Super Soloing!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Super Soloing!
Super Soloing!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-30 17:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Dijana said: »
I sort of soloed hedjedjet just now >.> Took it down to 60 something %, when I got unlucky with a hell scissors getting through with poison aura up which kicked in the second the TP took me down to 2hp and died. A mnk+whm duo standing nearby grabbed it off me and brewed it down to 10% and died somehow I guess when the brew wore (I didnt think that would happen so I wasnt watching)

Reclaimed and killed it though teamed up with them since I was still weakened and the whm helped me out. Im going to attempt this again later on when I dont have competition next to me psyching me out (though they were nice enough to say they'd invite me anyway if the staff dropped and the whm was complimenting me while fighting) I was having too many flashbacks of when I first tried to solo khalamari at 80 cap and died in 30 seconds and was panicking from the moment I started >:

Bolded is all I got out of that. What is this I don't even. <_____<;

Anyway GL fighting Hedjedjet again.

Advice for soloing HJJ I put on Wiki:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-30 17:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

idk asy, i personally will NOT fight hjj without fan dance, it has got ugly many a time without it.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-30 17:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I used haste samba 100-51%, then switched to fan dance riding.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-09-30 17:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
I sort of soloed hedjedjet just now >.> Took it down to 60 something %, when I got unlucky with a hell scissors getting through with poison aura up which kicked in the second the TP took me down to 2hp and died. A mnk+whm duo standing nearby grabbed it off me and brewed it down to 10% and died somehow I guess when the brew wore (I didnt think that would happen so I wasnt watching)

Reclaimed and killed it though teamed up with them since I was still weakened and the whm helped me out. Im going to attempt this again later on when I dont have competition next to me psyching me out (though they were nice enough to say they'd invite me anyway if the staff dropped and the whm was complimenting me while fighting) I was having too many flashbacks of when I first tried to solo khalamari at 80 cap and died in 30 seconds and was panicking from the moment I started >:

Bolded is all I got out of that. What is this I don't even. <_____<;

Anyway GL fighting Hedjedjet again.

Yeah well..when I first went out there I saw them claim it originally and run off with it. I stood there for a minute then went to go see where they were and couldnt find them..noticed they werent even in the zone anymore..and found the NM walking around at 100% again so I guess they wiped pretty quickly and came back with a brew to find me soloing it lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-09-30 17:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »

posted while I was typing - I saw your comment on it on the wiki and was following what you said actually lol I was doing fine until that one TP got through and the poison at the same time >:
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-30 17:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How much HP do you have in Altep?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-30 17:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

im pretty sure his tp attacks have to do with how much hp you have anyways, no matter how much you have his dmg scales with it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-09-30 18:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant remember how much I had, I think it was 2.6k-2.7k
By Itze 2011-09-30 18:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an aggro free location to kite Hedejejejejee around?
 Bahamut.Echojin
Server: Bahamut
user: echojin
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-09-30 18:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

where people used to camp at lvl 40~ doing beetles is clear of mobs, and also you can drag him between limules & the ladybugs to j/k-6 area
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 05:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, I guess I should mention that I have around 3.7k in Altepa.
Hell Scissors even when it got through never took me low enough to let poison kill me. Waltz V is a godsend at that point.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 05:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Itze said: »
Is there an aggro free location to kite Hedejejejejee around?

Yeah, in the little alcoves around Revelation Rock.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-10-01 06:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what atma's do you advise using? :3
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-10-01 06:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually did it backwards when i was trying to +2 dnc body. The like first or second time i soloed it was going on like 50 minutes and stun was getting resisted pretty much all the time so i just stopped stunning bindga and let scissors hit me for first 50%. After that shes a joke
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-01 06:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell Scissors does something like 99% of your max HP (minus PDT). He's not a hard fight, but if you can dualbox a BLM/WHM (or /THF) for procs/stun then I don't see a compelling reason not to.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 12:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Hell Scissors does something like 99% of your max HP (minus PDT). He's not a hard fight, but if you can dualbox a BLM/WHM (or /THF) for procs/stun then I don't see a compelling reason not to.

Entertainment. When I soloed it, I didn't actually need any drops from it, I just happened to run into it and said "Why not?" XD

Oh, as for atmas I used RR/GH/SS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-10-01 15:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, I guess I should mention that I have around 3.7k in Altepa.
Hell Scissors even when it got through never took me low enough to let poison kill me. Waltz V is a godsend at that point.

Noobish question, how the heck do you get 3.7k on dnc? Im still missing only 1 of my HP abyssites but Im going to admit after the aby ls I used to be in fell apart I havent bothered/thought of getting any other things like that. Is there some obvious answer Im missing as per usual?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 15:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The morale boosts in Heroes zones tends to be quite potent. On bad days I'll only have 3300 D:
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-10-01 16:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think I've ever had more than 2.8k in there before lol
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 18:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I was remembering my HP wrong in there.
I don't have time to go check, but

Hy hp at 95 is 1441
So

(1441) * (1 + 0.8 + 0.25 + 0.2) = 3242 HP.

This is what I get for going by eyeballing/memory.
SORRY FOR THE MISINFORMATION.

I don't know why I thought it was so much higher.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2011-10-11 21:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone try out Orcus VNM t3 (brown abyssite-west/west_s sarta, meriph/meriph_s mts)?

ive been trying for an alert ring from farruca for awhile (still to no avail, 0/20?) and the t3 was right on top of it so i decided to give it a try, he's pretty rough

i wasn't prepared at all with macros to gear swap so i had to hit my eva macro after everything i did which got distracting/annoying. also didnt have a macro for quake blast which was a pain to get all my gear on afterward. EVA gear the whole time, constant steps for finishing moves; violent flourish stunned 2/23 times with etoile body. never had a chance to ws-all tp went to CWIII; reverse flourish couldnt keep up with tp needed to cure. he finally got into spamming gravitic horn which pretty much was too hard to recover from

i only fought him for 8min and did 9013dmg (yes i counted and calculated im a loser) so i dont know how far i even got. ill try again more prepared and see what happens :O
By Otomis 2011-10-11 21:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
anyone try out Orcus VNM t3 (brown abyssite-west/west_s sarta, meriph/meriph_s mts)?

ive been trying for an alert ring from farruca for awhile (still to no avail, 0/20?) and the t3 was right on top of it so i decided to give it a try, he's pretty rough

i wasn't prepared at all with macros to gear swap so i had to hit my eva macro after everything i did which got distracting/annoying. also didnt have a macro for quake blast which was a pain to get all my gear on afterward. EVA gear the whole time, constant steps for finishing moves; violent flourish stunned 2/23 times with etoile body. never had a chance to ws-all tp went to CWIII; reverse flourish couldnt keep up with tp needed to cure. he finally got into spamming gravitic horn which pretty much was too hard to recover from

i only fought him for 8min and did 9013dmg (yes i counted and calculated im a loser) so i dont know how far i even got. ill try again more prepared and see what happens :O

I have solo'd many thing in game, even at 75 solo'd sea/sky/random NMs. but VNMs are tough, wasted a couple T3 pops trying to solo those bad boys. Grats on staying up so long mate (*^.^*)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-11-22 14:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I like this thread and want to know what else is possible at 95 these days Im inputting more~

Managed to solo HJJ plenty of times now, only just finally got my soulscourge off it and I never want to see that thing again. I ended up fulltiming fan dance and actually found it faster, since I didnt have to sit on tp in case I missed a stun (happens often with my lag) to cure myself, and just self darknessed it a ton. It was alot easier than my last attempt, just it's def and hp really make it a long fight ; ;

The amount of times I saw the classic duo's (whm+mnk/nin/whatever) die to it or have to brew it down immediately got ridiculous
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-11-22 15:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kutharei is now mostly trivial.

Iratham is doable if:

1.) You have shell from an outside source
2.) He doesn't use Stygian Sphere too often
3.) Atma of a Future Fabulous

You absolutely have to wipe his shield (using Aeolian Edge ~3-4 times tends to do it) or else he'll tear you apart.

Occasionally he'll still *** you up, generally if he spams shield at low HP and decides to do a lot of shadow wrecks after that.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-11-22 15:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call "shell from an outside source" a solo tbh
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mirvana 2011-12-05 00:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just managed to solo Serket in Ghoyu's Reverie (the one Sandworm sends you to) on DNC/whm.
Sandworm was near the OP I went to for a campaign battle and decided to give him a go (a fun solo fight in itself) and got Doomvoided. Had to mainline poisona and Fan Dance but was an absolute rush. Took ~20mins using full evasion gear and no sambas, lowest HP got to was 39/~1400 from the super poison as his HP dropped. Only got a V.claw though, but definitely the most fun solo I've had since 75cap days.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-05 02:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirvana said: »
I just managed to solo Serket in Ghoyu's Reverie (the one Sandworm sends you to) on DNC/whm.
Sandworm was near the OP I went to for a campaign battle and decided to give him a go (a fun solo fight in itself) and got Doomvoided. Had to mainline poisona and Fan Dance but was an absolute rush. Took ~20mins using full evasion gear and no sambas, lowest HP got to was 39/~1400 from the super poison as his HP dropped. Only got a V.claw though, but definitely the most fun solo I've had since 75cap days.

fffffffffffffffffffffffff
awesome

i wonder how tough KA is, i havent actually done any of those doomvoid fights yet!
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-12-05 04:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Duo'd KA at 85. Me on thf, other on Dnc. No buffs, so I pretty sure he's soloable now. As far as inside abyssea goes, I don't consider anything in there solo. Unless you're doing it without atmas/Cruor buffs. There's nothing in there that's an achievement; never was. Just sayin...
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20