users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Area Zoning Connection Problem
Area Zoning Connection Problem
 Bismarck.Obie
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Obie 2008-11-12 09:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For the past two days randomly when I zone to certain places, Buburimu Pen, Kazham, Mhaura, it has just been downloading data and never loaded. It seems to happen when I zone into these areas only. Then I get a message saying Server Timed Out, Connection Lost. Wonder if anyone has gotten this lately? My internet connection is fine, running strong and fast so that gets ruled out. Any help appreciated.
 Gilgamesh.Heavensword
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Heavensword 2008-11-12 09:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened to me zoning into Dyna-Xarc last night. Seems like a one-time thing though for me.
 Ragnarok.Finwe
Server: Ragnarok
user: Finwe1
By Ragnarok.Finwe 2008-11-12 10:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Donwloading data too long Bastok & sandy

Maintenance need ?
 Ifrit.Jammer
Server: Ifrit
user: Jammer76
By Ifrit.Jammer 2008-11-12 10:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG, I've got that problem with several of my characters, my mains and my mules. I get Error Code FFXI-3001. No response from Server, Connection Timed out. I get this error when I load screens between zones. Anyone else?
 Bismarck.Obie
By Bismarck.Obie 2008-11-12 11:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That error code is the one I keep getting everytime I zone into those 3 areas. It's without fail.
 Bismarck.Obie
By Bismarck.Obie 2008-11-12 11:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just zoned into S.Sandy and same thing.. lol it's weird. >.>
 Ifrit.Jammer
Server: Ifrit
user: Jammer76
By Ifrit.Jammer 2008-11-12 11:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I talked to PlayOnline, and they said this problem is only with Verizon Customers. The typical problem is that people can log in with Mules but not their main character. PO said that there is nothing they can do, that it is all on Verizon's end. Hope they fix it soon.
 Bismarck.Obie
By Bismarck.Obie 2008-11-12 12:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I am definitely a Verizon customer lol. I hate this crappy internet service they give, it really is the worse. LoL my net goes out everytime someone calls, everything is right and CS has come here numerous time to fix it. DAMN VERIZON now affecting the game as well. -.-
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-11-12 12:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I have verizon as well, but FiOS. I never had the problem until yesterday, never had a zoning problem either. Anyways I couldnt log in with either of my Jeuno mules, but i could log into main fine. (Bastok) and another mule fine. (Sandy) Today it works fine tho. Other then that ive never had noticeable trouble zoning or logging in.
 Diabolos.Sasuken
Server: Diabolos
user: xSasukenx
By Diabolos.Sasuken 2008-11-14 01:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen lot of people having this problem. My gf having this issue with her conection but we arent NA so we aren't with Verizon. Tried every thing the POL guy told me to do restart router, conect from modem directly, disable firewall, open all the ports needed manualy and still no use keep having the same error, sometimes cant even log to the lobby or log on for a few secs and get d/c in zones like Nyzul or Jeuno.

Anyone got any change of this problem from their ISP or some solution?, because this getting a bit anoying and depresing since I don't get any useful answer for POL Tech Support.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-11-14 03:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I am not with Verizon...but if you want to hear from somone who hasn't got the problem at all, I'm NA Canada, with Bell Canada, I haven't run into this problem.. maybe just once...I do remember.. but after that been like a spring day!!!

No Prob!!

<sounds like it is a ISP problem...Change ISP>
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-11-14 11:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that my commentary is needed but it happens to me in White gate, but when it does happen and 20 minutes later when I can log in (it times me out everytime I log in loading screen 5 minutes then timed out) I get the server message saying "White gate is congested please move to another area thank you) but that's because I am in Odin server :/ But it's the same thing more or less with Verison you have a needed port that is closed that the game is trying to use - I would recomend (now this also depends if you're on an Xbox PS2 or CPU) if you're on Xbox to call Xbox live support and get the port code from them then calling POL support and getting all the port codes from them AND then calling your ISP and say flatly "you guys suck -> I need these ports open I know they are closed my link to the server net is congested so I am timing out please open them" If you're on a PS2 ; ; no idea the same thing I would think minus port settings from Microsoft and if you're on a CPU then just the last bit. Oh, and your ISP may tell you they can't tell you what the ports are and you will need to talk to the company that made your gateway or w/e. If they do that call them they will walk you through manually opening the port settings in their product by using your home PC to log into the gateway itself. If none of the above works I can only recommend getting really pissed and throwing your router or gateway against the wall while on the phone with above named crappy ISP while cursing in now long forgotten ancient jibberish :D Sorry I hope this helps :/ that's a sucky problem ; ; ~Mari