Forum » FFXI » General » Credit card expiring
Credit card expiring
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-01-31 19:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So my debit card expires at the end of the month (today) and it's one that isn't eligible for the secure card whatever thingy. So I did an online chat a few days ago and had them update my info (so they say). I'm still getting the "The card you're using expires at the end of this month" message when I log on playonline. Anyone had this issue before and can you tell me if you still got the message but was billed correctly? I would've called them to find out but I haven't been around during their business hours to call them. Guess I'll find out tomorrow or whenever they bill, but I wanted a heads up if possible. Thanks.
 Asura.Leyla
Server: Asura
user: leylaz
By Asura.Leyla 2010-02-01 10:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i did with my visa debit. i had to jump through alot of hoops to get it certified too. your best bet is to call your bank or whoever gave u that card and explain that SE dosnt have certification noir a checkout for your card. My bank then instructed me on how to do it myself. Hope that helps :P
 Hades.Altimaomega
Server: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2010-02-01 10:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i have the same problem, with a bit of a twist. mine expired only i didnt know about it, i had used the thing for 6yrs on the game. anyhow it expired and now my account is past due with them. i have 4 other cards 3 that are 3-d secure and 1 that is not. i have been trying for 4 months to get them to work with SE's Fvcked up payment method, i am once again calling them today about it......... i have to call cuase they just kick me out of there online chat.. lol

good luck.. i hope its better than mine...
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
Server: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-02-01 11:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There is actually a way to cheat this. I had almost the same issue a few months back. My debit card expired (been using it since day 1 release so i never had to verify it) got the new card and it was not "verifiable." I didnt want to use a credit card (even tho i have them) so i did the same thing called, jumped through hoops and wasnt able to get it resolved.

Decided screw it and put in the info for one of my credit cards, verified, and then had some issue with the card.... Went back and put my debit card info in and it went right through O.o

Long story short. If you have a verifiable card. Put that info in and verify it. When asked to confirm go back and put in what ever card you actually want to use and proceed. As long as a card was verified they will process it.

Note: this was 6mo ago so maybe they will catch up to the error and maybe not but it worked for me.
 Hades.Altimaomega
Server: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2010-02-01 13:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
There is actually a way to cheat this. I had almost the same issue a few months back. My debit card expired (been using it since day 1 release so i never had to verify it) got the new card and it was not "verifiable." I didnt want to use a credit card (even tho i have them) so i did the same thing called, jumped through hoops and wasnt able to get it resolved.

Decided screw it and put in the info for one of my credit cards, verified, and then had some issue with the card.... Went back and put my debit card info in and it went right through O.o

Long story short. If you have a verifiable card. Put that info in and verify it. When asked to confirm go back and put in what ever card you actually want to use and proceed. As long as a card was verified they will process it.

Note: this was 6mo ago so maybe they will catch up to the error and maybe not but it worked for me.

wow that actually sounds like it might work, thanks a lot ill try it out!