user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-30 14:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

11-30-2012 02:03 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

I have some information to share about puppetmaster (and I suppose ranger too indirectly) and ninja.

Puppetmaster
We will be proceeding with puppetmaster’s new special ability as it currently is on the Test Server.

Aside from this, based on suggestions that we received for this new special ability, we are considering some things for future adjustments and would like to share them with you.

• Eagle Eye Shot
    There have been a lot of requests to improve the damage capabilities of Eagle Eye Shot, but we will not be making adjustments specifically for automatons. Since this ability’s owner is the ranger, we are planning to revamp Eagle Eye Shot and we will make the changes to the automaton version based on this.

• Strengthening Automatons
    In regards to suggestions for abilities to strengthen automatons, we believe that instead of having this done via the new special ability it should be realized through Overdrive. In the future, we will be performing adjustments on Overdrive and would like to use your ideas as reference.

We will continue to make adjustments to puppetmaster as a whole including attachment adjustments.

Ninja
Based on feedback, to make better use of ninja’s new special ability we will be increasing the effect duration from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

Though there may be differences depending on equipment and other support effects, the effect of this ability should increase the amount of attack rounds so that you can fire off 3-4 weapon skills in those 45 seconds.
Subscribe
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-22 11:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate said:
Good morning everyone!

I wanted to share the reasoning as to why the development team chose the path they took for puppetmaster’s new special ability.

The new special ability started with the idea that since the original special ability “Overdrive” had an effect that was common between all automatons, they wanted to go with a slightly different concept and have effects be different based on the type of automaton so that each one could utilize the special ability of the respective job.

Since the special ability data is separate for automatons, it’s possible to make adjustments to certain aspects which should eliminate some of the concerns that there would be no use for these special abilities since automaton’s battle parameters are different.

Also, we are currently looking into adjusting “Overdrive” at the same time the new special ability is added.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-22 11:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pamama uses Eagle-eye Shot.

Missed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-02-22 11:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, my automaton is called Pamama!

(and my wyvern Coco, my pets are exotic fruits <_<)
[+]
 Sylph.Silvra
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-02-22 12:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I really think that Eagle Eye Shot should " Instantly give an enemy the effect of K.O.", and then it just does major damage to NMs or special mobs.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2013-02-22 12:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said: »
The BST one isn't actually that terrible if you don't have to switch out pets. In a pinch, could call out Lulush and spam Wild Carrot until you're healed enough and then just spam Foot Kick/Whirl Claws. That's one way I'd use it, at least.
I'm thinking more 1000 needles. might be time to stockpile Amigo Sabotender before the price goes through the roof
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-22 12:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said: »
Hades.Stefanos said: »
The BST one isn't actually that terrible if you don't have to switch out pets. In a pinch, could call out Lulush and spam Wild Carrot until you're healed enough and then just spam Foot Kick/Whirl Claws. That's one way I'd use it, at least.
I'm thinking more 1000 needles. might be time to stockpile Amigo Sabotender before the price goes through the roof

Reminded me of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 15:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Slycer said:
Mocchi: Random Updates (New SPs and more)

• New SP Effect Limits: You can have one active SP ability 1 effect and one active SP ability 2 effect at the same time. They will stack. However, you cannot have 2 active SP ability 1 effects at the same time. For example, you can't have Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists active at the same time. According to them, this is not a system limitation, but a balance issue. I have no idea why someone was asking about this, the only situation I can see this happening is with a THF stealing SP abilities.

• New PUP SP: Basically saying it's taking forever to adjust because it's like tweaking a whole bunch of SPs at the same time and there are certain issues that need to be taken into account that make it more difficult to adjust than a normal SP used by a PC. They went on to say that it would be too much development time to create a totally new and unique SP ability for each automaton type, but they think that the currently planned abilities will work out and add some unique twists for PUP.

• New MB Costume Belts: Not Rare/Ex. Guess not everyone checks out dat mines so they were just confirming.

• Temporary Campaigns: They will try different things out with the temporary campaigns in order to please as many people as possible. They said the aim of this campaign is not necessarily to provide "better" rewards, but ones that hadn't been there before to possibly spike interest in MB for a while.

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-27 15:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

grats WAR. sorry everyone else
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-27 16:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Azure Lore UL!
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-02-27 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems pretty broken but uhhhh... okay. Good thing they balanced the scenario that would never happen, but not one that actually will happen.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-27 16:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Going through it, I actually wasn't far off. WAR literally is the only job that greatly benefits from linked SPs <_< maybe DNC, RNG, SMN? Doesn't seem so at a glance..
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-02-27 16:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It is possible that they added this to prevent mobs with multiple 2hours (I refuse to call them something else) from using them simultaneously.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-02-27 16:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wish PUP would have gotten something different. :/

Proth, you're obviously missing the benefits of linking NIN's SPs! GAWD!
 Leviathan.Suljin
Server: Leviathan
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2013-02-27 17:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Manafont is pretty useless sadly, and invincible is meh, helpful but not really needed. Everything else is at least beneficial. Now to see what they do with overdrive since it sucks so much.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-27 17:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you mean to say, smn can you know, spam hellfire? and the such :D

edit: would only work in abyssea or vw with temps though :/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [121 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-28 19:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

06-15-2013 01:06 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

We will be adding the new special abilities for all jobs (which includes rune fencer and geomancer) in the version update following August's. Once we have an update on test server implementation, we'll be sure to let you know!
Subscribe
By Quiznor 2013-06-28 19:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Kalila said: »
06-15-2013 01:06 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

We will be adding the new special abilities for all jobs (which includes rune fencer and geomancer) in the version update following August's. Once we have an update on test server implementation, we'll be sure to let you know!
Subscribe

They cant just say september? They must have a "minimum word quota" to fill
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-28 19:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

They cant just say september? They must have a "minimum word quota" to fill
Because then they would give us an expectation of time and they would just be late anyway.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-28 19:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I moved all 5 OPs into a node, so now you all don't have to search through 5 different posts.

Like anyone was doing that <.<
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31