Your Favorite FoV Page?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Your favorite FoV page?
Your favorite FoV page?
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-02-03 16:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I'm mostly a solo or duo player. Rarely I get into a long party due to time contraints. With that said. I've done hundreds and hundreds of pages from fields of valor. I'm interested to see which pages are peoples favorites. Mine are:

1- Sauromugne Champaine page 5 - Nice to kill cockatrices for meats, and the weapons are not too bad if you are the appropriate levels. Experience and farming combined = WIN.

2- Eastern Altepa page 5 - All the gobs are very, very close to the OP. You really only have to do any traveling to kill the manticore. this page is geographically small and very fast.

3- Valkrum page 4 - What's nice about the sheep and flys, is there is a heavy concentration between the OP and Selbina. So you can finish the page fast, and if you get in over your head, you can zone into Selbina.

4- Sanctuary of ZiTah page 1 - Very, very, little running. Fast, and lots of mobs to choose from.

5- Qufim page 1 - I only wish there was a worm page, and a manual at the pond, then this would be ranked 1.

6 - Western Altepa page 2 - Awesome that there is a manual right at the mountain where all the experience parties go. What's more, the mobs are all experience mobs.

Those are my top 6 by far. If anyone else has a particular favorite they enjoy, please share and also the reason why.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-03 16:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ro'Maeve page 1, all the way 62-75. Or alternatively, if you're SCH or BLM, page 4/5 Ru'Aun Gardens. 6 mobs, 200-300 exp per mob, and also 1.5k exp per page. Ends up at around 3000 exp for 6 mobs, or 500 exp each. And there's FoV books everywhere up there.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-02-03 16:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually Page3 in sky when trying to pop Despot.
 Alexander.Beouvle
Server: Alexander
user: Beouvle
By Alexander.Beouvle 2010-02-03 16:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately I've been lfp on RDM (lvl 25/26) and doing page 1 in Pashbow Marshlands. It's like 8 Leechs and 1 Gadfly (going for a few beastmen's blood). I got into a couple of good parties lately and went back as RDM at lvl 36, and those leeches are STILL EP.

I'm fairly new to this FOV stuff, though, so interested in seeing what everyone else does...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-03 17:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 3 in Valley of Sorrows. 1 Manticore 3 Peryton, very easy, and 1.5k exp ^^
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-03 17:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 4 in Cape Terrigan... Cockatrice, Raptors, and crabs.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-03 17:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't do FOV often, but i always find my self going back to Cape Terrigan, Only down side there's so many ppl there. but the up side, there's so many there, so if your solo'n on (whm) and don't wanna take 5~min a mob =P alotta ppl like to team up there.

another one i found help full, was the one at the OP in Western, or eastern altepa Desert (side w the Tele-crystal) Page 5 lvl 38-43 You get the kills Exping there anyway, and it's not "to hard" if to pull a Manticor xD If your a Crazy brd like my self and freaking pull from the other side of the bloody map * lullaby for the win
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-02-03 17:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

@ eternius - yes I think page 1 of ruavitu is my next target. that's only when I can't do EAD page 5 anymore ;)
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-02-03 17:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cape Terrigan Page 1. About a 4-5min page on monk lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-03 19:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cape terrible is always so packed. I tried to go there mostly to get skillups and some tabs out of it last night and there were litterally 40 peopel in zone doing it. Ro maeve is sometimes fully hard part is pulling on my mage jobs.

No one I mean no one does page 4/5 of sky though. I've solo'd those alot and never had 1 bit of competetion. Which is nice since I dislike 4 since it has air elementals. The only bad part is all that walking from island to island. Takes forever. Granted that gives me to to store up with sublimation and let my strat timers cool down. But still kinda lame.
 Fairy.Hayamiya
user: Hayamiya
By Fairy.Hayamiya 2010-02-03 20:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually head over to Cape Terrigan for an hour a day and do 2-3 Fov pages + exp ring.

Page 2 gobs and crabs is my favorite. Whm Goblins drop scrolls that can be sold for a little cash and sometimes they blow themself up for some fast kills.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-03 20:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Valley of Sorrows ~

Caskets drop some decent items and raptors and pyteradons are decent for farming
 Phoenix.Joz
Server: Phoenix
user: joz
By Phoenix.Joz 2010-02-03 21:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

- Cape Terrigan: Page 3 or 4. I also kill all the whm goblins too, since they can drop some nice spells.

- Sky: Page 5. This page gives 1600 xp and the elementals give between 200-250 xp. Usually nobody is up there, and if there are.. it's usually BST doing the lesser pages killing birds. What's also really nice is that you can use the red portals to warp up and get a new page.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-03 21:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cape terrible is always so packed.

Yeah, that's why I like VoS. Nobody there unless Ada window is open, and even then they tend not to fight mobs.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2010-02-03 21:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunnies and Liz or Gob and Crab in Cape Terrigan. Got my pup from 58-75 on those.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-03 21:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh another reason I like sky. The coffers. Sadly I've yet to get the equip from up there. But I did get 2 adaman ores in 1 casket and later that day a O ore. Gotten a few more O and A ores there. And a butt ton of clusters lol
 Pandemonium.Raudy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Raudy
By Pandemonium.Raudy 2010-02-03 21:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i liked western altepa pages 4 and 5. the scorps and ants had some decent vendor drops if you had room for the non stackable items.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-03 21:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Any page in sky that requires pots or dolls if I'm up there messing around. Especially if I'm with an ls or random group of friends, I can just pick up the page and go do whatever we're doing up there, and DD's in pt will end up killing them randomly for tp or something lol. Free xp pretty much. :3
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-02-04 00:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Usually Page3 in sky when trying to pop Despot.

this
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2010-02-04 00:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FoV in Valley of Sorrows Page 3 :) afk and get 1300 exp
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-04 00:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 1 in Ro'Maeve.

Also, I understand posting your favourite page, but posting your top 6 (so far) that aren't even all expable still at 75, and including your reasons WHY you like them just gets boring.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-02-04 01:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Cianti said:
FoV in Valley of Sorrows Page 3 :) afk and get 1300 exp

lol I do this all the time when we're camping aspid... sign up for the page and go afk during windows, someone in my ally always goin to kill stuff lol

Only job I ever solo on is BLM, and I always do that in Sea camping Ix'DRG where there is no FoV. Still no cape from that ***, so I'm stuck soloing it until he drops one.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-04 01:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Western Altep pg.3 and pg.5!

They're a godsend for BST using cactuar pets.
 Garuda.Sheila
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-02-04 01:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The Valley of Sorrows page 3 one is the best imo...hehe easy exp every hour if you're bored :D
 Seraph.Jacon
Server: Seraph
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-02-04 02:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Xarcabard page5 is easy as hell. Demons are up on those small platform~ledges (1 per and 1st one is right behind the Field Manual) and it's basically a route you go every time away from the OP.

After demons you can kill eyes around that immediate area (watch for elemental/magic aggro if up) or head past the right side of the Vahzl crystal and there are giants everywhere back there with some random eyes.

Wide open space back there to avoid links and aggro. Giants are pussies and some have pets for extra xp.

I'd bring some form of snk if you are too low lvl as you can get aggro by field manual or traveling around but once you figure out where the mobs are it's really fast and easy. mobs con ep @ 60 there but you should be gone by then.
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-02-04 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I used page 1 in sky when leveling bst from 72-75. Just go to one of the elemental islands to avoid the main entrance (which is where others doing page 1 seem to hand out)

Low level jobs, I liked page 1 in Buburimu Peninsula. Mandies and rabbits with the bonus of farming saruta cotton at the same time.

As others have said, Ro'Maeve page 1. 6 mobs and I think 1150xp for finishing the page with minimal effort.

Unfortunately, I had most of my subs leveled by the time FoV came out (and leveling rng after that couldn't find a solo friendly place for FoV)