Forum » FFXI » General » Tele-ports
Tele-ports
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-11 12:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ok. so im sick of shouting for hours, or more. on waiting for Tele's i honestly think there's no longer any whm's with in lower jeuno, or WG for that matter on Fairy, that even bother to Tele-<area> Easy fast gil.

did SCH really make WHM That Extinct lol..

anyway~ wondering how bad the "Tele-port service" is on other servers,

on Fairy, ive seen ppl shouting for a few hours, offering anywhere from 2 ~ 5 to even 10k at times, for a Tele. yet still no one ports them,

*Well i normaly do for free, 90% of the time i'm in jeuno bored outa my mind*
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 12:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouts are few and far inbetween. It's not worth it for me to change jobs to teleport someone for less than 5k. Most people still try to shout for 1k teleports. If there were 20-30 1k shouts an hour sure, but its really not the case anymore.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-11 12:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yea thats true but never the less it's just "blarg" it' would be nice to atleast have some whm's in the zone take what 4 mins to cast a spell to make 1~5k gil, i mean, yeah lol

I know haveing only an active poup. of about 1K ppl on Fairy, and 2k mules / bazzar / afk ppl but meh @_@
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-11 12:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll tele people if I'm not in a hurry. I'm usually on WHM anyway. I'll even have people send me a /tell if I've tele'd them before asking if I have time to.
 Phoenix.Ianto
Server: Phoenix
user: Ianto
By Phoenix.Ianto 2010-02-11 12:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Along the same lines as the not wanting to change jobs to teleport someone for just 1k, I'd rather not have to change my subjob to teleport someone.

Back in the day, BLM was the standard subjob for WHM so it was a no-brainer to tele someone right then and there. You already had your free warp back.

Nowadays, most WHMs sub SCH. Even if you're already on WHM, you'd have to swap to /BLM or else you'd have to pay gil (OP) or book points to get back to your HP.

Bottom line is, people are lazy and don't want to do any extra work for gil they weren't planning on earning anyways, even if they have nothing better to do.
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2010-02-11 12:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone's gonna shout for 30+ minutes, can't they get there faster if they just walked?
 Phoenix.Ianto
Server: Phoenix
user: Ianto
By Phoenix.Ianto 2010-02-11 12:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, it's just silly to wait more than 15 minutes (even that's a long time) for a teleport. Guaranteed, there is an OP close enough to where you want to go that will cost you less time to get to your final destination than to shout for a tele for hours on end. OPing may even be cheaper.