How Much Did K Ore Get Cut On Your Server?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How much did K ore get cut on your server?
How much did K ore get cut on your server?
First Page 2
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-01-29 10:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems they got cut down to 420k-450k here. They were 500k.

I don't understand why people basically hurt them self by undercutting an item that will sell fast either way.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-29 10:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Brenda said:

I don't understand why people basically hurt them self by undercutting an item that will sell fast either way.

People want gil ASAP is why

I'm considering buying up a bunch when they get low and waiting a month or 2 to sell them
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-29 10:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Fairy.Brenda said:

People want gil ASAP is why

I'm considering buying up a bunch when they get low and waiting a month or 2 to sell them

Bonanza is great for Crafters, and people who do that ;)

If I had the money, I'd buy loads and wait too XD

I'm waiting to see them drop to 100k like last year, or behe hides to 50k like the very first one.
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-01-29 10:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, lol, Im tempted to buy the AH out and relist them all for 500k.

Funny thing is, I bet they would sell too.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-29 10:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The ultimate plus is that Imperial Wootz Ingots will go down in price temporarily for anyone doing salvage.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-29 10:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Brenda said:

That would almost certainly be a waste of money on your part. If you have the gil to spare, buy them all up cheap, and resell them in a month. But relisting them right away would only result in you losing a lot of gil because people will just get theirs from the moogle and undercut you.

I'm a Smither, and I assure you people will not go much higher than they already were for these ores.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-29 10:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Brenda said:

Price fixing
 Fairy.Shiyo
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-09 00:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

People undercutting items that sell instantly and 15+ a day is hilarious to see, and makes me angry at the same time.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-09 01:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's down to about 440k here, which is why I don't really wanna do any ISNMs yet until the prices go back up. Then again, I have crap luck with that ISNM anyways.
 Shiva.Lordtip
Server: Shiva
user: lordtip
By Shiva.Lordtip 2010-02-09 01:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Back down to 400k on our server =/ was up to 500k, just got one tonight think ill hold off awhile see what happens
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-09 02:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Brenda said:

Q_Qing about gil, why the hell do threads like this get made?

You do know why there is under cutting right? You do not need a high I.Q to understand economics, you do know this right?
[+]
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-09 03:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, let's undercut an item that's in high demand, that sells instantly for 500k, 15+ selling a day, and within 3 days if there was 150 on the AH, all 150 would sell for 500k. GOOD IDEA!!
Server: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-02-09 03:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Going for about 450-480kish on Remora atm as opposed to the usual 500. Not too bad of a loss.
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-02-09 03:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

450k to 400k for the first day, then a few hours later, back up to 450k.

Prices only deflate if you allow them to. Some of us were smart and kept it at the going price.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-09 03:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Yes, let's undercut an item that's in high demand, that sells instantly for 500k, 15 selling a day, and within 3 days if there was 150 on the AH, all 150 would sell for 500k. GOOD IDEA!!

So... are you a blonde? or just normally a ditz?
[+]
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-09 03:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Shiyo said:
Yes, let's undercut an item that's in high demand, that sells instantly for 500k, 15 selling a day, and within 3 days if there was 150 on the AH, all 150 would sell for 500k. GOOD IDEA!!

Duh I'm blonde, are you BLIND?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-09 04:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Shiyo said:

Duh I'm blonde, are you BLIND?

Yes of course I can see that you are. But that is irrelevant to the point I was making. Blondes of today's generation, *rolls eyes*.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-02-09 04:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

there are a couple pretty big things nobody is mentioning. the #1 force behind a consumer price is supply and demand, and there are a lot of factors going into any servers current kore price. what they are used for is a good place to start~ it will take 24 kores and 12 wootzs to complete ONE salvage body. there arent that many salvage bodies getting completed.. expecting 50 kores to sell a day would be the same as expecting 2 bodies to get completed a day.. and thats not far fetched per se, im sure some days more than a few bodies will get finished. but for the most part, none to 1.. there definitely are not 700+ new bodies popping up per server each year. now about where they come from~, some days the isnm is spammed harder than others, and 50 can sure enough pop up. there have definitely been plenty as well were maybe 5 topps got sold. another thing to consider is dyna bastok. there are actually some days nobody does it, if you can believe it.. sometimes even multiple days can pass <.<. no wootzs getting listed = kore pile up. and then theres the simple, ppl dont want to wait for money, which is perfectly reasonable imo. i think its rational and logical even to say, ill take the 419 now instead of 450 later, maybe WAY later, esp when A 30k~ really isnt all that hard to get (o hey i got that in my crapdrops from isnm), and B a pile up of ores can happen anytime, where youll end up just relisting(fees) numerous times, just to satisfy pride? ore pile ups/droughts are almost a daily occurrence on cait now even... in just the last few weeks there have been a whole handful of times that no wootzs were up for periods of time, or where no imp wootzs are even getting sold. there are definitely days where 50 get listed and paid for in top value, and everybody is happy. ppl getting the salvage drops buy stacks of ingots, crafters making a little bit of money, ppl pushing their ores for as much as they can.. just hella cant expect that to be 24/7/365

edit: like to also recommend ppl low man/split instead of shout for groups of 6/insist on finding a full party. a thf and rdm duoing will be just as fast/faster than a group of 6 doing yoyd. same for a group of 3, or 4 even. to all you people that say ive spammed it all month, or all these last months, ive gone 50 times and gotten one or none, and etc... if you go 50 times splitting in a small group instead, trust me.. youll be a lot happier in the long run. price flux is nothing to be concerned about at all if your consistently spamming it with a friend or two.
[+]
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-02-09 06:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Fairy.Brenda said:

Price fixing

Naw its called "buying shares". It's the only fun part of capitalism. Price fixing is when despite quantity or demand the price of the stuff wont change at all which is don't by ppl camping the ah buying all the ones undercutting by like 1k or so and re posting them at the "standard" price.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-09 07:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Fairy.Brenda said:

Price fixing

Naw its called "buying shares". It's the only fun part of capitalism. Price fixing is when despite quantity or demand the price of the stuff wont change at all which is don't by ppl camping the ah buying all the ones undercutting by like 1k or so and re posting them at the "standard" price.

Meh, pretty sure buying out AH and relisting at a higher price (regardless if it's setting it back to the "standard" price) it's price fixing and is against the ToS.

Doesn't matter to me really since it'd only benefit me, I sell kore onry
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-09 07:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Brenda said:

Went up by 60k on Garuda. Curses!
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2010-02-09 07:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
it will take 24 kores and 12 wootzs to complete ONE salvage body. there arent that many salvage bodies getting completed.. expecting 50 kores to sell a day would be the same as expecting 2 bodies to get completed a day.. and thats not far fetched per se, im sure some days more than a few bodies will get finished. but for the most part, none to 1.. there definitely are not 700 new bodies popping up per server each year.
There are probably a lot of people (myself included) who can get the pieces of gear but lack the funds. If Kores drop in price and by extension I ingots, you can believe I'd get mine sooner than normal, as would a lot of people. But since most people are reporting only a 50k loss, theres no reason to panic. 500k to 50k is important, 500k-450k... we see that on every weekend when supply increases. 50k loss with mog bonanza influx, I'll settle for it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Valafar
Server: Ramuh
user: Valafar
By Ramuh.Valafar 2010-02-09 07:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

On Ramuh they actually dropped by 100k or so a few weeks before the bonanza and have stayed almost at 450k throughout. 550k was the standard price for quite awhile, and then out of the blue one morning I pop on FFXIAH and see no less than 47 on sale as opposed to the 4-5 the night before.
Perhaps someone had been buying up ores ready for ingot synths and changed their mind or something - but regardless, of course, some half-wit dropped the price down to get sales. I was expecting it to drop lower after bonanza but surprisingly it barely faltered - weren't nearly as many ores on AH as I'd expected there to be.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-02-09 07:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They dropped by this much on Unicorn
Quote:
[--------------------------------------------------]
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2010-02-09 09:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

k ore went down to 460k from 500k here on carbuncle but the wootz ore went from 200-300k so imp wootz ignots stayed same price 1,3 mil
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-09 09:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Brenda said:
Seems they got cut down to 420k-450k here. They were 500k. I don't understand why people basically hurt them self by undercutting an item that will sell fast either way.
Q_Qing about gil, why the hell do threads like this get made? You do know why there is under cutting right? You do not need a high I.Q to understand economics, you do know this right?

You finally say something I can agree with and doesnt make you look stupid /clap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Server: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-02-09 09:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol to gil
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2010-02-09 10:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they went up 50k on mine
 Bismarck.Sweetchuck
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sweetchuck 2010-02-09 10:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

drop down to 400k immediately after numbers were released but they are now back up to 500k. I listed mine for 500k while they were going for 400k and mine still sold. There are some people out there that desire these items bad enough so they paid.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-09 15:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
there are a couple pretty big things nobody is mentioning. the #1 force behind a consumer price is supply and demand, and there are a lot of factors going into any servers current kore price. what they are used for is a good place to start~ it will take 24 kores and 12 wootzs to complete ONE salvage body. there arent that many salvage bodies getting completed.. expecting 50 kores to sell a day would be the same as expecting 2 bodies to get completed a day.. and thats not far fetched per se, im sure some days more than a few bodies will get finished. but for the most part, none to 1.. there definitely are not 700 new bodies popping up per server each year. now about where they come from~, some days the isnm is spammed harder than others, and 50 can sure enough pop up. there have definitely been plenty as well were maybe 5 topps got sold. another thing to consider is dyna bastok. there are actually some days nobody does it, if you can believe it.. sometimes even multiple days can pass <.<. no wootzs getting listed = kore pile up. and then theres the simple, ppl dont want to wait for money, which is perfectly reasonable imo. i think its rational and logical even to say, ill take the 419 now instead of 450 later, maybe WAY later, esp when A 30k~ really isnt all that hard to get (o hey i got that in my crapdrops from isnm), and B a pile up of ores can happen anytime, where youll end up just relisting(fees) numerous times, just to satisfy pride? ore pile ups/droughts are almost a daily occurrence on cait now even... in just the last few weeks there have been a whole handful of times that no wootzs were up for periods of time, or where no imp wootzs are even getting sold. there are definitely days where 50 get listed and paid for in top value, and everybody is happy. ppl getting the salvage drops buy stacks of ingots, crafters making a little bit of money, ppl pushing their ores for as much as they can.. just hella cant expect that to be 24/7/365

edit: like to also recommend ppl low man/split instead of shout for groups of 6/insist on finding a full party. a thf and rdm duoing will be just as fast/faster than a group of 6 doing yoyd. same for a group of 3, or 4 even. to all you people that say ive spammed it all month, or all these last months, ive gone 50 times and gotten one or none, and etc... if you go 50 times splitting in a small group instead, trust me.. youll be a lot happier in the long run. price flux is nothing to be concerned about at all if your consistently spamming it with a friend or two.

crafter's will buy k.ore to make ingot, just so you know.
First Page 2