Forum » FFXI » General » RECENT BANNINGS, TRYING TO PROTEST MAR.1
RECENT BANNINGS, TRYING TO PROTEST MAR.1
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-30 10:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I haven't gotten a RMT tell in a long time.

Of course, I cuss them out alot also, they can try to GM me all they want, it won't work...
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-30 11:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ifrit.Myori said:
Ive been blocked talking about blue magic and a few times when talking about the auction house. I can still use the word Bro though without getting blocked and let me tell you i'm TOTALLY STOKED about it ;p

Yo bro

@OP

Also, don't believe for a second you got banned for nothing. Especially since it's you and a group of friends, obviously did/use something illegal. They don't ban someone then ban his friendlist for funsies :x

I agree with you that we may not have the entire story here but keep in mind, a banning could happen for no reason at all.

I mean people go to jail sometimes for no reason at all. Some innocent people have had their entire lives ruined just by happenstance. Just because your accused of something it doesn't mean you did it, people do make mistakes and that includes SE.

I'm not defending him and banning his friends list is pretty telling.. but don't believe that it never happens.. ya know?
 Ifrit.Keeria
Server: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 17:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, it seems a lot of people really think I was buying gil or something. Is it really that unbelievable that SE made a mistake? As for bowen, having dated him for two years, I can 100% guarantee that he wasn't doing anything illegal either. But if people really want to believe the system works one hundred percent of the time, feel free to spend as much time as you like in your safe, happy box full of safe, happy thoughts.

Also, if I'm already banned, what would my motivation be to lie about it? That makes no sense.

As for making a new character, I have a free 30-day trial sitting around and a bunch of content IDs from the several different copies of the game I've bought over the years. They're not getting a cent.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-01-30 17:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SquareEnix is a business, not a government. "Protests" don't accomplish much because, by and large, the extent of the potential customer backlash has already been weighed against the benefit of banning the person before the decision was ever made.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 17:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
SquareEnix is a business, not a government. "Protests" don't accomplish much because, by and large, the extent of the potential customer backlash has already been weighed against the benefit of banning the person before the decision was ever made.
That may be, but again, the protest wasn't really my idea. Even if it doesn't kick anything off in-game, I'd still like to use this topic to inform people that Square-Enix has gone a bit mad with the ol' ban-stick lately, lol.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-01-30 17:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI, capped subject lines, multiple exclamation marks, and subjects like "sooooOOoOOooooooooooooooooooooo" will be stripped from the front page or possibly deleted. So make it clean if you want front page exposure.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-30 19:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Only way to prove you are innocent is to show us you play on ps2.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 19:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And I have to prove it to you...why? Oh, because my claim is ludicrous or unbelievable, right? Hell, if you want me to prove I'm telling the truth, which is impossible, then I present an equally asinine and impossible proposition: anyone who wants to pretend I'm lying can go ahead and prove that to me.

...Whatever, lol. I just wanted to get word out that SE has gone a bit crazy lately. If you want to take what I say for lies, then feel free. I really don't care whether some arbitrary person on the Internet believes my word about a video game's...shudder...unjust behavior.

Yay, Internet. A guy can start all the rumors he wants and be believed, but damn if someone believes an honest word spoken.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
By Bowenman 2010-03-10 04:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares if we got banned? I only came back to level BLM with Ag. The GMs just freaked out cuz all of my friends gave me gil and gear and assumed it was a real-money trade. FFXI sucks and it's a broken game. The game's boring and VERY slow. You guys have fun getting 99 while I gank Alliance jerks on that fun game you all bash for being better than yours. You know, the one with cool, fun and literate GMs who aren't paranoid freaks. kthxbye :D

P.S. When I talked to a SE GM in a chatroom, he told me he played WoW, too. That just goes to show you how shitty your game is. Its own employees play its biggest competitor and have more fun on it.

Thrall > Shantotto.

Peace, Bowenman ..l..
 Midgardsormr.Sheebs
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sheebs
By Midgardsormr.Sheebs 2010-03-10 12:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply