Forum » FFXI » General » New Xbox update not letting me get on ffxi
New Xbox update not letting me get on ffxi
 Carbuncle.Vepreubian
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: vep
By Carbuncle.Vepreubian 2008-11-26 16:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if anyone knows how to play after this new update. Ive heard from people to reinstall the game. But the disc doesn't even even load the game to reinstall, it just says "Please download game again" and sends me to the xbox dashboard. xbox.com/support doesn't know wth is going on. Is there anything i can do if it doesn't even let me reinstall the game?
 Bismarck.Dracan
Server: Bismarck
user: Dracan
By Bismarck.Dracan 2008-11-26 16:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This patch was weird it seems only some ppl are having trouble logging on after it. I had no problems but had 2 friends that did. One was able to just reinstall and had no trouble. Second was same as you, he actually deleted ALL FFXI from his hardrive and then was able to reinstall. Hope it works for ya! GL

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I installed the game to my Xbox HDD and now it wont read the disc at all, but I can boot up POL from the HDD I just gotta have the disc in.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2008-11-26 17:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I have heard, you need to uninstall Just POL from the xbox HD, then reinstall it. No need to touch the game data itself.
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2008-11-26 18:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If your still having trouble with it, as did i from hearing what has already been said, try putting in the WOTG disc. I had the same issue your describing with the bundle disc i normally played on, however the WOTG disc allowed me to access the "You didnt log off right last time" screen, which on it has the option to un-install/re-install.

After i did that i was fine, plays on bundle disc... really weird and fairly upsetting... Esp when the day of the update i had an Omega
 Ifrit.Cright
Server: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2008-12-01 10:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to use the WoTG disc to reinstalled POL and WoTG content to get mine working again.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-02 02:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We just got a new XBOX 360 Elite and when we transferred all the games to the new hard drive it worked fine until we did the update for the xbox experience,it then wouldn't load and gave various error codes.I am part way through a complete reinstall now.I hope it works!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [320 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Oshikuro
user: Oshikuro
By Gilgamesh.Oshikuro 2009-10-18 08:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry its been a long time since the last post on this but im having problems.
Whenever i try to load of the play online viewer from the dashboard it says the disk is unreadable. It did this before when my xbox froze and so i had to turn it off without shutting down FF properly.
The only reason i got it working again was by using a completely different hard drive and installing FF again.
And now its done the same on this hard drive. There is no way for me to delete or uninstall it as FF doesnt show up in my memory. It is also the 2008 edition and so is only one disk, no WotG to use to try and re install it.
Before the new update, when it wouldnt read the disk i could clear the system cache and then re install it but at least it got it working.
I also know that there is nothing wrong with the disk as it ran fine when i had to re install before.
I've checked xbox support and searched and stuff but no luck, hope someone can help me out as i dont have any more hard drives to install it to. I cant play FF at all, really need to get back on.
Please Helpppp!
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-10-18 08:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing for it.

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-18 09:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

From the way you talk about NEEDING to get on, I'd say it's a sign from your xbox saying go outside and take a break.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-18 09:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
From the way you talk about NEEDING to get on, I'd say it's a sign from your xbox saying go outside and take a break.

I love when people post stuff like this on an internet forum. Sweet irony how i love you so.
 Seraph.Hataki
Server: Seraph
user: Symbah
By Seraph.Hataki 2009-10-18 11:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had many problems similar to this.. its all very frustrating indeed. In June, I didn't really get to play at all, I was too busy sending in my Xbox over and over trying to figure out the problem. Well, in my case, I also had the.. "Unable to read disc" message, and I didn't quite understand it. After some experimenting, I found out if I took my HD out, the disc would play. So, at that point I thought my HD was somehow corrupted. Well, after deleting and reintalling FF about 4 time.. I was a bit aggravated. After reading about someone else's troubles, I found that I should be able to play again if I DL'd both PoL and FF to my 360. well, I had the basic HD, and I soon found out it wasn't able to hold both PoL and FF.. so needless to say, I had to buy an upgraded HD! x_x
Yeah, about the "Unable to read disc" message, I have no idea why it says that.. I've used brand new discs right out of the package, and it will still come up with that error message. So if you have a better HD than the basic one like the one I had, I highly suggest you DL both PoL and FF!

Well, a new Xbox from Microsoft, a new FF disc(Total of 7 now), and a new HD, I am now having no problems at all. Last 2 months have been great, no error messages or anything. GL trying to get on! o_<;
 Bahamut.Branwen
Server: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-18 11:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Microsofts ploy to get you to buy another HD wins XD
Im actually glad I uninstalled it from my Xbox.
 Gilgamesh.Oshikuro
By Gilgamesh.Oshikuro 2009-10-18 11:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheers hataki, the problem is though when i try to install the PoL disk to the hard drive it says installation of this game isnt supported. It says that on both my 120gb hard drive and the 20gb from my old xbox which i was previously running it from this morning before it messed up just like the bigger one.
So im still pretty stuck, ive been running other games, then trying it again but still no luck.

Edit: Also why is it that no FF data shows up when i go to the memory, i find that weird even though theres still the 7gb that FF takes up when installed.
 Seraph.Hataki
Server: Seraph
user: Symbah
By Seraph.Hataki 2009-10-18 11:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

People at Microsoft seem completely puzzled on how you play FF.. I called multiple times about my Xbox, and had to explain how FF worked. All they ever wanted me to do is send in my Xbox over and over. Just because they didn't know the problem.

Yeah, I spent $100, but meh.. I've spent a heck of a lot more on FF, and I'd do it again if I had to!

Edit:: Game isn't supported? Hmm, I haven't got a message like that. Do you get that message when you try to DL PoL, or is it just when you load the disc?
 Gilgamesh.Oshikuro
By Gilgamesh.Oshikuro 2009-10-18 12:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hataki said:

Edit:: Game isn't supported? Hmm, I haven't got a message like that. Do you get that message when you try to DL PoL, or is it just when you load the disc?

I get the message when i go to "Install to HD" I thought it just didnt work but then my friend has also been able to install it to the HD. Technology in my life has been pretty ***. Or maybe im just really unlucky.
 Ramuh.Sturm
Server: Ramuh
user: Fedaykin
By Ramuh.Sturm 2009-10-18 13:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

why dont u try to clear system cache

SE did warn ppl via POL that doing so will wipe all FFXI data of your hard drive and i havnt seen em post it been fixed yet its worth a try at least.
 Gilgamesh.Oshikuro
By Gilgamesh.Oshikuro 2009-10-18 13:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sturm said:
why dont u try to clear system cache

SE did warn ppl via POL that doing so will wipe all FFXI data of your hard drive and i havnt seen em post it been fixed yet its worth a try at least.

Unfortunately that was fixed in the latest xbox update, it was what i was doing before it was changed whenever it messed up but now it doesnt effect FF in anyway.
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-10-18 13:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Old thread is old.

(Necrobump for 320 days. Read all of the thread -.-)

(Edit: And the post that necrobumped it is old as well)