Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-02 16:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

11-02-2011 04:45 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I know there has been a lot of discussion regarding Regen and Cure V around the forums, so I wanted to pass along feedback that we received from the dev. team that Mocchi posted up earlier today.

galay said:
1. Make it possible to cast Regen on alliance members
2. Make a scholar only high level Regen
3. Make abilities or traits which make it possible to use Regen strategically

I’d really like the above three things if you are going to work on scholar’s regen. Since they can use weather magic, it would be cool to change the effects of Regen based on the type of weather casted.

Aurorastorm + Regen: Enhances effect of Regen
Voidstorm + Regen: Increases effect duration of Regen
Firestorm + Regen: Regen + minor Regain
Rainstorm + Regen: Regen + minor Refresh
Sandstorm + Regen: Add half of the effect amount to your max HP
Windstorm + Regen: Regen + gradual reduction in attack delay
Hailstorm + Regen: Regen + gradual increase in magic critical hit rate
Thunderstorm + Regen: Regen + gradual increase in critical hit rate

I still feel like Cure V should be added too…
Is that reason that Cure V has not yet been added to scholar’s spell repertoire due to the fact that it making it an AoE would be too efficient?
In regards to wanting to the ability to cast Regen on alliance members, there have been a lot of people commenting on this, so we will be looking into making this an effect limited to scholar. We are going to need some time to develop and test this out so please give us a bit of time.

Also, thanks a lot for your Regen effect suggestions. We will take them into consideration.

In regards to the topic on Cure V which has cropped up in various other threads, I would like to inform you of our current direction.

We are looking at two main points:

1. The HP recovery amount of Cure III and IV are too low, and it’s hard to keep up with healing
2. Making each job’s specialty stand out more

With the level cap being increase and HP/damage taken amounts increasing, we understand that HP recovery amounts are low; however, we feel that making it possible to have every job that can use cure able to handle things all on their own is a completely different story.

While it’s possible for other jobs to help out with curing and cast support magic, which in turn create conditions making it easier to cure and also reduce the amount of cure-related stress, the job we have designated to be the main healer is white mage. Due to this, we do not currently have any plans of allowing jobs other than white mage to use Cure V.

However, the solution isn’t to limit the functionality of those jobs that assist with curing. So one possibility we’re considering is increasing the influence of the healing skill and MND, as well as increasing the HP recovery amount more than it is currently.

We believe this would involve making adjustments to jobs that have healing skill to improve the amount of HP recovered, but due to the fact that we will also be implementing cure potency equipment, implementing this aspect is simply one issue under consideration.

With that said our goal is not to make it so a certain job’s advantages are given to other jobs so they are able to do the same thing, instead we would like to look into how we can keep each job’s specialties intact and create ways that they can support other jobs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Narshe
Server: Leviathan
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-11-02 16:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The regen thing is nice I guess..

All I really see though is "We might do this, but we probably wont or will half *** it in some way."
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-11-02 16:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Make jobs that dont need to be cured, problem solved.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2011-11-02 17:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
we do not currently have any plans of allowing jobs other than white mage to use Cure V

Pup (pet) has Cure V already... so this mean.. pup isn't a job!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-11-02 17:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If they just make healing magic affect hp cured more, that would help alot, really.
Right now, any job \whm can cure "as well" as RDM and SCH <_>
But I do agree with not giving cure 5 to other jobs, it's not needed, really.
RDM and SCH can both obtain 50% cure potency now, which helps a great deal, and was a good step in the right direction.
And well, if other jobs could use cure5, WHM would once again be without a job alot of the time, and not really needed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-11-02 17:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that WHM or BLM can enfeeble (almost and ignoring merits) and enhance better than RDM but no other job can compete with WHM or BLM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-11-02 17:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
I love that WHM or BLM can enfeeble (ignoring merits) and enhance better than RDM but no other job can compete with WHM or BLM.

How can they enfeeb as well as RDM?
Saboteur and af3+2 body help your enfeebs alot, really.
Have to take gear for the jobs into account aswell, as SE balance out jobs by gear rather than job adjustments directly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-11-02 17:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lvl 75: Cure V to whm, Cure IV to RDM, SCH
Lvl 95: Cure VI to whm, Cure V to RDM, SCH

If you don't want to let the jobs keep up in healing, why not add new DOT or ENFEEB so make their jobs relevant again.

Its like why should BLM get Thunder V and RDM not get some new enfeeble?

I got it, give rdm some way to stop TP gain. Done.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2011-11-02 17:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Raise the cure potency cap and add some more cure potency gear that's reasonable to get. Problem solved.

Seriously, SCH needs to stop QQ'ing for Cure V. That's what WHM are for, you know, Cure (and remove status ailments). Maybe if they give SCH Cure V, they lower all cure spells by half for WHM main? Sound good?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2011-11-02 17:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wojo said: »

^ This.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-02 17:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lvl 75: Cure V to whm, Cure IV to RDM, SCH
Lvl 95: Cure VI to whm, Cure V to RDM, SCH

If you don't want to let the jobs keep up in healing, why not add new DOT or ENFEEB so make their jobs relevant again.

Its like why should BLM get Thunder V and RDM not get some new enfeeble?

Cure VI was for abyssea, it's not a real cure in my opinion. It's nice but I really just classify it as an abyssea cure for the most part.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-11-02 17:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it, give rdm some way to stop TP gain.

Would make sense, BLU gets a really strong disease spell (delta thrust), but it rarely (if at all?) lands on NMs.
Could make a weaker disease enfeeb, like 5tp\tic that would actually land on NMs?
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-11-02 17:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
I love that WHM or BLM can enfeeble (ignoring merits) and enhance better than RDM but no other job can compete with WHM or BLM.

Have to take gear for the jobs into account aswell, as SE balance out jobs by gear rather than job adjustments directly.

Gear should be secondary, it should NOT make the job. That should come naturally. All RDM's enfeebles bar merits are passed around between the jobs.

Could you imagine if they did the same to WHM and made Cure V a merit spell with only Cure IV being available naturally. That's like what they did to RDM's enfeebles.

Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone said: »
Raise the cure potency cap and add some more cure potency gear that's reasonable to get. Problem solved.

Seriously, SCH needs to stop QQ'ing for Cure V. That's what WHM are for, you know, Cure (and remove status ailments). Maybe if they give SCH Cure V, they lower all cure spells by half for WHM main? Sound good?

That doesn't help much SMN capped 50% before even RDM or SCH, they'd only do it again with a higher cap.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-11-02 17:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear should be secondary, it should NOT make the job. That should come naturally. All RDM's enfeebles bar merits are passed around between the jobs.

Could you imagine if they did the same to WHM and made Cure V a merit spell with only Cure IV being available naturally. That's like what they did to RDM's enfeebles.

Accept it, gear is a massive part of this game, always have been, always will be. >_>
It's how SE do it, they "adjust" jobs by giving gear that boosts abilities.
I don't really see anything wrong with doing it like that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
Server: Lakshmi
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-11-02 17:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
the job we have designated to be the main healer is white mage.

SE is the best at balance, guys.

There is no reason for an MMO to have plenty of interchangeable DD jobs, most of which can also be used as a tank, but require one single specific healer job to be capable of doing anything moderately difficult.

And no, I'm not saying that we should be able to compare to WHM's sheer power or capabilities, or that you shouldn't have or need a WHM for things. Nor am I trying to turn this into another "cure V QQ" thread. It's just that there should be some semblance of balance, and I don't think SE will ever find a way to address it.

Yes, I mad.

Quote:
as well as increasing the HP recovery amount more than it is currently.

It'd better be good, SE.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-11-02 17:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Accept it, gear is a massive part of this game, always have been, always will be. >_>
It's how SE do it, they "adjust" jobs by giving gear that boosts abilities.
I don't really see anything wrong with doing it like that.

They don't though.

WHM are naturally better curers, and BLM nukers with their high MAB. Gear adds to it, but they're naturally better. That is how it should be.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-11-02 17:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Terasan
Server: Asura
user: Terasan
By Asura.Terasan 2011-11-02 17:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay, maybe now all the RDMs and SCHs will shut the hell up about getting Cure V.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-11-02 17:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't? Read some of the posts, they keep saying it all the time.
They won't adjust this and that directly, but they'll look into add gear to enhance the job\ability\spell etc.
And yes, some jobs are better as some things.
RDM still gets the highest enfeebling magic skill, which allows us to focus more on potency gear for stronger enfeebs.
Also, saboteur is a natural job-trait, which allows for very strong enfeebs.
They're trying, the game is in the middle of a major change, give it time and they'll probably adjust stuff alot before they feel like everything is balanced again.
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2011-11-02 17:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Right now outside of a few enfeebles RDM really hasn't seen a significant update. A cure III/IV potency boost for rdm and sch is definitely needed and /whms should get some sort of penalty outside of mnd and skill penalties.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-02 17:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Make jobs that dont need to be cured, problem solved.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-11-02 18:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Im simply happy they finally told us their reasoning behind the Cure5 matter. All i want is for RDM to have a few job-only spells that are actually useful in high level fights. Yeayea group2 merits add spells that no other jobs have but they are just tiers of them, i want something new. At least SCH has some SCH only spells, being another type of mage that dosn't specialize in one magic type.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-11-02 18:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
Im simply happy they finally told us their reasoning behind the Cure5 matter. All i want is for RDM to have a few job-only spells that are actually useful in high level fights. Yeayea group2 merits add spells that no other jobs have but they are just tiers of them, i want something new. At least SCH has some SCH only spells, being another type of mage that dosn't specialize in one magic type.

SCH has 2 spells exclusive to their job.. 2 just 2 lol!!! Enmity Reduction and Gain spells lol..Animus Augeo and Minuo! WOW lol

Regain Spell (cor has also)
Helices (anything /sch soon)
Stormspells (all but thunder,aurora, void as /sch)
EDIT correction 5 if u include thunder,aurora and voidstorm!
 Bahamut.Feisei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-11-02 18:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

SCH has 2 spells exclusive to their job.. 2 just 2 lol!!! Enmity Reduction and Gain spells lol..Animus Augeo and Minuo! WOW lol

Kaustra and Embrava. Yes only under 2hour but they are rather useful.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-11-02 18:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to agree with this. With Helix spells being lowered so far down that all helix spells are accessible to anyone subbing sch, we really have no exclusive spells save for Thunder/Aurora/Voidstorm. Even the enmity spells aren't exclusive to us (BRD's had them originally as merit songs. But gl finding a brd that actually merits them. They're useless as songs, and they're useless as spells.)

Ha-za. We're unique every 2hours. Not to mention there are so many dark resistant monsters in endgame that Kaustra is useless without a Darkness skillchain to MB off of. (Or compression, which I suppose sch can skillchain. Provided no DD is running up to WS to proc a stagger... Or just know what every possible compression skillchain there is out that that is Weapon Skill > SCH spell.) So really, we're only good for Embrava in a party set up. Which you don't even need.

Three SMNs + Three BRDs. Hastega + Soul Voice Marches/Minuets/Madrigals, followed by Perfect Defense after the NM is popped. Fill the rest of the party with DDs and you're golden. (If Perfect Defense wears, have fanatics drinks if you're zerging something in voidwatch.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-11-02 18:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

Have to agree with this. With Helix spells being lowered so far down that all helix spells are accessible to anyone subbing sch, we really have no exclusive spells save for Thunder/Aurora/Voidstorm. Even the enmity spells aren't exclusive to us (BRD's had them originally as merit songs. But gl finding a brd that actually merits them. They're useless as songs, and they're useless as spells.)

Ha-za. We're unique every 2hours.

OH DAMN YA! I can insta-cast multiple spells for a set time as RDM! this makes me a unique job! Damn SE u uniqued every job after how many years. BRAVO!
 Bahamut.Feisei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-11-02 18:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No where in my post did I say that SCH shouldn't get something else job-exclusive
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-11-02 18:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No where in my post did I say that SCH shouldn't get something else job-exclusive

Were poking fun at SE not u! lol Well at least i am lol
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-11-02 18:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm remarking on Square-Enix, not you~
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8