Can Anyone Help Me?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Can anyone help me?
Can anyone help me?
 Sylph.Kikyoh
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kikyoh
By Sylph.Kikyoh 2010-02-17 09:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So here's the problem. I decided to make a square-enix account for the nomad mogbonanza stuff. I linked my POL account to it, and now i can't log. I did some research to see what could I do but no luck. I changed the settings in POL and everything. When I try to log it says Incorrect Playonline ID or password. I use the same password to log in at the square enix account page and it works. Any help would be appreciated.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-17 09:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to set up your Square enix account username to your POL account. You can set PoL ID/Password automatic but also now have set Square enix to auto(or manual) and do the password manually.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-17 09:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Um it should have you logging with your SE ID password now too I think. And there will be settings for using token too
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-17 09:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You created a brand new account with for a Level 1, no skills, no sub job, no advanced job, no expansions complete, completely bare bones starting from scratch Character...

to get a Relic?

I wish you best of Luck in the Nomad Moogle Bonanza.

P.S. It's probably not working because isn't the Square-Enix account for if you own Security token?
If so... you're only aloud ONE Security token per Account.
Soooo... you're trying to run ONE SE Account for TWO POL Accounts. and that wont work.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-17 09:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
You created a brand new account with for a Level 1, no skills, no sub job, no advanced job, no expansions complete, completely bare bones starting from scratch Character...

to get a Relic?

P.S. It's probably not working because isn't the Square-Enix account for if you own Security token?
Soooo... you're trying to run ONE SE Account for TWO POL Accounts. and that wont work.
He's not making a new PoL account, he's making a Square enix account. You're wayyyy off here. And you don't need a token to have a square enix account, you just need a square enix account to get a token.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-17 09:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Kuz said:

to get a Relic?

He's not making a new PoL account, he's making a Square enix account. You're wayyyy off here. And you don't need a token to have a square enix account, you just need a square enix account to get a token.

/faceslap

My bad. I read it as he was making a WHOLE NEW ACCOUNT

Now I feel like an ***. Sorry for the Assumption
Carry on :D
 Sylph.Kikyoh
By Sylph.Kikyoh 2010-02-17 09:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply.

@ Kuz Its not a new account. And I dont have token so i disabled one time password on POL.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-17 09:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kikyoh said:
Thanks for the reply.

@ Kuz Its not a new account. And I dont have token so i disabled one time password on POL.

Yeah I realized that.... sorry about that.

Here's a Question then.
Can a Square-Enix account be made if you DON'T have a token
(as you mentioned above)
And by Made...i mean used functionally?
Perhaps that may have something to do with it.

Sylph.Kikyoh
By Sylph.Kikyoh 2010-02-17 09:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't know what the problem is. I changed the settings in POL and everything. But keeps telling me the same error. hate this
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-17 09:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
And you don't need a token to have a square enix account, you just need a square enix account to get a token.

You know... Im gonna stop posting to the forum when I first wake up with no coffee in me...
Im reading ***all wrong here and I keep missing things.

gonna go lay back down after realizing the questions I'm asking have already be answered...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-17 09:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you dont try to put in POL password when they ask for SE password. Dont know how that works without token, but with it you first use SE password, then you get to use your POL password.

lol actually, i did this all with my second account and I too are having trouble logging on to that. Havent tried logging on there since I made an SE account for it
 Sylph.Kikyoh
By Sylph.Kikyoh 2010-02-17 09:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
 Siren.Spookyx
user: spookyx
By Siren.Spookyx 2010-02-17 09:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

YES Kuz, you CAN have a SE account and not have a token.

Do you remember the info shared by one of our ls members while we were all waiting...we ALL set up our SE accounts several days before our tokens came. We just had to make sure not to set up the token information that we didn't have yet otherwise we'd be locked out of our game.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-02-17 09:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

go to your settings and enter in your SE ID stuff before you log in, and then enter in your SE ID password to log on

thats what I had to do
thats what you have to do. i had same problem and someone helped me and this fixed it.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-17 09:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ok I got mine to work. this is what I did. Checked my emil, the one i used when opening up an SE account and see which the SE ID was that I made (i had forgot lol), at first login screen (where you can optionally put in one time password) put in your SE Password and leave one time password blank, then you'll get to the regular POL login screen.

edit also what iva said, make sure to reg your SE ID at the settings screen, it has to be the same as you put in when you regged your SE account. If you are not sure what your ID is, it's in an email you got when you regged
By Kikyoh 2010-02-17 09:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem solved. Thanks everyone.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-17 09:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikyoh said:
Problem solved. Thanks everyone.

HURRAY!!! I HELPED... right?