage's new special ability and we are doing our best to collect all your feedback and share it with the development team. It might take a bit before we get a solid response, but we will continue to collect and submit everything we see.

While on the topic of red mage, please note that there is currently a bug on the Test Server where enfeebling effects may land on monsters with immunity when using the new special ability and the development team is working to fix it. As announced, this ability cannot be used on monsters with immunity; however, resistance adjustments for Abyssea monsters have not yet been finished and in the future we will be applying adjustments and will be removing a great deal of monsters with immunity.

Next, some more monk feedback.

There were some comments mentioning that monk's new special ability wouldn't help much for tanking since the effect duration is only a minute long. While the development team will continue to adjust the effect duration as testing is performed, they're thinking about keeping the maximum duration at 60 seconds. The effect duration was set this way to act as a method of surviving a crisis, much like Invincible or Perfect Dodge, and not to maintain the increased HP for an entire battle.

Also, there was a request to change the HP increase value to a static number instead of doubling the amount of HP the character has due to differences in races. While we will look into this, by making it a completely static value we will no longer be able to address the HP per level, so the effect would have to be added by either "level x n" or "VIT x n."

As long as we can make it in time, we will switch to a static value increase for the next Test Server update so you can all try this out for a while.
Subscribe

11-19-2012 04:56 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

The core issue here is overwriting songs and there are two factors at play:

1. Depending on what instruments you use there are differences in effects for songs, and songs that are cast later will be shorter.

2. It’s not possible to overwrite songs that have effect durations of 120 seconds or more.

The former factor is something that players have control over via equipment, so we prefer to leave this as it is; since there are times that you will not want songs with weaker effects to take priority.

On the other hand, the latter is something that we would like to adjust and are currently looking into how we can make it so songs with an effect duration of 120 seconds or more can be overwritten. We believe that Tenuto and other elements are a contributing factor to this issue and would like some time to look into this.

On a slightly different note, there was a request to make it easier to distinguish songs that have worn off via the chat log, since in cases when similar songs (i.e. Minuet IV and V) are both on a party member and one of them is removed by Dispel or other means, it’s difficult to discern which of the two was removed. We agree that this would definitely be beneficial and is something that we would like to address if possible; however, it would require the development team to redo the enhancing statuses for each song and level, readjust the stats one by one, and change the song system significantly, so unfortunately it would be extremely difficult to do right away.

We will keep you posted when we receive some new information about the overwriting issue.
Subscribe

11-20-2012 09:59 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator
Testing of New SP Abilities

Here is an overview of the effects of the new beastmaster, thief, and paladin SP abilities that we plan to introduce to the test server in this week's update. Since the effect of all three represent significant changes, we would appreciate it if you would reconsider the effects and give us your feedback again.

Thief
Steal one beneficial status effect granted to the target. (Duration: Instant)
*In addition to the effects that can be stolen by "Aura Steal," SP abilities are also included (new SP abilities are not included).
*If no beneficial effects were on the target, the ability will miss. Recast will still occur if the ability is used and misses.

Paladin
A shield bash effect that significantly reduces the target's melee and ranged accuracy. (Duration: 30 seconds).

This ability can be used as a damage shield as the accuracy down effect will significantly reduce attacks for targets with very high accuracy.

Beastmaster
For the duration of the effect, the success rate of "Charm" is increased, and the recast of "Call Beast" is set to 0. (Duration: 60 seconds)

Furthermore, upon using "Charm" or "Call Beast," the pet's TP will be set to 300 and the recast of "Sic" and "Ready" will be reset.

There is still a need to consume broth for each beast called, but we'd like to make an exception to this so that you can quickly call beasts or charm to use several pet techniques successively from different pets.

Subscribe

11-20-2012 12:24 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

During this week’s Test Server update we will be implementing the new special abilities for the three remaining jobs: thief, paladin, and beastmaster. Below is an overview of each ability.

• Thief
    Steals a beneficial effect from the target. (Effect duration: instant)

• For the effects that can be stolen, in addition to the same ones that are possible with Aura Steal, special abilities can also be stolen. (New special abilities are not included in this.)
    • In the event that there is no beneficial effect on the target, it will result in a miss.
      *In this case the ability will be used and the recast timer will activate.

• Paladin
    Bash the target with your shield dealing damage and significantly reducing close range physical attacks and accuracy. (Effect duration: 30 seconds)

While the damage dealt by your shield is not very high, the reduction in attack power and accuracy is extremely high, which will greatly mitigate attacks.

• Beastmaster
    While active, the success rate of Charm will increase and Call Beast’s recast timer will not activate. Additionally, every time Charm or Call Beast is executed, the pet will have 300 TP and the recast timers for Sic and Ready will reset. (Effect duration: 60 seconds)

Though it will be necessary to consume jugs, it will be possible to use Charm/Call Beast and then Leave at a very high frequency, enabling you to switch out your pets in a short interval of time to use a variety of abilities.

Be sure to try them all out on the Test Server and let us know what you think!
Subscribe

Looking for the OP? Click Here

Looking for the first continuation of the OP? Click Here

Looking for the third continuation of the OP? Click Here
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-11-15 13:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Rdm.

If the new Rdm two hour had been the ability to cast amnesia, even once -- it would have been an amazing supplement to any Mul strategy.

Dunno why I've been on such an Amnesia/Rdm kick recently; maybe it has to do with all of the ***-pounding TP moves SE has become so attached to.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-15 13:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh... confused, are these the new SP abilities or are they just job abilities? Half of these are making me wtf compared to their original forms.

MNK - "Uh, we don't know what to do here, so let's just put in mantra but even more useless"

RDM - "Heard you guys liked elemental seal, so here, have one that you can only use on specific magic that only works every hour."
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2012-11-15 13:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like they forgot you can sub BLM and use Elemental Seal to do JUST what they mentioned. First SP idea now sounds like a great idea.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-15 13:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So this new SP replaces the 3rd roll slot for COR?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-11-15 13:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Good lord, poor RDM.
[+]
 Seraph.Koroma
Server: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2012-11-15 14:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I'll look forward to next week then to yell somemore about how your ideas for bst are the dumbest thing ever since Snowcone Flambé.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 29 30 31