Forum » FFXI » General » getting in a HNM ls
getting in a HNM ls
 Shiva.Lucant
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Lucant
By Shiva.Lucant 2010-03-22 23:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

hey fellow ffxi players what are tips of getting into a HNM ls?

i am needing some HNM drops and have 4 75's.BLM is my main and have sea and sky access
By Antonaki 2010-03-23 00:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Lucant said:
hey fellow ffxi players what are tips of getting into a HNM ls?

i am needing some HNM drops and have 4 75's.BLM is my main and have sea and sky access

Most of the uptheirownarse type HNMls expect you to have leet gear, capped merits and be able to solo AV with your eyes closed and be online 24/7.

Most normal HNMls require what you have. BLM/Sky/Sea. you should be fine. Know your job, play it well and be willing to take critisism/comments about your gear/abilities versus certain things. good luck. :D
 Valefor.Shystie
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Shystie
By Valefor.Shystie 2010-03-23 00:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

To get into an HNMLS, you will need to put in some work (if you havent already). As Antonako stated, you will need to have merits. They also want you to be versatile, usually requiring a mage and a melee job. You have RDM BLM DRK and PLD so you are good to go there.

I wouldn't expect to play your PLD hardly ever at events. HNMLS usually have people who PLD 95% of the time. For your DRK, if you dont already, you will need a Zerg Setup.

If you apply, upon acceptance, expect to play BLM and/or RDM the most. If you already know which HNMLS you wish to apply for, you can contact them and find what type of merits they want for particular jobs. You need to be flexible to change your merits some for how they desire to use you. You can ask if you can come to some of their events and help out. You don't have to be on a trial period for this. Say you are interested in applying to them, but before you do, you want to get a feel what it is like to work with them. This allows you the opportunity to show skills (so bring your A game) and also shows that you aren't just making an uneducated decision about which ls you wish to join.

If you really wanted to increase your chances, find out which job(s) they are in need of and level it up ASAP. In my experience on Valefor, it's usually BRD and WHM. Which I have both so its not an issue for me. However, I tend to get stuck on BRD and WHM and never get to melee which sucks balls.

Oh, another thing I see people get denied from is not taking the time to put together their application. Be specific on the Application and don't give the short answer. Elaborate if it requires it. And for the love of Altana make sure you use that ls's template and post it in the correct spot on their forum.

Anyways, good luck on your search and I hope I could assist some. =)

~Happy Hunting!