Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » ACP11 Fight
ACP11 Fight
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-13 14:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Already done the fight once Cannoballing before I had any ***, including a Cannonball build but I don't remember what I had. On my way to the fight again to redo my augment, wanted opinions on my current cannonball build, I have no clue what kind of damage I'm going to do against the Crystal. In total, with Cocoon active I have:
STR: 64+64 = 128
VIT: 60+12 = 72
Defense: 436

Edit: /WAR, Defender brings Defense to 509
By Sierran 2010-02-16 06:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my set. You could get another lv 74 shield with more def. Use tacos for the extra def bonus and sub /thf.

Im a big fan of vertical cleave which uses the same setup only with str food instead.
 Garuda.Vlorsutes
Server: Garuda
user: Vlorsutes
By Garuda.Vlorsutes 2010-02-16 07:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you'll likely be staying at the top of the stairs (thus unable to use Sneak Attack), I agree in using /War over /Thf. This will allow you to compensate a bit for the lack of a forced Crit by giving you Defender and the natural Defense Bonus job trait. Its evasion is rather low, so you don't need as much accuracy in your build as you currently do (nq/hq wivre mask, dusk mask, relic head, etc will pump your damage up a decided amount).

My setup changed since I last did that fight (some upgrades dmg wise here and there), but the gear I used was.

Ifrit's Blade
Acheron Shield
Bibiki Seashell
Mirage Keffiyeh
Kubira Bead Necklace
Triumph Earring
Suppanomimi (just for the added acc)
Magus Jubbah (nq at the time, temenos upgrade item was a pain to get).
Alkyoneus's Bracelets
Flame Ring
Rajas Ring
Smilodon Mantle +1
Warwolf Belt
Enkidu's Subligar
Rutter Sabatons

I was averaging around 300+ with Defender, Cocoon, and Pro IV up without Chain Affinity, and around 700-ish with Chain Affinity (4/5 Enchainment merits).

An added bonus to being /War is that should it spawn any Seed Thralls, you can voke them off the tank and beat on them for TP for the next CA + Cannonball.
 Alexander.Jeffreyjelly
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Jeffreyjelly 2010-02-21 12:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

my set:

SE won't give me back my Bibiki Seashell :/