Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ramuh » Watch your back around Nahiatsu
Watch your back around Nahiatsu
First Page 2
 Ramuh.Stillstinky
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Stillstinky 2008-12-02 02:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nahiatsu on Ramuh server (formerly known as Tygiuu when he was on Kujata server) has managed to successfully swindle me out of a very rare item. Unfortunately it's my own fault for being too damn nice and trusting.

A few months back I received a Bellonna's ring in a cross-server trade for a Cerberus Mantle +1 that I arranged through FFXIAH.com bazaar listings. Hoping to make a bit of a profit since my server has never had an AV kill, I advertised the ring for sale for several weeks. I finally found a buyer, Nahiatsu.

Nahiatsu transferred to Ramuh shortly before this deal was brokered. He is a Mandau holder, currently in the Insurrection HNMLS on Ramuh. Given the "one-of-a-kind" nature of this ring on our server, the deal was for 25 million gil and a pair of homam legs that he said he could get, as he claimed to run his own Limbus LS that did mercenary runs. After talking to him for several days, I got the impression that he was a decent guy. We both took a few days to "sleep on it" before mutually agreeing to go ahead with the deal. Nahiatsu said he had 12 million gil available up front and could provide the rest within "a week or two." As collateral, he offered to give me some expensive items to hold. I accepted 12 million gil, an Osode, and an E Bow and relinquished the ring to him that night.

I only wish I had known then what I know now.

In the days and weeks following the trade things began to feel a bit strange. Nahiatsu stopped responding as quickly as he used to do. When I asked about the next scheduled Omega run he was very wishy washy, saying he "wasn't sure" and that "people weren't around to do it this week." This was the answer whenever I asked. To date I have never actually seen him in Limbus. Wheather or not he actually does run a Limbus shell I do not know, I've not yet been able to find proof either way.

The other 13 million gil never materialized. A story was offered in an attempt to explain this delay. Nahiatsu claimed to have sent all of his gil to Kujata on a mule to buy dynamis currency, citing excessively high prices on Ramuh. He stated that he was working on a G horn and was on the final stage. Whiteshells are notoriously overpriced on Ramuh, so this was fairly believable. This mule supposedly had the bulk of his gil and he claimed to be slowly purchasing shells. Every week he said "next weekend I'll be done" but then on Monday morning would always say "Demo LS beat me to the bazzars, one more weekend."

Fastforward two months. For the last three weeks Nahiatsu has not acknowledged any of my attempts to communicate. He does not return tells in game. He does not return POL messages. He does not return to PM's on his own LS forums. He does not respond to threads posted on his forums saying "If you see Nahiatsu please ask him to send me a tell." He has apparently told at least a few of his ls mates that he "has a problem with his POL messages" and that is why he hasn't been in touch with me.

Right.

the fact of the matter is I see him changing zones, send him a tell, and he never answers. I ask my friends to send him a tell, he answers, and as soon as he realizes that the person is just telling him to talk to me he ignores them too.

I'm an idiot for trusting this guy. He's never going to pay up. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation with this guy don't trust him. If he wants to buy something from you, wants to join your LS, wants anything... watch your back. you could be next.

I know Bellonna's ring may not be the best item or seem like much of a big deal to people but it's not the value of the item that is up for debate here. It's the fact that he boned me out of 13 million gil and some r/ex gear. A deal's a deal.
[+]
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2008-12-02 02:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

/comfort :( that totally blows buddy. its too bad that NA players are pretty greedy >.< atleast u got the osode + ebow. another 4-5 mill right there.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Quietgansta 2008-12-02 02:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were you I would do anything, and everything to try and bring this *** down in any form or way, rumors, slander etc anything to bring down his reputation. Lol he has it s/sed on his profile. http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=7124
Ironic how he is a THF in game, maybe hes a thf in rl? Lol.
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2008-12-02 03:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol hes in botsurrection... speaks for itself. not sure if u can taint anything that low already >.<
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2008-12-02 06:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you call a GM? For any large transaction like this where you won't be getting the gil right away you should always contact a GM first anyways.

"First, we will confiscate all items and gil that the scammer gained. Additionally, if the scammed items and gil have been traded to a third party, they may be confiscated from that party. If the items or gil no longer exist, items equivalent to the value of the scammed items will be confiscated."
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-02 09:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowarrior said:
its too bad that NA players are pretty greedy.

Um, how do you know it was a NA player?
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-02 10:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The actions of one unscrupulous player are not indicative of all players from that nation....thankfully! I wouldn't say you were an idiot for trusting the guy btw Stillstinky(good name).Maybe you can contact a GM and see about getting the rest of the gil or your item back as Baelorn suggested.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-12-02 12:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly certain a GM will just tell you to get ***. You did hit the 'Trade' button...

I know this has been a GM's stance over the first few years of the game... I dont know how it is today, I havent had a problem like this in ages because I just stopped making deals like that cause stuff like this happens too often.

These days, anything large to sell like that I use the bazaar function... if they cant afford to buy it from my bazzar, then they cant have it. It's foolproof trading.
 Odin.Siveria
user: scyris
By Odin.Siveria 2008-12-02 12:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You could get this person banned for using windower, the proof is in the screen shot XD
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2008-12-02 13:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... I was meriting with this person the other day, said something about how you weren't on for the pants.
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2008-12-02 14:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sovereign said:
These days, anything large to sell like that I use the bazaar function... if they cant afford to buy it from my bazzar, then they cant have it. It's foolproof trading.

^

There are situations where I'd consider not doing this, but it's only with the people who've been in tHS/Seppuku for a long time and I've developed a friendship and personal history with them.
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2008-12-02 15:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

if i were u id talk ***about him all day long in whitegate. thats so sleezy. and yeah try to GM him and get him banned LOL
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2008-12-02 15:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sovereign said:
I'm fairly certain a GM will just tell you to get ***.

It probably depends on the GM and it has to be within a week of the transaction. That quote was straight out of GM policy...they hate when you start referencing it lol. I know several people who were able to get an item back from someone that failed to pay up and it never took more than one GM call for them. You can always escalate the call as well if you're patient.
 Odin.Marigrim
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-02 15:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowarrior said:
its too bad that NA players are pretty greedy

I'm not N/A personally but even I found that to be offensive, is it your view on things that every nation of gamer's is some stereotype, meaning all people of your nationality are racist and narrow minded?

P.S. I'm really sorry that happened to you, I agree with many of the posts here a GM call may be a good idea.
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2008-12-02 15:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Marigrim said:
Shadowarrior said:
/comfort :( that totally blows buddy. its too bad that NA players are pretty greedy &gt;.&lt; atleast u got the osode + ebow. another 4-5 mill right there.

I'm not N/A personally but even I found that to be offensive, is it your view on things that every nation of gamer's is some stereotype, meaning all people of your nationality are racist and narrow minded?

P.S. I'm really sorry that happened to you, I agree with many of the posts here a GM call may be a good idea.

lets say hypothetically you lotted on a manteel in AH and u accidentally lotted on the item under it. how many NA people do u know would return the 4 mill no strings attatched? ummm even people in my own LS told me they wouldnt give it back. lol i can understand why people are jp onrys. plus theres a pretty huge culture gap between american and jp mentality. they are literally worlds apart if uve ever lived in japan... and i have to say jps are alot more respectful. but nonetheless i got my money back from the jp :) karma baby karma. im not really saying all NA people are bad. just most are pretty selfish! and as for the act of good will i tipped the guy 100+k
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-02 15:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowarrior said:
Marigrim said:
Shadowarrior said:
/comfort :( that totally blows buddy. its too bad that NA players are pretty greedy &gt;.&lt; atleast u got the osode + ebow. another 4-5 mill right there.
I'm not N/A personally but even I found that to be offensive, is it your view on things that every nation of gamer's is some stereotype, meaning all people of your nationality are racist and narrow minded? P.S. I'm really sorry that happened to you, I agree with many of the posts here a GM call may be a good idea.
lets say hypothetically you lotted on a manteel in AH and u accidentally lotted on the item under it. how many NA people do u know would return the 4 mill no strings attatched? ummm even people in my own LS told me they wouldnt give it back. lol i can understand why people are jp onrys. plus theres a pretty huge culture gap between american and jp mentality. they are literally worlds apart if uve ever lived in japan... and i have to say jps are alot more respectful. but nonetheless i got my money back from the jp :) karma baby karma.

yes I have lived in japan, and it's still racist to assume all people of one culture are a certain way, period.
 Alexander.Jammingjamie
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Jammingjamie 2008-12-02 15:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Straight forward example of trade scamming, its a bannable offense, shoulda called a GM soon as you thought something was up. They'll return the item to you even if he drops it, and then end up banning him
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2008-12-02 15:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Marigrim said:
Shadowarrior said:
Marigrim said:
Shadowarrior said:
I'm not N/A personally but even I found that to be offensive, is it your view on things that every nation of gamer's is some stereotype, meaning all people of your nationality are racist and narrow minded? P.S. I'm really sorry that happened to you, I agree with many of the posts here a GM call may be a good idea.
lets say hypothetically you lotted on a manteel in AH and u accidentally lotted on the item under it. how many NA people do u know would return the 4 mill no strings attatched? ummm even people in my own LS told me they wouldnt give it back. lol i can understand why people are jp onrys. plus theres a pretty huge culture gap between american and jp mentality. they are literally worlds apart if uve ever lived in japan... and i have to say jps are alot more respectful. but nonetheless i got my money back from the jp :) karma baby karma.

yes I have lived in japan, and it's still racist to assume all people of one culture are a certain way, period.

lol just cause its wrong doesnt mean people dont do it. i can admit that its wrong. doesnt stop me or anyone else from doing it ; ;
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-02 15:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowarrior said:
Marigrim said:
Shadowarrior said:
Marigrim said:
Shadowarrior said:
lol just cause its wrong doesnt mean people dont do it. i can admit that its wrong. doesnt stop me or anyone else from doing it ; ;

It's wrong I agree and people do it, what you said was wrong , and people do that too, I'm sorry it happened but nationality plays no part. Greed is a part of humanity not a part of one culture. My apologies for redirecting this post into a debate of narrow mindedness and culture debate but I couldn't ignore what I read. Best of luck to the author of this post; your opinions are your own and I will not further push my personal views of nationalism/racisim on you, I'm sorry it went this far.
~Mari
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2008-12-02 21:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowarrior said:
Marigrim said:
Shadowarrior said:

lets say hypothetically you lotted on a manteel in AH and u accidentally lotted on the item under it. how many NA people do u know would return the 4 mill no strings attatched? ummm even people in my own LS told me they wouldnt give it back. lol i can understand why people are jp onrys. plus theres a pretty huge culture gap between american and jp mentality. they are literally worlds apart if uve ever lived in japan... and i have to say jps are alot more respectful. but nonetheless i got my money back from the jp :) karma baby karma. im not really saying all NA people are bad. just most are pretty selfish! and as for the act of good will i tipped the guy 100+k

i like ur example, sadly i have to say i misbid on a NQ amemet HQ price back during that crazy christmas season when everything was ungodly expensive. some jp crafter happend to be the seller so i ask a jp friend if they could ask them to return the money after the seller ignored me. no go.
be they NA or JP or EU, everyone is different and there's always jerks in every nationality, dont put them all in the same pot tho if you happend to have a bad experience with someone.
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-02 21:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Conchita[/quote said:
i like ur example, sadly i have to say i misbid on a NQ amemet HQ price back during that crazy christmas season when everything was ungodly expensive. some jp crafter happend to be the seller so i ask a jp friend if they could ask them to return the money after the seller ignored me. no go. be they NA or JP or EU, everyone is different and there's always jerks in every nationality, dont put them all in the same pot tho if you happend to have a bad experience with someone.

Quoted for truth :)
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2008-12-03 00:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

well im a NA player and i payed back a guy who over payed me a waping 60k when i was broke so well it all depends on the player
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-03 03:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowarrior said:
plus theres a pretty huge culture gap between american and jp mentality. they are literally worlds apart if uve ever lived in japan... and i have to say jps are alot more respectful. im not really saying all NA people are bad. just most are pretty selfish!
By perpetuating your drivel, even if it is anecdotally true for you, you become a part of the problem and feed a self-fulfilling prophecy in the game.

Congratulations. Welcome to the middle.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-03 21:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Humans will be humans. There's no point in arguing that.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2008-12-05 10:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it doesn't make up for your gil personally Stinky but you know, scammers and LS's that allow scammers to reside end up paying in the end. Karma always comes back. We've taken what? 18 Ixions from them in the last month while they just stand by watching us kill it. They even "gave us" (lol wipe/cfh) a few. I know it won't return your personal gil but its karma coming to bite him in the ***.

Disclaimer: Even if he had not scammed you, we still would be taking nearly every single Ixion that pops on Ramuh ;-)
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-12-05 12:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cultural differences simply provide a lens through which human behavior is expressed.

That sounds very flowery, but what I'm trying to say is... there are an equal number of greedy, xenophobic *** in every country, and every culture. We're all human. Certain cultural differences can cause this bad behavior to be manifested and expressed in different ways. Sometimes it suppresses certain elements, while sometimes it exaggerates others.

Trying to make a blanket determination about the relative number of *** between two cultures via quirks in cultural differences is dangerous and misses the point. A JP *** and an NA *** are still equally bad people -- it just comes out in different ways depending where you're from.

Typically, because you're more used to a certain cultural "brand" of assholism from people within your own culture, you will sometimes feel that the bad behavior isn't as severe. On the other hand, the "new" brand of assholism you're experiencing coming from a player from another country seems more exaggerated and jarring by comparison.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-05 12:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
Cultural differences simply provide a lens through which human behavior is expressed.

That sounds very flowery, but what I'm trying to say is... there are an equal number of greedy, xenophobic *** in every country, and every culture. We're all human. Certain cultural differences can cause this bad behavior to be manifested and expressed in different ways. Sometimes it suppresses certain elements, while sometimes it exaggerates others.

Trying to make a blanket determination about the relative number of *** between two cultures via quirks in cultural differences is dangerous and misses the point. A JP *** and an NA *** are still equally bad people -- it just comes out in different ways depending where you're from.

Typically, because you're more used to a certain cultural "brand" of assholism from people within your own culture, you will sometimes feel that the bad behavior isn't as severe. On the other hand, the "new" brand of assholism you're experiencing coming from a player from another country seems more exaggerated and jarring by comparison.

You say it so nicely, I can't add anything. QFT!!! :D
 Ramuh.Stillstinky
By Ramuh.Stillstinky 2008-12-15 00:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want everybody to know that this debt has now been paid in full. I got the final 2 million gil tonight. Thanks very much to Nahiatsu for making everything right. It is genuinely appreciated.
 Ramuh.Guffy
user: Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2008-12-15 02:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats good to hear that he made it right, did you ever get the Homam pants from the deal? Maybe the dude did end up having problems with the mule on the other server and stuff. Either that or he got sick of all your friends harrasing him via PM. Either way, you got it back, lol, and Congratulations on your Mandau.
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-15 06:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

si si si sorry about the race defense posts XD glad you got it back ^^
First Page 2