SERVER MERGE!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SERVER MERGE!!!
SERVER MERGE!!!
 Garuda.Glaciont
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-18 10:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And there you have it, the truth revealed at last

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news18443.shtml
 Ifrit.Cright
Server: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-03-18 10:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Updates
Mar. 18, 2010 08:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 22)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all worlds to accompany the version update and implementation of a World Merge. Along with this maintenance, we will also be performing maintenance on the FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community beta version.

During this period, both FINAL FANTASY XI and the FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community beta version will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a version update. After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.

* During this maintenance, a World Merge will be implemented.

Source World Destination World

Fairy -> Sylph
Kujata -> Valefor
Remora -> Leviathan
Midgardsormr -> Quetzarcoatl
Hades -> Cerberus
Seraph -> Bismarck
Garuda -> Lakshmi
Pandemonium -> Asura

We ask that all players on any source world retrieve all items stored in the Delivery Box or Auction House.

For more details regarding the World Merge, please refer to "Announcing the World Merge" in the Information section.

* the World Transfer Service, which is currently suspended, will reinstate service after the completion of registration server maintenance, which is scheduled to take place following the FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance. For more details, please refer to "Registration Server Maintenance (Mar. 22)."

* The schedule for the reinstatement of the Character Reactivation Service, which is currently suspended, will be announced at another time.

* Update details will be available on Mar. 22, 2010.

[Date & Time]
Mar. 22, 2010 from 8:00 to 20:00 (PDT)
* Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI
By Araselo 2010-03-18 10:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of wish Carbuncle was merging with another server. Even though I have been on Carbuncle for only a few weeks, it seems apparent that it's a lot more "dead" than Asura where I came from.

Then they are merging a server with Odin? I mean do they really need more people?
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-03-18 10:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The people who left gil in D-box and dont know about update are gonna be pissed lol, hopefully Bahamut/Odin will open right after that :)
By Araselo 2010-03-18 10:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

*Asura not Odin my bad.

It just seems they got most of the servers right that actually need population, but there are a couple in there that is just adding to the madness. I guess it will be needed with the new content coming out. ^^
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-18 10:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Araselo said:
I kind of wish Carbuncle was merging with another server. Even though I have been on Carbuncle for only a few weeks, it seems apparent that it's a lot more "dead" than Asura where I came from.

Then they are merging a server with Odin? I mean do they really need more people?
I transferred from Asura to Carbuncle. After 3 months, I moved back to Asura. I would suggest the same if you don't have ties on Carby.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-18 10:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy long *** maintenance, batman.
[+]
 Hades.Amnesia
Server: Hades
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-18 10:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Holy long *** maintenance, batman.
 Fairy.Wolfjorg
Server: Fairy
user: wolfjorgg
By Fairy.Wolfjorg 2010-03-18 10:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

11am - 11pm Maint. EST /sigh the day I get back from being gone 3 weeks out to sea lol. Well not to bad, but yeah, how long will all the other emergencie repairs be after this?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-18 11:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the main march update then? as in all the new content also?
 Carbuncle.Araselo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Araselo
By Carbuncle.Araselo 2010-03-18 11:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I probably will man, Carbuncle isn't the best server in the world. No one likes to do anything, the HNM scene is just pitiful. TBH the bots are slow as hell, only 2-3 HNM LS at every camp. I don't know, I just really miss Asura.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-18 11:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Araselo said:
Yeah I probably will man, Carbuncle isn't the best server in the world. No one likes to do anything, the HNM scene is just pitiful. TBH the bots are slow as hell, only 2-3 HNM LS at every camp. I don't know, I just really miss Asura.

Wow I think it's the first time I hear someone complaining about only having 2-3 LS at a HNM camp! 7-8 would make you happier? ^^;
By Araselo 2010-03-18 11:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No competition, I mean come on. What's the point of HNM without people bitching at each other thinking they are going to get claim first! XD
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-03-18 11:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, so its begun.

Glad Ifrit isn't on that list or I'd have to cry as I can't be online when that update takes place lol.

Mind you Ifrit is busy as hell, or it was when I temporarily quit ffxi in December.

So 8 servers down, how many to go this is the question?