Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-04 10:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Chapter 5

Day 62: Row and I awoke this morning to find Lil missing. It was his turn to watch. Coincidently I was able to sleep, so I believe the snoring theory holds some merit, but I digress. We checked around camp and noticed what appeared to be the markings of two creatures with about 6-8 legs, dragging something. Crawlers. Most likely taking Lil back to their nest. I never thought they were carnivores. Then again, I doubt we're dealing with normal crawlers. Row thinks it's best to wait for Krizz and Marz to return before searching for Lil. I hope we're not too late.

Day 63: Marz and Krizz have returned from their scouting mission. Seems as though the Marshlands are some kind of stronghold for the zombies. Krizz used his tracking skills to find where they've taken Lil. Just as I thought, Crawler's Nest.

Day 64: Today we assaulted Crawler's Nest. For the first time, my leg has felt strong enough for me to walk without the aid of my crutch. It had to, the fight was fierce. I never would have made it out alive relying on a stick. It's been so tough on me, since monks rely on their body as their weapon, but I feel as though I've done pretty well thus far. As we descended into the cave, a gust of cold air chilled my spine. The cave was musty, and smelled much like a galka after a hard day in the mines. The path was treacherous. Many small cliffs and holes barred us from setting a quick pace. It felt like an eternity just making our way to the center of the cave. What awaited us there was a site so horrible, I don't even want to write it down. But I must.

As we entered the clearing, we saw no less than 60 crawlers. Each one's flesh a green rotting color. A familiar, green rotting color. But that's not what was horrifying. No less than 30 cocoons lined the walls. Some were moving, most were not. Cocoons filled with their victims. They were preparing them for dinner.

We set upon the crawlers. Row opened up with a surprise Graviga* on the beasts. Marz used her superior ninja skills to distract a few of them and kite them around while Row obliterated them with magic. Seeing their flesh melt under the fire was sickening. Krizz stayed behind and kept us all alive. I dove right into the middle of the group, swinging my fists with an unparalleled fury. With each punch came the sound of bones crunching and blood squirting. I don't remember much more than that, the bloodlust must have taken a hold on me. I just remember being surrounded by a myriad of crawler corpses. We proceeded to open up all the cocoons. Most contained corpses. The stench was unbearable, the sight was worse. The victims rotted from the inside out. Just a slight touch, and their skin would burst open, revealing what looked like chopped liver. We found a total of 5 survivors, including Lilbusta. Only Lil and a Blue Mage by the name of Sectumsempra were in good enough shape the travel. The other 3 had to be left behind. Not our best moment by far. Sectum should make a great addition to the team, he has a great sense of humor. As we released him from his prison, we were greeted with "Thanks for helping me learn cocoon!"

*He's SCH/RDM, so Manifestation + Gravity for those wondering ;P

I'll do more later, lunch time! :D
 Titan.Marzbarz
Server: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-02-04 11:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome!
Lol'd at the end XD
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-04 11:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO. Well done, Dame.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-04 13:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I need to ask Scragg to create a whole new forum for these stories. :3
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 14:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

so I don't get that epic dying fight scene?

Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-04 14:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
so I don't get that epic dying fight scene?

Who said I wasn't saving it for later?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 14:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized how short my story was, I just got right down to the bloody business
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-04 14:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I just realized how short my story was, I just got right down to the bloody business
Nothing wrong with that. You had a story with zombies, blood, gore, and violence. Can't ask for more :)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 14:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Nothing wrong with that. You had a story with zombies, blood, gore, and violence. Can't ask for more :)

{True Strike}
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-04 14:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

{True Strike}

I don't think anyone can top that "I saw a familiar pair of *** in the crowd. Alryia..."

That was pretty win, and coming from me of all people
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-04 14:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

{True Strike}

I don't think anyone can top that "I saw a familiar pair of *** in the crowd. Alryia..."

Yeah, I think that was my favorite line.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 14:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

{True Strike}

even in death they were still round and perky
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-04 14:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Chapter 6

Day 65: Krizz cast a few more healing spells on my leg. The vomiting has dwindled down to about once per day. Well except yesterday, but that wasn't from the injury. Every time I change the bandage, the smell makes me cringe. It smells worse than an elvaan brothel. We decided just to rest up today after the fight we had in the nest. Besides, Lil is a bit shaken up by the experience. He hasn't said a word since his release. Tomorrow we head for Pashow Marshlands.

Day 66: Morale is low today. We made it Pashow. It's as infested as Marz and Krizz said it is. Zombies everywhere. We decided it would be best to attempt to sneak past as many as we could. As we devised a plan, Lil finally snapped and yelled "Lil Bustaaa!" while charging into the zombies. It was a terrifying sight, seeing Lil getting ripped apart inch by inch, until a zombie galka punted what was left of his little taru body into the mouth of a goobbue. He certainly fought to the end though, slaying over a dozen zombies. We fled back to Rolanberry before they decided to turn their attention to us. Great, now they know we're coming.

Day 67: Today we attempted to enter Pashow again. As we approached the Marshlands, we noticed that very few zombies were around. Something must have drawn them away. Whatever it is, we're grateful for it, as it allows us to move through unnoticed. Our pace is brisk, we want to get out of here as quickly as possible.

Day 68: It seems the zombies have all gathered together in some sort of a meeting. They're organized, this cannot bode well. They speak some sort of language consisting of grunts, groans, and moans. We can't get close enough to see what's happening. I'm still not sure if I even want to know.

Taken from the Chronicles of Spence
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 14:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle the Zombie is back and plotting revenge!
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-04 15:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Lil...
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-04 15:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated character list so far:

Dameshi: Dead
KFH: Zombie
Spence: Injured, recovering?
Marz: Alive
Lilbusta: Goobbue Dung
Rowland: Alive
Krizz: Alive
Sectumsempra: Alive, learned cocoon.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 15:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I like the leeroy jenkin's appraoch

it never fails
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-02-04 15:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

/cheer! Get a baggy and set me free after the infestation is over.
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-04 15:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
/cheer! Get a baggy and set me free after the infestation is over.
lmao
 Seraph.Crunk
Server: Seraph
user: Crunk
By Seraph.Crunk 2010-02-04 15:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, that was a great end to Chapter 5 Dame. Will never look at Cocoon the same now. Where can we find "Book of Fu" in its entirety(sp)?

Edit: Poor Lil, he survived so much only to snap. At least he went down swingin'.
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-04 15:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Crunk said:
Lol, that was a great end to Chapter 5 Dame. Will never look at Cocoon the same now. Where can we find "Book of Fu" in its entirety(sp)?
He made a thread, but I think he left out the first couple posts. They were in the linkshell ni thread (good luck back reading to find them). I'd look for you, but I need to leave in a few min :/
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 15:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll find them and post them in my thrad
 Seraph.Crunk
Server: Seraph
user: Crunk
By Seraph.Crunk 2010-02-04 15:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd be awesome, I'm at work on a govt. computer and trying to get stuff done for my boss so hard for me to find them right now lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-04 16:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, I found the first entries, they're at the end of the thread. Read those first, then head back to the top to read the rest.
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-05 15:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Chapter 7

Day 69: The zombies broke up the meeting today and began heading for Konschtat Highlands. We looked around their camp before setting off to follow them. It looks like this was some sort of training grounds for the abominations. There were armor, weapons, and training dummies littered around the camp. A crudely drawn map lay across a makeshift table crafted from bones of their victims. There is a large X on the map. Bastok. We faced a moral dilemma. Do we continue our journey of self-preservation, or do we follow the zombie horde in hopes of trying to stop whatever sick plans they have devised. Perhaps survivors have fled to Bastok and fought back the zombies. I prefer to continue on our journey. It may sound selfish, but it's every man for himself in this world. Why should our small band look after others, when there is nobody to look after us? We shall sleep on it, and discuss in the morning.

Day 70: We took an anonymous vote this morning. 3 votes for going to Bastok, 2 against. Looks like we're in for a lot of killing in the next few days. On a better note, my leg is healing up nicely. I can see the surprise in Krizz's eyes each morning as he looks at it. I almost feel like a science project.

Day 71: We followed the horde into Konschtat. They move faster than other zombies we've seen. We have a hard time keeping up due to the zombies never needing to rest. I've noticed the ground almost seems to erode right under their feet. It seems that anything that even so much as comes into contact with these monstrosities becomes one of them. Knowing this makes me feel so much more fortunate for still being alive.

Day 72: I caught a glimpse of their leader today. A hume. But what makes it so unnerving, is that the leader isn't one of them. It's just a regular, living hume. He was sporting a jet black, hooded cloak. Underneath I could see the gleam of freshly polished, black armor. A scythe was strapped to his back. He was tall for a hume, I'd guess almost 7' tall. A grizzled, dark brown beard masked his face. I couldn't make out his face due to the hood. Something doesn't add up. What would a hume be doing with these once living creatures?

Day 73: We passed the tele-point today. It took us a few minutes to figure out that's what it was supposed to be. Nothing but dirt and rubble remained. It almost looked like a professional destruction job, as if it was taken down on purpose, rather than as an additional casualty in a battle. Clearly that hume I saw yesterday is pulling the strings. He doesn't want anyone teleporting to aid Bastok. This battle is going to be bloody.

Taken from the Chronicles of Spence
 Titan.Marzbarz
Server: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-02-05 15:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

/grin
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz