Peacock-Charm Isnt It Heavily Overpriced?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Peacock-Charm isnt it heavily overpriced?
Peacock-Charm isnt it heavily overpriced?
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-15 05:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
go get some seals if you don't want to pay for it.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-03-15 05:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it.

When no one buys it for 2m anymore its price will start to drop. But as long as people want to pay those 2mil to get 3 racc/acc over the spectacles the price for a PCC wont drop.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-15 06:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Isnt it ? I mean yea its a graet piece of equip, its kinda low level and all Jobs can wear it. But i Dont see it worth near 2 mil Gil. I would say its worth no more then 500k .
Dont make this Debatte into a I have more Gil then u thread.I could easyli buy one.I just dont do because i dont see it worth the Price. Just whats your thoughts on it.

its because A) all jobs can wear it! b) acc 10 is awesome and acc improves their over all damage output.

Yes it is worth 2mil... go get some seals if you don't want to pay for it.

Or get lucky like me, and just log out of the area, and then 18 hrs later re log in same area Argus pops and claim within 2 min....

Now that's a winner!
 Bismarck.Mikeyc
user: mikeyc
By Bismarck.Mikeyc 2010-03-15 06:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You think that one of the best, most versatile neck pieces in the game should sell for the same price as an empress hairpin? LOL

Ps. I just checked your profile; you don't even have a 75 job yet. I had 8 75 jobs before I got my PCC after 4 years. Don't you think you are being a little hasty?
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-03-15 06:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mikeyc said:
You think that one of the best, most versatile neck pieces in the game should sell for the same price as an empress hairpin? LOL
Yea because there allwaysw multiple on AH and everyone i check to 99% got one (mages and other non mellee/DD jobs excludet)
 Bismarck.Mikeyc
user: mikeyc
By Bismarck.Mikeyc 2010-03-15 06:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask them how they got it or how they farmed for it. I camped argus for like 4 days solid, even got kill once but no drop. I did OU about 40 times. Do you know what it is like to treat Shakhrami Maze like a baby that you need to check on every two minutes?

Definantely worth 2m. 33 is like a special ding for me now; you know like when you hit 40 and you are like "woo hoo, acc rings!" or at 70 and you think "woo hoo! Ohat!"

Yeah 33 is a very special level. 1.5m-2m is spot on.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-15 06:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not overpriced. 2nd best neckpiece for uncapped accuracy for nearly every melee DD in the game, spare dagger/polearm users. And the only neck that bets it in uncapped acc is going to cost you 10m+ and is much higher than lv 33
 Pandemonium.Tygon
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Tygon 2010-03-15 06:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Think they was selling for around 25 mil when Argus dropped mine for me. I remember like 30+ people there all camping him the same time.
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-03-15 07:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's interesting to see everyone in a positive debate about this item.

Personally the pricing of this item, like so many others, has always been in question. I do agree with the folks here saying why is the KC 25mil (55mil on ramuh respectfully *and unfortunate*, the PCC 2 mil, yet items like the V.Cloak and Haubergeon are lower than 500k? As someone stated here, yes, it all comes down to Business 101. However in some cases you'll have people who sell these items at prices that are way too high and then complain why it's not selling.

Hmmm, kinda like how the ps3 vs wii race was, with nintendo Wii selling the most, jokingly speaking.

In addition it also what job benefits the most out of this item too and if it's worth getting, and slightly on race too such as the "whif-o-matic" Elvaans, jokingly speaking (no offense, plz dont kill me guys lol some of my best friends are elvaan) :-P

It would be nice if prices on some of these items were lowered a bit, espeically if people are farming some of them just for the money such as the PCC. Also there are alternatives to obtaining this item such as farming, crafting, and gardening. Patience is a virtue after all.

So in conclusion, do I think the PCC price is a bit high? Yes I do, given how there are so many alternatives to Acc items nowadays, and that many jobs can wear it and farming the gil for it isn't so bad if you put your mind and commitment into it. 2 mil IS pushing it, but 1mil, not so much in my opinion.
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-03-15 07:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In rebuttal Tiger, PCCs and PCAs cannot be crafted like Hauby or Vermilion. Their +1 versions are quite expensive, though.

There are only 2 ways to get PCC/PCA:

Argus, who is already a pain due to his long window, below average drop rate, and sharing a spawn with Leech King.

OR

Under Observation, which requires 40 Beastmen Seals each run, and once again, doesn't have a very high drop rate.

That's not to say that I've never seen it below 2mil, or even above it, though.

Other than rename the advantages again, I'll suggest some theories as to why I think it doesn't fluctuate much:

1. As previously stated, limitations to the sources bringing any into Market.

2. While they sell, they may not sell very quickly: Resulting in undercutting due to impatience, or inflation due to the desire for Maximum profit (Or Greed :p)

3. "Tradition"

4. "Power"

Edit: I believe 1.5-1.8mil would be a reasonable compromise, however.
 Bismarck.Makai
user: M4k4i
By Bismarck.Makai 2010-03-15 07:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

PCC is definately worth the 2M gil (it's 1,7 - 1,8M on my server). 10 acc, 10 ranged-acc, Level 33, All Jobs, enough said! I remember when I farmed the gil as a level 37 WAR to buy a PCC, took me about 1,5 month and a few hundred leeches. ^^ A few weeks later I went 1/1 on Argus lol. The reason why so many ppl wear this is quite simple: It's one of the best neck-pieces and I would say that 2M isn't even that expensive. I'm leveling COR atm and the racc really helps with ws to land. Also, it's the BEST DD neckpiece for all level-cap-fights and BC-runs. Damn nice and useful item no questions asked, it will serve you well as long as you play FF XI.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-03-15 07:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

PCC has a fairly high drop rate actually, got 3 in about 10 runs with my group. That said, I still think it's very much worth the price considering how good it is.
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-15 08:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Evilswine said:
Its only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it.

When no one buys it for 2m anymore its price will start to drop. But as long as people want to pay those 2mil to get 3 racc/acc over the spectacles the price for a PCC wont drop.

Bismarck.Mikeyc said:

Yea because there allwaysw multiple on AH and everyone i check to 99% got one (mages and other non mellee/DD jobs excludet)

Dude it's not just about it having +3 over specs, imagine partying in qufim, the jungle, E Ron S, and already having a piece of gear that gives you +10 acc, racc, and its not a major slot, its on your neck so you still have all those other spots to stack whatever else you need.

And the last qoute lets me know that the OP is a fool. Dude I have gone and popped VE on my way to go fishing its that easy to get him and he did drop and empress pin, If argus were that easy then yes, the price would be lower
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-03-15 08:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think your almost missing the point. The stats on the PCC (or any item) determine weather its worth it or not. Most ppl deside to get one the very first time they see the item, long before seeing its price. Its the items rarity/supply that will determine the price, not its stats.
The onyl thing the price does is determine weather or not you can afford it, obviously.
By Vegetto 2010-03-15 08:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely worth it, but why are you still in qufim if your party's level is high enough to wear pcc?
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-15 08:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Definitely worth it, but why are you still in qufim if your party's level is high enough to wear pcc?

level sync is the devil! bad example maybe but the point I was trying to get across is how low level it is and how nothing else around those levels gives that good of stats
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-15 08:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to know the Math on the Spectacles. I'm undecided on whether to use it instead of the chiv chain for monk.

Anyone have any idea if the loss of the str but +2 acc is better?

As for the PCC, I can't afford it yet, but i'm working on it.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-15 08:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Which job, math will vary depending.
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-03-15 08:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wear P.Charm at 75. Your argument is invalid.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-15 08:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk, using:

Also Macroing in this for asuran fists:

Oh also h2h is fully merited
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-15 09:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Chiv will be 1 fSTR 75% of the time. Which is a going to be around 1.3% increase in global damage.

Spectacles are harder to quantify as it will vary based on your current hit rate.

Looking at your TP build on your profile page you have ~ 350 acc before food. So that's around 65% hit rate on Greater Colibri.

So in that situation 2 accuracy is 3% increase in global damage.

Whereas if you pop a sushi then you would be around 90% hit rate. In that case you would gain around 2.2% from the 2 accuracy.

So basically, Spectacles beats chiv any time accuracy is uncapped. Which is quite a lot of the time on a 1handed DD, unless they are eating sushi, have awesome gear or fighting weak mobs.

EDIT: The above was posted before I saw the WS build. The WS build will probably still have uncapped accuracy (unless you are eating acc food) therefore Spectacles still win.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-15 09:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much lol

>.> Excuse the gimpy gear I'm working on it >.>
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-15 09:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming 3 fstr and capped h2h merits, your base DMG is 56.

3 fstr will raise your fstr by 1 75% of the time.

57/56 = 1.79% increase in damage 75% of the time

1.79 x .75 = 1.34% average increase.

3 str will also give 1-2 attack, we'll just assume 2.

Assuming colibri, dia II, 450 base attack
((452/293)-.35)/((450/293)-.35) = .58% increase

compounding
1.0134 x 1.0058 = 1.93% increase

Assuming your hitrate is 85%, 2 acc will be 1% hitrate
86/85 = 1.17% increase

We have to keep in mind though that TP'ing in str only benefits DoT and TP'ing in acc benefits DoT and WS frequency.

Mnk is roughly a 65/35% DoT/WS ratio.

1.93 x .65 = 1.2545% increase

They're roughly equal when you factor in the fact that you could also possibly only wind up w/ 1 attack from the 3 str. If you have one, as far as mnk is concerned, no need to get the other. (sam would be another story w/ the .65 becoming a .3). If the 1 stp drops your xhit, then chiv wins by a landslide.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-15 09:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Argie forgot the attack!!!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-15 09:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome thanks. Seeing as Spectacles are 100k cheaper atm I'll pick them up, do some testing and sell them back if my xhit becomes higher.

Thanks ^^
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-15 09:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

I did, I only looked at it from a TP point of view and ignored the sTP.

Your comparison is better overall.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-15 09:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The stp doesn't effect your build in any way shape or form.

Before you sell your chiv though, keep in mind, w/ pizza, you'll be capped for most things you do (except colibri where you won't eat pizza obviously but even then crab sushi), then you have 0 acc vs 3 str(because acc will be capped), which the 3 str will win hands down every time.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-15 09:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Just wanted to call you Argie, lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-15 09:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

to answer the OP's question... yes, it is heavily overpriced.

You can thank those *** no-life, epeen players for that one.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-15 09:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Just wanted to call you Argie, lol

Does this mean I can call you Vag?