Forum » FFXI » General » Ranperre's Tomb chest fail
Ranperre's Tomb chest fail
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-03-15 20:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok...I've opened 6 chests here in the past 3 hours...each one has either been "empty" or an "illusion" Did SE take items out of chests or something? x.x
[+]
By Nightbear 2010-03-15 20:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yup last year update fuxed up all the chest-coffers if you not Queue for a quest or AF/Map . only allows you to open 1 chest per day i thinks . even as THF you get "Illusions"

wich sucks >.<
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-15 20:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Like night bear said. But

You can open the chest at any time. If you did not receive AF or a Map from the chest then you must wait 1 hour before opening another. All chest in between that you open will result in the message you are getting.

This is to prevent treasure farmers from spam opening chest while people are trying to get maps and AF.... but KRT.... who cares? no one goes there for treasure (free battle gloves gogo)
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-03-15 20:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yea..im here for battle gloves actually...none on AH and i wanna lv pup >< but everyone of the chests have been illusions...all 6...
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-15 21:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not once per day.

Read this.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Coffer
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-15 22:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's normal in KRT. Even if it's your first one in forever it just happens
[+]
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-03-15 23:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify the chest/coffer change. NOTHING changed as far as popping coffers for gil is concerned. SE made it so that if someone pops the chest/coffer for whatever reason "fake" ones appear that still allow those who are after quest/map items to obtain them. The repop time on "real" coffers is still the exact same as it was before. One hour.
[+]
By galvatron1 2010-03-18 12:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ive tried to open a couple coffers after not playing for 3 real life days, and still got illusions..
[+]
By Raldo 2010-03-18 12:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Torazalinto said:
To clarify the chest/coffer change. NOTHING changed as far as popping coffers for gil is concerned. SE made it so that if someone pops the chest/coffer for whatever reason "fake" ones appear that still allow those who are after quest/map items to obtain them. The repop time on "real" coffers is still the exact same as it was before. One hour.
Wrong. There are no 'fake' coffers/chests, per se. You will only get the 'illusion' notification if someone has opened the chest/coffer for items/gil (i.e. not quest/map/AF) in the past hour. If you get the 'illusion' notification, the coffer/chest will respawn in 5 minutes.

The 'illusion' notification has nothing to do with how long you've been logged on or how recently you've opened a chest/coffer, though I wouldn't be surprised if they put some kind of additional restriction on low-level characters and/or those on trial accounts.

I don't currently know if opening an illusion restarts that hour long timer, however. That would really suck if it did.
[+]
 Fairy.Victoire
Server: Fairy
user: Alexandre
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-03-18 13:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Raldo said:
Diabolos.Torazalinto said:
Wrong. There are no 'fake' coffers/chests, per se. You will only get the 'illusion' notification if someone has opened the chest/coffer for items/gil (i.e. not quest/map/AF) in the past hour. If you get the 'illusion' notification, the coffer/chest will respawn in 5 minutes. The 'illusion' notification has nothing to do with how long you've been logged on or how recently you've opened a chest/coffer, though I wouldn't be surprised if they put some kind of additional restriction on low-level characters and/or those on trial accounts. I don't currently know if opening an illusion restarts that hour long timer, however. That would really suck if it did.

I don't think that opening an illusion coffer restarts the timer, I must have opened 6 in GC. I just kept popping them everytime I found one and it eventually turned into a real one.