Two Questions! (Gorgets And MNK Vs. PUP)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Two Questions! (Gorgets and MNK vs. PUP)
Two Questions! (Gorgets and MNK vs. PUP)
 Fairy.Baelfael
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 03:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to sea gorgets, how much ACC do they really add? I mean, I've heard it's +10ACC per hit, but that would mean +80ACC on Asuran Fists, no? Corrections, gogo~

Secondly! What sort of gear/merits/skill/etc would it take to make sure MNK stays above PUP? :d In PvP pretty sure PUP could take a MNK buuut, out in endgame/merit parties/etc?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 03:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

10 acc to each hit, not per hit.

Average MNK vs average PUP favors the MNK, PUP closes the gap as gear improves but it still comes out pretty even, probably favoring MNK slightly still.
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 11:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo... the TP modifier is really all that sets PCC and gorgets apart?

And that's not a lot of detail comparing the two. >: Rather, let me rephrase: Ideal MNK compared to ideal PUP.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-20 11:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The gorget will be better because of the dmg it adds, not TP, I believe

And I think we should wait until the update to start comparing MNK and PUP
 Quetzalcoatl.Vyvy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tyramut
By Quetzalcoatl.Vyvy 2010-03-20 11:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why people are comparing PUP and MNK, the jobs are completely different and bear absolutley no relation to each other, aside from the fact that they both use H2H weapons.
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 11:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

"Increases fTP multiplier by +0.1" according to Wiki~
And you may have a good point there. I was just curious to see where the two currently stand.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-20 11:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Baelfael said:
Fairy.Spence said:

"Increases fTP multiplier by 0.1" according to Wiki~
And you may have a good point there. I was just curious to see where the two currently stand.

Oh, I'm not sure then, I do not approve of in-game maths >.<

I've always liked the idea of PUP, but I don't think I can stand to level another job 1-75, or 1-99 rather
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Fairy.Baelfael said:
Fairy.Spence said:

"Increases fTP multiplier by 0.1" according to Wiki~

Oh, I'm not sure then, I do not approve of in-game maths >.<

I've always liked the idea of PUP, but I don't think I can stand to level another job 1-75, or 1-99 rather
I personally wouldn't mind leveling it in my spare time as I've already got like, all the attachments and a lot of decent gear for it at higher levels, but~ idk
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-20 11:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd do BLU if I wasn't too lazy to farm spells I think
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-03-20 11:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Higher martial arts, and BLACK BELT... nuff said
[+]
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 11:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta regear that eventually and level it up to 50 at least for when they raise the new level cap. >_> So much leveling to do! D:
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 11:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oric said:
Higher martial arts, and BLACK BELT... nuff said
Well, MNK vs Puppetmaster I can see MNK winning. But MNK vs Puppetmaster + automaton, that lil' robot has the potential to toss in some decent dmg, depending on what you do. Or so I've heard at least.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-20 11:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP should beat MNK everytime in Ballista... parse... not so much
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 12:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Baelfael said:
Sooo... the TP modifier is really all that sets PCC and gorgets apart?

And that's not a lot of detail comparing the two. >: Rather, let me rephrase: Ideal MNK compared to ideal PUP.
fTP modifier is fairly significant depending on the WS, but yes.

Ideal's kind of SIS, at least for PUP... but your answer really depends on what you're getting in the way of Haste buffs. Given full Usu for both, Haste, and double Marches, the Automaton needs to do about 42% of the MNK's total damage for them to match up. Knock that up to 50% if you add a merited DNC. Automatons not benefitting from party buffs puts PUP at a disadvantage in heavily buffed situations, but allows for strong damage output when you're not getting as many buffs.
 Cerberus.Watanabie
Server: Cerberus
user: Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-20 12:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing MNK and PUP have in common is H2H, other than that they are completly different. Comparing them depends on what you're comparing...The PUP and the Auto, or the PUP by itself to MNK.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-20 12:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Night is right
 Phoenix.Premier
Server: Phoenix
user: Premier
By Phoenix.Premier 2010-03-20 12:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest an Acc neck like Pcc or Torque for tp and gorget for WSs.

Mild Rant.....

I find it amusing how often people love to compare mnk and pup (or any job and pup for that matter). I have both to 75 and enjoy playing both jobs but I find it very HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to ever talk about pup dmg vs another job minus the automaton. Furthermore, people pick and choose to classify pup in a way that makes them feel better.

When people want to compare dmg they leave the auto out, but when they talk about pup's strengths they say "Pup is all about the automaton" or "The master's dmg is secondary to the automatons dmg". Make up your mind. I feel excluding automaton dmg in parse conversation(especially when speaking about birds and meripo) is like only counting one punch per round for mnk or only counting our kick attacks.

Sorry if this post didn't add value for you but thanks for reading anyway.

Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Premier said:

Mild Rant.....

I find it amusing how often people love to compare mnk and pup (or any job and pup for that matter). I have both to 75 and enjoy playing both jobs but I find it very HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to ever talk about pup dmg vs another job minus the automaton. Furthermore, people pick and choose to classify pup in a way that makes them feel better.

When people want to compare dmg they leave the auto out, but when they talk about pup's strengths they say "Pup is all about the automaton" or "The master's dmg is secondary to the automatons dmg". Make up your mind. I feel excluding automaton dmg in parse conversation(especially when speaking about birds and meripo) is like only counting one punch per round for mnk or only counting our kick attacks.

Well, I'm already confident that a MNK compared to the Puppetmaster, MNK would win parse. However, you toss in the automaton, this is where I'm curious to see parse comparisons.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-20 13:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorget gives 10 acc to all hits and 0.1 FTP to the first hit. Why in the world would anyone use PCC over it?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-20 13:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Baelfael said:
Phoenix.Premier said:

Mild Rant.....

Well, I'm already confident that a MNK compared to the Puppetmaster, MNK would win parse. However, you toss in the automaton, this is where I'm curious to see parse comparisons.
Maton would at least need to be 40% of a mnk's dmg for pup just to break even, would have to be more for the pup to win.
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 13:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Thanks. :D