First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-11-20 03:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Does Scholar's new 2 hour just seem silly to anyone else?

The other thing is... wouldn't it be better as a thf 2hr? I know scholar has Libra and Animus spells, but thf's abilities with hate control can be really really fun.

Steal all of the party's enmity, and then TA the tank.. that could be very potent.

Most of these 2 hours just seem like SE wants to add abilities. Many of them don't seem like they're worth the time to strategize for.
I said this the moment they announced this new 2hr. SE have no idea where they`e going with this, seems like it's their attempt at making Libra useful.
 Odin.Alikhat
Server: Odin
By Odin.Alikhat 2012-11-20 03:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The other thing is... wouldn't it be better as a thf 2hr? I know scholar has Libra and Animus spells, but thf's abilities with hate control can be really really fun.

Steal all of the party's enmity, and then TA the tank.. that could be very potent.

Most of these 2 hours just seem like SE wants to add abilities. Many of them don't seem like they're worth the time to strategize for.

It would be potent if TA worked that way. Unless something changed secretly, TA only transfers the enmity that is generated by the TA'd attack, not the current enmity that belongs to the THF. That would require another ability, or for some buff or augment to TA to be granted along with stealing the enmity. Under the current mechanics, if the party's enmity was high, the THF would probably end up tanking (which has the potential of being fatal) even after the TA that followed.

But I do agree that it would be nice if SE actually thought about party dynamics and why SP abilities should even exist - as desperation moves that are powerful and potentially game changing - rather than trying to fit the job into some kind of concept that always limited by this idea of balance.

The game we're playing and the game they're working on seem to be two different things most of the time.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-20 09:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

11-20-2012 09:59 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator
Testing of New SP Abilities

Here is an overview of the effects of the new beastmaster, thief, and paladin SP abilities that we plan to introduce to the test server in this week's update. Since the effect of all three represent significant changes, we would appreciate it if you would reconsider the effects and give us your feedback again.

Thief
Steal one beneficial status effect granted to the target. (Duration: Instant)
*In addition to the effects that can be stolen by "Aura Steal," SP abilities are also included (new SP abilities are not included).
*If no beneficial effects were on the target, the ability will miss. Recast will still occur if the ability is used and misses.

Paladin
A shield bash effect that significantly reduces the target's melee and ranged accuracy. (Duration: 30 seconds).

This ability can be used as a damage shield as the accuracy down effect will significantly reduce attacks for targets with very high accuracy.

Beastmaster
For the duration of the effect, the success rate of "Charm" is increased, and the recast of "Call Beast" is set to 0. (Duration: 60 seconds)

Furthermore, upon using "Charm" or "Call Beast," the pet's TP will be set to 300 and the recast of "Sic" and "Ready" will be reset.

There is still a need to consume broth for each beast called, but we'd like to make an exception to this so that you can quickly call beasts or charm to use several pet techniques successively from different pets.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-20 09:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So thf is basically a way to dispel Chainspell...Bst sounds ***.
By Quiznor 2012-11-20 09:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like they are giving the new 2 hours to mobs as well
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-20 09:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Alikhat said: »

It would be potent if TA worked that way. Unless something changed secretly, TA only transfers the enmity that is generated by the TA'd attack, not the current enmity that belongs to the THF. That would require another ability, or for some buff or augment to TA to be granted along with stealing the enmity. Under the current mechanics, if the party's enmity was high, the THF would probably end up tanking (which has the potential of being fatal) even after the TA that followed.

But I do agree that it would be nice if SE actually thought about party dynamics and why SP abilities should even exist - as desperation moves that are powerful and potentially game changing - rather than trying to fit the job into some kind of concept that always limited by this idea of balance.

The game we're playing and the game they're working on seem to be two different things most of the time.

Yeah I know Trick Attack isn't a complete hate transfer, was just thinking it could be quite potent if it was, at least under the effects of this SP.

Quote:

Haha, I like this.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-20 09:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said elsewhere, the THF one will only be useful if it forces SP steal in the event it exists. If it does that, I think it'll be pretty useful, actually.
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-11-20 10:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

so after all the ***about "we must think how to handle Plds hate for this SP" we now get "*** it lets just give them Feint lol" ?

FU
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-20 10:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for PLDs to... eva tank? .... .. . /sigh.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-20 10:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well technically if you're not getting hit you're not losing VE...I guess... -_-
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-11-20 10:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap, does this mean THF cam Aura Steal Gallu's Mighty Strikes in Mul now? lol
 Ragnarok.Taereon
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-11-20 10:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf steals Mighty Strikes... that sounds haute.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-11-20 10:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more thinking of the aspect of getting the effect off Gallu quick, someone always gets plinked whenever he pop it lol.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-20 10:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
So thf is basically a way to dispel Chainspell...Bst sounds ***.

Thf/Drk aura steal chainspell then thf uses it to chainspell stun
/trollface
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-20 12:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Official post:

11-20-2012 12:24 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

During this week’s Test Server update we will be implementing the new special abilities for the three remaining jobs: thief, paladin, and beastmaster. Below is an overview of each ability.

• Thief
    Steals a beneficial effect from the target. (Effect duration: instant)

• For the effects that can be stolen, in addition to the same ones that are possible with Aura Steal, special abilities can also be stolen. (New special abilities are not included in this.)
    • In the event that there is no beneficial effect on the target, it will result in a miss.
      *In this case the ability will be used and the recast timer will activate.

• Paladin
    Bash the target with your shield dealing damage and significantly reducing close range physical attacks and accuracy. (Effect duration: 30 seconds)

While the damage dealt by your shield is not very high, the reduction in attack power and accuracy is extremely high, which will greatly mitigate attacks.

• Beastmaster
    While active, the success rate of Charm will increase and Call Beast’s recast timer will not activate. Additionally, every time Charm or Call Beast is executed, the pet will have 300 TP and the recast timers for Sic and Ready will reset. (Effect duration: 60 seconds)

Though it will be necessary to consume jugs, it will be possible to use Charm/Call Beast and then Leave at a very high frequency, enabling you to switch out your pets in a short interval of time to use a variety of abilities.

Be sure to try them all out on the Test Server and let us know what you think!
Subscribe
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-20 12:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So thief could steal protect or Chainspell, awesome. If it prioritizes 2 hours first then it could be decent, but if it doesn't this might be the worst new special ability.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-20 12:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure SE will just make it a random buff.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-20 12:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They should just make it take all the buffs!
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-20 12:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In before THF SP spaghetti code breaks Sagasinger and lets it steal SPs as well. XD
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-11-20 12:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

they should give all jobs their original SP2 for free as 10minute abilities or merit point 3's and let us keep these SP2's. Otherwise seems like a waste of an animation.

Inb4 thief SP2 is renamed to Perfect Steal.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-20 13:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
they should give all jobs their original SP2 for free as 10minute abilities or merit point 3's and let us keep these SP2's. Otherwise seems like a waste of an animation.

Inb4 thief SP2 is renamed to Perfect Steal.

Soulsnatch.
 Sylph.Takitu
Server: Sylph
user: takito
By Sylph.Takitu 2012-11-20 13:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if you are going to be able to steal things like Rashka stance or the full effects of preying posture..
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-20 13:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Takitu said: »
I wonder if you are going to be able to steal things like Rashka stance or the full effects of preying posture..

You can't Aura Steal that so no.

The 2hr is basically Aura Steal + SP abils.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-20 13:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know anymore. So many of these are turning into abilities that are even worse off than their predecessors.

PLD one has potential. If you bring a PLD to anything except Legion to kite

BST one, worse than the last one, which is impressive
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-20 13:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The BST ability is still bad and should just be 30seconds of no timer on Sic/Ready.

PLDs superbash is just long duration flash.

THF is Aura Steal+1 and will be super situational. If a monster has a gimmick attached to a 2hr it'll be a great way to negate that but many 2hrs will be useless to the THF itself.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-20 13:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Should just get Shield strike(conal aoe shield bash) with an extra bonus of a long duration amnesia that can't be resisted.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-20 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh the PLD one should be a normal ability, not an SP
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-11-20 13:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The PLD ability is also a massive attack down as well so if attack is floored, it could greatly reduce aoe physical damage if it does land. The problem is the dangers of most endgame NMs is not their AoE physical abilities but their aoe magical abilities i.e Meteor/Ecliptic meteor/Gates of Hades/Acheron Flame/Nerve Gas/Geirrothr/Gallu ***etc.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-20 13:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ALSO LOL, GOOD LUCK GETTING THE PLD ONE TO WORK SUCKERS. Maybe it'll make them fix additional effects.

I severely doubt it will be a significant enough atk down to floor the monster's ratio. I highly suspect that "extremely debilitating" just means it'll make the mob miss once every 20 attacks and maybe hit for 20 less damage or something.
By Ophannus 2012-11-20 13:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be a unique, special debuff that always lands similar to how the BRD SP2 was going to be a unique enfeebling effect on the target.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31