First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-08 12:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was sad when I had to drop my hmp set ; ; worked so hard on it.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-12-08 12:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my single target cure set:

Feet have +3% potency and -7% cast time btw. I initially wanted healing magic skill but gave up after 100+ tries.

Recently I've also found myself using Orison Pantaloons +2 instead due to the mp return, since I'm whm almost exclusively for Legion, which can drain my mp rather fast.

Anyone have any good suggestions that could improve this set? And yes, I know I should +1 my AF hands but I never seem to have time to do Limbus. :(
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-08 13:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

@Tamoa

I think that set looks fine aside from the AF3+2 pants. Once you hit a certain tier of Cures, the amount of work you need to improve the amounted healed by 2-3 points is pretty ridiculous.

---

What Sawtelle hit it in the head. As long as you got a lot of the core sets going, you'll find a lot of the gear can be slotted into other sets easily. As it stands right now, I don't get a lot of Healing skill gear because, as mentioned above, once you hit a certain threshold, you can only add so much. When you're strapped for inventory space, you start making concessions to maximize your efficiency with your given inventory. If there s a piece I can put on a slot that only has Healing Skill by a marginal number, I'd rather use a MND piece instead as MND has more relevance to a lot of my sets versus straight Healing Skill.

I am curious though, is there anything one would need an "Occassionally Quickens Spellcast" piece for aside from Haste (and Utsusemi if you do that)? I can't think of anything else that isn't stat dependent that you would use it for. I've never been a fan of that attribute, but I could definitely see it's uses for a Haste cycle. I just don't want to start accumulating pieces for it if the only thing I will use it for is Haste. lol.
By Arziet 2012-12-08 13:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we may be getting closer to perfection: Can we tweek this more to come up with the perfect set?

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-12-08 13:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Occ quickens spellcasting would be useful for Regens also?
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-12-08 13:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dare I ask where Iaso Mitra comes from? (Had a bit of a break from March.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-08 13:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Occ quickens for haste, na spells.

Iaso is a hexed mitra -1 and a L abjuration head which drops from legion.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-12-08 13:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
I use Occ quickens for haste, na spells.

Iaso is a hexed mitra -1 and a L abjuration head which drops from legion.

Thanks, that will probably be on my "I'll aim for that in the future" list. As if I am spending 80-90 mil on cursed -1 items it will probably be SAM legs/hands first :p

Any other of the WHM hexed gear useful then?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-08 13:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Iaso legs are best defensive legs, Iaso feet are herald's gaiters that look like green stipper boots if you are into that kinda thing.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-12-08 14:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Arziet said: »
I think we may be getting closer to perfection: Can we tweek this more to come up with the perfect set?

That set is nearly my ideal too once I get my hands on a Hexed Mitra -1, although I still use Verse Strap +1 and Pythia Sash +1 in the grip/waist slot because something in me cannot give up the placebo effect of extra gear Enmity - (I am on WHM a lot for Odin v2). Maybe I'll come to my senses on Merits/Tranquil Heart :)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-08 14:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be interesting catching up on my whm gear, hopefully I can keep my interests with the game when I come back.

I need to find a fun linkshell on siren though before anything. Without a group I'm sure I'll fail to and move onto something else. That is going to be the most difficult thing for me I think, cause I'd want a group that does current events but has members who aren't jerks and are enjoyable to be around.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-12-08 14:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This would be the perfect set as far as I'm concerned. However, for me personally that Hexed Mitra -1 is out of reach. :(
By Norto 2012-12-08 15:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you'd gain more healing skill overall (while still capping potency) with augmented Zenith pumps +1 with 4% cure potency/healing skill and switching the neck to Colossus's/Healing torque. I know some may prefer to use their pumps for cure casting time, though.
By Eijii 2012-12-08 15:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »

This would be the perfect set as far as I'm concerned. However, for me personally that Hexed Mitra -1 is out of reach. :(
I personally like to cap Cure Potency then go with -cure cast time/Fastcast I believe that cap is -80 Cast time with Fastcast(FC counts towards Cure cast time too but I guess I'm just stating the obvious lol) gear included. It's just a preference of mine.. Cure V's do 1.1k and cure VI do 1.4-1.5 cures with really good speed and often instant cast.. again it's just a preference you play WHM like you want! :D Just thought I'd shared though this was probably already pointed out lol just didn't bother reading anything on this page but most recent.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-12-08 16:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Eijii said: »
I personally like to cap Cure Potency then go with -cure cast time/Fastcast I believe that cap is -80 Cast time with Fastcast(FC counts towards Cure cast time too but I guess I'm just stating the obvious lol) gear included. It's just a preference of mine.. Cure V's do 1.1k and cure VI do 1.4-1.5 cures with really good speed and often instant cast.. again it's just a preference you play WHM like you want! :D Just thought I'd shared though this was probably already pointed out lol just didn't bother reading anything on this page but most recent.

I don't know about others here, but I use spellcast and my set is what I actually end my casting in, I have an entirely separate precast set. As for instant cast, I assume you mean "occasionally quickens spellcasting", and personally I really dislike that for cures since it means you lose the cure potency and everything else that enhances your cures.
[+]
By Eijii 2012-12-08 17:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use (I dont know how to make it pop up here lol) It works best for me but If I learn one day how to use spellcast I'll give it a shot Cure Set
Also got a set that supports AF3+2 body but I just keep it simple these days since all i do is abyssea and limbus nothing big at all.. Change of tactics would change if I were doing something serious.
By Eijii 2012-12-08 17:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I use this precast set in a regular windower macro or will it only work with spellcast?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-08 17:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You could use a precast set using normal macros, there was an example a page back:

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
I usually do this with my script;
exec WHM/Gear/FastCure.txt;
wait 0.1;
input /ma "Cura III" <me>;
exec WHM/Gear/CureX.txt;

You could use console execs, waits and magic in a in game macro instead of in a script if you preferred.
By Eijii 2012-12-08 19:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

okay~ thx for the tip~!
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-08 23:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would change this set from being the ideal set. In the odd chance that you're going in with Afflatus Solace down, you can change the set greatly, but chances of Solace being down are very low in any serious support situation. In a Solace down scenario, I'd imagine the Heka set posted earlier would be best (after changing the pants to AF3+2 of course).

@Sawtelle

Wouldn't -nas go off so fast anyway that the use of Quicken Cast be negligible at best anyway? I know it's a nitpick, but I am curious about it.

Though that brings up a though to use Quicken Cast gear for Sacrifice and Esuna. Having started Legion, 6 second Sacrifices (thanks to Embrava) have been quite potent in specific scenarios.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-08 23:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I only toss it in because Occ. Quickens isn't a detrimental stat. specifically would matter for Erase, Esuna, Sacrifice more than paralyna or something that. The only spell I'd be really happy when it proced on would be Arise if multiple DDs get messed up by a death profit or something.

Edit: I absolutely forgot quick magic affected casting time and completely misinterpreted that question. I use it for the recast, not so the spells cast faster. Back to Back erases or something can be beneficial.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-12-08 23:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally speaking, I find quick magic to be far more useful for recast purposes than casting reductions.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-09 01:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that rational. I wonder if I can make space for the 2-3 pieces of gear that has those stats. The more I look at it, the less adverse I am for it to be used in that capacity. Thanks for the pointers~
By Norto 2012-12-09 03:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted earlier but forgot to quote this item set, but augmented Zenith Pumps +1 with cure potency +4% and healing skill +5-6 augment and swapping Phalaina Locket to Colossus's Torque should beat it for single target cures. Would be 2-3 skill versus 3 MND in that set (unless curing yourself for the cure amount received bonus).
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 03:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments >:|
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-12-09 07:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Augments >:|

This.

In 100+ tries I never once saw healing magic skill on my NQ zenith feet.
By Arziet 2012-12-09 09:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, This augmenting system is rather annoying and irrational. Which is why I was tending to stay away from it. after 6 years though I am still using the old school note pad scripts + windows macros.

/console exec Whm/Fast.txt
/ma "Cure V" <t> <wait 1>
/console exec Whm/Heal.txt

I would like to get to know how to use spell cast in near future.

~ in another note.

Clothcraft - (108)
Leathercraft(??),Goldsmithing(??)

Gold Thread

Kukulkan's Skin ~ Kukulkan Abyssea - Konschtat

Muculent Ingot ~ Blobdingnag(VNM)

Serica Cloth ~ Provenance - Beguiling Radiance

Working in low man the Kuku Skin, and Blob/Ingot should not be hard to get. Also I would hope that as many more people strive to kill and gather all the goods from Prov the Cloth will come down a little in price. As it stand right now on most servers it is still about a 1M/gil crafters chance. The issue as always is none really want to purchase the NQ (as I hear they can not even be augmented?) so for crafters to take a chance at this is incredible investment. If you can find a nice friend with the skill to make you might be able to gather materials and have them attempt for you (tip of course). In the long run could get lucky and only spend a couple Mil.
By Norto 2012-12-09 14:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments can definitely be a pain, I just figured I'd mention it as an option since it's marginally better. The question was posed if the set could be improved upon, but I'd be more than content with the locket/Rubeus set.

There isn't a hot enough fire for that pixie to die in, though, ugh.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-12-11 10:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set I'm using right now:

Personally, I prefer the Enmity-3 of the Verse Strap +1 over the extra potency of the healing skill grip. Same with Pythia+1, I prefer the extra Conserve MP and enmity down over the 5 healing skill of Bishop's Sash.

I also prefer to do Orison Cape/Novia Earring/Augur's Gloves vs. Tempered Cape/Orison Earring/Healer's Mitts+1. Basically trading 14 healing skill for 4 enmity down and 1 more cure potency. (Note that you need 51% potency to hit the actual cap, similar to haste).

The reason for stacking all this enmity down is that I'm not always in Abyssea or Voidwatch. Lately I've been doing a lot more Legion (in a group with no Summoners) so healing needs are pretty high. I still sometimes pull hate on Gallu early in the fight because he drops damage so quickly.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14