Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Obi's/Gorgets
Obi's/Gorgets
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-07 12:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So been spending a lot of time in Sea farming organs without really knowing exactly what I'm going for. Soil Gorget is a given it covers Expiacion, Savage Blade, and Vorpal Blade, but Obis are another story. At first I was set on Suirin but then I was told that I may want to go for the fire one, the only reason I can think of this is for Heat Breath, so I'm just wondering if the obi affects Heat Breath, does it make it worthwile to prioritize that one? I use Regurgitation/Heat Breath about the same amount, so that hasn't helped me decide at all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-07 13:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire obi would be good for Firespit if you use it. I'm not sure if the obis effect the breathe spells. Normally I'd say yes duh but they aren't even affected by HQ staffs...

I'd say just go out and do alot of heat breaths on weak mobs on fireday. Normal proc rate is like 25-33% I believe so it should become very evident if day/weather effects breath spells
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-02-07 13:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For breaths the only thing I think would be affected is mag acc. I guess it'd be a toss up between some mag acc or whatever HP gear you have for that slot.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-07 13:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I saw macc testing showed that day/weather do not effect macc. Which goes in line with what I've seen with the 100+ merits I've gotten soloing on blm.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-07 16:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, well they use different organs and Im only 3 Hpemde away from my Suirin but I already have the Xzomit and 3 Phuabo so I guess I can get both. I do use Firespit very rarely, mainly just for Faust in sky. Doing Xarc. tonight, hopefully I'll get my AF2 Head and I can do some testing with Heat Breath.

Edit: I have the Xzomit and 3 >>EXTRA<< Phaubo