Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-24 09:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[Main] All Races
DPS: 6.05 DMG:23 Delay:228
LV 75 RDM PLD BLU
Augment: Damage +17 Delay +36 (DMG 40, Delay 264 )
Occasionally attacks twice
proc: 40%

Trial of the Magians Sword Path:150, 151, 152, 158, 159, 160

Wow they finally gave us a multi hit weapon ^^

Edited: 1/6/10
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-24 09:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww, Brue Mage gets all the nifty shtuff when I leave.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-24 09:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a pretty easy quest. Time consuming yes, worse than cleaning weapons BUT unlike the relic quests you don't have to land the finishing blow so you could easily make this a linkshell event r something.

There are two paths to the same augment, one requires trading 10 of a drop from a VNM, however since little is known about these at the moment your probably best off taking Path 161 instead of 160. They both lead to Antea, however one doesn't require claiming a very difficult low drop rate NM multiple times, just killing more mobs which you may find easier

Edit: I don't have it, was in Limbo last night! 1/3 on Serpopard Ishtar, then you kill Tottering Toby, then Drooling Daisy, then you focus on killing 300-600 of specific monsters. The only exceptionally difficult one is the clusters because the only place they are EP to 75 is Mount Zhayolm
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-24 09:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Be aware choosing the easier path 161 for the final version the sword damage stays at 23 making it trash only by killing the VNM will give the sword 40 damage.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-24 09:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

VNM ?
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-24 09:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

im 176birds away from havent Antea Lv1
Maybe after i get sleep i will finish up the missions line for this. Time consuming more than anything.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-24 09:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
This is a pretty easy quest. Time consuming yes, worse than cleaning weapons
Kind of off topic but I just find it odd people call the weaponskill point quests "cleaning" weapons. I've always heard breaking/breaking latent or getting weaponskill points. Anyone else call it cleaning? :o
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-24 09:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
Kind of off topic but I just find it odd people call the weaponskill point quests "cleaning" weapons. I've always heard breaking/breaking latent or getting weaponskill points. Anyone else call it cleaning? :o
Yeah it seems like some servers call it cleaning. Never heard that till started posting on here
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 10:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

10 Ruthven's nails for the good version :(
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-24 10:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
Yeah it seems like some servers call it cleaning. Never heard that till started posting on here
Sylph is the only one I've seen/heard it called that.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-24 10:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
VNM ?
http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90729

This link is to the BG thread containing all the current information on the VNMs (Voidwalker Notorious Monsters).
 Seraph.Iria
Server: Seraph
user: Iria
By Seraph.Iria 2010-03-24 12:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

10 Ruthven Nails going to take a while to get, probably will need to farm about 5-6 Lord Ruthvens (on average) to get 10. Luckily can farm the tier1 VNM solo, and do the tier2 with a group of 6 players, just you need an alliance for the tier3. Also, I'm later going to ask my LS if I can buy those nails from other member's Ruthvens. But in the end, this will be the BEST offhand sword for BLU. Koggelmander or whatever won't come close to having a near-Ridill for BLU lol (assuming you actually melee).
 Cerberus.Starwynd
Server: Cerberus
user: Starwind
By Cerberus.Starwynd 2010-04-05 13:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Suggestion for your bird kills, find someone who's lvl 10-12 and sync with them in King Ramparre's tomb. I had a second account that I used for a leech for the sync and went around killing bats, yes bats! as bird kills. (Found that out by killing bats in Tor. Canal)
At night you can go outside and kill ding bats, and stay in the lower cave for the other bats that are always there. Being low lvl mobs means they'll die faster so you can move on faster. took maybe 2 hours (had some ppl come in and ruin the kills) you could also find other lvl sync ranges for where birds or bats are EP and easy to kill.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-05 13:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Any word on the proc rate yet? :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-05 13:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

40%, does not stack with DA trait or gear like the Jailer weapons do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-05 13:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah well, that's still pretty beastly o.o
 Carbuncle.Zitale
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-04-05 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
They both lead to Antea, however one doesn't require claiming a very difficult low drop rate NM multiple times, just killing more mobs which you may find easier
The fun thing with most paths is that you can team-up, and help each others.
For 3/4x small NM, it happened often that everyone who need teamed-up ... and if someone had to go afk, we made sure he'd get the win too(killing NM close to him). Sometime I got help (they killed NM while I went to sleep), sometime I gave help.

I'm glad SE allowed us to team-up for theses! make theses MUCH more fun too! even the 100-to-400-mobs trials ^^
By Abenx 2010-04-05 14:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually in this thread here:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=16&mid=1269382568255451138&num=31&page=1

Perdu/Koggel and Perdu/antea are nearly equal with top end blu gear. Which one pulls ahead is dependent upon the situation and whether you are favoring spells or sword DoT for damage.

soulsaber w/ dex and str are also compared some, and if you use all the acc from the soulsaber, it also is very useful.

If antea was occasionly attacks 2-3 times then it would be a different story.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-05 16:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Abenx said:
Actually in this thread here: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=16&mid=1269382568255451138&num=31&page=1 Perdu/Koggel and Perdu/antea are nearly equal with top end blu gear. Which one pulls ahead is dependent upon the situation and whether you are favoring spells or sword DoT for damage. soulsaber w/ dex and str are also compared some, and if you use all the acc from the soulsaber, it also is very useful. If antea was occasionly attacks 2-3 times then it would be a different story.

good problem solved don't get 1 then lol

On another note w 40% OAT wow this is nuts its only 5% less than joytoy I cannt wait to finish mine. i'll go kogg/antea until until i feel like doing a soulsaber +4str +14att to replace my kogg then i'll be going soulsaber/antea. Ty se you guys finally showed blu a lil love ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-05 16:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah why replace koggles with 4str/att!?!
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-05 16:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah why replace koggles with 4str/att!?!

I'm in no rush. I'll eventually do a soulsaber because i believe these swords will probably be upgradable again after they extend the trials(which se said they were) and we climb to lv 99. Kogg perdu ect... cannt be upgraded. I could be wrong we'll just have to see.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-05 16:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get a map of the direct path of how I can go about obtaining this weapon?. PLease and thanks.

~Neon~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-05 16:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Abenx said:
Actually in this thread here:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=16&mid=1269382568255451138&num=31&page=1

Perdu/Koggel and Perdu/antea are nearly equal with top end blu gear. Which one pulls ahead is dependent upon the situation and whether you are favoring spells or sword DoT for damage.

soulsaber w/ dex and str are also compared some, and if you use all the acc from the soulsaber, it also is very useful.

If antea was occasionly attacks 2-3 times then it would be a different story.
I find his math lacking. At a glance, he's using meat in an uncapped accuracy situation and there's no comparison of Kogg/Antea (better than Perdu/Antea unless the acc matters). Looks like he's ignoring TP return from WS as well. Crab Sushi with a more STR/attack heavy build would be more effective all around, as he's probably not capping spell accuracy without undesirable sacrifices either.

tl;dr bad math is bad
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-05 17:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Can I get a map of the direct path of how I can go about obtaining this weapon?. PLease and thanks.

~Neon~
LOL w that ***is in the op
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-05 18:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Also be aware of "I'll get the weaker one til I find enough ruthven's nails" Mentality. The Antae (And all Magian OAT weapons) have the <Rare> Tag. Thus having one will block you from getting the other until it is tossed. Though it is possible to get the final weaker version, and take another sword up to the second to last trial before it turns into Antea.