Forum » FFXI » General » One hit WS parse
One hit WS parse
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-21 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I know someone on here is likely to have the link to the parse that shows the accuracy on 1-hit WS while blinded against robber crabs >_>

Anyone? XD
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-21 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have it, long lost on BG if you care to look for it, but I was in the thread, saw the results and can confirm that 1-hit ws' do gain a huge acc bonus.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-21 11:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

To sum it up, 95%.

I don't have the actual parse offhand and I don't know where it was from. I'm unsure if it's even a credible source but I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Wait for Vegetto to catch the thread.

Edit: Oh he was in before me anyway.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-21 11:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. I don't know where the old data is, but there's more recent data where Failure and Kirschy proved the acc bonus applied to Kaiten and Cata, respectively. I'll dig up the posts rq.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-21 11:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's 95%, but I'm looking for it to show it to a friend that I'm debating it with.

Thanks for the quick replies guys XD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-21 11:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3515080

Mentions of Cata, MT, and Kaiten in low ACC gear generally parsing at 95% accuracy and a brief parse from Failure on Kuftal crabs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-21 11:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hows this? Good enough for me to say not all 1 hit wss

Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-21 11:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty! <3
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-21 11:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hows this? Good enough for me to say not all 1 hit wss

Is the dagger and sword on the same parse? For example were you floored w/ sword, higher w/ dagger, the two averaged to 23%, ect ect?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-21 11:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, certain WS definitely don't get the boost. Slugwinder's the most notorious example of this, though acc varies with TP should be a giveaway. I've wondered about the early WS as well... YGK, SC, SS, GS, WT (lol) and at least the 2-hander single hit relic WS's definitely do though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-21 11:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw those were seperate parses as a rdm/blu. Didn't want to mess things up with potential offhand hits or double/triple attack. Also my skill in each is about the same on that job combo
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-21 11:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I notice both of those are stun/bind as opposed to dmg ones, may have something to do with it. Should redo your test w/ shark bite or something. (or is that 2hit ? I forget maybe thinking of viper bite) oh hell just do mandalic stab, lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-21 11:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Also, I notice both of those are stun/bind as opposed to dmg ones, may have something to do with it. Should redo your test w/ shark bite or something.
I would except triple attack procs would throw my results off. Also they are dmg. Just have additional effects. Just like sams can silence...

What I don't show is without pots I had near capped acc and then the ws seemed a little higher
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-21 11:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Blinding pots would give you enough of an acc difference that I think you could still draw a conclusion for your data.

Also Shadowstitch isn't damage varies, it's duration varies.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-21 11:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Also, I notice both of those are stun/bind as opposed to dmg ones, may have something to do with it. Should redo your test w/ shark bite or something.
I would except triple attack procs would throw my results off
Not at all, can pick those out by hand. a TA proc would leave you w/ 1 or 2 tp (1 tp if one hit lands, 2 tp if both lands). If you're not getting 5+. Can gauge initial hit by tp return.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-21 11:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

YGK are unlike normal status-changing WSs, in that the damage still varies with TP. Guillotine, for instance, gets a Silence mod at higher TP, not more damage.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-21 11:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I would except triple attack procs would throw my results off. Also they are dmg. Just have additional effects. Just like sams can silence...

What I don't show is without pots I had near capped acc and then the ws seemed a little higher
They deal damage, yes but what I meant by dmg ws are ones that can actually like deal enough dmg to warrant using it for anything but the additional effect.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-21 11:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
YGK are unlike normal status-changing WSs, in that the damage still varies with TP. Guillotine, for instance, gets a Silence mod at higher TP, not more damage.
Also, that
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-21 11:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I would except triple attack procs would throw my results off
Not at all, can pick those out by hand. a TA proc would leave you w/ 1 or 2 tp (1 tp if one hit lands, 2 tp if both lands). If you're not getting 5 . Can gauge initial hit by tp return.
I could but then people would (and have) be like parse or gtfo. And that doesn't show up on the parse. That and I'd have to time it to make sure I didn't accidentally get a melee attack in there that didn't show