What's The Best Set Up For The Carby Mitts??

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's the best set up for the Carby mitts??
What's the best set up for the Carby mitts??
First Page 2
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-01 23:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell what would be the best set up for the NM that drops Carby mitts please??
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-01 23:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Um not sure what you mean. It is soloable by a few jobs. Theres alot of setups that would work great
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-01 23:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still pretty new. Only been playing for a little less than 5 months. I just got SMN yesterday and am trying to plan head. I have only fought a few NM's, and for the most part been face down in the dirt, LOL.I just want things to go smooth. I would be greatful for any advice please.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-01 23:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There should be a whole slew of strats and setups with lvls on wiki for it. I've only done it a couple of times. Was pld rdm thf and something else. Yeah was pretty overkill but fun
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-01 23:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I took about 5 people for this and it was indeed overkill. A DD or two and a healer should be able to handle it.
 Pandemonium.Areis
Server: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-02-01 23:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think i can solo it on:
Sam/Dnc
Whm/(Pld or Sch)
Cor/Sch
Blm/Rdm
Blu/Dnc
Smn/Sch
Mnk/Dnc
Drg/Rdm

I can't say for sure I've only ever soloed it as Sam/Dnc but i have reasonable confidence in the rest.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-01 23:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for the ideas!!!! I am always greatful for the advice you uber players give me.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Server: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-02-02 00:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Areis said:
I would think i can solo it on:
Sam/Dnc
Whm/(Pld or Sch)
Cor/Sch
Blm/Rdm
Blu/Dnc
Smn/Sch
Mnk/Dnc
Drg/Rdm

I can't say for sure I've only ever soloed it as Sam/Dnc but i have reasonable confidence in the rest.

DNC/NIN
NIN/DNC
and
THF/NIN

come to mind as well.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-02 00:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to poke holes but don't think a thf/nin could or it would be very tight. I was on thf last time I killed it. While evading wasn't really a problem and not just because I had a tank.

But throat stab can drop you like that if you don't have hate reset. And searing light does 200+ with shell. Without it you can and will eat alot more and as hp goes lower they will get bigger anyways. Also the smnd elemental can be a problem sometimes

Maybe if you had high healer npc to help and some tactics pearl. But bolt's jsut wont cure you fast enough at times.
 Fairy.Ameldakun
Server: Fairy
user: Ameldakun
By Fairy.Ameldakun 2010-02-02 00:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Accidentally posted in wrong topic so ignore the "Post Removed by User" above, lol I swear I have a brain.
EDIT: And omg I posted what I posted in other thread. FFFFF.

Anyway, my set up for wining was x2 Smn, x1 Whm, x1 Pld, x1 Sam. It was pretty smooth. Be careful however of doll repops when you're fighting on the stairs. They can be a huge issue for low man groups.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-02 00:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/NIN can not solo it... unless your EXTREMELY lucky. Searing lights will take you out fast, unless your rich and got lots of pots, and yea Throat Stab will get the best of you if you screw up once.

Easiest job that can solo it I think is RDM/NIN. Ive been able to do it without barely taking any damage at all. Keeping MP up the entire somewhat long fight wasn't difficult at all either. Just keep buffs up and Elemental slept.

As for set up, I'd say it can be taken out with many combinations, if you want you can easily bring a exp set up party and kill it. Tank, Healer and DDs. Dont even need any of that. Can easily duo it with a tank and a healer. PLD preferred, NIN/DNC next. Any healer maybe even SMN main healer can do it. I'd suggest one that can sleep though, RDM or SCH. Keep the Elemental slept, less of a hassle.

PLD + RDM duo. ftw!

Also you guys have to keep in mind that, that area is really hard to actually solo in, unless you kill pretty fast ***respawns on you quickly, no where you can bring the NM thats pretty safe without pulling all sorts of ***with you or linking, Higher Tier Tonberry spawn right at the spawn point, magic aggro mobs fill the hallways just outside of that area ect ect. So yes soloing can be pretty difficult.

Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-02-02 00:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, seeing as your highest is 68 War, you could probably just take a 75Rdm with you and duo it easily.

When I did it, the party was Thf/Nin (me), Whm/Nin and Whm/Blm. Whm/Blm stayed on sleep duty for the elemental and respawns (Though it was unneeded)also main healing, while the Whm/Nin backup damaged and healed. I was tank and main damage, and never got hit once with Throat Stab (Fought enough to learn to dodge it), Searing Light didn't do much either. Took it down quick and easy with no trouble at all.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-02 01:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again thanks again to all who took the time to answer this post!! I wish some of your folks were on my server.
 Fairy.Tedwardian
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-02-02 01:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

my 1st time going for carby mitts we got MPK'd... lmao
some *** trained dolls on us until we wiped. magic agg ftl.
apparently we "stole the ??? pop" fkn *** (*** you Redfx.. some name like that)
that was years ago.
came back the next day and trio'd BLM RDM DD with np, gl.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-02 01:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have heard a few like stories like that Ted. Sorry to hear that happened man. I have a few crazy as hell( in a fun way) people in my L.S. that I think would help me. Good news for me they are all top notch players and cool *** people. I could also use that LVL1 light scroll the NM drops to. Thanks for all the suggestions.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-02 01:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I want that scroll... Killed that NM like 7 times, only seen that scroll drop once, Gave it to the GF. I could still really use one now, too lazy to keep soloing it though and obviously too broke. /sulk
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-02-02 01:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually just got my Mitts the other day. I was WHM/SCH, my fiance' was PLD/WAR. It was a slow fight, but not overly difficult. We had both reset our hate, and he avoided Throat Stab awesomely.

Good luck. 8)
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-02 01:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I guess I will farm for my key and offering and bring the best party I can get together and hope everything drops!!!
 Carbuncle.Agents
Server: Carbuncle
user: Laddie
By Carbuncle.Agents 2010-02-02 01:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL...I fought that NM many times and always let other ppls lot the scroll...now guess what ? I needed that scroll for my smn LOL and that damn NM keep forget that scroll at home O.o
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-02 01:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Your pretty cool...Want to come to Ifrit!!!
 Carbuncle.Agents
By Carbuncle.Agents 2010-02-02 01:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, maybe 3 months later tho...I'm moved to Carbuncle few days ago hehehe...I'm server hoping tho but atleast I never left with bad rep lol...
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-02 01:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well hopefully I will still be around and if you ever head over here to Ifrit please say "Hi" if you see me.
 Carbuncle.Agents
By Carbuncle.Agents 2010-02-02 02:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Will do :) anyway, alot ppls here are really cool if you ever need help or questions just ask, hehehe.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-02 02:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that people here on the forums are very cool. Sadly I did not see anyone from my server though. Oh well time to sweet talk Aliyah for help. She is such a cool girl!!
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-02 02:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it is time for me to bale. I would like to thank everyone for there time and ideas once again. Take care people!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Acidassassin
By Hades.Acidassassin 2010-02-02 05:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Agents said:
Well, maybe 3 months later tho...I'm moved to Carbuncle few days ago hehehe...I'm server hoping tho but atleast I never left with bad rep lol...

You didnt fake your death did you? =P
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-02-02 05:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Acidassassin said:
Carbuncle.Agents said:

Heh...maybe it's the Ambien, but that literally made me LOL, hard. Good one. ^,^
 Hades.Acidassassin
By Hades.Acidassassin 2010-02-02 05:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Silvaria said:
Hades.Acidassassin said:
Carbuncle.Agents said:

Heh...maybe it's the Ambien, but that literally made me LOL, hard. Good one. ^,^

lol i couldnt resist
First Page 2