Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-12-05 16:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
wait what? cure V is not the most MP efficient cure and doesn't get much increase beyond 500? Mine do over 1000 and are VERY MP efficient.

At 500 power, when using Light Arts, AF3+2 pants, and 50% cure potency, MP efficiency for Cure V is 15.88 HP per MP, while Cure III and IV are 22.50 and 22.11, respectively. So yes, Cure V is less efficient than the lower tier cures. Cure IV is 39% more efficient that Cure V.

Above 500 power, going up to the max 700 power, Cure V's efficiency increases to 18.28 under the same conditions, for a 15% increase in efficiency. Cure III and IV increase to 30.00, for a 33.33% and 35.7% increase in efficiency, respectively, improving more rapidly than Cure V. Cure IV is 64% more efficient that Cure V at 700 power.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-05 17:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mahoro said: »
That set with -8 Enmity gives me pause. How much -Enmity are people rolling with these days?

There are essentially two non-dozeworthy events for WHM these days where gear min/maxing and performance can really set you apart: Odin v.2 and Legion. In Legion, monsters typically die fast enough so -Enmity doesn't matter. In Odin v.2, however, since it is an old-school endurance fight that can last 15+ minutes, an -Enmity build will matter. Are other people going below -10 gear Enmity?

Tranquil Heart goes a long way to helping with Enmity problems, especially now that it's proven that Healing Magic skill increases the amount of -enmity you get (check here and here). In the few times I have done it Odin v2.0, enmity has never been an issue and I also cure in very little -enmity. Take that with a grain of salt though as my experience with the event is limited. In general, I've cured in very minimal -enmity gear since the advent of Abyssea and have had very little problems with it thus far.

@Jassik

I think you are confusing "power" with "actual healed amount". Power is a rating given to your cures based on your Healing Skill, MND, and VIT with Skill > MND > VIT. Once you have determined power (refer to here if one is unfamiliar with the formula), you can determine how much your cure amount will actually be.

Motenten's post above pretty much sums up my entire train of thought on the topic as well, so I won't go into too much more discussion about that.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-05 17:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It was supposed to be a joke related to a post a while back in someone confusing power vs. hp cured, but it definitely missed the mark. Do you get tranquil heart from whm main or just sub, its been a while.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-05 17:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
It was supposed to be a joke related to a post a while back in someone confusing power vs. hp cured, but it definitely missed the mark. Do you get tranquil heart from whm main or just sub, its been a while.

Ah, well, pardon my ignorance than. ^^ To answer the other part, I believe all classes that get access to the "Cure" spells also get access to Tranquil Heart.
 Valefor.Altheav
Server: Valefor
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2012-12-05 17:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tranquil Heart is received at WHM21, RDM26, SCH30.

And I'm another person who doesn't specifically gear for enmity-. Every since Tranquil Heart was implemented, I've found that it's rare that I grab hate as WHM, even when I'm curing a lot.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-12-05 17:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tranquil Heart's potency scales with healing magic skill, so a career WHM is probably going to gain substantially more from it than a casual healer.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-05 18:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Altheav said: »
Tranquil Heart is received at WHM21, RDM26, SCH30. And I'm another person who doesn't specifically gear for enmity-. Every since Tranquil Heart was implemented, I've found that it's rare that I grab hate as WHM, even when I'm curing a lot.
Ah ok, I always /sch these days and /rdm before that. I knew they both got it, wasn't sure if WHM got it natively.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2012-12-05 18:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
@Crystalchan
I think what you got right now is more than adequate, no matter which way you go. bishop's sash is definitely better than pythia sash +1 for Cures but the uses of Bishop's is limiting compared to Pythia +1, so I'm of opinion that it's not worth the +1 inventory space. Iaso mitra would make everything perfect, as you've mentioned, so I would strive to get that if you can.

I am highly against switching out orison pantaloons +2 for Nares trews. As you've said, the MP return is very nice and I feel is absolutely irreplacable in any Cure set.

I don't think there's too much you can change in your sets. You have all the key components already and what you change will be a matter of playstyle at this point in time. I would consider some Conserve MP pieces if you have a few lying around for Cure V's when you need to use them as it will help bring your MP effeiciency on Cure V's in line with the lower Cure tiers. Last I checked, Cure V gets some pretty minimal increases once you exceed the 500 power threshold, which is not hard at all to do as a WHM.

Could I see your Cure IV and V/VI set? I need to figure out how to make different groups in spellcast so I can take advantage of IV/V and Curaga, as they both use the same set in my spellcast. ;o;

Oh, and I haven't had much enmity trouble, I can't think of any time, except for when people die/hate reset. I haven't had the chance to do Odin V2 yet sadly. :\

Er, last thing! I just noticed Haoma's ring wasn't rare, so I could have two. Do the "enhance cursna" stack? Or would I be wasting my gil getting a second? Thanks for the replies guys :O
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-05 18:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
Could I see your Cure IV and V/VI set? I need to figure out how to make different groups in spellcast so I can take advantage of IV/V and Curaga, as they both use the same set in my spellcast. ;o;

I don't have anything made with the item sets function right now for my support gear, but I'll throw out what I have in my scripts so you can take a gander. Be warned that what you have right now is better than what I currently use. =p I still got some updating to do to my sets, but for the most part, I am content with what I have. Upgrades I can get would be marginal at best, I think.

For regular Cure tiers, I stack "power" items for I-IV and I stack Conserve MP items for my V-VI's.

Cure I-IV

Cure V-VI

Bear in mind Curagas still use the old formula to calculate their power, as such your Curaga sets will be dramatically different compared to Cure sets. Also, you cannot get the Cureskin effect of Afflatus Solace, which will in turn also cause different design decisions.

As such, I stack Conserve MP on my I-III tiers while stacking MND for all it's worth on my IV.

Curaga I-III

Curaga IV

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
Er, last thing! I just noticed Haoma's ring wasn't rare, so I could have two. Do the "enhance cursna" stack? Or would I be wasting my gil getting a second? Thanks for the replies guys :O

I honestly don't think there has been any testing in this regard (or if there has, I have not seen it). It's a little hard to test, I think. There has been confirmation in the past that Healing Skill increases the chance of Cursna removing Doom, so keep that in mind when building your Cursna set versus regular -na sets.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2012-12-05 23:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Curaga IV

Stupid questions below, proceed with caution!
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-05 23:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Orison, unless patched, does give MP back for Curaga, and it is actually an MP gain if you heal enough.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-05 23:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

^ What Tikal said. I'm not sure if you can get back more MP than you spent on the spell, I think the MP restored caps at the total cost of the spell when cast, but I could be mistaken. It never seems like I gain MP when I pop Penury + Curaga IV/Cure V together.

Whether this is intentional or not to have the AF3+2 pants work with -gas, I'm honestly not sure. I won't complain about it though, that's for sure.

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't see second part of the question. -% cure cast time does affect the Curaga tiers as well, so make sure to have them in for your pre-cast set. for -gas as you will need a bit more pre-cast gear to get them off in the same amount of time as you would get your regular Cures off. [/EDIT]
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-12-06 00:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't give more back then it costs, but you can effectively cast it for free with enough people getting cured.
By Arziet 2012-12-06 22:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got my Heka's last night /cheer!

I have been reading through the Whm forums a lot. and want to work on one item set at a time in order to make goals for myself. After a lot of reading this is one of the best "purely" Single target cure sets I could gather together. Did some of the math on it as well. and got...

Taru WHM/RDM +8/8 heal magic merits with no MND merits.

White Magic Spells
Cure 96
Cure II 208
Cure III 478
Cure IV 897
Cure V 1123
Cure VI 1422

EDIT: And forgot to post set lol.

Stats: MND 155 - VIT 83 - Heal Skill 505 - Heal Pot. 50%

Post deleted by User.
By Arziet 2012-12-06 22:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems Bishop's Sash is better then Clerics belt. missed that item lol.

Before I made my set I did math on other folks sets. and I have the set I have posted doing more with no out side buffs just base stats + gear. Can you post what you think to be the optimized single cure set and the supporting calcs/numbers?

I been gone for near 6 years and have been back for 3 months now, so there is so much to catch up on. I am glad they finally made haling magic more useful.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-06 22:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You definitely want to try to fit AF3+2 pants on there if you can, as the MP return is a significant part of your efficiency. I feel Heka's will still be useful until you can round out your set a bit more. Definitely start working on the Cure Potency Magian staff as that is almost half your potency all on a single slot.

It is certainly a good start though. Put those AF3+2 pants in and keep working on it ^_^
[+]
By Arziet 2012-12-06 22:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You definitely want to try to fit AF3+2 pants on there if you can, as the MP return is a significant part of your efficiency. I feel Heka's will still be useful until you can round out your set a bit more. Definitely start working on the Cure Potency Magian staff as that is almost half your potency all on a single slot.

It is certainly a good start though. Put those AF3+2 pants in and keep working on it ^_^

I have the staff started I am on the kill 150 beasts with holy part.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-06 22:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Arziet said: »
I have the staff started I am on the kill 150 beasts with holy part.

I know you mentioned you just returned three months ago, but if you have the Atmas to do so and trust in your skill, you can clear that trial fairly quickly as a solo by mobbing quite a lot beast mobs and using a combination of Cataclysm spam + Banishga in Abyssea - La Thaine.

When I do that, I usually go Hell's Guardian, Minikin Monstrosity, and Beyond. I don't know if it's in your capacity to do so, but if you can, you could probably clear the trial in about an hour and a half.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-07 12:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

@Josi

How effective is it to go into Abyssea with a Hybrid strategy/Atma set like that? Normally, when I was doing the trials leading up to Akra I, I found my most effective means was mobbing in excess of 10+ monsters at a time as WHM/RDM and full timing PDT and firing off a Cataclysm at 100% TP (go go massive TP feed from the tigers!). Once they get down to a certain amount of HP, I just fire off a Banishga II and most of them will die. I can usually net 10 kills per 3-5 minutes (the variance being for repop time and taking time to actually gather up that number). Bear in mind that I did this because my play time is limited and I don't ever like asking for help, lol.

I'm not a big fan of weapon swapping, but I will admit, when I was doing that trial, I had bad memories doing it because I was a scrubby WHM at the time doing trials WHM/SCH since I didn't have Mystic Boon and my melee gear was beyond less than average at the time. So, my opinion in this matter will be highly biased against any sort of weapon swapping.

I do like the pet idea, though I wonder if the pet tigers in those zones are still EP at 99, since it seems like you were doing them when the game was still 75 capped (or close to that number).

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-12-08 04:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, going to split this into 2 parts and this is probably going to be close to a novel as my WHM needs a lot of help.

1. I have been looking though the various set's posted and I have been only using one general cure set and now feel like a total noob. Looking to really improve now I have hit 50% cure pot.

Will start to split my gear into 1-4, 5-6 and curaga sets. The other problem I have is I have never been able to get spellcast to work. =/ This is why I have been using cure clogs in my cure set but managed to script something before that looked like:

fastcast + -cure cast time set
/wait one
healing set

But I would always end up in weird gear to finish (Like a mix of the 2) Should I retry this or just try and master spellcast?

Any advice would be loved ^^

2. I have the usual refresh, cure, enhancing sets that all WHMs should have. But was wondering what more out there sets other WHMs use? As I love my current regen set =) was thinking of adding a full blown out cursna set also.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-12-08 04:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
a MAB set for solace nukes and for the odd magical weaponskill would be potent too if you can hold em

I'm not sure if you know this but healing magic skill has been reworked for single target cures so you can use stuff like tempered cape, a healing magic skill belt and ephedra ring for higher cures than the set you posted (not -gas though)

I did know this just not got round to swapping all the MND gear to healing magic + stuff yet. That is on my WHM to do list and will just put the MND stuff into a para/slow/ss set?

Planning on sorting a solid Cursna set too. So much to do =( (I only have 2 jobs so inventory space is not a huge issue)
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-08 11:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of the MND stuff for Enfeebles, it depends on what you're going against. Now that I've gotten into more high tier content, I've been finding having a combination of MACC + MND equips in the same slots have been more fruitful than going for straight up dMND buids. Prov. Watcher and Legion mobs are primary culprits of this though, as well as VW T3 ZM and T6 Jeuno mobs (I haven't done T2 CoP or ToAU mobs often yet).

You'll find that your Cursna set will be similar to your Cure set with maybe 2-3 swaps (IE, beneficus over Arka IV), so don't have to worry too much about that.

To add to the not gear swap comment, if you have a bit of lag, sometimes it does that. Also (I honestly don't know how much this helps), but I usually do this with my script;

With a /wait 0.2; at the beginning of my CureX.txt script. I dunno how much that helps but it works for me, so it might work for you as well. Be warned that I run in excess 170 scripts because of the way I set it up though (I have gear scripts and than I have scripts for each spell).

And of course, don't forget a nice -DT set when the crap hits the fan. In Legion, with stun locking, if somehow you get an unlucky Death Prophet on your DD line, a WHM can hold the mob (as WHM will most likely be the next highest person on the threat list) and stay alive rather indefinitely until recovery (Unless you get Death Prohpet'd again... lol >>;). Can also be applied to any Mantis mob in VW too =p.

If you got space, doing a pure Fast Cast set wouldn't hurt either for all your non-Cure spells. I also agree with Josi about a magical Weaponskill set as Cataclysm is a great WS to use, especially if you want to be a WHM cleaver (solo cleaving, go!)

Finally, if you have a bit of space, a Conserve MP set is nice to have around, but that's only if you have the space for it.

If I think of more, I'll be back~~ Hope this helps!
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-08 11:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at my stuff I have sets for:
Cure
Curaga (also my solace down cure set)
Regen (haste set+af3+2 hands+af2+2 body)
Idle (refresh gear>pdt/mdt)
Pdt
Mdt
Enhancing (enh. skill pieces)
Stoneskin (enhancing skill/mnd+enhances stoneskin pieces)
Mnd Debuff High Acc(lots of mind, almost no magic acc)
Mnd Debuff Low Acc (focus on magic acc>mnd)
Repose (magic acc+divine)
Sleep (magic acc+enfeebling)
Fastcast(precast set for spells like debuffs/cures, lots of fast cast, no occassionally quickens)
FastcastOQ(precast for non stat dependant spells like haste and nas, includes occ. quickens gear)
Haste(focus on recast for spells like haste, blink)
NaSpell (haste with af3+2 hat)
Cursna (haste set with enhances cursna pieces)
Nuke (mab/magic acc/Mnd)
Devotion (max hp+ gear and Cleric's cap +2)

I'll try to get around to putting them in item sets sometime today.
[+]
By Solrain 2012-12-08 11:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Stoneskin (enhancing skill/mnd+enhances stoneskin pieces)

Small nitpick, but you cap Stoneskin naked, so the MND is doing nothing for you - same with the Enhancing Magic skill (although it contributes to SIR). I'd stick haste/fastcast/CMP stuff in slots that aren't boosted by Stoneskin enhancing pieces.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-08 12:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll definitely update that. It is one of those sets I've had since 75 and just added pieces to it as I got them, never really thinking about it. Thanks^^
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14