Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-31 13:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
These 2hrs should be meritable too.

Don't give SE another way to have us drown in exp parties until they finish up the next expansion >_>

Dunno about you, but I get my merits from strictly voidwatch. That way I make money too. >_>
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-07-31 13:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If THF is really constant TA then its most damaging ability in game. So probably its not that.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2012-07-31 13:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe they already said the WAR 2hr wasnt gonna affect WS dmg either, so unless they change that it would be a terrible 2hr (and if it shares recast with Mighty Strikes, that alone will make it even more useless)
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-31 13:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't give SE another way to have us drown in exp parties until they finish up the next expansion >_>

Dunno about you, but I get my merits from strictly voidwatch. That way I make money too. >_>

Same here, but after they released the new attribute merits I have reached the point where I no longer want to have to deal with merits, ever.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 13:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

omg some of these looks sick! we can get the gist of them by the translate, but omg yes! sam looks nice, dnc, drg sounds like it might transform wyvern (if not just make it super strong)
By Wigs 2012-07-31 13:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read this forum front to back 3 times now, can somebody explain how everyone getting "formless strikes" or w/e from that loltranslate cause i'm not seeing it.

This is regarding WAR btw..
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-31 13:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate type faster~
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-31 13:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Because a more precise translation should say Non-elemental damage.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-31 13:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, but after they released the new attribute merits I have reached the point where I no longer want to have to deal with merits, ever.

I seem to remember Tier 3 of Job merits being promised. You still have to deal with merits for a time to come. >.>;
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-31 13:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Camate type faster~
wow...
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/26191-New-2-hour-Abilities?p=345425#post345425
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-31 13:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

FINGERS OF FURY
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-31 13:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow bst got shafted...
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-31 13:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

07-31-2012 01:43 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

New 2-hour Abilities

Anyone down for some new 2-hour information on this fine Tuesday?

We introduced two of them during VanaFest, but we just got a hold of the full list!

Currently, we are making adjustments to the effects and running tests on all of these new abilities, and we are planning to implement them in the upcoming test server update. However, as the Development Team is still working on getting all the kinks out, some will not be available right away. They will be doing their best to get as many new 2-hour abilities onto the test server as possible in the next update.

*The name and help text messages for each ability will be tentative when implemented to the test server. Also the effects and their values may be adjusted.

Job Effects
WAR Regular attacks will become non-elemental and grants a drastic increase in accuracy.
MNK Grants a 100% counter-rate against regular attacks from enemies. Also, the amount of enmity gained by this will increase drastically.
WHM Grants party members protection from status ailments.
BLM Grants a drastic decrease in enmity generated by magic attacks.
RDM Grants an increase to the effect and effect duration of enhancing magic.
THF Major damage is dealt to the enemy and all enmity will be transferred to the player standing in front.
PLD Grants an increase to the chance of blocking with a shield and reflects the blocked damage to the attacker.
DRK Steals an enemy's TP through regular attacks while the effect is active.
BST Absorbs the pet and recovers both HP and status ailments. Also, the player will receive a Reraise effect.
BRD Drastically reduces the magic defense, magic evasion, and INT/MND of the target.
RNG The range modifier will become the optimal distance no matter the range to the target. Also, ammunition will not be consumed.
SAM While the ability is in effect, all damage caused by the physical special abilities will be evaded. Additionally, weapon skill damage will increase as more special abilities are evaded.
NIN Grants a drastic increase in parry rate. Additionally, Ninjutsu recast times will be reduced by 50% and ninja tools will not be consumed.
DRG Wyvern’s HP is completely restored and all status ailments are cured. Additionally, the wyvern’s stats will increase.
SMN The recast time of both summoning magic and Blood Pacts will become 0 while under the effect of the ability.
BLU While the ability is in effect, blue magic from Unbridled Learning can be used continuously.
COR Grants the ability to use up to 3 Phantom Roll effects.
PUP Automaton will use special abilities. Special ability usage will depend on the automaton head.Harlequin Head: Mighty StrikesValoredge Head: InvincibleSharpshot Head: Eagle Eye ShotStormwaker Head: ChainspellSoulsoother Head: Benediction (Will only apply to the master and automaton)Spiritreaver Head: Manafont
DNC Grants maximum amount of Finishing Moves and the recast time of all Flourishes will be reset.Additionally, while the ability is in effect, Finishing Move will not be consumed.
SCH Will direct enmity of all party members to an indicated player.
Subscribe

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-31 13:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Zam, close enough.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-31 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so the DNC 2-hour is much less useful than it seemed. It is still better than Trance, though.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 13:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

wow some of those do sound nice, after the full translation
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
Server: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2012-07-31 13:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Most of these things are *** worthless. I am particularly livid about BLU. A 2hr that opened access to all spells would be next to useless as *** on a bull, but they managed to narrow the scope even more to spells that are almost all worthless or situational and that have 30s recast times and massive MP costs attached. Bravo, SE.

I can think of one use of this 2hr. And it's not a very good one, but let's face it, Azure Lore isn't much better. Harden Shell -> Bloodrake -> Bulwark, maybe buys some "*** my life" time? :p I'm trying to be optimistic i really am :(
By Drjones 2012-07-31 13:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus Christ that's a miserable pile of rubbish. SE doesn't know how to do game design. Half of those abilities should never have seen the light of day, much less made it to the design process.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-31 13:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

New RNG two hour technically replaces the old one. I'm happy for this.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2012-07-31 13:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Oh wow bst got shafted...
no it didn't; Could be handy right before your pet dies to give you a benediction effect and enough time to call another pet without getting molested

I can count with one hand how many times I've run into a situation where I would die before my pet, so I'm leaning on the BST getting shafted side as well. That's just me, though.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-07-31 13:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SUM
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-07-31 13:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
SCH Will direct enmity of all party members to an indicated player.

Usefu...oh wait Embrava
By Ophannus 2012-07-31 13:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Was hoping DRG would get the ability to ignore def or massive attack boost. This wyvern stat enhancement better be freakin huge cuz they hit things for like 10-20 damage endgame.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 13:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of these are kind of nice honestly. Pld's reprisal type one isn't bad. Thf's seems kinda cool. Like a big 2-hour TA. Drk's is cool. Mnk is good too (anybody else seeing this as the new way to fell cleave mandies?). These got potential. Can we not ***on them already?
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
Server: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2012-07-31 13:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually really mad about paladin. It's rewarding people who don't have a damn shield. I guess it's okay for Aegis tanking but, depending on how potent that reflect is....

pld got the shaft i think :(
By Fyyvoaa 2012-07-31 13:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of these new ones just sound so lol.

THF sounds like a reworked trick attack, bst just ... lmao... dnc uh ... k... sch ... whoops?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 13:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Mnk is good too (anybody else seeing this as the new way to fell cleave mandies?

So essentially, take the already less effective cleave method and make it worse.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-31 13:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Koconoe said: »
The DRG one sounds absolutely awful.

Unless it turns your wyvern into a Wyrm, I'm inclined to agree.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 13:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Proth
First Page 2 3 4 ... 29 30 31