Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 14:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Caelir said: »
Fenrir.Minjo said: »

As far as this game is concerned, "not enough people" involves having fewer than 4-5 able bodies. If that's the case, its time to make new friends, not rely on poorly designed jobs.

let me guess, your still stuck in the world of abyssea?

Let me guess, you're still stuck in the world of pretty snowflakes who like to push the limits of jobs barely capable of filling roles that widely available alternatives can fill with limited to no difficulty?

Want to be condescending? Fine, but I'm not the one trying to circle the square here.
 Valefor.Caelir
Server: Valefor
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2011-11-21 14:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as this game is concerned, "not enough people" involves having fewer than 4-5 able bodies. If that's the case, its time to make new friends, not rely on poorly designed jobs.

Let me guess, you're still stuck in the world of pretty snowflakes who like to push the limits of jobs barely capable of filling roles that widely available alternatives can fill with limited to no difficulty?

Want to be condescending? Fine, but I'm not the one trying to circle the square here.

well you tell me something actually worthwhile outside, that is moderately difficult that u only take 4-5 people to?

Also apologies that stuff on this thread has went off topic

Bump
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-21 14:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Read that and immediately thought of whm melee >.>; so much fun

With that in mind I think it is more of a preference of what job they like being on rather what is more effective. Not everyone cares about being the most powerful you can possibly be.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 16:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

well you tell me something actually worthwhile outside, that is moderately difficult that u only take 4-5 people to?

Also apologies that stuff on this thread has went off topic

Bump

Not to shift the burden of proof, but I challenge you to think of a situation where, low-man or otherwise, a SCH would be the optimal decision - Libra and Modus Veritas procs notwithstanding.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-21 16:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Embrava is the only cool thing that SCH can do
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 16:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Embrava is the only cool thing that SCH can do

Agreed, and while I realize this probably isn't what you were suggesting, I don't find it to be a substantial gain in VW. The nature of the event doesn't allow for it to be a sustainable benefit.
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2011-11-21 16:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

for semi lowman VW where you are limited to amount of blm's/whm's available. (not every1 is fortunate enough to have an abundance of good blm's and whm's)

scholar can shift the burden of single tier proc's away from blm's aswell as help heal his party.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 16:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

for semi lowman VW where you are limited to amount of blm's/whm's available. (not every1 is fortunate enough to have an abundance of good blm's and whm's)

scholar can shift the burden of single tier proc's away from blm's aswell as help heal his party.

In the event that you've got a limit number of people to cover mages, you still shouldn't be using SCH. Given the choice between WHM&BLM, WHM&SCH, and BLM&SCH, there's absolutely no reason not to go with the front-runner. A WHM with temp items and moderate-grade equipment can act as an independent support system almost indefinitely, and a BLM severely trumps SCH in non-curative utility(which shouldn't be of greater necessity than stun/procs).
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-21 16:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In the event that you've got a limit number of people to cover mages, you still shouldn't be using SCH. Given the choice between WHM&BLM, WHM&SCH, and BLM&SCH, there's absolutely no reason not to go with the front-runner. A WHM with temp items and moderate-grade equipment can act as an independent support system almost indefinitely, and a BLM severely trumps SCH in non-curative utility(which shouldn't be of greater necessity than stun/procs).
yeah but nor whm or blm can solo VW :3
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2011-11-21 16:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So what your saying to me is, until scholars get a major revamp and they have there own role, they should just be left out all together?

now i think you are just trying to provoke an arguement which is kinda funny since you were acusing me of trying to provoke 1.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 16:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »

yeah but nor whm or blm can solo VW :3

While I realize you're joking, I highly doubt a BLM or RDM would have much more difficulty doing the same thing.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 16:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So what your saying to me is, until scholars get a major revamp and they have there own role, they should just be left out all together?

now i think you are just trying to provoke an arguement which is kinda funny since you were acusing me of trying to provoke 1.

Given the dramatically superior alternatives? Unfortunately, yes.

And its only provocative if you're irrational enough to take this as a personal attack. A job's poor design has no baring on my opinion of the people who defend its (lack of) significant utility.

I will say that the fastest way to ensure that a lacking class doesn't receive the attention it needs is to pretend that there's no issue. PUP is constantly undergoing changes that vastly improve the functionality of the job, and that has everything to do with the playerbase pointing out its faults instead of pretending it has none.
[+]
By Brolli 2011-11-21 17:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

-Implying that sch is only good for healing-

it's kinda weird how ppl camp threads/makes personal opinions about about something that they don't event have it, idk about others servers but sch is mainly recruited on most shells/pts and events for DD not for healing/enhancing purposes,
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-21 17:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

While I realize you're joking, I highly doubt a BLM or RDM would have much more difficulty doing the same thing.
though i was kinda kidding being that you wont get proper lights but........

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-21 17:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »

it's kinda weird how ppl camp threads/makes personal opinions about about something that they don't event have it, idk about others servers but sch is mainly recruited on most shells/pts and events for DD not for healing/enhancing purposes,
that was never implied, you need to stop white-knighting emanuelle since this is obviously where it stems from (does he even still play anymore?)
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-21 17:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People bring SCH along if they need Embrava, or proc spells. This is the unfortunate reality. Any other benefits are just icing.
By Brolli 2011-11-21 17:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

that was never implied, you need to stop white-knighting emanuelle since this is obviously where it stems from (does he even still play anymore?)
did you get your obis? my posts have nothing to do with emanuelle. idk what are you talking about i'm sch too, emanuelle is taking a break form the game and now playing starcraft/guildwars2 on jan, would be nice that you contribute to something than starting a flame or troll
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-21 17:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

my posts have nothing to do with emanuelle. idk what are you talking about
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 17:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware of what's been done. I don't see any of it as scholar-specific, though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-21 17:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The solos are impressive, I doubt they're limited to only SCH, but they're impressive.

Healing and nuking are both half baked for SCH, bringing a job, BLM or WHM (which almost everyone has one or the other levelled), that actually performs its role to its most capable boundaries is always the superior option, this is common logic. SCH has less black magic and white magic procs than either WHM or BLM, can not hope to put out the healing that a WHM can (especially when figuring in Cureskin), and, while some SCHs like to say they can, can not deal as much magic damage over time as a BLM will be putting out.

You get Libra and Modus Veritas. Those two abilities are not worth a slot in any alliance that I will ever put together, and many share my resolve.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-21 17:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
not worth a slot in any alliance
Too bad, I like having one in my party :( animus+adloquium+firestorm are sexy stuff for my cor!
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-21 17:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

did you get your obis? my posts have nothing to do with emanuelle. idk what are you talking about i'm sch too, emanuelle is taking a break form the game and now playing starcraft/guildwars2 on jan, would be nice that you contribute to something than starting a flame or troll
first off, yes i have all of the obi's and im more than willing to show them off to you, so take that sock and shove it in your mouth.

2nd of all since you apparently read all of the topic, did you atleast look at the post above the one i directed at you? cause im obviously contributing where as all i see is whiteknight from you.

3rd, dont even get me started on you and sch.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-21 17:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware of what's been done. I don't see any of it as scholar-specific, though.
rdm lacks the power to complete the fight in a timely matter, and blm is missing a regen that's worth a damn. that and to even bother with hahava you would have to sub whm or sch to get cursna or viruna, sch would be better with the fastcast and mp department but you only get 2 strategems to work with so flipping to addendum white is a bit of a trivial problem.

that and i dont know how potent helix is as with sch as a sub, from my understanding the damage boost was meant for sch mains.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 17:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, THF/DNC, PUP/MNK, PLD, DRK, BRD, BST, SAM, RNG, NIN, DRG, SMN, BLU, COR, SCH

More or less the only time I'd ever really want a SCH around. Chances of that alliance happening? Fairly low.
By Brolli 2011-11-21 17:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

first off, yes i have all of the obi's and im more than willing to show them off to you, so take that sock and shove it in your mouth.

2nd of all since you apparently read all of the topic, did you atleast look at the post above the one i directed at you? cause im obviously contributing where as all i see is whiteknight from you.

that's good, now you can be a lil more qualified to make opinions about sch (i guess), that excuse of not having inventory space was getting rly old
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 17:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm lacks the power to complete the fight in a timely matter, and blm is missing a regen that's worth a damn. that and to even bother with hahava you would have to sub whm or sch to get cursna or viruna, sch would be better with the fastcast and mp department but you only get 2 strategems to work with so flipping to addendum white is a bit of a trivial problem.

that and i dont know how potent helix is as with sch as a sub, from my understanding the damage boost was meant for sch mains.

Disagree with your initial point, and will only concede that your following ones would put you in a less ideal position, not that it would eliminate the possibility. I saw nothing that would lead me to believe that it isn't repeatable by any of the aforementioned jobs.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-21 17:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

that's good, now you can be a lil more qualified to make opinions about sch (i guess), that excuse of not having inventory space was getting rly old
when was the last time i even commented on obi's? and seriously you compared me to that piece of ***emanualle who doesnt even have half the gear i do on sch. Your half baked insults about old ***are getting pathetic. Unless you can do something other than bragging about how seriously "amazing" scholar is in today's end game without ***to back it up, i suggest you shut the *** up lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-21 17:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Your argument hasn't been valid since 2003. It's getting rly old
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-21 17:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Disagree with your initial point, and will only concede that your following ones would put you in a less ideal position, not that it would eliminate the possibility. I saw nothing that would lead me to believe that it isn't repeatable by any of the aforementioned jobs.
idk it's debatable especially with /sch is getting you icestorm, but i dont think it can be done without the use of T5's but i suppose i'll concede the point.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-21 17:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, I clearly don't have the credentials to participate in this discussion.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8