FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 1502 1503 1504 ... 1505 1506 1507

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Meinnii
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Leithe
By Odin.Meinnii 2016-11-09 09:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cashymoneygal said: »
Go LGBT community :D I support you (lots are friends anyway :3)

Yay~ great to have support! Especially now that Trump is the new president...
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-11-09 10:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Meinnii said: »
Especially now that Trump is the new president...

Don't say it! Maybe something will happen to stop him.
 Odin.Meinnii
By Odin.Meinnii 2016-11-09 10:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We can only hope ;)

I don't mind the stuff about repealing Obamacare, but he wants to repeal the same-sex marriage law =/
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-09 10:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How many days till you guys realize you are fine?
 Odin.Meinnii
By Odin.Meinnii 2016-11-09 10:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, maybe a week or a month lol. Then it'll start all over in January @.@
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 11:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Meinnii said: »
We can only hope ;)

I don't mind the stuff about repealing Obamacare, but he wants to repeal the same-sex marriage law =/
I'm not gay, bi, nor am I trans but I'm not looking forward to such set-backs, should they happen.
 Odin.Dukenukemx
user: Dukenukem
By Odin.Dukenukemx 2016-11-09 12:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a trans person I'd say I'm very concerned about my future at the moment >< also hi! Nice to see other LGBT players on the forums.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 12:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dukenukemx said: »
Being a trans person I'd say I'm very concerned about my future at the moment >< also hi! Nice to see other LGBT players on the forums.
Why?

Of the two candidates, Trump was the only one who was actually open towards LGBT. Clinton, as shown through transcripts of her speeches on Wall Street, holds two different viewpoints, one to get her elected, and one that she actually has. If the viewpoint she shared in public was for LGBT, then you can probably guess what her actual stance was.

You have nothing to worry about.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-09 12:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He also chose Mike Pence as his running mate, so yeah you really have no idea
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-09 12:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Why?
It ain't just Trump, buddy.
I mean, unless you want to pretend modern Republican platforms haven't been really big on pushing back hard against LGBT+ rights progress.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-11-09 12:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why?
Mike Pence
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-09 13:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a scary time for sure, but try and find at least some solace in knowing that there are people out there who don't give a flying *** what the government says and we believe you have the same rights as everyone else.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-11-09 13:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Pence has been a staunch opponent of efforts to expand LGBT civil rights. In 2000, Pence stated "Congress should oppose any effort to recognize homosexuals as a 'discrete and insular minority' entitled to the protection of anti-discrimination laws similar to those extended to women and ethnic minorities."[148] He called for "an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus" and instead advocated for resources to be directed toward conversion therapy programs, "[for] those seeking to change their sexual behavior."[149][150][151][152] Pence has said that homosexuals should not serve in the military, saying, "Homosexuality is incompatible with military service because the presence of homosexuals in the ranks weakens unit cohesion."[153] Pence opposed the repeal of don't ask, don't tell, saying in 2010 that allowing gays and lesbians to openly serve in the military would "have an impact on unit cohesion."[153][154] In 2007, Pence voted against the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would have banned workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.[155] Pence opposed the 2009 Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Act,[156] saying that Barack Obama wanted to "advance a radical social agenda"[157] and said that pastors "could be charged or be subject to intimidation for simply expressing a Biblical worldview on the issue of homosexual behavior."[158] Pence opposes both same-sex marriage and civil unions.[159] While in the House, he said that "societal collapse was always brought about following an advent of the deterioration of marriage and family".[160] He has advocated a constitutional same-sex marriage ban but did not champion such a proposed ban for his first year as governor.[161]
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Dukenukemx
By Odin.Dukenukemx 2016-11-09 13:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

It's a scary time for sure, but try and find at least some solace in knowing that there are people out there who don't give a flying *** what the government says and we believe you have the same rights as everyone else.

I agree and I honestly doubt I will lose any rights, I just feel like progress will slow down and it's saddening to me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 13:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
He also chose Mike Pence as his running mate, so yeah you really have no idea
Sylph.Cherche said: »
I mean, unless you want to pretend modern Republican platforms haven't been really big on pushing back hard against LGBT+ rights progress.
Asura.Ina said: »
Mike Pence
And most of the problems that come from Republicans come from the state level, not federal.

Notice I said most, not all. Yes, there may be some stupid *** bill brought up through Congress, but I highly doubt it will be signed by Trump or pass the veto.

On the state level, I can't help you there.
 Odin.Dukenukemx
By Odin.Dukenukemx 2016-11-09 13:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
welcome duke~
it's very nice to meet you.

Thank you!!!
By Taffy 2016-11-09 13:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/2/donald-trump-holds-high-flag-gay-equality/

I'll just leave this here.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 13:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I think Pence is the bigger worry for LGBT issues.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 13:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Good thing that the only real thing he can do is break a tie in case a Senate were to go 50-50 on an issue.

Unless, of course, some idiot decides to take out the "Trump problem." In that case, you guys are all screwed, and not in a good way!
 Odin.Meinnii
By Odin.Meinnii 2016-11-09 13:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
welcome duke~
it's very nice to meet you.

Thank you!!!

Hi!
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-09 14:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing that the only real thing he can do is break a tie in case a Senate were to go 50-50 on an issue.

Unless, of course, some idiot decides to take out the "Trump problem." In that case, you guys are all screwed, and not in a good way!

He already said that he was going to let his VP have more policy power than any other VP in history. Even if that's just another hyperbole, it's still frightening.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 14:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He already said that he was going to let his VP have more policy power than any other VP in history. Even if that's just another hyperbole, it's still frightening.
Anything that directly effects people generally starts in Congress. Policy in this case has to do with running the federal government. There really isn't much, if anything, the executive branch can do against a specific group of people.

Civil Rights policies would be a legislative branch issue.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-09 14:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They're an every-branch issue.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 14:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They're an every-branch issue.
Let me rephrase this.

What you are afraid of, Pence has no real power over. Even if it comes to policy, civil rights has to, by constitutional law start with the legislative branch. If, and only if, it makes it past that, it goes straight to the executive branch, or more importantly, only to Trump's hand. Pence cannot sign legislation into law unless he is president.

The judicial branch just enforces/interprets the law, but until that law is written and signed, they cannot do anything about the issue.

So, as it stands right now, Pence is not an issue when it comes to creating, signing, or enforcing/interpreting the law. Any policy-making that Pence may have would be for agencies only.

And I highly doubt Pence can get away with telling the Justice Department to round up all the LGBT people and put them in FEMA camps.
 Sylph.Nimlith
user: Nimlith
By Sylph.Nimlith 2016-11-09 14:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Upside down flag, awesome.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/10/31/trump-waves-pride-flag-at-rally-despite-anti-lgbt-policies/
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-09 15:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Without getting too political in a thread designed for LGBT people to introduce themselves, stop construing anti with prevention. None of you are going to lose any rights, however, you will most likely be prevented from over reaching more so now than with what could of potentially happened with Obama.

Well, I guess by definition that is still anti, but the tone in the last few responses is relating anti to taking away. Not really being just opposed.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1502 1503 1504 ... 1505 1506 1507