Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Character Vanished
Character Vanished
By Zodd00 2010-01-28 19:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I zoned from Jeuno to rolanberry or sauromugue or batallia, i cant remember which, and it went black when i loaded and never came back, just stayed black for a min then crashed. Every time u reload the game its black then crashes, but another character my friend uses works fine, got to his character and it went right to it, np, loaded fine.

any ideas?
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-28 20:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this problem last year, I was talking to an NPC in whitegate and it DCd me, then every time I tried to re-log it'd hang at the ***Now loading*** screen and then I'd disconnect.

Is this the same trouble you are having? Or is the game crashing?

If you can, Call a GM on your friend's account and see what's up, pray that they don't tell you 'it's just a registration server error' like they told me. it took a few days but it eventually just fixed itself.
You may want to try a filecheck on PoL and see if anything became corrupted, it should take around 30 minutes or so but it might find a problem with a corrupted .dat

I hope that this helps you, Zodd00!
 Valefor.Eirinne
Server: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-01-28 20:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a friend log into me when this happened and it fixed itself straight away. it's actually happened 3 times, all three from valkrum.
By Zodd00 2010-01-28 20:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the advice
how do i do a filecheck on pol israfel?
something could be corrupted i guess
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-28 20:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

when you open PoL, check the menu down the left hand side of the screen~
There should be a tab that says 'check Files'.
On this next screen there should be a drop down menu you can open, it'll say playonline, FFXI or tetra master.
Hit FFXI and then check files at the bottom of the page~
Leave it to do its thing and in about 30mins it'll tell you if you had to have anything replaced :)

**Edit**

Forgot to say: if you have any custom .dat files, it will count those as corrupted, so if you wish to keep them, then back them up before running the file check^^