Signs Of Too Much FFXI(ing?)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41
By dragomair 2014-09-01 16:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody lost something at work and I told him to sort his inventory
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-01 17:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished getting ready to go out to dinner and I told my bf I was done gearing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-01 18:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Being an emt I am constantly thinking "just let this mp sponge die, raise3 is only 150 mp"
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-09-01 18:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I stay late at work and for a few seconds I actually think "oh its cool i'll just HP when i'm done" and then realize it's boring old real life.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-01 18:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Sometimes I stay late at work and for a few seconds I actually think "oh its cool i'll just HP when i'm done" and then realize it's boring old real life.

wouldnt that be great'
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-09-01 20:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

On the dashboard of the program I use all day at work, there's a display of how many outbound calls we have left to make for the day, and I'm always recognizing different weapon delays. Like 444 "hmm still at g.sword..." or 236 "nice, down to sword" or 176 "awesome down to dagger, maybe they'll start asking for volunteers to go home early".
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-05 11:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

had another dream the other day. Was me and one other person. Was like our own military unit. Stealth unit at night with automatic weapons, hunting down Yag's. - But after we thought we got them all, a message didnt display in the air saying 'mission complete' so we knew there was at least one more, but we couldn't find it.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-09-05 11:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember talking to a buddy of mines at work and I was telling him I purposely avoid walking down one hallway passing by boss's office. He asks me why. I said to avoid aggro. He looks at me and asks if that's my MMO lingo. I LOL'd and said yeah...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2014-09-05 11:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My boss once asked me if I wanted to go out for lunch and I told him I brought mine in because I was trying to save gil. There was a long awkward pause followed by him saying "You're weird, I'm paying. Let's go".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Dannielle
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Dannielle 2014-09-05 12:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I say "Full attack!" all the time in real life at work when we do photo shoots and it has to be A+ modeling or we get crappy payment. No one ever knows what I'm talking about.
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-09-05 12:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Was at the Grocery store the other day, saw the price for Orange Juice and told my son we can get it cheaper on the Auction House.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2014-09-05 13:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

At my job we call the the person watching a set of call centers "Driver". On day on of the managers ask if someone could get D2, I replied back a D2 will be 1k. I got back a response "WHAT?"
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-06 00:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Or how about catching yourself " /tell wifey going to the store do we need anything. " in a text message lol
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-06 00:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I left the house in a hurry and I thought to myself 'wait... did i set the right subjob?'
>_>
[+]
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2014-11-06 01:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pressing CTRL+R or typing /l or /p when replying to things outside of game is a real problem I have. I've said things along the lines of "Do you have it? Can I have it? Please assist." to people. I've said "lewl" aloud more than once. I've called out of work 'sick' for last day HNMs more than once. I took a week off of work to 'go out of town and visit family' when WoTG came out. Forever whistling various tunes from Vana 'diel. I mean, this game has been a part of me for nearly a decade. I think something would be wrong with those of us that have played for this long and not seen signs of the game bleeding through into our real lives.
[+]
 Bahamut.Miemo
user: Miemo
By Bahamut.Miemo 2014-11-06 03:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Waking up in the mornig at geting dissapointed there is no Home Point Warp to work.
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-11-06 05:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking to your Japanese colleagues in auto-tran word phase.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [238 days between previous and next post]
By tazkwondo 2015-07-02 00:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

OMg yes. And BLM and BLU I see everywhere too. If you incorrectly type whim in chat... it looks like WHM
 Odin.Tiffytazzy
user: tazkwondo
By Odin.Tiffytazzy 2015-07-02 00:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do this all the time. Done gearing. Full attack!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Leocon
Server: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2015-08-23 04:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This was a year ago now, but I was at a pretty large gathering, maybe about 200~300 people, and I got separated from the group I was with. My first thought was to bring up the map to find their markers...

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel my fingers begin to move as though I were trying to open the map with a controller heh.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-06 12:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably mentioned, but lots of people have asked me why some of my Facebook messages are prefixed with /l
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [521 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-10 15:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

cant believe its gone this long in here without a post...

had another dream about ffxi last night. Was at my old elementary school; with a lot more ppl then it ever had to. All gathering up outside for an impending attack. had this sense that it was half fake, but yet real at the same time. I was one of the more experienced combat people there. All decked out in full Drk gear. Tho for some reason i was a drk that used either a sword or dual swords. But i was missing my main swords. I was running back to try and find a sword in any of the armory stashes. But i couldnt find any outside. So i ran back inside to an armory room. There was rl bows, arrows, spears, all that kinda stuff in there, but no swords.

Woke up before anything happened (this time). I guess i went on to mnk style it'

It was pretty awesome to see myself out in rl in full Drk gear (and have it be normal). Tho i guess in true real life.. a guy sitting in full drk gear outside an elementary school might be frowned upon...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-10 15:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does vitaminD and potassium deficiency count? /badlabs
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [100 days between previous and next post]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-19 09:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Explaining complex team work to your team by using an FFXI 6-man party as an example.
"You, sales, you're on the front lines. you're a tank. you have to keep them focused on you"
"Digital Marketing - you're a RNG, you need to pew pew your arrows at the target, you need to be accurate. there's little risk because you're so far away!"
"Events - you're a nuker! you cost me a ***load of money and when you pull hate you die quickly!"
"Procurement - you're a *** DRG, you're just dead weight with your policies and procedures, with your red tape. all you do is make everyone's job harder"
"Mnk - I have no *** clue what you're doing here, you should look for employment elsewhere. Get the *** out of my department. Mcdonalds is hiring"
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-19 11:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Explaining complex team work to your team by using an FFXI 6-man party as an example.
"You, sales, you're on the front lines. you're a tank. you have to keep them focused on you"
"Digital Marketing - you're a RNG, you need to pew pew your arrows at the target, you need to be accurate. there's little risk because you're so far away!"
"Events - you're a nuker! you cost me a ***load of money and when you pull hate you die quickly!"
"Procurement - you're a *** DRG, you're just dead weight with your policies and procedures, with your red tape. all you do is make everyone's job harder"
"Mnk - I have no *** clue what you're doing here, you should look for employment elsewhere. Get the *** out of my department. Mcdonalds is hiring"

"Public affairs" - you're a GEO. Everyone swears we need you, but upon further inspection management sees you're really just standing there and only putting up pretty wallpaper.
[+]
By OmniKroe 2017-07-19 12:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

But at least I finished my mythic?
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2017-07-19 14:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Internal dread spikes. Eeeek!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-07-19 15:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When you sleep you still hear town music even though your game is off.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41