Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 06:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
I'm going Kogg/antea myself 8D
Same. Wont even really consider that math up there since it either is uncapped acc... and realy blu has the easiest time of capping acc of the 1handers.

Or using lol squid sushi to cap acc. At which point since that will decently over cap you you can switch stuff in like more haste or str and take out some of that acc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 07:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said:
I think the loss of the 15 atk and 5 acc would hurt your DoT more than the less than 3 base damage boost to your spells would help.
Well if you are comparing koggles to perdu its more like the loss of 13 att and 3 acc (not like acc should be much of an issue) and gaining some to crit hit and another to your melee base dmg.

Also it would be 2.6 to base dmg on disservement/ Frip or 4.2 on CA.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-14 07:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: All kinds of late and beaten etc.

I'm no BLU but wouldn't Perdu beat Koggle as a main hand weapon?

I can imagine it will depend on your melee to spell split (as Koggle is a 'spell sword' and perdu is a 'melee sword').
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-14 07:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Brain said:
I think the loss of the 15 atk and 5 acc would hurt your DoT more than the less than 3 base damage boost to your spells would help.
Well if you are comparing koggles to perdu its more like the loss of 13 att and 3 acc (not like acc should be much of an issue) and gaining some to crit hit and another to your melee base dmg.

Also it would be 2.6 to base dmg on disservement/ Frip or 4.2 on CA.

Yep
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-14 15:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't add 2.6, ever. All decimals are floored in damage calculation, so if it doesn't give a whole integer, it doesn't do ***. This is why I said less than 3 since it's more likely to get 1 or 2 base damage increase than 3, and impossible to get more

Your numbers are also off as they don't consider level correction (0.83 at 75). Level correction itself can reduce Koggel's boost to spells to 1 base damage from fSTR.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 16:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me for no using lvl correct. It would be more like 2.328 and 3.656.

And yes I think everyone understands ffxi truncates stuff but things like this explained using decimals since it is just how much this adds and without knowing everything else there is no way to know wether it will go 1 higher or lower.

Saying just 2-3 can be rather misleading. I mean techincally 1 str adds 0-1 to base dmg but saying it adds .25 would be a much more accurate representation.

It doesn't add 1, ever as there is nothing you can add 2.328 to that would only add 1 after truncating.

My current usual full DD setup it adds 2. But if I drop even just drop a combination of 2 in str and dex it will add 3. Seeing as I often do drop that much but not much more for some other spells it usually is 3 for me.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-14 17:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying it adds 0.25 wouldn't be more accurate, it'd be completely wrong. If people want to learn about the damage formulas they should learn that 1 STR either does something or it does jack ***.

Now, I understand what people mean when they include decimals pr say that say 3 STR has a 75% chance of boosting fSTR or boosts fSTR by 0.75. It's wrong though. More ignorant people see that, do their math wrong, and then wave it around like it's proof.

It's just a pet peeve of mine because I know a retard that's always talking about how to increase his damage and doesn't *** comprehend flooring of decimals, or for that matter lvl correction @ for WSC, and that the process alters numbers greatly.

Anyway I get annoyed because I'm the type that uses his STR/DEX to determine if a piece, or pieces, of gear will break a damage tier and do anything. Not eveyone can be as big an idiot as me ~_~;

Not on topic:
What I want to know is how will lvl Correction @ affect us at 99. Will it make mods on WSs/spells even weaker?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-14 17:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Frequentists up in this ***.

Alpha likely will be lower, which is going to annoy the ***out of me if they don't compensate accordingly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-14 17:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh whatever. It's alot less wordy then saying it will do this this percent of the time.

And if you were to do the math using that you'd get the average increase or decrease in dmg.

Imo that makes it alot more accurate then just saying 1 flat out number until you actually have all the numbers that allow you to get an exact answer. And in the end unless you are fighting a very small number of mobs out there with known Vits or you know you are overcapping fstr you will never know all the numbers.
 Leviathan.Abriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-14 19:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Meh whatever. It's alot less wordy then saying it will do this this percent of the time.

And if you were to do the math using that you'd get the average increase or decrease in dmg.

Imo that makes it alot more accurate then just saying 1 flat out number until you actually have all the numbers that allow you to get an exact answer. And in the end unless you are fighting a very small number of mobs out there with known Vits or you know you are overcapping fstr you will never know all the numbers.

pretty much this. closest we can get is a basic estimate, which is thrown off when someone doesn't understand how to put all the pieces together.