First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-26 19:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Tails said:
Sorry for running out of MP while constantly curing you after you Sekkanoki -> WS a mob at 100%.

Or sorry I did not cast shadows for you. I wish I could.

I also wish I could cancel your berserk when you're too dumb to realize it increases damage taken.

And by "you" I mean damage dealer's who don't take anything into consideration.

/cheer

By experience i can tell... been in DuckHunt with crazzy DD, the DMG they doing is not what amaze me the most, is how they never freaking loose 1 HP for doing crazzy DMG zerging everything around them, is PURE owning.

Is the difference with many LS i joined in END-GAME, and i can tell you, a bunch of gimps gear togheter can do GOOD as a bunch of Crazzy gear, reason is all about the hate spreaded all around not causing 1 MEMBER to get 1 shoted.

That also make me remember a crazzy PLD with massive Enmity gear, he failed so hard bc the PLD partner was no match again his enmity making that awesome PLD tank from start to death. [ **note the dude was also not smart @ all, he was kind of brainless PLD doing sentinel @ 80 HP when he lost the hate, then blame the MAGE bc he died.... ]

Oh almost forget that DARKNIGHT with relic Apocalypse, lol poor him, well everytime he came DRK/SAM, that not 100% retard, is actualy a very good sub, but when he joined my Sky Linkshell, 99% member had no sea access and nothing that much good as gear. No need to tell you just engaging for him was death.

DuckHunt managed to to help they fellow to get awesome, greatest LS on fenrir btw, only anoying part of them is kinda how they never fail @ anything.. You can scratch your ball all night they still gonna win bc they have so many CORE member knowing what they doing. [Not saying i love FAIL... just pointing how ZzzZ is to be RDM with 10 coffee in your body ready to CURE and have 100% MP all night, or fighting again other mage to cure the 40 HP lost form a DD]

[btw for all other talking only about gear and DMG they do] You can look @ pharse as you wan, cry for your best gear as you wan, i bet you kind of personne ninjar gear form 15 LS busting they *** off for you and then split in the face of who helped you...

I am saying that bc is kind of experience i got on fenrir, with the 3 linkshell ive leaded, ppl can curse day long about me saying i am worse THF with mandau on fenrir bc i dont have full Hecatomb gear.. But they never point how many time i passed on these piece to help a follow before my own self, bc yes.. i am by far not a selfish player. I learned on the HARDWAY, more ppl cry to get something, more ppl pay attention on GEAR, brainless they are.. You wan challenge my opinion on that, just look @ darksteel on fenrir.... or check Fragzilla (wich i call none stop FAGZilla), or Tolan/Sabain crying in timelessls (please dont break LS ; ;) then get RDM hat, BLM hat, DNC AFv2 in 2 week and left us for another Dynamis LS.... And who dont know Mazmaz for the same thing....

I still lead Timeslasherz with bunch of awesome friend wich they understood how to play as a team. Do we have best gear of the game? Nope, do we have fun playing togheter? hell yes. Do our gear make us FAIL? hell no, we lerned on hard way on LOW MAN event, like KS99 with 12 member and win, or Omega with 11 member and win, Kirin @ 14 member, Byakko @ 13 member.

Not saying here we beating any record, but we happy enought with accomplishment we doing. See a friend with kick *** gear >> see myself with it, and they think the same.
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Not all DDs are bad XD just sometimes we may get competitive
with all this parseing and u know ..

See that something i dont really mind if they would do it whitout damaging the plan/hate/MB/SC. Or Spaming causing cure Bomb on them. You dont see many ppl in DuckHunt brag about dmg they did, OF COURSE they do a lil, but they dont DIE doing it... And most of them anyway are over the 'i need to prove something', most of them ARE instead of 'i wanna be' And trust me DuckHunt would not respect @ all someone doing that kind of ***, you be yelled at in first 1 min you doing something stupid.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 19:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

"like KS99 with 12 member and win, or Omega with 11 member and win, Kirin @ 14 member, Byakko @ 13 member."

Quote fails me etc but those aren't exactly lowman kills.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-26 19:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
"like KS99 with 12 member and win, or Omega with 11 member and win, Kirin @ 14 member, Byakko @ 13 member."

quote fails me etc but those aren't exactly lowman kills.
fdeath said:
Not saying here we beating any record

never said was LOWEST Low man fight.
 Shiva.Dinarii
Server: Shiva
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-26 19:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

too many zz's brainwaves eternally altered due to excessive zig-zags. well its not even a low man fight to start with anymore... even some of the trashiest LSs ive known can do that kinda stuff. while mindlessly nuking or DDing and dying, so what's your point? rocking the holier than thou point for what reason?
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-26 20:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dinarii said:
too many zz's brainwaves eternally altered due to excessive zig-zags. well its not even a low man fight to start with anymore... even some of the trashiest LSs ive known can do that kinda stuff. while mindlessly nuking or DDing and dying, so what's your point? rocking the holier than thou point for what reason?

Fun over the gear/pharse, not selfish fun over other.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 20:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

...What?
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-26 20:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

...?
By Zekko 2010-04-26 21:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Dinarii said:

Fun over the gear/pharse, not selfish fun over other.

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 21:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Same person perhaps?
 Shiva.Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-26 23:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

im sorry, but i enjoyed parsing myself simply to better my performance for a specific fight. I would always try to beat my highest output. if you can't decipher when u need to backoff. that's your own dumb fault.

but saying you can "lowman" stuff with numbers which nowadays is considered the norm doesnt make you special at all. it makes you mediocre and average. and coming off like it's some sort of special accomplishment is laughable. look at my equip history, did i have the best gear? hell no. could i put up respectable numbers? yes. does that make me special? not even close, i was a run of the mill, personally thought as mildly above average that had a good knowledge of my jobs. the people i ran with were the same, but we didn't go about tooting our own horns about "low manning" or any of the drivel you were ranting about.

the game is a social game, like most games of its kind, it is gear driven. yes, it has a storyline, yes it has oodles of end game. but guess what? at the end of it all is: gear. Saying you passed stuff to other people doesnt make you special, as a leader of a LS its what you do so people don't think you're ganking every piece of loot that rolls by. "i passed it so x person could get it first" good for you. do i believe you in that? hell no. why, bc you have a mandau, you had to presumably work and slave hand over fist to get it.

so do us all a favor and keep the keyboard on hold awhile, your migraine inducing grammar and spelling only makes you look like even more of a tool.

oh yeh, i solo'd AV!
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-26 23:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dinarii said:
im sorry, but i enjoyed parsing myself simply to better my performance for a specific fight. I would always try to beat my highest output. if you can't decipher when u need to backoff. that's your own dumb fault.

but saying you can "lowman" stuff with numbers which nowadays is considered the norm doesnt make you special at all. it makes you mediocre and average. and coming off like it's some sort of special accomplishment is laughable. look at my equip history, did i have the best gear? hell no. could i put up respectable numbers? yes. does that make me special? not even close, i was a run of the mill, personally thought as mildly above average that had a good knowledge of my jobs. the people i ran with were the same, but we didn't go about tooting our own horns about "low manning" or any of the drivel you were ranting about.

the game is a social game, like most games of its kind, it is gear driven. yes, it has a storyline, yes it has oodles of end game. but guess what? at the end of it all is: gear. Saying you passed stuff to other people doesnt make you special, as a leader of a LS its what you do so people don't think you're ganking every piece of loot that rolls by. "i passed it so x person could get it first" good for you. do i believe you in that? hell no. why, bc you have a mandau, you had to presumably work and slave hand over fist to get it.

so do us all a favor and keep the keyboard on hold awhile, your migraine inducing grammar and spelling only makes you look like even more of a tool.

oh yeh, i solo'd AV!

Question, is it realy my post you hate or fact i have mandau? or maybe you just a hater in general lol...

I agree i slaved everyone for it, i also slaved everyone for maat cap. Everyone gave me they gil, i am such of so damn lucky *** on fenrir. Did i tell you i win 1 Kclub per week?

not i dont wan talk to you but i need go find that gil. Later...

PS: i solo'ed AV too [ gosh i died miserably... ]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-26 23:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not agree with parsing. The reason being some people are going to say yeah man I am number one, you suck, etc.. They fail to realize that not all mages haste everyone or that not all parties have one or two brds. The extra bard or cor and haste make a difference.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 23:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see that in the parse as well so you know exactly why someone else parsed higher than usual etc.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-26 23:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see that in the parse as well so you know exactly why someone else parsed higher than usual etc.

The parse that someone in my ls used didnt show any of that info or he didnt post it. Just the ws and tp percentages/total damage etc
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 23:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can select what you want it to show though
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-26 23:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You can select what you want it to show though

I did not know that. Good to know. Yeah seeing only tp/ws total damage and ws average didnt help much. That was the only info selected I guess and accuracy.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-27 00:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend would parse damage taken, total damage, WS average, accuracy, buffs, amount healed etc
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-27 00:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
OK so.

DDs can play watching tv, scratching their balls and sniffing their fingers, eating, talking on the phone. No wonder it's a few ppl that can actually play mages on end game activities.

So I just made that thread to tell all brainless DDs out there to drink some intelligent potions and actually use what they got inside their heads.

For example, if you're a SAM doing Limbus or Nyzul Isle, make sure you switch up to Polearm when fighting Birds. It helps, you now.

Or even, when doing Nyzul, don't pull a Chariot on a damn corridor and expect us mages to heal you through the walls. And don't cry cause you didn't use RR.

There are so many things DDs make that makes us mages wanna kill them. So what do they do that grinds your gears? I'm sure there are a lot of examples out there.

Brainless Mages vs High IQED DD's

Fixed
 Shiva.Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-27 01:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i could give a damn less if you have mandau. i dont even play this game anymore. i just stop by and read the forums every so often for something to do. life's not too thrilling when you are on temp disability from work.

and for the record. i just think you're an idiot and a liar. you're mandau is not an idiot, and probably not lying. /shrug

and regardless if english is your primary language or not. that paragraph of zzzzeal was downright painful to read.

ninjer edit: yeh parsers are a godsend when trying to get down and dirty with gear picks etc. being able to test a bunch of different setups and have solid numbers to crunch is nice to have
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-27 01:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

haters, hatrers gonna hate!
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 01:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Brainless Mages vs Haters.

fixed.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-27 01:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Brainless Mages vs Haters.

fixed.

Brainless Mages VS shitty brainless mages (gimmi my haste, and do not *** when I /sam) haters gonna hate
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-27 01:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dinarii said:
i could give a damn less if you have mandau. i dont even play this game anymore. i just stop by and read the forums every so often for something to do. life's not too thrilling when you are on temp disability from work.

and for the record. i just think you're an idiot and a liar. you're mandau is not an idiot, and probably not lying. /shrug

and regardless if english is your primary language or not. that paragraph of zzzzeal was downright painful to read.

ninjer edit: yeh parsers are a godsend when trying to get down and dirty with gear picks etc. being able to test a bunch of different setups and have solid numbers to crunch is nice to have
O_o

No. Seriously, does nobody around here understand how the scientific method applies here? Comparative parses have a *** of variables that you cannot control for, rendering your data invalid. Math or bust. Parses have 3 uses: data gathering in completely controlled environments (testing OAT rate against a Fortification for example), epeening, and showing who is better in a given situation (still of questionable value depending), never what.

They do have some value if you understand their limitations, but too many people here act like they're an end-all be-all way to determine if x is better than y.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-04-27 01:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

8/10 because of responses.
[+]
 Shiva.Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-27 02:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Dinarii said:

O_o

No. Seriously, does nobody around here understand how the scientific method applies here? Comparative parses have a *** of variables that you cannot control for, rendering your data invalid. Math or bust. Parses have 3 uses: data gathering in completely controlled environments (testing OAT rate against a Fortification for example), epeening, and showing who is better in a given situation (still of questionable value depending), never what.

They do have some value if you understand their limitations, but too many people here act like they're an end-all be-all way to determine if x is better than y.

i can do that too! srsly dawg not everyone here is a mindless drone! some ppl know how to do these controlled "tests" rage m0ar plz. it's awesome

awww called me a hater. <3
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 02:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dissonant
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-04-27 04:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr
The type of job you play doesn't have anything to do with your own intelligence, but there is a significant difficulty gap between playing a mage job and playing a DD job. I am, however, surprised that you've found more idiot melees than idiot mages because it's much easier to point out a dumbass white mage than a dumbass warrior. Anyway it's not even like the game is that difficult to actually play. Assuming you are good at paying attention, battles are easy. The toughest part that actually takes some amount of brains to do is to gear your job properly. Mildly entertaining thread is mildly entertaining. :\
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-04-27 04:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I got bored reading half way through the first page.

But my opinion is, DRG/Mage, I got you all beat >.>.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-27 04:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dissonant said:
tl;dr
The type of job you play doesn't have anything to do with your own intelligence, but there is a significant difficulty gap between playing a mage job and playing a DD job. I am, however, surprised that you've found more idiot melees than idiot mages because it's much easier to point out a dumbass white mage than a dumbass warrior. Anyway it's not even like the game is that difficult to actually play. Assuming you are good at paying attention, battles are easy. The toughest part that actually takes some amount of brains to do is to gear your job properly. Mildly entertaining thread is mildly entertaining. :\

Yes but that is sort of the point... There are so many things a mage HAS to get right, there's only so much a melee has to get right... I mean I'm not trying to downplay what the melee's do, their job can be difficult at times, like a THF in a PT trying to set up SATA when the mage keeps spamming cures and *** up hate... But there are by far more places for a mage to trip up, then a DD..

Which means there are far fewer reasons why the DD should be *** up, and all the more reason that it's more, degrading if you will, that a DD would perform poorly then it is when a mage job does.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 04:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread need more Keep doing good job mage/mele :)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12