Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 29 30 31
 Phoenix.Hawkhellfire
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Hawkhellfire 2012-11-15 14:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope cor gets a third roll a different way (something reasonable though). I was most looking forward to that SP. Now it's not bad, but if we can get a perma third roll and this SP, then I'll all for it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-15 14:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They want to attach it to equipment..pray it isn't mythic.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-15 14:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, balancing the new sp based on how good the original is... Chainspell is not THAT good SE.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-11-15 23:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Red Mage
The next casted enfeebling magic spell will have a significant accuracy boost (duration: 60 seconds).

As long as the monster is not completely immune, the spell will be guaranteed to hit (there is still a possibility of half resist).

There will be no effect if the monster is completely immune.

The effect ends when an enfeebling spell is cast or when 60 seconds have passed.
Although this ability cannot be used frequently, it can be used to significantly inhibit the actions of more powerful monsters when you choose to use it.

This... THIS steaming pile of poo is not worthy of being a 2 hour. Perhaps a 15 minuet JA meritable down to 10. I mean its even worse than the old DRG 2 hour "Summon Wyvern".

If they want to give RDM a 2 hour linked to enfeebling (not a bad idea) it should be something like this but duration 30 seconds and insta cast but only for enfeebling magic. Or perhaps a one shot ignores all resistances and immunities with or without criting.

/rantoff

Sorry, my alt is a dedicated RDM.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-15 23:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
If they want to give RDM a 2 hour linked to enfeebling (not a bad idea) it should be something like this but duration 30 seconds and insta cast but only for enfeebling magic. Or perhaps a one shot ignores all resistances and immunities with or without criting.

/rantoff

Sorry, my alt is a dedicated RDM.

This, but it should be next 3 spells. Guaranteed to land, ignoring all resistances. Is there a mob in the game that would just be neutered completely with RDM enfeebs on it? Player enfeebs certainly don't proc like enfeebs the bosses have.

It's a 2 hour, it should be something that strong. It's still definitely nowhere as strong as chainstun.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-11-15 23:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Wow, balancing the new sp based on how good the original is... Chainspell is not THAT good SE.

Well Chainspell only good.. to beat Maat, to Warp your self in a bad moment, and.. hmmm... ... ...
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-15 23:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Chainspell stun.
 Bismarck.Evilbob
user: evilbob3
By Bismarck.Evilbob 2012-11-16 01:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Chainspell stun.

Though smn will have this covered too...
 Ragnarok.Taereon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-11-16 02:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor and Rdm both suck.
By Kayoda 2012-11-16 03:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The Summoner New ability sounds sick having no recast time will own.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-16 04:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Not entirely far fetched given they gave extra songs to a bard through an item.

Access to a 3rd roll from a Death Penalty would make up for its weaker than wildfire ws and make it one of the better mythic choices at last.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-16 05:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM thing is quite possibly the worst idea they've ever had.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 05:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, at least RDM has chainspell.

Be glad it isn't Blood Weapon, which hardly qualifies as a SP ability in this day and age.

As it currently stands you can't use both the abilities at the same time and gain benefits from both.
[+]
By charlo999 2012-11-16 06:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So the enhancing sp changed to this?
There i was getting excited to being super buffed for 10 mins of every hour and now i get a weak elemental seal instead?
RAGEEEEEE
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 06:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd murder people for Chainspell or anything half as good.

DRK and SCH got the ***.
By charlo999 2012-11-16 06:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

TP drain isn't good?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 06:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they should just make absorb-tp better and develop something interesting.
RDM getting ***-seal blows my mind too.

Man this whole SP ability business in regards to SE:

By Ophannus 2012-11-16 06:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

At this rate, THF's new 2hr is DEFINITELY going to be Perfect Steal.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-16 06:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

COR Mythic is completely ***atm though(like other ranged Mythic), I can rarely find a situation that it shines more than an Arma 99, and nobody do QD kiting anymore.

Putting it on Mythic would at least give me motivation to finish it, stuck at 12k~13k alex forever and don't have a reason to keep going ;(

I also find it funny, that player base is against the idea of pimping a shitty weapon. I suggested SE to pimp this weapon for several times on official forum, and the one that's against it is always COR community, not SE(yet).
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-16 06:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
I'd murder people for Chainspell or anything half as good.

DRK and SCH got the ***.
drks new sp ability doesnt look that bad (till they nerf it) for zerg situations with a few dd, granted only 1-2 drks could use it at a time

i dont understand the sch one unless it can put all hate on one char and lock the enmity levels for like 1 minute or something, THAT could be useful

rdm deserves better than elemental seal -1

i was also under the impression that sp abilities were supposed to be unique "save me now" type abilities that also had tactical uses, a lot of these new abilities seem like real shots in the dark made to piss off the player base with some potentially good effects and prenerfing them with short durations or nearly no application for it
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 06:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
i was also under the impression that sp abilities were supposed to be unique "save me now" type abilities that also had tactical uses, a lot of these new abilities seem like real shots in the dark made to piss off the player base with some potentially good effects and prenerfing them with short durations or nearly no application for it

This x 100.

However:

Any ability that requires 2-3 jobs to back me up for it to be "good" is stupid.

I want it to do ***, good ***, when I hit the button. Last more than 30 seconds and be enhanced through the support of others, not essential. Unless it drains 50% of the mobs TP per swing big woop.

It doesn't stack with the other SP as using them at the same time is worthless the implementation is god awful. I'll take anything over another auto-attack 2hr.

DRK deserves better than more 15minute JA's masquerading as SP abilities. They'll eventually make EVERYTHING immune to TP drain as they did during the "immune-to-souleater" trend.

When everyone stares at absorb-tp and goes 'remember when that was good?'
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-11-16 06:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Chainspell stun.

Except it won't work anymore. RDM's dark magic skill is to low now. It's E ranking which at 75 made it somewhat serviceable, but at 99 it's so low that stun starts getting resisted by anything you'd want to stun. SCH/BLM on the other hand has a B in dark magic skill and can pump out a stun every couple of seconds. So it's better to have two or three SCH/BLM's chain stunning then a single RDM/BLM user their 2hr on it.

Just to show how big the difference is at 99

A+ skill @99 = 424
B+ skill @99 = 404
E skill @99 = 300

That is so much magic accuracy that even with stun's built in accuracy bonus and multiple resist tiers, your still looking at complete resists often.
By charlo999 2012-11-16 06:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't the tp drain per hit quite large?
I always saw it as a huge boost with reso spaming with the addition of giving the mob a massive plague effect locking down tp moves.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 06:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Chainspell stun.

Except it won't work anymore. RDM's dark magic skill is to low now. It's E ranking which at 75 made it somewhat serviceable, but at 99 it's so low that stun starts getting resisted by anything you'd want to stun. SCH/BLM on the other hand has a B in dark magic skill and can pump out a stun every couple of seconds. So it's better to have two or three SCH/BLM's chain stunning then a single RDM/BLM user their 2hr on it.

Just to show how big the difference is at 99

A+ skill @99 = 424
B+ skill @99 = 404
E skill @99 = 300

That is so much magic accuracy that even with stun's built in accuracy bonus and multiple resist tiers, your still looking at complete resists often.

No its okay, they'll continue to give you more Dark Magic you shouldn't have, because that totally makes sense based on the magical skill ratings on the job.

As a Dark Knight I'm expecting a !@#$!$ healing spell any day now.
If I could piss on the wall of SE's HQ I would.

RANDOM-***-***FOR EVERYONE, STEP RIGHT UP, REACH IN THE BAG, GET YOUR NEW JA'S.

/fliptable
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-11-16 06:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Even accepting the fact that SE doesn't care about RDM I am in shock over how terrible this new 2hr is. And as "masters of enfeebling", shouldn't RDMs be able to land enfeebles on mobs that aren't immune without using a 2hr?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-16 06:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There's only one important thing in the game you need to chainspell stun, and it has utterly no resistance to stun at all.

Even at 75, you don't CS stun anything that builds resistance to stun to begin with. Maybe it's late, but I have no idea where you're pulling this stuff from. You make it sound like you should nonsensically CS stun anything that moves for lulz's sake.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-16 12:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

11-16-2012 04:46 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Testing of New SP Abilities

In today's test server update, the new SP abilities for corsair, ninja, red mage, and monk were introduced. In order to allow for easy testing, the recast time on all SP abilities has been set to 10 seconds. To allow for testing of the new corsair SP, the old corsair SP timer is still set at 1 hour.

Please check out all of the new SPs and give us your feedback.

Additionally, the effect duration for the new monk SP ability has been changed to 30 seconds. This is still reflective of the old duration, and we will consider modifying it in future adjustments with a potential duration of 30, 45, or 60 seconds.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

11-16-2012 06:56 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New MNK SP Ability

{{Some guy was quoted here, gave some ideas regarding the MNK SP, including something about increased guard rate}}

Thanks for your feedback. We changed from the counter because we had a challenge with countering in response to differing enemy attack ranges. Since we could not solve this issue with the current battle system, we decided to change the ability.

About guard- it won't be the main effect, but I believe that it might be possible that the benefits of the new SP could be extended to including guarding at some point. However, please consider that ranged attacks cannot be guarded against.

Also, since we will continue these adjustments for some time, please continue to give us your feedback.

(Repeated note about 30 second duration on new MNK SP)

Subscribe

11-16-2012 07:01 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New RDM SP Ability

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to respond to some of your opinions about the new RDM SP ability.

Leviathan.Niuuu (JP Player, pix) said: »
My only thoughts are on the RDM SP ability. Seriously, just one spell? It's like a crappy version of Elemental Seal. Enfeebling magic is weak as it is...maybe either allow for more casts in a shorter duration, or potentially to allow the spell to ignore monster immunity.

Elemental Seal significantly increases magic hit rate, so it can still potentially be impacted by a very highly resistant monster. In the majority of situations where it is difficult to stick an enfeeble, it is because the monster is very highly resistant. In order to be able to stick the spell and ignore the resistance (bypassing Immunobreak), the new RDM SP ability can be used to give the debuff reliably.

As far as immunity goes, we are planning on tuning each monster individually and getting rid of immunity as much as possible. In Voidwatch, Legion, and the Limbus/Einherjar high level expansions, immunities have already been reduced to almost none. We will continue to perform these adjustments to other monsters as well as in all new content.

Regarding the suggestion to allow for spells over a duration instead of just one case, although we have not completely disregarded this option, we want to adjust very carefully as a monster could be quickly debuffed completely and then Stunned continuously for the remaining duration of the ability. We'd be grateful if you'd test out this ability first and then let us know how you feel about it. {{This just in: Stun has a recast timer unless you use Chainspell}}

Also, about your opinion that the effects of enfeebling magic are too weak in the first place, we also want to give enfeebling magic a more noticeable effect and we would like to tackle this in the future as a separate issue.

Phoenix.Ploplo (JP Player) said: »
About the RDM SP ability - will it wear off if the target has total immunity to a spell you cast? That would be kinda dumb, although I guess it can be used to check if a target is immune first.

When an enfeebling spell is resisted completely, the effect will not be lost and will be carried over to the next enfeebling spell. By the way, if a monster is fully resistant to something, the log will have a message that says the target "completely resists" the effect, so you can check this first.

Subscribe
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-16 12:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people keep calling these "new 2hrs" when they arent 2hr abilities..../sigh.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-16 12:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

11-16-2012 04:42 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities

• New special job abilities will be introduced.

* These special abilities will not share the same recast time as previous ones.
    * The recast time will be decreased from two hours to one.
    * The abilities displayed with a gray background have not been included in the November 16 test server update.

Job Ability Name Effect Effect Duration
Warrior WAR SP 2 Grants a 100% chance of activating Double Attack. 60 sec
Monk MNK SP 2 Doubles your maximum HP and recovers health equal to this amount at the time of casting.
(Added November 16, 2012)
30 sec
White Mage Asylum Grants a powerful resistance to enfeebling magic and Dispel. 30 sec
Black Mage Subtle Sorcery Decreases enmity generated by magic and increases magic accuracy. 60 sec
Red Mage RDM SP 2 Increases the accuracy of your next enfeebling magic spell cast. Effect expires when either 60 seconds pass or an enfeebling magic spell is cast successfully.
60 sec
Thief - - -
Paladin - - -
Dark Knight Soul Enslavement Auto-attacks absorb target's TP. 30 sec
Beastmaster - - -
Bard BRD SP 2 Allows an additional song to be cast on party members. 180 sec
Ranger RNG SP 2 Halves the delay on ranged weapons.Grants a 100% chance of activating Double Shot and Triple Shot. 60 sec
Samurai Yaegasumi Evades all special attacks that deal physical or magic damage.Enhances the potency of your next weapon skill every time you evade a special attack. 45 sec
Ninja NIN SP 2 Increases your number of auto-attacks based on the number of your shadow images.
30 sec
Dragoon DRG SP 2 Eliminates the recast time of jump abilities. 30 sec
Summoner Astral Conduit Eliminates recast times for Blood Pacts and fully restores MP upon activation. 30 sec
Blue Mage Unbridled Wisdom Allows unlimited casting of blue magic spells that use Unbridled Learning. Additionally, Unbridled Learning will have no recast time. 60 sec
Corsair COR SP 2 Reduces the recast time of party members' special job abilities, excluding yours, based on the number rolled.
Instantaneous
Puppetmaster Heady Artifice Allows automatons to use a special ability that varies by head.Harlequin Head: Mighty StrikesValoredge Head: InvisibleSharpshot Head: Eagle Eye ShotStormwaker Head: ChainspellSoulsoother Head: Benediction (will only affect the automaton and members of its master's party)Spiritreaver Head: Manafont Mighty Strikes: 45 secInvisible: 30 secEagle Eye Shot: InstantaneousChainspell: 60 secBenediction: InstantaneousManafont: 60 sec
Dancer Grand Pas Gives five finishing moves, resets flourish recast timers, and eliminates the cost of finishing moves. Effect ends either when its duration expires or is used three times. 30 sec
Scholar Caper Emissarius Transfers the whole party's enmity to a party member of your choice. Instantaneous

* Abilities implemented on the test server have provisional names, help text, and graphical effects. Actual effects of these abilities may be changed or adjusted.
Subscribe
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-11-16 12:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone clarify nin's new sp? If I have 5 shadows up is it minimum 7 attack round, or is it occasionally attacks 1-5 times?
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 29 30 31