First Merge Impressions?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » First merge impressions?
First merge impressions?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-03-26 10:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Other then that its been great, nyzul parties will in 5 minutes not 50, always some one doing something. Have not tried lfp yet but got all weekend to lvl pld. Best thing is most people i have ran into dont give a hoot what server you where on.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-03-26 11:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen this amount of shouts in WG in years!!! And some of the shouts are the kind that belong back in 2005 too...

But yeah, I gtfo of WG as fast as I can now. Have even considered filtering out shouts altogether.
 Fairy.Benaru
Server: Fairy
user: Benaru
By Fairy.Benaru 2010-03-26 11:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind the merge really, new chance to meet some new peeps and keep the game a live a little bit, maybe. What I really want from the merge is lower prices and maybe some freaking ballista to go on
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-26 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Benaru said:
I don't mind the merge really, new chance to meet some new peeps and keep the game a live a little bit, maybe. What I really want from the merge is lower prices and maybe some freaking ballista to go on
Hurry up, you missed 2 matches. 60 cap mountains and uncapped jugner. I'm headed to marshlands in a bit
 Fairy.Ligerzero
user: Ligerzero
By Fairy.Ligerzero 2010-03-26 13:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Fairy.Benaru said:
Hurry up, you missed 2 matches. 60 cap mountains and uncapped jugner. I'm headed to marshlands in a bit

missed ballista all week because of school, this blows. they any good? i saw a bunch of JPs in my shout logs
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2010-03-27 11:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike that they put the new avatar items in my favorite mining spot, but on the other hand there are plenty of ore to skill up with on the auction house. Keep the adaman coming please.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-03-27 12:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Im loving the prices on Leviathan everything is much cheaper than Remora, went on a shopping spree the first day ^_^, parties are ok still hard to find tank an pld at times, did a shout for Nyzle 41 got a full group within 10 min, took hrs on Remora.
 Leviathan.Crosis
user: CrosisX
By Leviathan.Crosis 2010-03-27 12:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly its no too bad being merged with the Remorans. Just i wish there was a hell of a lot less Whitegate spam.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Budoukiba
user: Budou
By Sylph.Budoukiba 2010-03-27 13:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the merge was a good idea, more people for more events. Only negative is there are more asshats to deal with, but every server has them.
By semimmortal 2010-03-27 16:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, leveling low lvled jobs became easier now (party invites was amazing, was shocked I even got one at lvl 12 lol).
Reached lvl 30 in just one night, /joy :)

One thing though I hated, not a biggie and was more hilarious thanks to the /shout chat logs, was the camps. There was around 7 pts in Dunes, even more in Qufim. Everyone was running around like as if they're after Argus or something lol.
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-03-29 00:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of disappointed in the merge myself. Apparently because Sylph had a casual dynamis schedule where nobody knew what anyone else was doing, and Fairy had a strict one, that's Fairy's fault.

That and the whole "It's our server, you suck," view some people have taken. I'm told the /sh wars in Whitegate are difficult to equal.

C'mon folks, it's not like we willingly came and overran your server. We were forced to. And when it comes down to it, we outnumber you, too :3
 Bismarck.Seiver
user: Seiver
By Bismarck.Seiver 2010-03-29 00:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spiriel said:
That and the whole "It's our server, you suck," view some people have taken.
i thought we would have that too but the Bismark people seemed to have welcomed us.
 Leviathan.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-03-29 00:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

plenty for pts and the stupid ***but to me doesnt outweigh the constant server lag.. its prolly minor compared to back in the day.. but after no lag for so long, u can notice it.
 Valefor.Ladyari
Server: Valefor
user: Ladyari
By Valefor.Ladyari 2010-03-29 16:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spiriel said:
Apparently because Sylph had a casual dynamis schedule where nobody knew what anyone else was doing, and Fairy had a strict one, that's Fairy's fault.

Valefor didn't seem to regularly use a Dyna calendar like Kujata did either. However, it seems the two servers worth of EGLSs have started working thing out.

Bismarck.Seiver said:
Sylph.Spiriel said:
That and the whole "It's our server, you suck," view some people have taken.
i thought we would have that too but the Bismark people seemed to have welcomed us.

Yea Valefor overall has been very kind. Then again, I've had /sh filters on for well over 2-3 years so even if there were a lot of spam, I wouldn't see it lol...
 Fairy.Sandman
user: sandman16
By Fairy.Sandman 2010-04-07 20:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was really angry over the merge at first, I still am, but not at sylph, Im angry at SE for the careless "Eat our ***, choke and die" mentality towards us through out this process. I saw alot of people from sylph acting pretentious towards us on the forums and that soured me a great deal, but I wanted to continue playing and give sylph the benefit of the doubt. It may still be too early to be certain of my convictions here, but I feel pretty confident that sylph is a bad joke.
Don't get me wrong, we had our morons back on Fairy, but I haven't seen such broad and socialy accepted dumbfuckedry like this since the ps2 noob boon. Parties invite you to rep someone then break, sometimes not even a full 1000xp after your arrival, (usually after someone levels), I've had this happen pretty reguarly since I got here, now instead of asking the level cap or camp location I ask if the party members are natives or fellow Fairies. I don't always place a great deal of importance on gear, however, a level 65+ pld should not be tanking in garnet rings under any circumstances, gil really isn't a issue there, I've noticed alot of other people that we're badly undergeared, and you don't need "Best of the Best" to play well but you do need perform perform roles with, atleast some measure of competence, and in that reguard sylph is mostly a failure. The Nyzul randoms I've joined we're too sorry to describe, and the dynamis situation on this server defies belief. Before the merge I got to surfing the relic section on this site and noticed that sylph had very respectable amount of relics, any server with that many relics had to have some manner of function within their dynamis community. I was wrong, cause sylph has none. We've been jacked for every single zone we've scheduled since the merge. I watched one sylph link jack another sylph link for bastok, this was after we had scheduled it since before the merge. There has to be some competent natives on this server, I atleast hold some hope there is. I'm stuck feeling like some 17th centry expansionist carring the "Whiteman's Burden" unto the heathen aborigines. Sadly SE should change the name of this server to Shortbus, atleast until the natives adopt our civilized and productive manners and customs.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-08 02:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Sylph has a high amount of JP & TW "Elitist Players". I personally don't like the fact either that Sylph is seperated in 2 groups kinda. Elitists and total dumbass gimps. The elitists most likely wouldnt join random stuff (like Nyzul, Exp etc), unlike its JP Onry or you have a good rep. There are of course also a lot NA / EU players with Relics and hot gear, but they usually have the same attitude as some JPs... maybe not as bad tho.
So ya... I guess for non- Sylph ppl it takes a while to find out who's nice and which ppl you better dont invite to an exp party or do Nyzul with.
 Sylph.Biginallways
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2010-04-08 02:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My only complaint with sylph is the fact that they don't follow a dynamis schedule AT ALL. Pretty dumb, considering that it forces everyone to jack zones. I like the people though. I don't really level jobs unless it's with people I know so I haven't run into any noobs. There are definately more relics here than I expected to see, which is crazy because currency is unbelievably expensive. Montiont Silverpieces go for 1.5 million. Never seen currency go that high. Oh well, supply and demand and all that. Here's to carrying the fun to sylph!
By Sornstarguh 2010-04-08 02:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just glad I can put my worthless crap on the AH and it might sell.

Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-08 03:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Biginallways said:
My only complaint with sylph is the fact that they don't follow a dynamis schedule AT ALL. Pretty dumb, considering that it forces everyone to jack zones. I like the people though. I don't really level jobs unless it's with people I know so I haven't run into any noobs. There are definately more relics here than I expected to see, which is crazy because currency is unbelievably expensive. Montiont Silverpieces go for 1.5 million. Never seen currency go that high. Oh well, supply and demand and all that. Here's to carrying the fun to sylph!

Well, we have a few Dynamis Shells that actually use a schedule - like Amalgam and Visions. But we have certain Shells (Minttea, Spider etc) who don't care and still jack the zones. Has always been like that.
 Fairy.Akazla
user: Akazia
By Fairy.Akazla 2010-04-08 11:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My overall impression of Sylph is that for the most part, the people here are pretty cool. Like any other server, you have your WG drama/shout queens that like to shout just to see their name on the screen. The whole "My epeen is bigger than your epeen" shouts can be rather entertaining when you are busy crafting or LFP in WG.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-08 11:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still undecided, but one thing I noticed is that everytime I went to help a random shout in Whitegate, the party, or other people willing to help, have always been from Fairy.

Hopefully a fluke, but I've gone back to being a recluse in-game so it hardly matters >.<

Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-04-08 11:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Sylph.Biginallways said:

Well, we have a few Dynamis Shells that actually use a schedule - like Amalgam and Visions. But we have certain Shells (Minttea, Spider etc) who don't care and still jack the zones. Has always been like that.

I've never seen or heard of any Dynamis Scheduling that Amalgam does. Whenever I asked what site they used to Schedule, I got ignored.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-09 02:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course Thyla always used a schedule... I dunno which one cause I never really cared, but he did. So did Visions. Dunno if they still use a schedule as we and visions got jacked by the said shells anyway.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-09 02:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
I'm still undecided, but one thing I noticed is that everytime I went to help a random shout in Whitegate, the party, or other people willing to help, have always been from Fairy.

Hopefully a fluke, but I've gone back to being a recluse in-game so it hardly matters >.<

You might be right. I'm not used to see any Sylph ppl helping with random shouts either. Rarely happens (I won't say it never happens).
 Bismarck.Dricent
user: Dricent
By Bismarck.Dricent 2010-04-09 08:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismark is great and all but campaign is kinda ruined now and theres no real hope of doing a FoV in Cape Teriggan seeing as how there is always something close to 50 people in that zone at all times trying to do FoV >_>. It also now takes me over and hour to get 1k campaign exp now....
 Fairy.Miaras
user: Miaras
By Fairy.Miaras 2010-04-09 12:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/farewell Fairy.

The glory days for end game were well and truely dead anyway. On a brighter note, iizerg, is pritty fun. :3
 Fairy.Ligerzero
user: Ligerzero
By Fairy.Ligerzero 2010-04-09 13:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i do enjoy the stories of whining or attempts to steal, been a while since that has happened on fairy