Forum » FFXI » General » New 99 & Sky
New 99 & Sky
 Pandemonium.Bonlack
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Bonlack
By Pandemonium.Bonlack 2010-03-18 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be a dumb question to ask but if SE is thinking of potentially taking the level cap to 99; what does that man for sky NM's? Most of the pop NM's can already be solo'ed by a well geared RDM or done with 3-4 players. Even the Gods themselves can be easily low manned by experienced people. So will the new 99 cap make the gods soloable by more and more jobs? I don't know a lot of math on level differences but the highest lesser god(Byakko,Genbu,Seiryu,Suzaku) level is 90 and Kirin is 92. No idea what the att-def difference would be by that point on tanking but wouldn't a 10 level difference be like easy prey or too weak? I just thought this an interesting thing to think about. Throw some responses on what you think.
 Phoenix.Greiver
Server: Phoenix
user: Greiver
By Phoenix.Greiver 2010-03-18 14:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bonlack said:
This may be a dumb question to ask but if SE is thinking of potentially taking the level cap to 99; what does that man for sky NM's? Most of the pop NM's can already be solo'ed by a well geared RDM or done with 3-4 players. Even the Gods themselves can be easily low manned by experienced people. So will the new 99 cap make the gods soloable by more and more jobs? I don't know a lot of math on level differences but the highest lesser god(Byakko,Genbu,Seiryu,Suzaku) level is 90 and Kirin is 92. No idea what the att-def difference would be by that point on tanking but wouldn't a 10 level difference be like easy prey or too weak? I just thought this an interesting thing to think about. Throw some responses on what you think.

You still need something from a sky? Most ppl have all items already..they dont cap sky for those who still behind

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-03-18 14:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bonlack said:

They won't adjust them, they will all be solo/duo/trio (6 members at MOST), new areas and NMs, HNMs, etc.. will be added for the higher levels, sky linkshells will not longer exist, instead you'll be seeing "Kirin fight 4/6, PST" in shouts or from friends.
[+]
 Asura.Sneaker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Sneaker 2010-03-18 15:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

since most things in sky are already lowmanable(pop NM's + 3/4 gods) its no need to raise the cap there aswell.

for cop areas and mission fights: im sure they are removing them cause there are a lot of lazy ppl who are still lacking on sea access...

playing 3+ years and still not having sea access is a shame.

to see how many ppl still lacking on sea access and getting messages from whining ppl "nobody is shouting for cop missions" is (personally) the reason why SE is adjusting this
 Asura.Envious
user: Stewie
By Asura.Envious 2010-03-18 15:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sneaker said:
since most things in sky are already lowmanable(pop NM's 3/4 gods) its no need to raise the cap there aswell.

for cop areas and mission fights: im sure they are removing them cause there are a lot of lazy ppl who are still lacking on sea access...

playing 3 years and still not having sea access is a shame.

to see how many ppl still lacking on sea access and getting messages from whining ppl "nobody is shouting for cop missions" is (personally) the reason why SE is adjusting this

All gods are lowmannable, Byakko and Mother Globe are the only things in sky you can't solo, Byakko takes 3 and Mother Globe takes 2.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-18 15:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only things I can see getting raised are Battlefield like areas, Dynamis, Limbus, ect. And that's a long stretch to say they would get raised. (DYnamis to keep the currency price stable, and Limbus for AF3+1 items? who knows)
 Asura.Spamasam
user: Spamasam
By Asura.Spamasam 2010-03-18 15:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea of the level cap being 99 doesn't bother me, but at the same time I wish they'd cap sky at 75 because I still enjoy the fights there... although, with the level cap being 99, there's not much point in going to sky outside of killing stuff for fun.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-03-18 15:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pumped, might get kitty pants someday. ^^
By Varistor 2010-03-18 16:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea. Our LS is trying to leave sky so being able to split up our 18 person group down to say 6-10 and do multiple runs of the gods would be cool. Anything to get done in sky sooner the better and everyone can spend more time in sea. But until we know for sure what will come about on SE's part it is still all just speculation and wishful thinking. The part i like is being able to get Zeni pics of elementals easier or doing the FOV up there easier. Any Day you want to release the info SE, i believe the entire community is ready for it, good or bad. Quit torturing us and get on with it. :)
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-18 17:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if SE will cap nyzul isle assault. A group of 6 level 99 players could reach floor 100 within a few weeks. Im interested to see what happens there, and really assault in general for that matter lol.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-03-18 17:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:
I wonder if SE will cap nyzul isle assault. A group of 6 level 99 players could reach floor 100 within a few weeks. Im interested to see what happens there, and really assault in general for that matter lol.

I'm sure for dynamis nyzul and limbus they'll just cap em cause they're in there own zones and not open areas like jailers and sky gods and I don't think they'll make any current NMs stronger cause than you'd have to level to 99 just to kill a NM you could kill just fine at 75.
 Pandemonium.Bonlack
Server: Pandemonium
user: Bonlack
By Pandemonium.Bonlack 2010-03-18 23:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much I need from sky myself but a few pieces I haven't yet had the chance to pick up, but i think it would be very interesting to just run up to sky kill 2 pops and duo NM's for drops for any new blood that might come around from the new updates.
By DMCrocker 2010-03-18 23:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this is SE's plan? So that since a bunch of people are going to be quitting/leaving for 14 to make 11 as lowmanable/soloable as possible to keep it playable for less people.
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-18 23:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. it was announced that no old content will be adjusted for the level cap. Besides, we have til the end of the year to see that change. Level 99 comes on last update of this year. Which is a long way away. Even level 80 will change things up, but no, SE said they weren't changing old content difficulty because they felt it is ok for lowman groups to accomplish these areas/NMs
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-19 00:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:
I lol'd, a group of 6 level 75 players can reach floor 100 within a few weeks if you don't suck.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-19 00:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:
I wonder if SE will cap nyzul isle assault. A group of 6 level 99 players could reach floor 100 within a few days.
There fixed
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-19 00:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Nyzul already level capped? Buffs wear on entry iirc.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-19 00:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
yes. Capped at 75. Most people don't notice it though -_-
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-19 00:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
yes. Capped at 75. Most people don't notice it though -_-
Well one alot of things are techincally capped but really that's just added along with the battlefield thing or sometimes in place of so who knows. Like non nyzul assualts have it. And lvl cap buff where?

Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-19 00:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a level cap of 75. Buffs will wear upon entry. However, any level job can enter.
-- http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Nyzul_Isle_Investigation
IDK why there isn't a Level cap buff though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-19 00:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
There is a level cap of 75. Buffs will wear upon entry. However, any level job can enter. -- http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Nyzul_Isle_Investigation
IDK why there isn't a Level cap buff though.
Logic would dictate that there is no level cap buff because it isn't level capped. Maybe the lobby is. Or maybe wiki is just wrong... nah that never happens. Also buffs wearing means nothing other than you are doing something instanced.

Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-19 01:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

KS99's are instanced and buffs carry through.
[+]