[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-11-21 15:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So like, thf could steal stuff like mighty strikes, neat!
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2012-11-21 15:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

BSTs looks like it could be the best of all three, as it can be used for both offensive and defensive situations (unlike the last two, which were defensive only.)

Lets you use your pet to both debuff and then spam stronger attacks / AoE on stuff, or spam Wild Carrot like Stefanos mentioned.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-21 16:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BST's climbed up to the top 3 of all of these new 2hrs. Tons of applications really.

Eft for chainspell stun and dispel
Lizard for chainspell stun
Rabbit for AoE physical damage and heals
Leech for TP drainkiss spam (effectively could lock down a mob's TP moves)
Turtle for breath
Cactuar for 1,000 needles spam (though good luck doing this if you aren't willing to pony up 30k or so per jug, philosopher stones so high due to panacae)

and the one I dread the most...

Lynx for CW spam

probably more too but I cba to remember any more pets.
 Seraph.Koroma
Server: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2012-11-21 16:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if you could use this to spam/stack fantod on hippogryph pet?
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-11-21 17:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Koroma said: »
I wonder if you could use this to spam/stack fantod on hippogryph pet?
You might get 2 or 3 fantod at best before it attacks again.
By Blazed1979 2012-11-21 17:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

what they have done with thief is marvelous.
can see all the future memes now - "N$%^$* stole my....)"
pvp will be interesting.

I was thinking, why not give RDM mimic as a new ability?
I know the FF purists will call blasphemy giving a blu job ability to rdm, but the job really does need something .... badly.

or they could give rdm a self enhancing spell that is Robert D.Junior full blown retard ....like self enhancing double attack.... nvm
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-22 23:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Monk
While the effect is active, your max HP will be doubled and upon activating the ability HP will be recovered for the amount that is added.
The effect will stack with items and other max HP enhancing effects.

Since large problems were discovered through testing for the previous counter effect, we changed the effect while still keeping to the idea of a defensive ability, and made it so there is an HP increase effect to increase your endurance and deal with large damage.
Do monks actually want a defensive ability? Personally I'd rather have an offensive ability that wasn't semi-worthless due to either marches or embrava =/
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-11-23 07:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
BST's climbed up to the top 3 of all of these new 2hrs. Tons of applications really.

Eft for chainspell stun and dispel
Lizard for chainspell stun
Rabbit for AoE physical damage and heals
Leech for TP drainkiss spam (effectively could lock down a mob's TP moves)
Turtle for breath
Cactuar for 1,000 needles spam (though good luck doing this if you aren't willing to pony up 30k or so per jug, philosopher stones so high due to panacae)

and the one I dread the most...

Lynx for CW spam

probably more too but I cba to remember any more pets.
Ive never seen a BST use CW, how does it compare to a BLU?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-23 09:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Azaron said: »
"resistance adjustments for Abyssea monsters have not yet been finished and in the future we will be applying adjustments and will be removing a great deal of monsters with immunity"

Seriously? Abyssea? wtf Abyssea keep dead ages ago....

Abyssea has monsters that need enfeebling?????? I thought they were all pretty easy...... No offense a MNK can have 7k hp in abyssea rather easily through atma and abyssites So nothing is able to hit hard enough a WHM can't just cure bomb through... and who cares about abyssea adjsutments the entire zones a joke, unless Aldoulin is just a version of abyssea in which case lolz. Rage/quit

Fix Emnity issues, Make evasion not so overpowered and you MIGHT need a use for enfeebling magic, until then Never gunna need a slow 2 from a RDM to make them useful, which lets face it, is supposed to be the enfeebling Master on this game, and unlikely you would take a RDM with CURE 4 for enfeebles over WHM with Cure 6 who can still land a slow 1.. which is still not needed as whm has enough mp to spam cures anyway so again.... What the hell??
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-11-23 09:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lynx CW is very weak, even if used in lolabyssea with the right atma(s) will barely break 800dmg
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-23 22:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Quote:
Monk
While the effect is active, your max HP will be doubled and upon activating the ability HP will be recovered for the amount that is added.

Since large problems were discovered through testing for the previous counter effect, we changed the effect while still keeping to the idea of a defensive ability, and made it so there is an HP increase effect to increase your endurance and deal with large damage.
Do monks actually want a defensive ability? Personally I'd rather have an offensive ability that wasn't semi-worthless due to either marches or embrava =/
Hundred Fists is actually pretty boss even with buffs.
 Sylph.Katalsar
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2012-11-23 22:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they reconsider the SCH 2hr ability.

- A New spells or Omni spells like an omni helix, omni weather would be greatly appreciated.
- Maybe instead of giving just everyone's hate to the designated party member can they get some hate and some extra added benefits.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-26 15:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry for not formatting these, I just don't feel like doing it right now :P...

Slycer Translations

Quote:
Regarding the New PLD SP Ability (cont'd.)

Hello!
Quote:
So, I tried out the new PLD SP ability. Reducing the attack and accuracy down for the monster is helpful for the whole alliance, and so I thought it was better than the previous ability.

However, there was one thing I was worried about that I want to report. When the shield does damage upon using the ability, it seems like "Shield Bash +" equipment effects are not reflected. I can't see any consistency, but I noticed that there was definitely a performance improvement when using Aegis.

{{Goes on with a few specifics about the different equipment pieces he tried that all didn't have any effect.}}
For this SP ability, there is a bonus depending on the different types of shields, and Aegis turns out to have the most damage. Although the damage proportion is different, it might be easier to understand if you look at it along the lines of Shield Bash.

However, the SP ability is treated differently from Shield Bash, so, as you stated above, equipment with "Augments Shield Bash" bonus is not taken into account.
Quote:
Regarding the New THF SP Ability (cont'd.)
Quote:
I just had one thing I wanted to mention. When facing an enemy Samurai, I was not able to steal Meikyo Shisui even after several attempts. Is this a type of ability that is immediately consumed when an enemy triggers it (like Benediction or Eagle Eye Shot)? Of course this ability would not be able to steal instant abilities. I was under the assumpion, though, that Meikyo Shisui had the initial 300% TP bonus but also continued as an effect for 30 seconds to fix WS consumption to 100 TP. Perhaps it's related to the fact that the enemy always used a TP move immediately after using the SP. I'm not really sure what's going on, though, so I just wanted to report this for now.
Thank you for your report.

I checked into this, and because Meikyo Shisui is treated differently when utilized by enemies, it cannot be stolen.

In short, utilizing Meikyo Shisui lines up several TP moves for the enemy but is not treated as a status enhancement.

Please also let it be known that Astral Flow from enemies is treated similarly and also cannot be stolen. (Note that if the target is another player who has actuated the ability, it can be stolen.)
Quote:
Regarding the New BST SP Ability (cont'd.)
Quote:
I tested out the BST SP a little. I understand that the SP does not allow abilities to instantly trigger, but while the ability is supposed to give 0 recast, it seems like there is a hidden recast. For example, after using Wild Carrot, I was not able to use the following technique for 10 seconds....
The effect depends on the individual pet's techniques. There is a difference in the amount of time the effects take to activate, and, therefore, a difference in the amount of time to reuse the skill as a result. To clarify a little, you cannot trigger the following technique while the previous ability's animation is activated until the effect is completed. Please consider that there is a short idling time between potential activations.

Official Translations

Quote:
Hello!
Quote:
Please + this post if you aggree.

Although the New Bst SP 2 ability is a really great ability, There is a small change which would be very good.

Currently, the special ability does NOT reset Call Beast Recast timer.
What it does is prevent the recast timers from activating at all.
This is just right for spamming the moves AFTER you use the special ability, but there is a scenario which will cause this special ability to be largely wasted.

I use Call Beast and right away use the special ability. I will still be able to use many ready moves, but I will NOT be able to change to another Called Beast. The call beast timer is Down, and it will not be back until long after the special ability has expired.

It would be best if using the SP2 for bst also reset the timers when you use it.
This is actually just a bug and it will be corrected so that the timer is reset.

While I am here, I would also like to pass on some other information regarding the new special abilities:

• Paladin
    Depending on the type of shield there will be different damage bonuses, and Aegis has been set to deal the most damage. While the damage comparison may be a bit different, it’d be easier understand this by thinking that it is similar to Shield Bash. However, this special ability is treated differently than Shield Bash, so bonuses granted from any Shield Bash enhancements will not be factored in.

• Thief
    A Japanese player who was testing out thief’s new special ability reported that they were unable to steal Meikyo Shisui and was curious if this was a bug or not.

Due to the fact that the Meikyo Shisui used by enemies is processed in a special way, it is not possible to steal this special ability. The reason for this is that when a monster uses Meikyo Shisui there is no enhancement status, it is only processed as the monster can do X amount of weapon skills after it is executed. Astral Flow also falls into the same category as this, and neither of these abilities can be stolen off of monsters.

[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 16:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there go my dreams of stealng AF before the pact goes off.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-26 16:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Well there go my dreams of stealng AF before the pact goes off.

Meikyo Shusui, triple exten would have been fun, I'm sure as well.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-28 20:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Quote:
Monk

Hundred Fists is actually pretty boss even with buffs.
Unless your at delay cap. Then it's pretty worthless.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-11-28 20:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It increases your attack speed past the delay cap.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-28 21:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 100fist make you attack faster than delay cap? As I recall, if you stack martial arts gear, you can attack 12-14% faster than capped delay attack speed.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-28 21:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless your at delay cap. Then it's pretty worthless.
As mentioned above and in the page I linked, HF allows you to break delay cap.

If anything buffs may still be of value with HF because it helps overcome the "normalized" delay you supposedly suffer after use of a JA, though I don't know if that's still valid in the face of findings regarding static delay. Seems right from my limited memory of lowbie MNK HF.
 Ragnarok.Taereon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-11-28 21:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not being able to steal certain special abilities is dumb they need to give thf a new move then. There aren't any Scholar or Dancer mobs so that's two down. You can't take Sam or Smn so no 'makeyosushi' or astral floor down two more. Benediction, Eagle Eye Shot, Wild Card- all instant. Not to mention I can't remember the last time I've seen a ToAU mob two hour anyway. Mob Dragoons still Call Wyvern so how does that work? I thought this would be interesting but it sounds craptacular the more I think about it.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-28 21:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking Chainspell, Hundred Fists, and Invincible (for what it's worth) and the prioritization of stealing 2 hours make the thf ja worth it. I'll take it over 1 hour cooldown SA TA (what was originally proposed for thf) and many of the other new ja's.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-28 22:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
It increases your attack speed past the delay cap.
I've read many different FFXI forums over the past couple years and this is the first time I've heard of this. I guess it's just something that most players have known since before I started playing.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
As mentioned above and in the page I linked, HF allows you to break delay cap.
It doesn't say that on BG (which I dunno why you would bother linking lol).
By Enuyasha 2012-11-28 22:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Taking Chainspell, Hundred Fists, and Invincible (for what it's worth) and the prioritization of stealing 2 hours make the thf ja worth it. I'll take it over 1 hour cooldown SA (what was originally proposed for thf) and many of the other new ja's.
Wasn't it super Trick Attack :|

But i will do naughty evil things with stealing Mighty Strikes,Blood Weapon, Hundred Fists, and Invincible, Chainspell wouldn't be so attractive for personal use :|
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-28 22:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't say that on BG (which I dunno why you would bother linking lol).
Not sure why the source isn't referenced, will have to add that. Anyway, here.

The key is that it's calculated after Martial Arts, whereas normal delay reduction calculations use your pre-Arts delay to set the delay cap.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-28 22:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that is very interesting. Thank you
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-28 22:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Taking Chainspell, Hundred Fists, and Invincible (for what it's worth) and the prioritization of stealing 2 hours make the thf ja worth it. I'll take it over 1 hour cooldown SA (what was originally proposed for thf) and many of the other new ja's.
Wasn't it super Trick Attack :|

But i will do naughty evil things with stealing Mighty Strikes,Blood Weapon, Hundred Fists, and Invincible, Chainspell wouldn't be so attractive for personal use :|
MS - you will have a lil more crit rate than you would in abyssea.
BW - you will heal yourself. It's not really that evil or naughty
HF - you will feed the mob tp a lot faster, which will probably just get you killed =P
Invincible - an extra Perfect Dodge. Not really naughty or evil either.
Stealing Chainspell would be the one you could do the most dirty work with (assuming you were the appropriate subjob)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-28 23:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty impressive that THF is actually getting a way to feed TP faster than it already does. It's in a pretty unfortunate state, something like 10~15tp/s when being conservative and not bothering to look at my notes because *** it
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-28 23:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope most people aren't looking at this as a benefit for the thief, but more as a benefit for the rest of the group that won't have to deal with these 2 hours in big fights.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 23:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope most people aren't looking at this as a benefit for the thief, but more as a benefit for the rest of the group that won't have to deal with these 2 hours in big fights.

Well stealing MS wouldn't be that bad...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-30 11:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

11-30-2012 07:14 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New Puppetmaster SP Ability

After discussing all of the feedback we received, we have decided to proceed with the new PUP SP ability reflecting the current test server content.

Separately from this, and also based on feedback we received, we are considering some future adjustments to the ability and I would like to tell you about them.

*Eagle Eye Shot
There has been a lot of demand to improve the power of Eagle Eye Shot, so we have decided to make this adjustment not only for the automaton, but for RNG as well. Since the behavior of the ability is based on the behavior of the ranger ability, we will make the adjustment to both accordingly.

*Strengthening the Automaton's Abilities
There have also been some suggestions to improve or strengthen the normal abilities of the automaton itself, and I believe that this would be better implemented as an improvement to Overdrive rather than the new SP ability. Since we do plan to make adjustments to Overdrive in the future, we will reference your feedback and expect to include this adjustment.

There has been a slight delay in progress, but we will also think about adjustments to attachments in addition to the new SP ability and we will continue to make adjustments while keeping a focus on the bigger picture. Thanks for your continued feedback.

Regarding the New Ninja SP Ability

{{Couple of quoted posts. Both asking for improvements either in duration or the number of hits based on shadow images.}}

Thanks for all of your feedback. We have considered the suggestions we received, and in order to allow players to take better advantage of the ability, we have extended the duration from 30 to 45 seconds.

By increasing the number of attacks during the 45 seconds (also taking into account various support effects and equipment), we feel that you should be able to use at least 3-4 weapon skills in that time.

The fact that you are vulnerable to AoE attacks is unavoidable as that is one of the characteristics of Utsusemi. While Utsusemi can be used defensively while you are under attack, I think this ability will allow you to use it to focus on attacks when you are in a position of greater safety.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31